Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Just imagine what Halo Infinite is gonna be like if the game is really good and has some type of competitive scene. Microsoft is gonna feast with new Xbox + PC gamepass + Steam release later this year.

It really is the best way to release games going forward. There is so much money in the pc market. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony slowly creates their own gamepass like launcher for next year after Horizon does really well. Revamp the current PSnow app into something more PC friendly so you can collect much more subscribers. Just duplicate what MS is doing and your engagmenet/service #s are gonna go through the roof. Put your games on all the platforms and let people decide where they want to buy it. Everyone is happy this way. The few outraged warrior trolls on the internet will get over it.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
quite random deal

I wonder what this means for the future of the absolutely stellar MM?

Now granted it's not licensed but that was fixed in like 2 minutes with the comprehensive Fire and Ice Workshop mods that completely flips the game into licensed series, drivers, teams, sponsors, liveries skins, front office/owners. From WEC GTEAm all the way up through F1. Hell they even have custom car models that mimic real life.

My only point being is that with Frontiers taking on F1 with several sims in the pipeline, there's no way they could do a cease & desist on MM licence mods, right? Right?

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Since there was talk about the position of the taskbar a bit back: Is there way to get the start button and my pinned apps to the lower left corner when my taskbar is on the left side of the screen? Basically so that the position of the start button is the same as if my taskbar would be at the bottom of the screen.

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Man, now that we're approaching the end of March I'm getting pretty excited, can't remember the last time I had several highly anticipated games releasing so close to each other, especially RE3. I haven't seen much of the game but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being even better than RE2R based on what I've read. I wish they'd do Code Veronica next, new Claire has really won me over.

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Great reviews for Nioh 2, hopefully the PC version isn't too far off. Wanna use an unlimited stamina cheat, made the first game more fun for me.

Reactions: ISee

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
RPGamer has an interview up with Engine Software and me, on ToCS3:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Really sad that E3 is gonna be cancelled by the looks of it. All of these devs/pubs arrange this stuff months in advance and everyone attending has to make plans months in advance. If there is any type of uncertainty then it makes sense they cancel it. Especially when there is an actual health hazard happening around the world.

Gamescom is probably getting cancelled too if things don't improve in Europe over the next month. That event is even a bigger tourist virus trap than E3.

Someone like Keighley needs to gather all these companies together and coordinate some type of big digital day of directs in June. Do like an entire day long show with several digital conferences while also dropping limited timed demos on steam/psn/Xbox. Similar to what he did the game awards. Do some interviews and stuff that doesn't require an audience as well. It would probably be the best type of substitute for this situation. And Keighley has the connections so he can easily pull this off.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Really sad that E3 is gonna be cancelled by the looks of it. All of these devs/pubs arrange this stuff months in advance and everyone attending has to make plans months in advance. If there is any type of uncertainty then it makes sense they cancel it. Especially when there is an actual health hazard happening around the world.

Gamescom is probably getting cancelled too if things don't improve in Europe over the next month. That event is even a bigger tourist virus trap than E3.

Someone like Keighley needs to gather all these companies together and coordinate some type of big digital day of directs in June. Do like an entire day long show with several digital conferences while also dropping limited timed demos on steam/psn/Xbox. Similar to what he did the game awards. Do some interviews and stuff that doesn't require an audience as well. It would probably be the best type of substitute for this situation. And Keighley has the connections so he can easily pull this off.
I'm actually glad, to some degree. E3 was nauseating in many respects and filled with half-truths. It also didn't help that it was the time of the year where we politely pretend the PC doesn't exist.

I'm also no big fan of Keighley, if only because of his proximity to the press and industry that makes him less than critical of them. I don't see him creating anything other than a second E3 with the same issues as before. I'm also very uneasy at two of the largest shows being influenced by one person. Marketing on one hand and awards on the other, what could possibly go wrong?

We've seen how clique-y the games industry can get with the EGS and the way the press, publishers and devs attempted to shove it down our throats. This new event by Keighley worries me in that respect.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Checking around the vast majority of Ori problems are related to the Windows Store version as the Xbox App either doesn't work for them, lack of controller support with Dualshock 4 or due to technical problems as the game pass/win store version doesn't have the latest patch as the Steam version have.

Reactions: Ge0force

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
RPGamer has an interview up with Engine Software and me, on ToCS3:
:oops:
You've added PCSS to the Shadow Options?
What's next? VXAO?
Are you secretly working on a DXR implementation?

