Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

In the past year, Ubisoft's operating profit dropped 14%, its net bookings (sales, basically) dropped 5% and its stock has lost half its value.
While Ubisoft is missing a lot of money avoiding Steam, their biggest issue is the lack of any recent hits (AC:Valhalla was two years ago) and constantly chasing the GAAS dragon.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The Clorthax Quest metagame was a bit buggy for me. When I found the games, occasionally it doesn't trigger the next clue, so I have to find it again.

Here's the list of clues and its corresponding games for the lazy.

“six strings” ⇾ “Guitar Billionaire”
“small legal disputes” ⇾ “Custard Castle Small Claims Court”
“Sport is the angle The bait the allure” ⇾ “Bass Ain't Bitin' 2022”
“lucrative theme park’s still dead on arrival” ⇾ “Dead Seagull Zoo Magnate”
“Know-it-all’s monstrous need to correct you” → “Actually… Frankenstein's Monster Edition”.
“Passive adventure prefers that you wait” ⇾ “It's Probably Fine”
“Your role in this realm Is to guide your king” ⇾ “Help The King Get To The Toilet”
“The horror the horror” ⇾ “The Consecration Of Esthme”
“Two princes that paddle with three little spades” ⇾ “Pro Poker Amateur”
“ If your strategy is to let me go” ⇾ “Hold In Your Farts”

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I looked up the fake games from reddit, but they didn't always show up the categories that people listed there. Just buggy I guess.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Well, here's my haul!

The two FF 3D remakes will pretty much complete my FF collection (and they're never on sale so now's my chance). And the rest is just stuff I wanted to play (especially Curse of the Moon 2. The first one was fantastic).

On a totally different note, bonne quasi St-Jean aux 2-3 (il me semble?) québécois sur le site! <3

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

Out now.

Uh for some reason when I redeemed my GMG code for it, it says I now own this as well:

That supposed to be the case?
Read the small prints !

The following contents are available as early-purchase bonuses.
Enjoy additional original content created by some great artists!

Museum Bonus Content

Each will be downloaded to the in-game "Museum".

5 exclusive new illustrations by:
Chisato Mita
Yuri Kataiwa
Ryuji Higurashi
Tamio
SAKUTAMO

18 remixed music tracks by:
CAP-JAMS (8 tracks)
Knxwledge (6 tracks)
Mndsgn (1 track)
KEIZOmachine! (1 track)
Olive Oil (1 track)
Matt Cab (1 track)

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium base game + Three Wonders set

The second Capcom Arcade Stadium title featuring a recreated arcade full of authentic cabinets to play. Coming soon with a new lineup of masterpieces! An additional title, Three Wonders, is also available as part of this set.

Note: Bonus content is available to customers who purchase by 23:59 on Friday 30 September, 2022.

Though it's clear as mud.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
So, how is the Sale game supposed to work?
Are the fake games supposed to show up in the showcase? Cause they don't show up for me...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I nuked 152 games from my wish list. Feels relatively good.
Realized that I'm not getting younger, that I can't play everything, that a lot of games check several of my boxes but I still couldn't be arsed to play them. Oh, and Early Access with a high price and sequels to games I didn't play the former episode.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
I still didn’t played PC version but so disappointed with switch version. Original PC version was greatly spanish dubbed, but Switch one do not : (.
According to steam page enhanced edition has spanish voices. I will give it a try when I get back home this sunday.

At least I still have my GOG scummvm copy.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
i have once again come to write about not-game topics in this mostly-game-focused forum, and now i think i'll write with better punctuation and capital letters so it's easier to understand

I have now gotten all of my grades for this semester, which then are "B, C, C, D", resulting in an average grade of C for this semester (with a so-far collected grade of High-C). It's not the best grade I could get, but not the worst either. Considering the fact that I have attempted to do as little work as possible, ergo minimal effort, a grade of C is very good, considering that minimal effort and work usually gives minimal grade. The fact that I am basically getting grade C for doing absolutely nothing means that I can always get higher if I do something, which then leads me to this:

"I didn't care so my average grade is a High-C" doesn't work at the resume, so I think I'll have to put in a little bit more effort to get some A's going to fix it up and make my average a strong B again. However, as all of us know from animes, hard work doesn't always guarantee good grades, and sometimes, it's the institution itself that sucks ass.
This is the main reason for why it's a high-C, as some of my grades are admittedly given by complete morons (yeah, and I do mean that; our university doesn't hire actual professors who can teach, but rather mostly employs phD students to teach "as a side-gig" while they work on their project, basically people who haven't learnt how to "teach"). So, I'll also actively attempt to write a bad review on this study so people stay far away from it, and instead go to the better place of University of Oslo.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Deep Rock Galactic sold 4 million of copies

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
The easiest way to find these fake games is that you go through all the carousels and search for TH.4X. They can not be found when the game is not visible, so you have to click through the carousel and keep searching until you find the game

or go through all the sub categories and hope that the game is on the first page

Thanks!

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
for me the dead seagulls thing is not appearing no matter how many times i scroll through the darn thing, I have seen the other games 5 times every time I try and still not appearing, this is such a terrible mechanic for an event, at least put a failsafe that shows the game if you scroll 3 times through the list and it didn't appear yet

Last edited:

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Yeah, this event is terrible. It just forces you to browse through the sale to get a badge and some uninteresting profile items. The hints themselves aren't good and I don't even want to think how much time it would take to find those games without using tricks found on the internet ( Thanks Deku ). Huge downgrade compared to past events.

Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

RELEASED!!!

A must if you use Dualsense on PC
i would've gotten it, but i think it doesn't live up to the imaginary wishes i had for it, but i dont know

does it have support to, somehow, have adaptive triggers for when you do something specific in a game, like shooting or driving, instead of just one of the settings? like, automatically change between shooting triggers and driving triggers in a game like Just Cause 3 for example?

if not, i'm just not getting it

• Eyes

OSatan

OFather OSun
Since some weeks back some games display an error with steam cloud everytime I close them, is it known what is happening?
i would've gotten it, but i think it doesn't live up to the imaginary wishes i had for it, but i dont know

does it have support to, somehow, have adaptive triggers for when you do something specific in a game, like shooting or driving, instead of just one of the settings? like, automatically change between shooting triggers and driving triggers in a game like Just Cause 3 for example?

if not, i'm just not getting it
It does have the capability with mods with the workshop, it was the reason it jumped to steam.
You would need to program them or hope the game has the audience to spawn them tho.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Since some weeks back some games display an error with steam cloud everytime I close them, is it known what is happening?

It does have the capability with mods with the workshop, it was the reason it jumped to steam.
You would need to program them or hope the game has the audience to spawn them tho.
i also had something with steam cloud, but it just fixed itself for me

that got me excited first, but then i saw that the workshop has only two submissions, so i'll have to wait before i can do that, programming them seems like a big hassle honestly

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.