Community MetaSteam | June 2023 - halfway through the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Street Fighter™ 6

Powered by Capcom’s proprietary RE ENGINE, the Street Fighter 6 experience spans across three distinct game modes featuring World Tour, Fighting Ground and Battle Hub.

Diverse Roster of 18 Fighters
Play legendary masters and new fan favorites like Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, Jamie, Kimberly and more in this latest edition with each character featuring striking new redesigns and exhilarating cinematic specials.

Street Fighter 6 offers a highly evolved combat system with three control types - Classic, Modern and Dynamic - allowing you to quickly play to your skill level.
The new Real Time Commentary Feature adds all the hype of a competitive match as well as easy-to-understand explanations about your gameplay.
The Drive Gauge is a new system to manage your resources. Use it wisely in order to claim victory.

We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie

The King of the Cosmos once accidentally destroyed all the stars in the universe. He sent his son, the Prince, to Earth and ordered him to create a large katamari.
The Prince rolled the katamari and made the katamari bigger and bigger, rolling up all the things on the earth. The katamari that he created floated in space, sparkling, and brought back the lost starry sky.
As the starry sky was restored, the King's fans gradually grew in number all over the world. The King wanted to respond to the wishes of his fans for his success, and the Prince kept rolling the katamari to make everyone's dreams come true.

-We Love Katamari Damacy has been powered up!
-We Love Katamari Damacy, the second title in the Katamari series released in 2005, has been remastered.
-The graphics have been completely redesigned, and the in-game UI has been revamped to make it even easier to play.

Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer

Why? Because the Psyko Sindikate are freakin sick evil turds and are using the Hackblood (yes... they are stealing our powers... idiots) to bring evil enemies to life & take over the world and enslaven humanity.

WE. ARE. X SLAYERS.
We study the secrets of the Hackblood and it pulses through our veins.
We lie in wait, biting our time for the right moment to strike the Psykos.... while blasting original music by Seepage & Psyko Syndicate

Super Mega Baseball™ 4

Grab your glove and your bat. It’s time to go yard with the best to ever play the game because Super Mega Baseball 4 is here, and it’s where the Legends play.

More than 200 larger-than-life versions of fan-favorite former pros like Vladimir Guerrero, Johnny Damon, Ozzie Smith, and Jason Giambi are ready to step onto the field and join the roster of beloved Super Mega League All-Stars.

Hit, pitch, throw, and slide into home plate with the series’ signature combination of arcade-inspired style and immersive gameplay depth. Baseball becomes bigger and better than ever in Super Mega Baseball 4 with new features, familiar modes like Franchise and Pennant Race†, and more. Plus, the latest title receives the series’ most Mega presentation upgrade yet with eye-popping new visuals for everything from animations to characters to stadiums, as well as crystal-clear audio upgrades from the dugout to the bleachers. Based on community feedback,

Super Mega Baseball 4 is introducing an entire lineup of new and fan-requested features that add fresh layers of depth, including an expanded trait system with Team Chemistry, Shuffle Draft, and 6 all-new stadiums. To create an even larger and more connected player base, cross-platform multiplayer has been expanded to include cross-generation matchmaking in Pennant Race† and Online Leagues, so players can hit dingers with friends online across even more game systems.

Loop8: Summer of Gods

Your choices shape the world in this coming-of-age RPG set in 1980s rural Japan.

Step into the life of Nini, a newly earthbound teen who arrives in the quaint Japanese town of Ashihara in August 1983. Explore the town, befriend its people, and face off against the Kegai in turn-based battles where the outcomes depend on the relationships you’ve built and the decisions you’ve made. Use Nini’s special connection to the gods to reset the world, with each loop allowing Nini and his allies to relive the 8th month over and over until they get it right...or the Kegai overcome them entirely.

With one month until the world ends, how will you spend each day?

