Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Does anyone use Microsoft Edge? The Steam website behaves strangely with it. I'm logged out when i start Edge and visit the Steam store.
When i log back in and close Edge, i am logged out again. If i try it a second time, Steam shows the message "There have been too many login failures from your network in a short time period. Please wait and try again later. "

With Firefox it works without problems.
No problems here too.
Clean all the cookies for Steam and see if it persists

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
But I can't ! I know I'm the outlier here, but I couldn't stand speaking to every fucking villager every 5 minutes in the first Trail.
One of my big fail this game, dropped it near the end (the mechanized town), I just couldn't :cryblob:
You really don't have to talk to every NPC, most of them are there just to flesh out the world and they don't add anything meaningful to the main story. I love the series but I think it's one of the more overrated aspects of Trails and I certainly didn't do it in every game.

• Eyes
Reactions: Li Kao and Tomasety

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

There have been rumors that the actual release date for the DLC is the 18'th of March. Would be cool if so.

Well, time to do another run of TAG1 to get back into the swing of things. :blobmorning2:

TAG 2 Screenshots

Reactions: lashman

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Outriders is coming to Xbox Game Pass (console and cloud).

Pretty cool. Might as well try it on my One X and see if it's worth buying on Steam or wait for Steam sale.
Thats fantastic for Xbox, but unfortunately when I played with my controller and then went to mouse I had an infinitely better time on the k&m. So even having gamepass I'll skip. The other thing I'm wondering if it is actually worth waiting for a PC Pass version instead of buying as I planned to do, as that might come down the line now. :unsure:

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Do you use any addons?
Or did you disable cookies for Steam store?
I found some threads in the Steam forum about this cookie problem. I'm not alone. I hope Valve will fix this ASAP.

EDIT: The steamRememberLogin cookie is now a session cookie. :(
EDIT2: I deleted all Steam cookies in Firefox and it's now the same problem as with Edge. :(

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Now that Im done with Divinity OS Im gonna have to find what the next batch of games I wanna play are.

I wish I found a noclip cheat or a save to skip the source temple puzzle in Divinity OS so I could properly finish the game, but alas.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Now that Im done with Divinity OS Im gonna have to find what the next batch of games I wanna play are.

I wish I found a noclip cheat or a save to skip the source temple puzzle in Divinity OS so I could properly finish the game, but alas.
Didn't you started playing it a few days ago? Already done?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Didn't you started playing it a few days ago? Already done?
Not done, that's the problem, Im stuck and the puzzle that requires you to enter the source temple (nearly the end of the game) and I bloody hate the puzzle. Im using speedhack and some cheats and still can't manage to to the puzzle. So I gave up. Not gonna bother wasting more time when there's more games to be played. Other than the puzzle, the game has been great. I searched online and Im not the only one hating the puzzle. I also downloaded a save file, but the save file was after the final boss, so I got the Steam cheevos for beating the game lol.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Does the Disco Elysium update has a date? From what I've found it's releasing in March but they did not mention a day.

Reactions: QFNS

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Not done, that's the problem, Im stuck and the puzzle that requires you to enter the source temple (nearly the end of the game) and I bloody hate the puzzle. Im using speedhack and some cheats and still can't manage to to the puzzle. So I gave up. Not gonna bother wasting more time when there's more games to be played. Other than the puzzle, the game has been great. I searched online and Im not the only one hating the puzzle. I also downloaded a save file, but the save file was after the final boss, so I got the Steam cheevos for beating the game lol.
Oh, so there is a pain in the butt puzzle in the end. That kinda sucks

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
But I can't ! I know I'm the outlier here, but I couldn't stand speaking to every fucking villager every 5 minutes in the first Trail.
One of my big fail this game, dropped it near the end (the mechanized town), I just couldn't :cryblob:
Then don't talk to every NPC :V You think I been playing jRPGs for the better part of 20 years and actually talking to NPCs in towns~

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Not chocolate as we know it today (this was actually created in Belgium) but yes, the Aztec used cacao beans as a currency.

