Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

DEAD OR ALIVE 6

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 is fast-paced 3D fighting game, produced by Koei Tecmo Games, featuring stunning graphics and multi-tiered stages that create a truly entertaining competitive experience.​

ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove!

ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove! is a mash-up of the very best features of the classic console games with a ton of funky fresh improvements!​

Gekido Kintaro's Revenge

A year has passed since the epic battle that decided the fate of mankind and claimed the life of the beloved Angela. Dark omens once again tell of the return of an evil presence. Ushi is the last remaining master of the ancient art of Shin-Ken, and he calls upon Tetsuo, his disciple and adopted son, to investigate some strange happenings in a faraway farming village outside the city.​

The Occupation

The Occupation is a fixed-time, investigative thriller set in North West England on 24th October 1987. You play as a journalist in a detailed, systems-driven world where people react to your actions and time is your biggest enemy.​

LEFT ALIVE - † Echo †

LEFT ALIVE is a 3rd-Person Shooter, that also brings stealth, survival, and mech combat to the table in what appears to be an AA-game venture from Square-Enix in the famed Front Mission universe. Our Story is set in the fictional country of Novo Slava, year 2127, as a bitter war rages on. You will see the story unfold through the eyes of three playable characters: Mikhail, a young wanzer pilot who quickly finds himself a lone survivor on the battlefield. Olga, a member of the Novo Slava Police Force currently investigating human traficking, and former Wanzer pilot herself before quitting the military after the death of her daughter. Leonid, a member of the Novo Slava liberation front, this man was to be executed publicly after being framed for an assanation and yet for mysterious reasons was jailed instead and kept alive. Leonid escapes from prison during a battle in the city, and it's up to you to help him find out why he was... LEFT ALIVE.​

LEFT ALIVE's notable staff include: Toshifumi Nabeshima (director, Armored Core series), Yoji Shinkawa from KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS (character designer, METAL GEAR SOLID series), and Takayuki Yanase (mech designer, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Xenoblade Chronicles X).​

LEFT ALIVE - Mor

2127, The world is once again divided into economic blocs in constant conflict, the republic of Garmoniya declares war against the republic of Ruthenia by invading the border city of Novo Slava, soldiers and Wanders spread through the streets of the city killing and destroying everything, Ruthenia forces can't repel the attack but there are still 3 characters with important missions on the city.​

Captain Olga, who gets involved in the middle of the conflict tries to save as much people as she can but her main mission will be find someone really important, Mikhail, a Wander pilot whose mecha gets destroyed in the invasion and now will try to escape the city with his own resources and Leonid, a former member of a liberation group that was supposed to be dead now returns from the shadows to complete a mission that has leaded him into the city of Novo Slava, will the 3 stories be connected? Direct assault or stealth attack, you choose how to confront the situation, use all the artillery, make tramps or hide to avoid a confrontation, survive as you choose.​

IT'S WINTER

Panel houses, snow, overcast sky, tiny kitchen, shabby staircase… It's Winter is an indie game which genre could be classified as sandbox, post-soviet, sad 3D, Russian sadness. Nothing awaits you: there is no chance to get out, no room for adventures and breathtaking plot.​

Devil May Cry 5

The Devil you know returns in this brand new entry in the over-the-top action series available on the PC. Prepare to get downright demonic with this signature blend of high-octane stylized action and otherworldly & original characters the series is known for. Director Hideaki Itsuno and the core team have returned to create the most insane, technically advanced and utterly unmissable action experience of this generation!​

Hypnospace Outlaw

Greetings Enforcer, and thank you for enlisting in the Hypnospace Patrol Department! As the world falls into its slumber, Hypnospace becomes a bustling global village. These virtual streets aren't going to police themselves!​

The Caligula Effect: Overdose

Mobius. An idyllic world that lets people forget about the pain and problems of reality. Created by a sentient vocaloid program, μ (Mu), reality and fantasy have become blurred, allowing people to relive their high school years in bliss -- but just how real is a virtual happiness?​

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT

Combining seamless gameplay, FINAL FANTASY characters and breathtaking worlds from the past 30 years of the franchise, DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT welcomes all gamers to the online battle arena with a new style of competitive gaming!​

Baba Is You

Baba Is You is a puzzle game where the rules you have to follow are present as blocks you can interact with. By manipulating them, you can change how the game works, repurpose things you find in the levels and cause surprising interactions!​

ONE PIECE World Seeker

Leave your compass behind and join Luffy as he embarks on a brand new action-packed adventure where you can experience the powers of the legendary Gum-Gum fruit to uncover hidden secrets on an original, never-before-seen island!​

Fenimore Fillmore: 3 Skulls of the Toltecs

3 Skulls of the Toltecs was one of the last classic point & click adventure release in 1996, now you can play it again in this wonderful remastered version with enlarge graphics up to 4k.​

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is the ultimate real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon game. Construct your own republic and transform a poor country into a rich industrial superpower!​

Brrrainz: Feed your Hunger

An adventure strategy game with some RPG elements. Explore the vast territories of 1960s America, survive in a hostile world, improve your skills, loot, use tactics, and manage your horde in the wacky world of Brrrainz.​

Xenonauts 2

Take control of a clandestine organisation battling an alien invasion in this deep and challenging strategy game - can you hold humanity together long enough to end the extraterrestrial threat forever?​