Bleak Sword DX

Pure, thrilling, and wonderfully cruel, Bleak Sword DX is a dark fantasy action game challenging warriors to fight their way through compact, cursed diorama battlefields.

Newly updated for PC, Bleak Sword DX expands on the critically acclaimed Apple Arcade version with elegant controls, three new game modes, and multiple gameplay and graphical improvements.

Through twelve tense and deeply atmospheric chapters, you must lift the curse of the legendary Bleak Sword by striking down all manner of horrifying creatures across an oppressive world wielding fierce weaponry and powerful magic.

This striking experience is scored by award-winning composer Jim Guthrie, with sound provided by famed designer Joonas Turner.

Dordogne

Immerse yourself in a unique narrative experience, embarking on a vibrant journey that will awaken your senses and evoke warm memories.

Play as Mimi, exploring the precious recollections of your childhood and the times shared with your late grandmother. As past meets present, confront your adult choices with fond childhood memories to uncover lost family secrets.

Explore Dordogne landscapes of a thousand summer colors, within sumptuous hand-painted watercolor environments. During your adventure, recall the moments, the panoramas, the scents, the sounds, and the sensations. Recount these vivid memories in your journal as a recollection of Mimi’s family past that’s unique to your experience and a nostalgic, touching reflection of your journey.

Layers of Fear

The canvas awaits its final brushstrokes. The stage calls for its lead actor. The novel needs its final chapter. It’s time to face your fears. One. Last. Time.

The series, which has left a mark on narrative-driven first-person psychological horror games, returns to tell its final spine-chilling story in Layers of Fear.. The series’ crowning work is the definitive way to experience the critically acclaimed franchise as it features Layers of Fear and Layers of Fear 2, as well as all DLCs (including the new ‘The Final Note’ DLC that will give you a new perspective on the Layers of Fear storyline) and the never-before-told story of The Writer, which will tie everything together. Built on Unreal Engine 5, Layers of Fear supports Ray Tracing, HDR and 4K resolution to make the stunning visuals, and your nightmarish experience, as immersive and realistic as possible.

Park Beyond

In Park Beyond, you are the creative force behind a series of amusement parks, a Visioneer, a combination of a creator, a manager, and a designer. In your role as Visioneer, every aspect of creating, managing, and designing successful amusement parks will be under your control.

As creative lead of the park, you can let your imagination off the leash! Build wild loops and hoops for a coaster like no other to attract thrill-seeking teens, research exciting flat rides to appeal to adults, or pop down cheery, adorable flat rides for families. But, you can also take things to the next level with unbelievable modules that add unique pizazz to your park.

Going even further, you can adapt the entire world to your imagination by using terraforming tools to raise mighty mountains for your coasters to summit or whip up custom ride scenery using the modular building system that can be grouped, saved, and duplicated for quick and easy creativity!

Fall of Porcupine

New jobs can be tense – especially when you’re about to become a doctor! Join Finley on an original narrative adventure as you take your first steps in a new and exciting world. Together, experience the “Last Days of Summer” before a change of seasons stirs up the sleepy town of Porcupine.

Not only is there a lot to discover in the old hospital, but also in the small town of Porcupine itself. Take the time to meet the villagers and have a beer with them in the local pub, or take a trip to the nearby forest, where mysterious castle ruins are hidden

The blunt head doctor, the selfless nurse, Finley's smart friends, and many other residents populate the small town of Porcupine. Engage in funny, profound, and sometimes serious dialogues, in which you'll be able to choose your answers and influence your relationships.

Aliens: Dark Descent

In Aliens: Dark Descent, command a squad of hardened Colonial Marines to stop a terrifying Xenomorph outbreak on Planet Lethe. Lead your soldiers in real-time combat against iconic Xenomorphs, rogue operatives from the insatiable Weyland-Yutani Corporation, and a host of horrifying creatures new to the Alien franchise.

