Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
So it wound up being 7 months. Roughly same as the PS5 version was before EGS release.

But somehow Kindgom Hearts games are going on 15 months now so wtf Square is all over the place.
Let's see what happens with NEO: The world ends with you...

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Since Square took the time to make sure that FF7R will work on Deck I wonder if the port overall will be better compared to what's currently on EGS.
I played through a large part of FF7R under Proton when it was released. Game worked fine on day one. I had very little stuttering issues compared to Windows. So could very well be just the same version.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Might be tempted to grab FFVIIR tomorrow... And yeah, makes the KH situation even weirder.

Also, I can't believe Capcom didn't have anything to show for Dragon's Dogma II lmao. I feel like Itsuno's been teasing it for a few years now and it's still only getting a "Now in development" kinda deal. I imagine it's at least a few years off then. Gives me plenty of time to get around to playing the first one lol.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
It's good to see more and more Japanese games in Japanese conferences/trailers/hype stuff openly talk about Steam, and now even the Steam Deck.
Tells a lot about the changing landscape, and not only in the West.

Also I think Valve really need to get their shit together with the Deck, there's probably a much, much bigger market ready to jump on it than we think...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
FF7 Remake will launch at 29% off so ~$50 plus whatever godafwul regional pricing SE does.
Do you guys think GMG or someone else will be able to do better? Somewhere in the 40-45$ would be chefs kisses.

Also I think Valve really need to get their shit together with the Deck, there's probably a much, much bigger market ready to jump on it than we think...
Component shortage must still be a problem for them. But yea they need to do everything in their power to put this device on store shelves around the world this upcoming year. Its a really fucking good gaming machine. Maybe they can partner with some big company to make it happen faster.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Very curious what the steamy FF7R price will be on cdkeys for example.
Yeah, same. I already played the base version on PS4 but I've never played Intergrade. Will probably wait for a sale. I need to save for Soul Hackers 2 and Plague Tale.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Has anyone else been having weird issues with the Hatsune Miku game? Most of the time it'll be fine but every now and then I'll get these weird issues where it'll launch but immediately close, or it'll launch on the wrong monitor for seemingly no reason (and the settings will be inverted so it'll be on monitor 2 but set to 1 and if I want it to go to monitor 1 I have to set it to 2) and sometimes it'll just hang on a black screen for like an entire minute before doing anything. Nothing more than a mild annoyance really but it's just weird enough to make me wonder wtf is going on.

• Eyes

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yay, can’t sleep due to how muggy it is. Can’t put the fan on to cool me down as that tends to keep me awake as well. So it’s 2am and I am wide awake.

having caught up with the FF news I may actually bite on the steam version. The launch discount is close enough to what I think it should have released at in the first place.

I still have misgivings about crisis core. Mainly as it does appear to be getting a story tweak to suit remake rather than just be, well, a remake. This will be a shame, not so much because it was a great game (good game is about as far as i would take it), but because I can’t see it having the same ending. Maybe they will include the original version in there as well.

I will say though the S-E anniversary show was completely overshadowed by the Dragons Dogma II announcement.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Will this be the first time that we have had a major Steam Deck announcement?

By which I mean a AAA Japanese game dev making an announcement that yes it is Steam Deck supported. I think that SIE has mentioned that there stuff is Steam Deck supported on Twitter before.

As I have mentioned before there is interest in Japan for the Steam Deck but I'd imagine that a lot more work would have to go into it.

As with the Valve Index they likely want to be able to sell it in physical stores since it would be a lot easier for people to purchase it that way (remember the whole payment methods and stuff that are used in Japan).

But compared to the index I would imagine that they want to make it more special and have an event for it. Will we see Gabe in Akihabara selling the Steam Deck for launch day?

There is interest in Japan for a number of reasons such as being able to play games that are not available on Switch or PS that are on Steam, but you also have stuff like how a gaming PC is just too big to keep in an apartment in Japan. Some people just have very small homes and well a PC gaming set up can take up quite a bit of space. The deck doesn't take up a lot of space so these would be popular for people with this issue.

