Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I had postponed looking at games with similar Steam banners. I'm checking the results now for the top 100 most played games in the past two weeks.

Here is a funny (intended) match:

Another one with similar composition:

The banner of DoD is matched to both Tannenberg and Handball 16:

No way that the first one was not intentional.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, looks like the, previously, PS4 exclusive game called CryStar from FuRyu is coming to Steam in the near future, it's a JRPG.
(hopefully Work x Work will come to PC too :3)

Here you have a trailer:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I shall do the logical and sensible act of grabbing the game without seeing any media of it, risking ahving to go through a jRPG with good ideas and concepts that fail to live to its potentiel.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
New monthly is 3 for 3 for me so far~

I paid for a yearly sub so $132, and have redeemed 15 games from it thus far, it's already making up for the investment :3
Post automatically merged:

In all seriousness though, Mutant Year Zero should not have gone into the Humble Monthly so soon. It released some 2-3 months ago, such a move should be done at best a year from release.
If 6 months after release it discounts for 50% then a year at best it could go for as low as it wants. That's my crazy economics though, but it is much better than to offer it cheap so quickly, unless IGN paid them bucketloads or something :V

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Well, looks like the, previously, PS4 exclusive game called CryStar from FuRyu is coming to Steam in the near future, it's a JRPG.
(hopefully Work x Work will come to PC too :3)

Here you have a trailer:
Excited for this. Always in the mood for more JRPG's, especially the not-so-mainstream ones.
Post automatically merged:

People with Nvidia cards may want to consider updating their drivers:
Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display Driver - February 2019 | NVIDIA
Whoa, thanks for the heads up. Really don't like updating my drivers unless there is a game-ready reason but... When it comes to security, not gonna slack!

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
wait ... what? HOW?!
My guess is the position of the horizontal lines on the image:

If you look at the Oddworld match, it seems the medallion at the top left is the reason behind the match:

It seems to be very sensitive to the position of the title and the characters in the images, so it could do it also with weird symbols.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Which file in particular must I download? I'll update to the 22nd of Feb. drivers, but what then?
My understanding is it's just updating to the most up to date drivers be it from the nvidia program on the desktop or from the nvidia website just as long as they're very out of date.
Specifics beyond that I am not sure, If you mean for that webpage that's a like support forum page so it's very specific one I'd go the standard driver download route

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
My understanding is it's just updating to the most up to date drivers be it from the nvidia program on the desktop or from the nvidia website just as long as they're very out of date.
Specifics beyond that I am not sure, If you mean for that webpage that's a like support forum page so it's very specific one I'd go the standard driver download route
Hmm alright thanks for clearing it up. I'll aim to update soon.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Playing Dragon Quest XI in the past few days and really liking it. Only thing annoying so far is the jump animation. Always the same. Not changing the jump leg. As someone who likes to goof around with chaining jumps in third person games very annoying. :weary-face:

And since I'm playing it with the Steam Controller it launches in Big Picture. Don't think I can turn it off and still have my bindings, right? Because I would like to see the FPS counter even if I don't have any dips and it is not a game that requires a high framerate.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Which file in particular must I download? I'll update to the 22nd of Feb. drivers, but what then?
Big yikes here, actually. Ever since updating the driver, background Nvidia tasks are muching away at CPU.

Big angry thread about it here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1058078/geforce-drivers/nvidia-container-nvcontainer-exe-high-cpu-usage

Seems a fix won't be available until next week. o_O This is why I never update my drivers to (Current Version), but at the same time, don't wanna screw around with the security flaws. Gosh dangit. >_<

Reactions: lashman and Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I always hated upgrading Nvidia drivers. I know it's necessary, but more often than not, it causes regression in some game's performance. Secondly, I have a lot of NV inspector profiles with custom SLI bits, SGSSAA etc. Last time I upgrade my drivers, I was half asleep and the upgrade process overwrote most of these and I lost a lot of my custom profiles! (I know it's my fault, and I'm just ranting right now)

Anyway, I'm still on 411.70. I'll have to backup my NV Inspector profiles first and hopefully, I can restore it back with no issues.

