Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
That's it ! With your idiocies I spent the last 30 minutes listening to circa 2010 music video.
Thread lightly, I can drown the topic in boom boom boom.
dancing on my chair

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I came across this thread on ERA via Twitter. I increased my wishlist with a shitload games.

Seeing this thread and the huge amount of upcoming good looking games on Steam makes me think how irrelevant EGS is in the grand scheme of things.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I came across this thread on ERA via Twitter. I increased my wishlist with a shitload games.
that's because you don't read our thread with new noteworthy store pages :disapproval-blob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
that's because you don't read our thread with new noteworthy store pages :disapproval-blob:

Well the ERA thread categorized the genres. :p

• Disapproval
Reactions: lashman

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I think it's time to throw in the towel on Loop Hero. I just don't get this game. :confounded-face:

Upgrading to bigger numbers feels so important that it's hard to justify pursuing a specific build when it can leave you with garbage equipment. So all I've done is take what I've been offered and hope luck is on my side. I don't have many cards yet, and they seem to unlock slowly as well, so I can't tell if there's really room for different builds, and if those would even be meaningful with such random equipment. Then building up the town seems like a nightmare. Right now it feels awfully grindy because I'm bottlenecked on a resource that I don't know how to really get more of. It drops sometimes, but I don't know if there's any way to specifically target it. That's not the only place where the game does a terrible job of explaining things. I'm still salty that I unlocked Wheat Fields before I could use them.

I'm bummed about this. I wanted and expected to like this game, but it hasn't panned out for me.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

I read this thread daily (thanks, great work everyone!), but they're different. This thread is virtually every game with a new store page and little curation. That Era thread is more curated and organized, especially for 2021 release. It's easily one of the best threads of the year so far.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Still listening to 2010's music video.
I should stop, can't take it. Those were horny as fuck :sweaty-blob:

I need a 4K version of Alex Gaudino feat. Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria.
For science

• Comfy
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Oh look, speak of the devil. Does this mean I don't have to play Cold Steel anymore? I mean, it's the least appealing arc of the series, school kids and all.
If you were put off from playing a game iwth an uninspured highschool anime setting
What makes you think an anime adaptation qould make it any better? :v

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

whatever, I just want to know whether Deathloop will be on Game Pass PC at launch (in theory, it should be, but there could be some clause in the Sony timed exclusivity deal that precludes it, idk)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

whatever, I just want to know whether Deathloop will be on Game Pass PC at launch (in theory, it should be, but there could be some clause in the Sony timed exclusivity deal that precludes it, idk)
I expect Deathloop will be moddable in some form so I bought it on Steam.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
If you were put off from playing a game iwth an uninspured highschool anime setting
What makes you think an anime adaptation qould make it any better? :v
Anime should be 12 episodes long, or 24 at most if it's a full season. Compared to hundreds of hours I have to put into the 4 games, that'd be nothing. All I need is the meat of the story without having to deal with the other unimportant stuff, the JRPG bloat.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

This was expected. I imagine 'some' games are already contracted to appear on systems and will slowly stop over time, unless they really need the GAAS return on investment or try to work out some kind of quid pro quo with Sony/Nintendo.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Anime should be 12 episodes long, or 24 at most if it's a full season. Compared to hundreds of hours I have to put into the 4 games, that'd be nothing. All I need is the meat of the story without having to deal with the other unimportant stuff, the JRPG bloat.
Honestly I disagree with this if only because I love learning about lore and regular NPC life.
Main story is probably only half of what I like about these games at best.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Anime adaptations of long games, they're fine to watch standalone, but they're usually not a good replacement for the games for players that are interested in playing the sequels of those games.

For example , the PSO2 anime (25 episodes), it adapted the first 3 parts (episodes 1 to 3) of the game's story, but it made many big changes and it also skipped parts that are important for the game's finale, someone that watches the PSO2 anime and only plays through Episodes 4 to 6 of the game would be missing out on alot.

I think the Cold Steel anime will be a similar situation, someone that skips the Cold Steel games and watches only the anime with the intent of playing the following games will likely be missing out on alot of important lore.

• Sad
Reactions: texhnolyze

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
Bonfires Down made a great thread in the board next door. Good content being good content, I will gladly link it.
Image heavy.

In other pinging news, I have to ping Durante and all other DRPG fans here. Just to remind you that the new Experience game, Saviors of Sapphire Wings / Stranger of Sword City Revisited, will release in a couple of days.
And a bonus question for those in the know, is the Revisited SOSC worth waiting for for a first time player ? Or should I simply play the old version ?
Thanks for linking. I wasn't planning on such an extensive list but it just kept growing and growing. o_O Hell, I'm thinking I should add Saviors of Sapphire Wings now as I didn't know about it.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
shame

exclusivity fucking sucks :negative-blob:
Yeah, I agree.

I'm not personally affected as long as they keep releasing everything on Steam though. And I know for a fact that if, say, Epic had bought Bethesda the very same insufferable group of PS superfans who will lose their shit if/when large Bethesda franchises go exclusive would have told me how stupid I am for not being ecstatic about Epic offering all those great new opportunities to Bethesda. So.... whatever.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm not personally affected as long as they keep releasing everything on Steam though. And I know for a fact that if, say, Epic had bought Bethesda the very same insufferable group of PS superfans who will lose their shit if/when large Bethesda franchises go exclusive would have told me how stupid I am for not being ecstatic about Epic offering all those great new opportunities to Bethesda. So.... whatever.
yeah, of course ... but it sucks nevertheless ... just because they'd be assholes about it doesn't mean i have to be one when it happens the other way around :p

so yeah, i'm not really affected, but it's still sad ... just like with shit regional pricing

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yeah, I agree.

This is mostly where I stand. This deal just means Bethesda is likely going to continue doing Day 1 Steam releases and after how obnoxious Sony fans are over their exclusives and the whole Epic fiasco I really can’t bring myself to care because if it means Steam releases keep happening Its only good news for me.

EGS is so exhausting so ill take what I can get.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Honestly the acquisition sucks for Sony but there is a simple fix for it.

Port both the Horizon games to Xbox/GP and in return Bethesda puts Starfield on PS5.

It would be like a 2 minute conversation between Ryan and Spencer to make such a deal. I think it would be a fair trade.

But ofc this industry is incapable of doing simple things so dumbass console wars must proceed.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Queen mentioned Game Pass possibly coming to Steam which means the Bethesda games would hit Steam GP day one. I'd be happy with that.

Mimosa

Feb 23, 2021
If they release that 120hz patch for Samurai Shodown on Epic Game Store... I might cave in and buy it. Watching a fighting game at 120FPS is just mesmerizing to me. The only other fighting game that does 60+ FPS is Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.