By the way when they are close to releasing it in Japan they will likely do a media thing and invite Famitsu, 4Gamer, IGNJapan and others. And doing hands on previews with them, since there have been a lot of updates compared to when they first showed it off to Linus and other media outlets at Valves office.

By the way here is something about the Steam Deck from ex-president of NoA (Reggie) he thinks that the Steam Deck is cool but the biggest issue he sees with it, is the price point and well looking at traditional handhelds they typically cost from $100-$250USD but the Steam Deck starts at $400. Even the Switch was $300 at launch and the Dock is sold for like $50-70 so the Switch itself was always sold for around $200USD. So the Steam Deck is a hard sell to the grand masses, I'm guessing that unless they knew that they had the software down and that it would be a smash hit and selling tens of millions of units that Valve would be even more aggressive with the price of the Steam Deck. Maybe they will be more aggressive with V2 but for right now V1 has been well received.

The future is looking pretty bright with the Steam Deck and a much larger world release might happen in the coming months?

pS it spoke

Valve replying to people on Twitter? What madness is this?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
By the way here is something about the Steam Deck from ex-president of NoA (Reggie) he thinks that the Steam Deck is cool but the biggest issue he sees with it, is the price point and well looking at traditional handhelds they typically cost from $100-$250USD but the Steam Deck starts at $400. Even the Switch was $300 at launch and the Dock is sold for like $50-70 so the Switch itself was always sold for around $200USD. So the Steam Deck is a hard sell to the grand masses, I'm guessing that unless they knew that they had the software down and that it would be a smash hit and selling tens of millions of units that Valve would be even more aggressive with the price of the Steam Deck. Maybe they will be more aggressive with V2 but for right now V1 has been well received.
400USD is pretty much the hardware cost of the Steam Deck, and I think it's priced perfectly for what Valve intended. They weren't targeting a massive audience with this, only people already heavily invested into Steam. And 400$ isn't a huge proposition, that's what a major upgrade of a PC component would generally cost to a PC audience.

I feel that asking someone like Reggie about this misses the point. Valve isn't like any console manufacturer. They don't need this thing to sell to continue making business. I don't even think the Deck is really all that important to Valve. I think the only real reason the Deck exists, just as with Index and Alyx, is that Valve wanted to do something new with PC hardware and saw at least a reasonable business opportunity as well to justify large scale production. A Steam Deck to be sold at 300$ would require cutting tons of corners, or for Valve to basically loose millions, if not hundreds of millions selling the device. I don't see Valve being interested in that. They already have a platform that's bringing them billions every year. Why risk all that money if they can keep selling the device at 400$, still make a profit and keep doing interesting things with mobile PC hardware.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I have been busy the past several hours, but coming back to these announcements have been...

Never, ever did I think FF7R was only 6 months exclusive. And Crisis Core which should be nifty since I missed it. I am also really happy for folks for DD2, I still need to get around to DD1, but I know that is a gem for a lot of folks.

Good stuff.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I agree with you. Down here, it's $116 which is roughly what Soul Hackers 2 complete edition costs. :flare_lmao:
Jesus... :suicide-blob:

Over here the "normal" price is 79.99$ but I basically stopped buying games day one when it went up that high. Unless I really want to play the game day one and even then I'll usually only pull the trigger if I can get a discount that takes it down to ~60 bucks or so.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, same. I already played the base version on PS4 but I've never played Intergrade. Will probably wait for a sale. I need to save for Soul Hackers 2 and Plague Tale.
I am in the same boat, I already played FF7R on PS4. The Integrate content can be played standalone, right?

• Eyes

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
tbh this also makes it even more baffling that Kingdom Hearts still isn't on Steam
I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for the next big KH stream where they can drop a bunch of info on the upcoming releases all at once, like they did today with FF.
Or maybe it's just Square being Square.

God, I've been waiting forever for this announcement.
Anyone even slightly interested in DRPGs should check out Labyrinth of Refrain! Good port, cool soundtrack, art and story with decent dungeon crawling.
Definitely one of the best weeb DRPGs on PC.
Atlus please give us EO once you run out of Persona and SMT games to port

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.