Big yikes here, actually. Ever since updating the driver, background Nvidia tasks are muching away at CPU.
... And now there's a reason for not updating. Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to implore everyone to stop installing Geforce Experience. Unless you absolutely need Shadowplay, there is no good reason to choose GE over NV Inspector.

Last edited:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I always hated upgrading Nvidia drivers. I know it's necessary, but more often than not, it causes regression in some game's performance. Secondly, I have a lot of NV inspector profiles with custom SLI bits, SGSSAA etc. Last time I upgrade my drivers, I was half asleep and the upgrade process overwrote most of these and I lost a lot of my custom profiles! (I know it's my fault, and I'm just ranting right now)

Anyway, I'm still on 411.70. I'll have to backup my NV Inspector profiles first and hopefully, I can restore it back with no issues.

... And now there's a reason for not updating. Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to implore everyone to stop installing Geforce Experience. Unless you absolutely need Shadowplay, there is no good reason to choose GE over NV Inspector.

I'm on 419.17, updated every driver update through GFE "express installation" since it's launch, not had any of them problems :/

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Geforce Experience is little more than bloatware imo. Inspector is crude by modern standards, but does everything I need it to regardless.
=======

Uh, anyway, played some DOA6. It's fun. PC Port actually seems good? Playing 4K and everything cranked as high as it will go and my frame-times are good and 60FPS is maintained.

One oddity seems to be that even if I select full-screen mode, it stays in borderless mode regardless?

Aside from that, I'm super rusty! Gotta practice. I'm glad Christie made it into the roster! Definitely still my favorite. :love:
=======

Site-feedback: (Unless we have a dedicated thread for this somewhere?) The new emoji drop-down absolutely murders the Winter Demons set, and cuts various other emotes in-half or worse.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Site-feedback: (Unless we have a dedicated thread for this somewhere?) The new emoji drop-down absolutely murders the Winter Demons set, and cuts various other emotes in-half or worse.
yeah, i know ... unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about that ... guess they haven't really though anyone would use "emotes" that are bigger than the standard ones

but there is an upside to it - if you even vaguely remember the names of them, you can now just type them in discord-style

:wd_dealwithit:

(oh, and i'm sure there will be a dedicated thread soon :p)

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
What makes this a “touhou” game? I thought they are all bullet hell.
Touhou Project is the name for the series of bullet-hell games that were developed by a Japanese guy named ZUN. They're a kind of dōjin game, which is to say a "hobbyist" game. But the games themselves became so popular that they spawned dōjin games of the original dōjin games. So there are fan/hobbyist games with the Touhou characters encompassing every genre including action, TCG, puzzlers, fighters, platformers, rhythm, RPGs, and VNs.

The main character in that game you quoted is Sakuya Izayo, which is a very popular character from the original Touhou Projet games.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So is there a stance on the THQN issue in this forum?
don't think it's any different from the majority of people - on an individual level

unless you're asking if talking about their games will be banned or something then no ... not unless we all hold a vote etc. etc. - you know the procedure

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
don't think it's any different from the majority of people - on an individual level

unless you're asking if talking about their games will be banned or something then no ... not unless we all hold a vote etc. etc. - you know the procedure
On my end, I won't be featuring any of their titles in the Highlight thread. Chances are I'd forget due to the big number of titles I put in, but until THQN deals with the parties involved, they got no place on there.
I've already ignored their content on Steam too.

THQN are doing good stuff gaming wise, but this recent news sours them (for lack of a better term).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
On my end, I won't be featuring any of their titles in the Highlight thread.
... and that's absolutely fine :) you have every right to do it (or not do it, i guess, lol :p)

👍

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

Big angry thread about it here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1058078/geforce-drivers/nvidia-container-nvcontainer-exe-high-cpu-usage

Seems a fix won't be available until next week. o_O This is why I never update my drivers to (Current Version), but at the same time, don't wanna screw around with the security flaws. Gosh dangit. >_<
I have the newest drivers and haven't noticed anything abnormal when it comes to cpu usage (I do have ansel forced to be off, this is just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if the cpu load problems were related to ansel running in the background),

Status
Not open for further replies.