I'm not complaining btw. Just didn't expect ToCS to have PCSS.
Ultrawide support, fast FPS support, options to tweak visuals way above consoles.
Sounds like a good port to me! (y)

Reactions: Pommes and QFNS

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Great interview Durante! Glad to see you went with some better compression methods for CS3. 70 GBs for the PC version would've been just a teensy too much :p

:oops:
You've added PCSS to the Shadow Options?
What's next? VXAO?
Are you secretly working on a DXR implementation?

I'm not complaining btw. Just didn't expect ToCS to have PCSS.
Ultrawide support, fast FPS support, options to tweak visuals way above consoles.
Sounds like a good port to me! (y)
The demo ran exceptionally well on my machine. Max settings (except absurd shadows) at 1440p on my 1070 card had me averaging anywhere between 90-120 FPS depending on if i was in battle/cutscene/field. It looks incredible too. It's not as significant a jump like CS1-2 on PS3 was to PC compared to the PS4 version of CS3, but still a very noticeable improvement,

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Checking around the vast majority of Ori problems are related to the Windows Store version as the Xbox App either doesn't work for them, lack of controller support with Dualshock 4 or due to technical problems as the game pass/win store version doesn't have the latest patch as the Steam version have.
I just bought it on Steam, will report back.

Reactions: QFNS

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
How is there still problems with the Xbox app? 13 years after GFWL and MS still doesn't have a clue how to make decent gaming client,

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Corona Virus has been official declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organization.

Interesting timed ahead. I wonder if my exams will be cancelled. 400 people in one hall isn't gonna be good at least.

Reactions: Kyougar

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I'm glad that shit hasn't hit my shit hole of a country yet, but its a matter of time I suppose.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Wait GamePass doesn't support DS4 ? I was planning to play Plague Tale on there :thinking-blob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wait GamePass doesn't support DS4 ? I was planning to play Plague Tale on there :thinking-blob:
It will work but you need to make windows recognize it as a 360 controller. I did it last year for a few games and it worked just fine. Don't remember what it was called tho. I think DS4windows or maybe something else.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It will work but you need to make windows recognize it as a 360 controller. I did it last year for a few games and it worked just fine. Don't remember what it was called tho. I think DS4windows or maybe something else.
Oh right, I had forgotten about DS4Windows (y)

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Yiu can change art syle
It has been known since original jp release.
I know you can change the art. Everyone knows you can change the art. That's not really what I'm asking though.

OH FUCK YES
N-no, Hektor at least have some standards. There are tons of good VN's on Steam and not one of them begins with Sakura.

I blocked that whole publisher. Just nothing but trash from them. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Reactions: Kvik

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
N-no, Hektor at least have some standards. There are tons of good VN's on Steam and not one of them begins with Sakura.

I blocked that whole publisher. Just nothing but trash from them. :face-with-cold-sweat:
It ain't no Steins;Gate but how do i say, the games have something nice to offer that rhymes with shlooty :h02thirsty:
Yes I did and now there’s a baby 👼🏻 (and less time to play)
N
O
R
M
I
E

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, to buy Doom on Bethesda at grey market pricing or be ripped a new one on Steam.
I'm not Steam-only, but the Beth launcher would be my pick for worst launcher... :shrugblob:

Reactions: LEANIJA

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hmm, to buy Doom on Bethesda at grey market pricing or be ripped a new one on Steam.
I'm not Steam-only, but the Beth launcher would be my pick for worst launcher... :shrugblob:
Sell cards
See how much you make
If it makes steam vee. cheaper
Get on steam
Do not trust bethy launcher

Or just grab any other gsme and wair for sale

Reactions: LEANIJA

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Sell cards
See how much you make
If it makes steam vee. cheaper
Get on steam
Do not trust bethy launcher

Or just grab any other gsme and wair for sale
Cards already paid for Iceborn and will nicely put Alyx at 0 euros once coupled with some Paypal funds. They can't do everything :cold-sweat:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
What's up with the low audio and gross audio glitches in Ori 2 on Steam?
There better be a patch for this soon =_=

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Hey new Super Mega Baseball game in April. Day one! Who's with me!?
Who? Anyone? No? Ok.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Any performance issues with the Steam version?
No issues at all. Runs perfectly at 100 FPS at 3440x1440.
I mean, the initial loading time when you start the game is a bit long, but that's a complaint on a very nitpicky level, especially since there's 0 loading after that.

Reactions: QFNS and Swenhir
Status
Not open for further replies.