Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
It's amazing how the discount makes the game cost here what it should have cost had it released on Steam 2 years ago.

Between that and Part 2 being yet fucking again exclusive I'm in no rush, I'll use this money on the upcoming-and-surely-to-be-overpriced-and-have-zero-regional-pricing port of Persona 5.
Well at least we know P5R won't have the base price of 70USD

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, now that I have a small break, let's talk about what has happened in the PC scene in the last week regarding Steam and EGS.

After what we have seen in this non-E3 season there are a few things clear:

first one: A lot of developers and publisher have completely ignored EGS as a platform while they keep pushing Steam as the PC platform. Atlus, S-E (hell, this one even featured Steam Deck in their ad) and a long etc... It's absolutely amazing how many "impossible" games are coming to Steam lately, holy SMOKES.

Second one: Looks like third party exclusivities from Epic are almost done. the biggest ones were precisely contracts pre-covid like Witchfire or Goat Simulator, so it is a good sign that we won't have to watch this as often as in 2019. Covid sure changed a lot of stuff.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Firs this game meaning anything to some of you?

Wow, this looks absolutely amazing. Did some google research. The game was released in 1998 and now a complete version to steam. Very intrigued.

Honestly, buy this game (or any other indies) over FF7R.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Have I gotten worse at platformers or is Rayman Origins actually kind of tough towards the very end? I don’t think I could ever 100% this and even just finishing levels is taking me 40+ deaths across the checkpoints.
It's not that easy.
But that's Rayman for you. Try 100%ing Rayman 1 nowadays without a guide... :cryblob:

• Eyes

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
And yet it's the #1 top seller. I love seeing people treated like trash and flock to the breadcrumbs those who treat them this way throw them from time to time. And then they wonder why they are continually treated the way they are... it's an unsolvable mystery.

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen the "we have to buy this so they bring KH to steam" argument yet.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Looks like third party exclusivities from Epic are almost done. the biggest ones were precisely contracts pre-covid like Witchfire or Goat Simulator, so it is a good sign that we won't have to watch this as often as in 2019. Covid sure changed a lot of stuff.
Isn't this related to the majority of former exclusives underperforming on EGS and Epic starting their own publishing label (with possibly pudding permanent exclusives) rather than Covid?

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
on 1:14. the wall of games show Tiny Tinas Wonderlands...which isnt sold on Steam yet. hm. i wonder if thats one of the sneaky things they do sometimes (like, Mirrors Edge Catalyst showed up in the reveal of the new Library before EA games were back on Steam)...or just a mistake.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Pathfinder Kingmaker. Excess. Everything was excess. At least a game were you could be excused to be excessive and hesitate between worst CRPG ever and best CRPG ever.
230+ hours, finishing line. Not even sure I will be able to continue on normal. Not even sure I will be able to fight the true boss or unlock the true ending.

EXCESS.

I remember a time when Persona 3 looked like a really niche thing with its 100+ hours. And here we are. Help.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Thank God for that extra GMG discount for gold members. Stacked on top of the base discount, it brought the price of FFVIIR down to a level sane enough for me to bite. Was kind of hoping it wouldn't cost more than ~50 or so but I'm not gonna lose sleep over a 10 bucks difference.

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Have I gotten worse at platformers or is Rayman Origins actually kind of tough towards the very end? I don’t think I could ever 100% this and even just finishing levels is taking me 40+ deaths across the checkpoints.
I do remember Origins being frustrating at times. Legends was better balanced I think.

• Eyes

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
I wonder if FF7R is going to do FFXV numbers, that game also came out like 2 years after the fact. FFXV was a good port though

• Eyes

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So for those asking about performance on FFVIIR.

So as a base point, I am running a Ryzen 5 3600 (not the X version), 36GB of Ram and a GTX1070. Windows 11.

Played the first hour, so up to the end of the Mako Reactor section, so not hit any of the really open sections.

