Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I barely understand why they're putting Soul Hackers on Xbox, Persona would be crazy. More niche-in-the-west Japanese games don't survive on there unless they cut a gamepass deal, right?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I barely understand why they're putting Soul Hackers on Xbox, Persona would be crazy. More niche-in-the-west Japanese games don't survive on there unless they cut a gamepass deal, right?
Yeah, more niche-Japanese games like Soul Hackers should be on game pass, those games don't sell on Xbox from what I've read, Persona should not be on game pass to tesat out the waters for bigger Japanese games and I guess it could sell okay on Xbox at least.

Soul Hackers is gonna bomb on Xbox.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if MS paid for the port.

Also, Xbox Series is on its way to be the best selling Xbox console in Japan haha

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
If real P5R has to be a shadowdrop. Its a 100hr game and SH2 will probably be a 80-100hr game as well. They don't want to hurt their own sales so P5R has to release right now or later in the year like Nov/Dec.

Xbox did something similar for DQ11 definitive a couple years ago they announced it for Gamepass in the summer showcase and release was Dec. So maybe they do same for P5R this time.

• Eyes
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
If this gets announced tomorrow for Steam after the event, I fucking die.
DP2, wow

there are ZERO graphics settings, you can't even change resolution, oh, and it has the Japanese controller layout (B to accept), great port, 10/10

:toucan:
but runs at 50-60fps on Deck! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Persona 5 showing up at the Xbox showcase would make perfect sense considering it wouldn't be the first time a SEGA IP proved itself on PC only for them to go to Microsoft immediately after and start treating PC as an afterthought. Yes, I am still salty that all the Yakuza releases after Kiwami 2 were held back until the Xbox ports were ready. Why do you ask? 🙃

I really hope whoever said the Gears collection isn't real is wrong, though. I really want it to be true. :confounded-face:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
No Gears collection at the show? I can believe it because the rumors are kinda new on that and I imagine it's got a long time in the oven yet.

But if they mean that no Gears collection at all, even in development, I'll be quite sad. Gears 1-4 are pretty good campaigns, and we live in a time where shooter campaigns in general have really dried up and disappeared in favor of MP-only stuff. 😕
=========

Edit: Kadokawa Games Cancels Development on Metal Max: Wild West Game

Damn, the prequel just hit Steam like two days ago...

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Some sites report new Blade Runner game for 2025, wasn’t supposed to be Blade Runner: enhanced edition in works?
Is it cancelled?

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wasn’t Persona 5 all but confirmed last year too? Seems like a weird announcement in the middle of the SH2 marketing, like two days after opening preorders on every platform.
It could just be an announcement and the release may not happen for a while. Like Dec or early next year so preorders for P5R may not start for a long while after release of SH2. That way they avoid hurting SH2 sales.

And if MS actually paid them for the port/gamepass...then they want to show it in the showcase tomorrow regardless since Xbox won't do any other shows for a long while.

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Epic Games should be worried about the lack of EGS logos in the showcases so far. Like 95% of games so far is coming to Steam, not EGS.
I think it's becoming more and more clear that unless you're being paid by Epic putting your game on EGS just isn't going to have nearly the RoI needed to support having it on another store and having to support those features.

I can't even imagine how much third party revenue will drop when they completely stop providing coupons during sales, I do got to wonder if the changes in coupons this year resulted in less sales.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
So potentially Persona 5, Silkgong AND Kojima at XBOX Showcase.
I would lose my freaking mind.

But imagine, 2 of the most japanese things you could think about and an indie that overhypes 99% of AAA games, all together in a Microsoft conference.
PC Gaming in 2022

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
If Xbox's show becomes the unofficial PC announcement show 2 electric bungaloo, that'd be cool.

Wouldn't be surprised if a Person announcement was Xbox only, because it's Atlus, a company that has always been resistant to multi-platform, and Xbox, who think this is something worth hyping up.

DP2, wow

there are ZERO graphics settings, you can't even change resolution, oh, and it has the Japanese controller layout (B to accept), great port, 10/10

:toucan:
What in the hell, how? It's freaking Unreal 4, how do you cock it up that badly?
Now I'm trying to remember an old UE3 game that had a truly disastrous port...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The modding potential for Starfield is gonna be so high. Just imagine all the Star Wars and Trek stuff people could do.

Someone could mod in the entirety of Tatooine with characters and quests.

Depending on how big ships get in the game I could also see someone do a Borg cube and just leave it out in space for people to discover :p Also federation ships or death stars. It could get so crazy but ofc it will depend on their new/modified engine + just what type of game it is and how much freedom there is with flight/exploration etc. If this game is even 20% as ambitious as Star Citizen is its gonna be incredible.

I can see this be that first legit next gen only game to push everyone to upgrade their GPU/CPUs next year.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
The modding potential for Starfield is gonna be so high. Just imagine all the Star Wars and Trek stuff people could do.

Someone could mod in the entirety of Tatooine with characters and quests.

Depending on how big ships get in the game I could also see someone do a Borg cube and just leave it out in space for people to discover :p Also federation ships or death stars. It could get so crazy but ofc it will depend on their new/modified engine + just what type of game it is and how much freedom there is with flight/exploration etc. If this game is even 20% as ambitious as Star Citizen is its gonna be incredible.

I can see this be that first legit next gen only game to push everyone to upgrade their GPU/CPUs next year.
One thing that we can say for sure now, even before the gameplay reveal: people will still be modding this game ten years from now. :blobevening:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try next for me network?

I hooked up my new modem hoping it would speed things up a bit and I'm only seeing marginal improvement.

When I hooked directly to my modem I was getting 50mbps but now that I am doing modem to router to PC I am getting 16mbps

So is my wifi router the bootleneck?

It's already midnight. Otherwise I would try to hook the new modem directly to my PC and see if I get 50mps or just 15mbp.

but yeah any suggestion would be appreciated.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Ok i was really enjoying Vampyr then i arrived at Chapter 4 and this is now getting annoying as hell. I am doing pacifist run and no matter that i did almost all side investigations i got up to this point enemies are at least 10 levels above me and even more. And on top of that i get those save citizen missions that i need to do before i go to sleep to upgrade because if i don't do them those citizens will die. And when i go to save them you guessed enemies are 10+ level above me so combat with them drags and i need to try to do it multiple times. And of course that you lose that little resources you managed to find roaming around at respawn (if you use them in combat). And on top of that i have feeling that there are more and more enemies on the map and again you guessed they are all 10+ levels above me (non boss enemies are not hard but they are annoying to fight). And of course that game is not designed to avoid combat and every street you pick to traverse will have at lest 3 enemies if not more. So you can't even move fast from one part of the map to other because you need to stop and fight at every corner.

And it's pissing me off because as i said i was really enjoying the game and i liked story and characters but i am no stuck for hours in Chapter 4 because i need to grin enough XP point so upgrade to be able to fight bosses without being annoyed and having like 20min fights.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Looks like I will miss the PC Gaming Show tonight because of a family get-together. Oh well... I'm sure it will be better if I can fast forward through it anyway!

I think the titles being "spoiled" were obviously expected at the show already.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Yoshi and Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.