The museum has lots of these fun facts, but what I remember most is that eating chocolate actually makes you feel happy. Now I finally have an excuse to justify my addiction 😁

That would be M&M's. Those are more sugar than chocolate tho.
I'd enjoy that museum I think. And Belgium by the sounds of it. I eat a chocolate bar almost every day as a food staple. To me, chocolate is dark at 85%+. Anything else is sugar. Also I think M&Ms aren't even chocolate either, are they? I thought they are carob.

Reactions: Ge0force

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Nice, Outer Worlds finally fixed the Steam achievements missing for DLC 1.

Since I'm doing hitman 2 as well right now, might as well do these achievements too. so, yeah, lets do them sometime this week. I'm usually available after 17.00 Berlin time. I'll add you on Steam (my name's "***", easily recognizable :p )
Sweet, accepted the fried request! I can probably play on Wednesday it shouldn't take more than 1 hour.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Then don't talk to every NPC :V You think I been playing jRPGs for the better part of 20 years and actually talking to NPCs in towns~
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask for your "gamer" credentials back, kind sir.

You must suffer the same as us in regards to talking to every NPC and not just once but talking to them until you have exhausted all of their dialogue options.

Have you experience with Dragon Warrior by chance?

• Sad
  • This!
Reactions: Li Kao and Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My next batch of one and done games ar egonne be some "blockbuster" titles that have been in my backlog: Shadow of War, Far Cry New Dawn, South Park But Whole, MAFIA DE, Ghostrunner and Wolfy Youngblood.

Shadow of War will be first as it is fucking 150 gb.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I couldn't stand speaking to every fucking villager every 5 minutes in the first Trail.
I think the most important thing about playing videogames is to have fun, so if you don't enjoy talking to NPCs after every story beats, then, by all means, don't. The games are large enough that you will be kept busy even without talking to every NPC on every map.

For what its worth, I enjoyed talking to NPCs a lot. Not only I'm learning a lot about their trials and tribulations, but sometimes they give out important lore or hidden sidequests. If you ask me, I'd still recommend talking to them at least once or twice when the plot of the game advances. Besides, these days turbo is a thing, and you can cut down on the times it took to scour each map for NPCs.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
That Dying Light mission in the school is basically showing what is wrong with the game. From tossing tons of enemies at you that take like 30 hits to die to needles backtracking. First you are sent around the entire building before you actually enter the building, then you are sent to one side of the building before you are sent back to other side and then you are sent back again. I really don't like combat in this game. But parkour is bit better now that i got upgrade that grants you more speed.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Trails NPC are best NPC (although I might actually like Tokyo Xanadu NPCs overall even more? Still Falcom though :steam_pigblanket:)
I personally consider talking to and following the NPC stories to be what elevates Trails to something special, but if this is making you feel like dropping the game instead, by all means just focus on the main content and only talk to side chars whenever you feel like it, there's plenty to like there too.
And who knows, maybe it "clicks" for you eventually and you start getting enjoyment out of it. I know I didn't talk to everyone when I played FC (was pre-turbo times) and I still don't talk to everyone everytime, but I try to cover most of it.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Complaining about the Trails NPCs is a bit strange.
You either don't like reading them, and then ... just don't? Or you do like it, but you're annoyed there's so much of it. Which is like complaining why a restaurant has so much good food that you can't eat all at once.
Just take your time, no need to do it all at once. I love the slow burn of Trails games, and the NPCs sweeps are among the most enjoyable aspects of them. I absolutely adored how well this is executed in Trails From Zero.