Infiltrate large open levels and annihilate enemies with your squad, dispatching orders strategically and intuitively at the touch of a button. Tread carefully, as your foes will adapt their tactics to your actions while hunting you down because death is permanent. Forge unique paths for survival, uncovering shortcuts, creating safe zones, and setting up motion trackers in a persistent world where your actions impact levels forever.

Customize your squad with a selection of different classes. Level up and specialize your soldiers with unique abilities and an arsenal of weapons, armor, and perks, for high stakes missions in treacherous territory. Develop your base to research new tech and improve your squad even further.

Manage your resources wisely and take calculated risks to outsmart the deadliest creature mankind has ever faced. Can you and your squad stop the outbreak before it’s too late?

Trepang2

BE THE ULTIMATE BADASS

You play as an escaped soldier, who has no memories of their past life, but is infused with supernatural abilities. Revenge is on your mind, and you’ll stop at nothing to get what you want. Deliver devastating punches, sneak around in the shadows, wield explosive weapons, and give the bad guys a taste of their own medicine.

A mysterious group breaks you out from a heavily guarded blacksite. Your memories are gone but your combat abilities are enhanced far beyond human limits. Fight back, find the truth and face a threat even deadlier than yourself.

STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life

Put down roots on your new farm in the peaceful town of Forgotten Valley. Forge precious memories as you weave your own generation-spanning tale of friendship, family, and farming. Bring life to the land by cultivating crops and raising animals, find love among the town's friendly folk, and make lasting memories with a family of your very own in this reimagining of a beloved farming classic.

Live a carefree life on the farm growing an abundance of crops and nurturing the land to improve your yield. Raise cute animals that reward your affection with handy produce that is perfect for recipes, as gifts or sold for a profit at your very own market stall. Discover new animals, create hybrid crops and build upgradeable facilities to help you on your way to a dream life in Forgotten Valley.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Solve your own murder in this quirky, puzzle-packed mystery classic, now in HD!

BANG! A single bullet rings out in the dark city. But as one life ends, the story is just getting started... Sissel wakes up as a ghost and realises he has lost his memory along with his life. “Who am I? Who killed me? And why?” With only a few hours until sunrise — and oblivion — to uncover these answers, Sissel must solve the mystery of his own murder, starting with the detective who may have witnessed the crime... Using the powers of the dead, you can possess and manipulate objects and even rewind time as you work to solve brainteasing puzzles in a story chock-full of quirky humour and charming characters.

This long-awaited HD remaster of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, the classic mystery puzzle game directed by Shu Takumi, creator of the Ace Attorney series, features upgraded visuals and sound. Enjoy new music arrangements by celebrated Great Ace Attorney composer Yasumasa Kitagawa which are fully synchronized with the original music so you can switch between them at any time during gameplay. There's also a new gallery of artwork and music. This is no trick: it’s the ultimate version of this puzzle-solving mystery adventure classic!

Amnesia: The Bunker

Left all alone in a desolate WW1 bunker with only one bullet remaining in the barrel, it’s up to you to face the oppressing terrors in the dark. Keep the lights on at all costs, persevere, and make your way out alive. A truly intense horror experience.

Immerse yourself in the multiple ways of tackling survival. In the shoes of the French soldier Henri Clément, you are armed with a revolver gun, a noisy dynamo flashlight, and other scarce supplies to scavenge and craft along the way. With randomization and unpredictable behavior, no play-through is the same.

Hunted by an ever-present threat reacting to your every move and sound, you must adapt your play-style to face hell. Every decision will change the outcome of how the game responds. Actions bear consequences.

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
It's june!.
Thanks for the new thread Mor
-ordered Street Fighter 6.

Want:
Loop8: Summer of Gods
Aliens: Dark Descent

I'm interested on Diablo but I would like Steam release (something wont happen by now)

and I want to play Switch's Master Detective Archives: Rain Code, it's my most anticipated game month.