Fate/EXTELLA LINK - † Echo †

Fate/Extella LINK is a sequel to Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star, which itself is a sequel to Fate/Extra. These are musou-style games, intertwined with quite lengthy story and visual-novel like scenes. Unfortunately they can seem a bit dense and hard to get into for those unfamiliar with the Fate/ franchise, and you'll see no shortage of in-universe terminology and lore thrown your way. However for fans of the franchise, these games can be quite rewarding. Extella LINK will feature all 16 Servants from it's prequel, in addition to 10 new Servants including Astolfo, Scathatch, and Francis Drake just to name a few. You now also have a base-camp, a medieval church floating in the sky, where you can interact with your Servants to learn more about them and take on side missions. Extella LINK is intended to directly continue the story and lore of this universe, and the story was carefully supervised by Kinoko Nasu himself. XSeed also claims the graphics, animations, and combat mechanics have all been improved quite a bit from the first Extella game.​

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Carve your own clever path to vengeance in an all-new adventure from developer FromSoftware, creators of Bloodborne and the Dark Souls series. Take Revenge. Restore your honor. Kill Ingeniously.​

Generation Zero

Welcome to 1980’s Sweden. The local population has disappeared, and hostile machines roam the streets. Explore the open world to unravel the mystery, perfect your fighting strategies, and prepare to strike back. Play alone or together with up to three friends, as you discover ways to defeat the invaders.​

Outward - texhnolyze

In Outward, you're no Chosen One, you're just an ordinary human being. Which means that you starts from the bottom, with no special power whatsoever. You're pretty weak at the start, and without proper preparation you won't survive in the wild. There's survival element too, so you need to keep your character fed and rested. There are three factions you can join, each with its own storylines. As you progress with the story and explore the world, you can learn new skills from trainers, as well as earn new gear from loot or merchant. With its slower, more methodical, exploration-based approach, Outward really brings back the classic RPG formula where RPGs actually felt like RPGs.​

Tropico 6

El Presidente is back! Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your very own banana republic through four distinctive eras.​

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

The Man With The Hat Is Back In His Greatest Adventure Yet! 1939 - The eve of World War II. Nazi agents are about to get their hands on a weapon more dangerous than the atom bomb. Only Indy can stop them before they unleash the deadly secret that sank Atlantis.​

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair

Challenge: Beat the game​

Complete all stages on any difficulty with any class.

People who have completed the challenge:​

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the [HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS] tags ("Hide until liked" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Yay, new month! :p
Today, we're getting a new thread, new Humble monthly, several launches (ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove!, Dead or Alive 6, ...). It's quite the day. (y)

In a few hours, Dead or Alive 6 will be released. I'm going to regret wanting to know the price of the Season Pass, won't I? :eek:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
nani nani?? Already!

Hello March, hello Meta Council! Let's rock.
well it's already March for at least 40% of the people in here, so i thought i might as well go for it :D

---

oh, by the way:

if anyone wants to write a recommendation for any of the games in this thread (or even one that isn't) - just send me a PM and i'll update the recommendations!

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Deleted member 113

Some good new RPG games this month ... while I'm still playing last year's!

Send help.

:wd_shaking:
I'm yet to even play most of the RPGs I backed on crowdfunding campaigns. :eek:
That's why I'm not too bothered by whatever dick-ish moves Epic might pull. I have plenty of games to keep me busy. ;)

But, my insane backlog won't stop me buying a couple more this month. :p
I pre-ordered Eternity: The Last Unicorn, since it was cheap as hell, came with a bonus artbook and soundtrack, and it's a short 12h game, and I'll be buying Outward.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm super into Norse mythology lately but not sure Eternity is looking like my jam. Generation Zero is intriguing but not enough reliable friends and I am going to wait to see how much of a rip-off of Horizon it is :p

I might pick up that Neptunia bundle because I have literally 0 of those games, and while I don't watch a ton of anime or play many new RPGs, that's a great deal for apparently good games.

Reactions: lashman
Dec 5, 2018
New thread, nice.
I don't get the thread title :unsure:
Yeah, me neither could somebody explain it to me?
===
I'm gonna try to wrap kiwami this weekend (since i don't think I'm will do much more side stuff).

This month I'll probably get Sekiro and that's it for new games.

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Regarding the Monthly Challenge: lashman
As I'm playing EDF right now, I would really suggest against using one of those "beat all missions with a single class" achievements. The Ranger one is probably the easiest but it artificially limits you, because usually you just don't stick to a single class all the way through but rather change it up depending on how you feel like or the mission (from my experience so far).

Why do we need an achievement anyway? Suggestion: If you want some provable way for game completion we could just have people post a screenshot of the mission selection screen with the last mission selected (There are 89 missions in single player mode and 9 extra ones in online mode for a total of 98). Looks like the last mission is the same for both modes though and named "Star Eaters".

Reactions: lashman and Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Regarding the Monthly Challenge: lashman
As I'm playing EDF right now, I would really suggest against using one of those "beat all missions with a single class" achievements. The Ranger one is probably the easiest but it artificially limits you, because usually you just don't stick to a single class all the way through but rather change it up depending on how you feel like or the mission (from my experience so far).

Why do we need an achievement anyway? Suggestion: If you want some provable way for game completion we could just have people post a screenshot of the mission selection screen with the last mission selected (There are 89 missions in single player mode and 9 extra ones in online mode for a total of 98). Looks like the last mission is the same for both modes though and named "Star Eaters".
I agree with you. I don't know anything about the game. So I just randomly suggested a challenge. Didn't know that you could switch between classes between missions. I tried to look for another achievement, but many looks like that you need to grind in order to unlock and have low unlock rate.
Maybe for this challenge just simply beat the game should be enough.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I agree with you. I don't know anything about the game. So I just randomly suggested a challenge. Didn't know that you could switch between classes between missions. I tried to look for another achievement, but many looks like that you need to grind in order to unlock and have low unlock rate.
Maybe for this challenge just simply beat the game should be enough.
Yeah, you can play every mission with every class once you've unlocked it by beating the previous one.
But you only get Armor (permanent max health increase) and weapon drops in a mission for the class you are currently playing as.

Reactions: lashman and Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.