• Comfy
Reactions: QFNS and Kvik

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Complaining about the Trails NPCs is a bit strange.
You either don't like reading them, and then ... just don't? Or you do like it, but you're annoyed there's so much of it. Which is like complaining why a restaurant has so much good food that you can't eat all at once.
Just take your time, no need to do it all at once. I love the slow burn of Trails games, and the NPCs sweeps are among the most enjoyable aspects of them. I absolutely adored how well this is executed in Trails From Zero.
I'm in the same camp as him. I liked talking to them, until I realized that in order not to miss any I'd have to go into every single house and fomo made me fall off that particular wagon.

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao and sanhora

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm in the same camp as him. I liked talking to them, until I realized that in order not to miss any I'd have to go into every single house and fomo made me fall off that particular wagon.
I personally don't get the FOMO. You either like reading all of them, and think it's worth the hassle. Or you don't. I think it's also totally natural (and probably quite common) to just pick a handful of interesting NPCs in a few locations and only visit those regularly.
It's a feature of the game, you just need to decide how much of your time it's worth and how much to engage with it.

Me personally, think it's worth to visit all of them every time. It's like a mosaic of tiny personal stories that draws a picture about how any given village or city is really like and how what's happening in the main story is affecting the village as a whole. Most of the time, it's not affecting it or only in small localised ways, and you see how things normally play out, the small dramas and comedies of every day life. This makes it so much more effective when the shit actually hits the fan and everything is suddenly affected by big story events.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Outriders is coming to Xbox Game Pass (console and cloud).

Pretty cool. Might as well try it on my One X and see if it's worth buying on Steam or wait for Steam sale.
sucks that it's not coming to PC, though looter-shooters aren't generally my cup of tea anyway so I can't get too upset

wonder if MS just didn't try to get it on PC or if SE sees Game Pass as more likely to hurt sales on PC than on console

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I liked talking to them, until I realized that in order not to miss any I'd have to go into every single house and fomo made me fall off that particular wagon.
Mivey already outlined some good points, but if you prefer not to miss any plot points or sidequests in relation to NPC dialogue, there are some very excellent guides on GameFAQs which will tell you which NPC to talk to (provided that you're not averse to reading guides while playing, of course).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Mivey already outlined some good points, but if you prefer not to miss any plot points or sidequests in relation to NPC dialogue, there are some very excellent guides on GameFAQs which will tell you which NPC to talk to (provided that you're not averse to reading guides while playing, of course).
I understand what you are saying but you both missed the point I was making. You didn't have an issue with it and I am glad for you both, but I did. Figuring out which houses of the identical bunch I have already visited or not and wondering which NPCs I may have missed was just not fun for me. Call it a completionist issue, but I felt like the game was not designed around this desire to get all the NPC-fed exposition, which makes sense given their age. Maybe you have an easier time of it navigating those towns than me, but it felt really difficult to orient myself and all that.

Basically, that was my experience and the reason I couldn't get into the first of these games.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Had another email from AllYouPlay questioning if I want a refund for my pre-ordered Vampire the Masquerade. I had 3 so far and they all say in effect do nothing and the game remains pre-ordered. I do nothing as instructed and get an email every few weeks asking if I want a refund. There was a price mistake on my order anyway so I'm not in very deep and would rather stick it out and see what happens.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Figuring out which houses of the identical bunch I have already visited or not and wondering which NPCs I may have missed was just not fun for me.
That's fair enough. For this particular issue especially, Falcom is well aware of it hence from Cold Steel III onwards, they implemented a feature which changes the appearance of the talk icon which normally pops up on top of an NPC's head once you've exhausted their dialogue lines. Having said that though, the number of NPCs we can talk to has increased even more, so I totally understand your frustrations.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So I live abroad and a sub to choice, which I have the classic (the one you get if you had it before they changed to choice). I just remote desktop'd my PC that my mother now uses. I added my local card, where I currently live, to paypal and set that up as default in humble bundle.

To keep my humble bundle in the states, whenever I log into it do I always need to do it via remote desktop to keep my IP buying location in the states? I have a VPN with dedicated IP location as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.