Same! And it's not like I'm a pure virgin either... Was it torrents based? Because I don't torrent much.
Yes is where group releasers like NTb, PIGNUS, FGT, BORDURE, ROVERS, etc... shared their releases as first source other than usenet newz groups.
But the greatest thing it was very well organized it was good site to visit even without downloading anything just to know what show, BD, music, etc.. was released because it was there just few minutes after being on sale, stream, etc... There were many versions for everyrelease (codecs -audio and videos-, rips, resolutions, etc... to choose as you like). Was the best site to track multimedia. -torrents and magnets- with all those streaming platforms, discs etc... is pretty hard to track.
Many people are posting alternatives on other forums but many of those alternative are just database torrent/magnets sites which nodes are rarbg tracker. So with the main node down they're nearly useless. As somebody said me when those groups decide where they share their releases is where people will go, so time to wait.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
i hate summer it's too hot. but thanks for the new thread. Also here is some game codes from last Humble Choice.

Must have more than 300 posts to see:
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters
Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

Windjammers 2
Hidden content

Builder Simulator
Hidden content
The Invisible Hand
Hidden content

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Ugh June. We have such a bad issue with ants here so summer is hellish. Almost had to evacuate because of a forest fire last year too so not looking forward to this year.

i hate summer it's too hot. but thanks for the new thread. Also here is some game codes from last Humble Choice.

Must have more than 250 posts to see:
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters
[Hidden content]

Windjammers 2
[Hidden content]

Builder Simulator
[Hidden content]

The Invisible Hand
[Hidden content]
I took Windjammers thank you!

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
That's a lot of games this month. And a lot last month too.
Plus tons of announcements soon... this year is strangely busy eh? That feels weird after some really slow years since COVID hit.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Seems like 300 actually.
Apologies, i tried to overwrite it in the bbcode to 250 but it seems to ignore that... >_<

I only hide them to low post-counters cuz i got tired of juniors who exist solely to vacuum up free games. I want this community to be more than that, so I hide them in an effort to make sure only active contributors can see them. It's a catch 22, I know not all of our juniors are like that, but what can ya do...

Edit: If you PM me which of the remaining two you'd like I'm happy to provide assuming they don't get nabbed between now and then. :3

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Nice thread, Mor! Thanks!

Interested in Loop8 and Etrian Odyssey. Going to wait for sale though because of Zelda (and this journey in Hyrule can probably last me for two months more).

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Awesome thread as always Mor .

June came to quick, cna we go back to May for another week?

Reactions: KainXVIII

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Happy "I cant believe half year is over" Month

Currently busy with houseshift. Once settled I'll be able to fully enjoy my new monitor.

Reactions: QFNS and KainXVIII

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I went and saw Shin Kamen Rider in theaters.

My only prior experience to Kamen Rider is some YouTube videos that I have watched talking about the series and me having just watched the first 10 episodes of the OG series this past week in order to know more about Shin Kamen Rider.

After watching the movie, it did make me think more about how live action movies from Japan don't really do well in the US. So if you had a live action movie from Japan and released it and select theaters it will make some money but not a lot, now release an anime movie in the US and that alone will generate more interest and make more money. In other words that Japanese live action movie may be a 1 day only thing with only 1 showing and it's subbed only. Meanwhile that anime movie may likely be airing more than 1 day with multiple showings and also the option of watching it dubbed or subbed.

There were parts of the movie that I liked and others that I didn't like, watching the OG series did make me appreciate the movie more. Overall I liked it and there were goofy fun stuff (the action sequence were out there but were also rather time to what some other people are doing out there) while also having more serious moments and stuff

Overall I give it a 7/10.

I have not watched Shin Ultraman (I am not familiar with Ultraman, other than Ben10 took some inspiration from it) but I have watched Shin Godzilla and that was a cool movie.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Maybe all thise performance issues don't have any relation to WFH but boy did that dev picked wrong time to reply to that tweet XD
"Senior Writer"

Ah, so I'm guessing performance issues don't mean squat to him them. So long as the story was liked by people.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for the thread Mor!

