Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I mean, this is kinda funny, I liked his bit. By the point he mentions the Vita of all things ( and blaming PC players for it?) you can tell it's not being serious.
Well, at least I hope it's not being serious.
Like I said, If you do the same shtick for years, are you still doing a joke or are you the joke?
And when it is one-sided (not slamming Sony and ND for the bad port) it's even more transparent.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Basically, imo, Greg is punching down on people. People who have been hurted by a bad experience and now a famous YT guy is making a joke about them.

Doesn't matter if it's his shtick. A good joke needs timing and structure. His joke this week had none of them.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Like I said, If you do the same shtick for years, are you still doing a joke or are you the joke?
And when it is one-sided (not slamming Sony and ND for the bad port) it's even more transparent.
I am not following Miller, but if he's doing this bit essentially all the time, then can see it getting old quickly.
I guess enough people like this stuff to make a living out of it?

Reactions: lashman and Kyougar

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
So thanks to Joe Spangle I'm playing
And I'm halfway between stunned at how incredible the game looks and how open it is for the tiniest of tiny Kickstarters... and how some very basic things are also not present.
I mean, you get a gigantic mostly open world RPG which looks a good decade ahead of many much larger projects, but you don't have tooltips in the crafting menu so you don't really know what you're crafting or where to find some stuff...? :cold-sweat:

Such a weird game, it's as if Piranha Bytes made Xenoblade... with all the issues that it carries, with some dodgy ass textures and models among excellent ones, some weirdly stiff camera controls in combat (hope you like tutti frutti RPG with hexagons strategy, ATB and Gothic-like-no-RNG-only-static-numbers), some real pacing issues especially in chapter 1 where you have very little to play with, many hours with only 2 characters so it removes a lot of the strategy you can do with a full group...
But at the same time, you get both the exploration aspect of Xenoblade, the progression of PB games with massive gear upgrades that are extremely infrequent, tons of side quests... and a lot of boring kill ones too... and it's... an odd experience, both good, and also bad in stumbling on itself failing to explore its cool lore or deepen its combat (with only the rare bosses really offering genuinely interesting mechanics) for 10h+ at a time. And then suddenly shit gets down and it goes crazy and you unlock a new tier of skills - pacing is a real mess.

I have no idea what I would rate the game at the end of the day, that's a weird feeling.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a new laptop ( Asus Strix G16) with RTX 4060. Laptops are very expensive in my country ( this one was basically almost quadruple the value of XSX) so I hope everything is okay. There are reports of coil whine in some units, so I pray to RNG god that I got a perfect unit. I want to put my Lenovo Legion with GTX 1060 to rest. It had a good run, served me well for about 4 years but it was time to upgrade.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
He is referencing some posts by gamers on other forums pretending that they are worried that Sony will stop releasing games on PC. It's not a secret that a contingent of Sony diehards are quite upset that they lost their exclusives.
They should be worried their lack of exclusive contingent of bitches

• Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
He is referencing some posts by gamers on other forums pretending that they are worried that Sony will stop releasing games on PC. It's not a secret that a contingent of Sony diehards are quite upset that they lost their exclusives.
So they are actually secretly hoping this is what happens. LOL

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Medium textures on my PC from 2018

in other words, while I dont doubt the issues youve describing – of course not! –, the same medium textures look completely fine to me on a 1070 Ti. It is totally weird that my aging card can play this game well and looks nice too while others with more modern cards have these issues.
What resolution you playing at?

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

in other words, while I dont doubt the issues youve describing – of course not! –, the same medium textures look completely fine to me on a 1070 Ti. It is totally weird that my aging card can play this game well and looks nice too while others with more modern cards have these issues.
Character textures are mostly fine. Backpack gets most of the hit and clothing. Environment on Medium kinda gets downgraded the most.

You can check here few comparisons here (pay attention to concrete elements and stones, also bus on second screen basically changes color XD)

Screens are from

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Did they ever fix Horizon Zero Dawn on PC? I bought it at launch, and it just crashed every time I was in the first village.
I played it not too too long ago and while it's not perfect and seems maybe a bit too heavy for what it's doing, they ironed out the big issues.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
What resolution you playing at?
2560x1440, mix of medium and high settings, FSR2 on Balanced (meaning a rendered res. of 1512x848), will usually run between 45 and 70 fps

Character textures are mostly fine. Backpack gets most of the hit and clothing. Environment on Medium kinda gets downgraded the most.