First problem, and in this day and age a major bugbear for me, you can't access the options for the game from the main menu. In fact you have to wait to get access to the in game menu before you can access them. The options themself could be described as functional if I was feeling generous. It still has the issue where the main icons are always the PS icons and then the keyboard/controller prompt is underneath it.

The game looks great and seems to maintain a solid framerate on my system. Generally I wasn't expecting much out of my system specs but it looks and plays well. HOWEVER this is all ruined by the hitching. For me it started during the opening cutscene and I will say this is where it is the most notable so far. I am guessing this was the caching issue. However after a little while this seemed to ease off. Now I haven't reached some of the more open areas where I believe the problem is more prevailant.

Outside of the hitching I would say that it is a barebones but functional port. For what I actually paid (I had some steam bucks left over that meant I was only paying around £25) I will tolerate it. For the current pricing with the discount I would say it's too expensive. And for the actuall asking price once the discount drops off then all I can say is S-E can fuck right off.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
HOWEVER this is all ruined by the hitching.
Seems like the hitching can be improved by forcing the game to run in dx11 instead of dx12, by using the param -d3d11 in the launch options in the game's steam properties. Graphically you lose the possibility of using HDR (if you have an HDR screen), but other than that there seems to be no differences other than better performance?

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Seems like the hitching can be improved by forcing the game to run in dx11 instead of dx12, by using the param -d3d11 in the launch options in the game's steam properties. Graphically you lose the possibility of using HDR (if you have an HDR screen), but other than that there seems to be no differences other than better performance?

Cheers. I knew there was a way to play in DX11 but foolishly expected it to be a menu option. Will give this a try later.
Got to say Useless is being generous there.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Set in early 20th Century Warsaw, the game begins in a place and time where reality, folklore, energy, and mysticism meet under imperial Russian tsardom.

“Our game is a deep, morally ambiguous narrative-driven RPG,” said Jakub Rokosz, CEO and project lead at Fool’s Theory.
“But let me unveil a bit of the real essence: the game is about the esoteric side of reality, that dark part of the world that most of us don't see and are not aware of. But the darkness - it is there, lurking behind every corner. It watches us closely from the shadows, and whether we know it or not, takes its toll, making sure we’re going to have a debt to pay.

Described as the publisher's "biggest game to date," codename Project Vitriol is on a "scale and scope" not previously undertaken before, said 11 bit Studios

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
And yet it's the #1 top seller. I love seeing people treated like trash and flock to the breadcrumbs those who treat them this way throw them from time to time. And then they wonder why they are continually treated the way they are... it's an unsolvable mystery.

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen the "we have to buy this so they bring KH to steam" argument yet.
There were always going to be some people buying it and the $ price at least isn't completely insane like € and other regional prices so I'm not surprised.
Question is how long it's gonna stay at the top and I'm curious if it makes it on the weekly top seller list.
But also the CCU numbers are horrendous.

Although the real peak is probably gonna be on Sunday since it's a lot to download.

But to put the current numbers in perspective anyway:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
There were always going to be some people buying it and the $ price at least isn't completely insane like € and other regional prices so I'm not surprised.
Question is how long it's gonna stay at the top and I'm curious if it makes it on the weekly top seller list.
But also the CCU numbers are horrendous.

Although the real peak is probably gonna be on Sunday since it's a lot to download.

But the put the current numbers in perspective anyway:
holy shit, getting beat by an atelier game is just wow (and no offense intended to that franchise)

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
holy shit, getting beat by an atelier game is just wow (and no offense intended to that franchise)
The peak concurrent numbers are likely gonna reach higher than Ryza 2, since not only FF7R is a large download, it also released at an unusual time of the day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't reach 10k, after all the exclusivity deals and the ridiculous price.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The peak concurrent numbers are likely gonna reach higher than Ryza 2, since not only FF7R is a large download, it also released at an unusual time of the day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't reach 10k, after all the exclusivity deals and the ridiculous price.
Already crazy that it surely won't beat a Tales game, honestly.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Status
Not open for further replies.