Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2018

Some really good games are coming to PC Game Pass.
I wonder, If SE is gonna patch Nier, because I doubt FAR will work with that version.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Some really good games are coming to PC Game Pass.
Square Enix, SEGA, EA, indies, everyone is on board with Game Pass. Insane.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I wonder, If SE is gonna patch Nier, because I doubt FAR will work with that version.
well, this is apparently the Become as Gods Edition, which was previously exclusive to Xbox One, so maybe it's been patched

if not, this could be one hell of a monkey's paw, been waiting and waiting for this game to get cheaper on PC

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Game Pass have to make some sort of move with Steam soon right?
EA Play is already doing it.
Rumors of integration of EA Play and Game Pass soon.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'd like a first-party-only gamepass on Steam if it's something like €5 and gives me Win32 Steam versions of MS games. (Considering "MS" now includes inxile, obsidian and bethesda and I'd need to pay full price for all those to play them on Steam otherwise)

... on the other hand those are all games I'd rather own than rent anyway.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Microsoft won't be in a rush to provide the same value to a Steam version of GamePass even if it's possible logistically, unfortunately.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Queen mentioned Game Pass coming to Steam in the future. If it comes, it will probably be only first party games since I imagine it would be a licensing nightmare to try and onboard all the third parties.
At best I could see select third party games but yeah I imagine most if not all games will be Microsoft published.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
MS did buy Tetris exclusivity tho :(
that's how it won't be on steam for 2.5 years or so...
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think the multiplayer mode is a timed MS exclusive too so even Epic and Playstation owners got screwed out of that.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Microsoft won't be in a rush to provide the same value to a Steam version of GamePass even if it's possible logistically, unfortunately.
I mean, from MS' perspective a FP-only gamepass wouldn't offer quite the same value as the current one does, would it? I just hope they don't assign as much value to "get a normal Win32 game instead of an eldritch abomination" as I do. If they did they would probably change their distribution system.

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
I think everyone thought the same thing about their first party titles but that all came to steam as well so who knows.
Hard to tell with Xbox Currently.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ramble time - do not read if useless me doesn't interest you - I hesitated between mental health, emulation, steam, console thread and well, let's get on with it and forget it.

It's been two months since I last really bought games, and by the look of it, it will be six more until I can do it again. This is hell.
I really don't feel like playing on PC, I want to combo the sofa and my ass to hell and back, and not get the merest glimpse of the Windows UI.
I keep delaying my Disgaea 1 replay, partly because it's a pointless replay, and partly because PC.
I am super down at the thought that I had to sell my PS3 and Vita for money. So many games have been left to die on these machines.
The PS5 is a pipe dream, money and availability wise.

There is only so much I can cut back in monthly expenses. I think the social downgrading process I noticed for years has come to fruition.
And there is a looming giant economic crisis on the horizon.
Ok.

So yeah, sorry. It was rambly.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I think everyone thought the same thing about their first party titles but that all came to steam as well so who knows.
Hard to tell with Xbox Currently.
Well, that's the thing. Not all first party titles will come to Steam. Minecraft is a notable absence from both gamepass and Steam, there is a very a low probability that this will change which makes me think they are still very aware of what should and shouldn't be on which service.

I'm just saying that even if EA sub is already on Steam, adding it to a future SteamGP version means signing a new contract which is probably not worth it for them. And even if it's logistically possible to add all other third party software, it's unlikely they'd want to do it.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Ramble time
Gaming on PC is much cheaper than on consoles. You have your Steam backlog, you can grab the weekly free games on another launcher, you can pay $1 for a month of GamePass whenever there is a new game published by Microsoft. You could even explore the pirate bay. Seriously, forget about consoles if you have a tight budget.

On a side-note, the only game which I have purchased this year is this game for 0.79 €, because it was supposed to be delisted (and features trading cards).

PS: Artifact is free.

Last edited:

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Oof, this looks rough. :blobpanburn:

I know people kind of liked the old Dark Alliance games, but I was never a fan of the series. It just felt like a poor version of Diablo, so I would play Diablo instead :face-with-tears-of-joy:.
I felt the same about the old games, but I still had fun playing them in co-op with my sister.

Reactions: Routa

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ramble time - do not read if useless me doesn't interest you - I hesitated between mental health, emulation, steam, console thread and well, let's get on with it and forget it.

It's been two months since I last really bought games, and by the look of it, it will be six more until I can do it again. This is hell.
I really don't feel like playing on PC, I want to combo the sofa and my ass to hell and back, and not get the merest glimpse of the Windows UI.
I keep delaying my Disgaea 1 replay, partly because it's a pointless replay, and partly because PC.
I am super down at the thought that I had to sell my PS3 and Vita for money. So many games have been left to die on these machines.
The PS5 is a pipe dream, money and availability wise.

There is only so much I can cut back in monthly expenses. I think the social downgrading process I noticed for years has come to fruition.
And there is a looming giant economic crisis on the horizon.
Ok.

So yeah, sorry. It was rambly.
Being poor + xbox series s + game pass =

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
then make space! problem solved ;)
Nah 3D printer needs to be ventilated so it needs to be in separate room in the house or in garage and i don't have garage, or spare room XD Also no basement XD Basically i would need to buy land from my neighbor to build shed or something XD

• Sad
Reactions: PC-tan and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.