You can check here few comparisons here (pay attention to concrete elements and stones, also bus on second screen basically changes color XD)

Screens are from

ah I see – honestly would notice this in general gameplay all that much

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021

2560x1440, mix of medium and high settings, FSR2 on Balanced (meaning a rendered res. of 1512x848), will usually run between 45 and 70 fps

ah I see – honestly would notice this in general gameplay all that much
You're lucky I can only muster up like 60 fps max at times with my 1080 (most of the time is hovering between 35 and 50 fps) but it doesn't feel good, it stutters every time I'm in a new area. Unplayable IMO (Especially when I can run Returnal at 80 fps at 1440p)

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
You're lucky I can only muster up like 60 fps max at times with my 1080 (most of the times is hovering between 35 and 50 fps) but it doesn't feel good, it stutters everytime I'm on a new area. Unplayable IMO (Specially when I can run Returnal at like 80 fps east at 1440p)
Yeah!
I hope they keep patching and improving until it runs fine for everyone!

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Always appreciate April's 1st gags that have effort behind them besides "thing isn't real".
Blizzard has done a very nice gag for Overwatch 2. All the heroes have had abilities modified in bizarre ways and they got all the voice actors to record some ridiculous voice lines. They've leaned in hard on community memes as well. Gameplay in the event mode is completely bonkers right now and all the while you're hearing the characters saying silly things. Designed to make you smile and they nailed it.

Here's some of them...

Reactions: thekeats1999

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, there's something seriously wrong with TLoU. I'm usually pretty lucky with bad ports but this one won't stop crashing on me. Turning on DLSS seems to buy me some extra time (crashed within seconds of getting control when I first started the game) but it seems like even that is only delaying the inevitable crash. I could try turning it down to medium and see what happens but I don't want/shouldn't have to because, other than the constant crashing, it runs really well on high. Getting betwen 80 and 100fps most of the time. And from what I saw just now, on medium it starts looking like crap.

Gonna have to hold off on playing until they fix it, I guess. It's a shame because otherwise it seems like a really good port. They clearly gave a shit. Makes you wonder whether it just wasn't ready or if it's down to inexperience developing for PC.

• Sad
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Last week I accidentally launched Origin when I was going for a different icon in my taskbar (my bad for having it there I guess). Origin then proceeded to uninstall itself as I'm guessing EA App is finally out of beta and the main launcher now... anyway, going through my library I noticed a couple of my owned games were greyed out. Madden and something else which I got through Amazon Prime I think, think maybe Star Wars Squadrons and some other shit. So anyway, they can't be installed, only bought which I'm obviously not doing. Weird af that they are still showing up in my library, just can't fucking do anything with them.

I contacted support, opened a ticket and a day later the ticket was closed as "resolved" but I never got the games back. So I contacted them again, I don't think they have support chat anymore so I had them call me, explained my problem to the CS rep, and he said he would fix it. He then proceeded to open another Support Case, which is now also closed as "fixed" but nothing changed.

Like, I don't really give a shit about these games to bother with it anymore. I could probably go on twitter and have them call me again, etc. but it's really not worth my time for games I'm never playing again. Just amused this shit is happening in 2023.

EA just needs to fucking die. Someone buy them and have them make games exclusively for Stadia or something so I can forget about them already.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
I'm amazed that even Santa Monica didn't had experience on PC yet they delivered one of the best port of recent years with God of War, while Sony's flag studio Naughty Dog fucked up this hard with the most important title of their lineup

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm amazed that even Santa Monica didn't had experience on PC yet they delivered one of the best port of recent years with God of War, while Sony's flag studio Naughty Dog fucked up this hard with the most important title of their lineup
It’s clear ND put a lot of care into this port, but it just didn’t turn out how they’d hoped. It isn’t always about experience - there are many things that can send any project off the rails.

I doubt anyone at Naughty Dog feels good about this. They are clearly a studio that cares deeply about their games and I don’t think for a second that if they had the final say this game would’ve released in the state it’s in.

This is all on Sony trying to time its release with the HBO show.

Status
Not open for further replies.