It's been bothering me for a while now, but wishlisting via the browser on the phone app hasn't been working for me for a while now, does anyone have any ideas?
I click on the "Wishlist on Steam" button, it then opens the app but only gives a JSON response saying {"success": false, "wishlistCount": 0} as if I'm not properly logged in.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Due to the way I will need to setup my well, setup, I will need a wireless headset. Are there any decent ones? I saw a Steelseries Nova Pro but it’s almost 350 fucking dollars here.

edit: that are not hyperx, I’ve had three of those and all have died within a year. I also had a Logitech700 something but I didnt like how it sounds plus it’s uncomfortable af

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Due to the way I will need to setup my well, setup, I will need a wireless headset. Are there any decent ones? I saw a Steelseries Nova Pro but it’s almost 350 fucking dollars here.

edit: that are not hyperx, I’ve had three of those and all have died within a year. I also had a Logitech700 something but I didnt like how it sounds plus it’s uncomfortable af
Well, my steelseries arctis 7 that I bought from 2018 still works with no issues, connection or battery wise. I have replaced the earpads once though. Admittedly the sound is not that great for the price really, but for the wireless and comfort convenience, I'd say it's worth the $160 I spent almost 5 years ago.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I have Arctis 1 Wireless and I sometimes have issues with connection. Every few weeks my right cup stops working but when I reset headset and do pairing process again with the USB cable it works again without issues. And that is just after 2 years from purchase. So I kinda can't recommend Steel Series.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Thanks for the new thread Mor. Lots of interesting indies this month, especially Dordogne looks awesome!

This month will also be very important to me because I'll be signing a contract for a new job after working more than 20 years for my current employer. I currently have two job offers that I like: the fist one is as .NET developer in a company that creates software for hospitals. I'll have to study A LOT in preparation for this job (advanced C#, javascript, HTML, CSS, React, JSX, noSQL etc) and 2 times a week I'll be on the road for 2 hours. But I get a nice (electric) company car and the possibility to grow as team leader. The other job is for a big HR company and is more relax: database maintenance + design, analysis for new features, user management, creating advanced reports etc. No car here, but the company is merely 3km from home, the teamleader is awesome and I already know a few people who work there. Decisions decisions... but I'm looking forward to it. :)

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
toxicitizen
Damn, layoffs at Firaxis. This coinciding with Midnight Suns winding down (and with Jake Solomon having left already), I'm just going to assume that this is them fully disbanding the XCOM team. Hope for a third installment is probably completely dead. :crying-face:
That's why Marvel, Disney, FRANCHISES, etc. are a menace in Gaming. Either most budget goes to licensing and the end-product is shit, or the suits overvalue the specific brand power or appeal of yet another Marvel/FRANCHISE game.

The result are tears, broken devs and closed studios.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Thanks for the thread Mor!

It's been bothering me for a while now, but wishlisting via the browser on the phone app hasn't been working for me for a while now, does anyone have any ideas?
I click on the "Wishlist on Steam" button, it then opens the app but only gives a JSON response saying {"success": false, "wishlistCount": 0} as if I'm not properly logged in.
I've been getting this error too on the phone app!

The workaround I've found is to click on the game icon itself instead of the "Add To Wishlist" button. This takes you directly to the Steam page in the app, then you just scroll down and wishlist. Annoying, but it's two additional seconds.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Aw yiss, Katamari, i hope for a good (regional) price :Kain_weendance:
PS - :banmorblob: for no retro challenge :disappointed-face:

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've been getting this error too on the phone app!

The workaround I've found is to click on the game icon itself instead of the "Add To Wishlist" button. This takes you directly to the Steam page in the app, then you just scroll down and wishlist. Annoying, but it's two additional seconds.
That works, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.