Community MetaSteam | March 2024 - Can we find Moominvalley in the Forbidden West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Even Grasshopper Manufacture changed their mind about PC ports, they were one of the companies most opposed to porting their games on PC, and the reason why a large part of their games from the PS360 era were not released for PC, -used to say all pc gamers are pirates- they changed, The same thing happened with Atlus, a few years ago if someone told you that their games would appear on PC you would have said you're crazy,
it's a matter of time. The PC market in Japan has suffered a huge increase this generation, especially thanks to Twitch streamers - especially thanks to Valorant - (most of its streamers play on PC - and obviously on Switch for other games-, not on PS5. The day will come when games of Vanillaware end up on Steam.
while ryujinx, yuzu or whatever is called.

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
It does recognize controller, has native support which wasn't common back in those days. Just change the SD controller layout to Gamepad with Trackpad Joysticks and the game recognizes the controller input. Played the first mission, so many nice memories. Game ran perfectly as well 60 fps (some dips here and there) and native 800p resolution
thanks! I played the game a couple years ago and remember it supported controller; it just didnt recognize the SD controller as a controller by default ...but there's already a community layout that enables it super-easy.
shame the game doesnt have SteamCloud support btw :/

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Jim Vessella about today's wave of C&C games on Steam:

Dear C&C Community,

It’s been a few years since I had the opportunity to reach out and engage with you directly. I’ve truly missed that. I hope you have all stayed safe, healthy, and positive since my last post in September of 2020.

I realize many of you have been wondering about the status of Command & Conquer over the past several years. After the launch of the first C&C Remastered Collection, I told our Community Council I would continue to try and find opportunities to support the C&C community and franchise wherever possible. With that in mind, I do have an announcement we think the entire C&C Community can get excited about. The C&C Ultimate Collection is now live on Steam!

Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection on Steam

How did this come to happen? Well, a while back I heard some team members at EA had the desire to launch some of our classic titles on Steam. After hearing about this initiative, several of us proposed we include the C&C Ultimate Collection. We knew this has been a request of the C&C community for over a decade, and has been an equal goal of us passionate C&C folks around the company. As such, a dedicated strike team here at EA has been pushing to make this a reality - but we knew we couldn't do it alone. So in the spirit of our community collaboration from the Remastered Collection, we reached out to a small group of the C&C Community to understand how we could best deliver the Ultimate Collection on Steam.

The feedback and collaboration has once again been invaluable. With improvements like better compatibility for modern operating systems and additional supported languages for both the Steam and EA App versions, we believe this is the best release of the Ultimate Collection to date.

Alongside the launch of the Ultimate Collection on Steam, we are also excited to announce the release of the beloved map editors FinalSun and FinalAlert 2 under the GPL version 3.0 license, which can also be launched directly from the Steam version of Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Now over 20 years since their initial release, original creator Matthias Wagner has generously repackaged these classic editors into a more compatible version for 2024. This was achievable thanks to the technical collaboration with Luke "CCHyper" Feenan, and the kindness of Olaf van der Spek, who has graciously released his XCC Library under the GPL 3.0 license as part of this effort. We cannot thank Matthias, Luke, and Olaf enough for making this a reality for the C&C community, and are eager to see where the tools and content creation go from here.

A huge thank you to the community playtesters who helped provide feedback on this version of the Ultimate Collection, and the organizations of CnCNet, W3DHub, and C&C Online for continuing to support these classic titles. We hope you all enjoy these improvements to the C&C Ultimate Collection - available today on Steam.

Until next time.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Dragon's Dogma 2 character creator is up. Just scroll down a bit.

Also Unicorn Overlord would do well on PC considering how big strategy games are on the platform. Vanillaware are being silly.

Rebirth is phenomenal, but SE is perpetually stuck in the 90s/early 2000s and thinks being exclusive to one platform is fine. I'm sure they got a big money hat from Sony, but was it worth foregoing other platforms?

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Tempted to finally check out Chaos Head Noah now that it's so cheap.
I want to get back into VNs now that I have a Deck. Anyone here play it?

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
thanks! I played the game a couple years ago and remember it supported controller; it just didnt recognize the SD controller as a controller by default ...but there's already a community layout that enables it super-easy.
shame the game doesnt have SteamCloud support btw :/
No Cloud Saves or Steam Achievements is a big bummer, hopefully they'll add them in time. Man I also love if they bring some other Pandemic games Mercenaries 2, one of the few game set in my country and it was fucking hilarious.

Gaben in inevitable lmao. I wonder which will come to steam first FFXVI or FFVII Rebirth, at this point I have no idea. If Remake had 1 year exclusivity, and Rebirth had 3 month exclusivity, I'm fully expecting Revengeance to have 1 week of PS5 exclusivity lol.
NOOOOOOO I can't believe it Dragon Ball was my childhood. RIP legend your work will live on forever :cryblob: :cryblob:

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I will say this.

I am in fact a monster.

As James has said, the DQ Slime is pretty cool and a very iconic design.

A very sad day for the world. And I'm sure there will be a very large unofficial vigil held throughout Latin America.

Reactions: thekeats1999

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
A tragedy.

Akira Toriyama was only 68, should still have had much more time ahead.
The man is responsible for popularizing anime to the world outside of Japan via Dragon Ball (and Z and the others) and Dragon Quest.
Devastating news. Hopefully his family was able to mourn in peace because it will be nonstop now that it is public.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Oh Em Gee. I can't believe the entitlement here.

Vanillaware have the numbers and YOU. DO. NOT! It's releasing on 4 platforms, if you're so desperate to play it just spend the hundreds on one.

They don't owe you a thing, if they want to go bankrupt instead of porting to the cheapest platform even though I'll scream porting isn't easy and free then that's their right.

Worst news ever to wake up to.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I hope that EA sells a ton with yesterdays classic game re-releases. I hope that it makes the rounds that they sell a lot and that other big/old publishers take note. So many of them sit on vast archives of lovely old games that dont exist on digital stores – and then sometimes only on GOG for some reason.. and I'm not speaking about remasters or anything... just make them run; do the bare minimum ... but release them, on Steam, like EA did, for a nice price. I dunno why so many publishers are so hesistant about their old games, or seem to think they need to push out a remaster / a remake, when the original packaged with DOSbox would be perfectly fine.

--
In the SimCity 3000 Steam forums, people asked about SimCity 2000, and here's an interesting one: while SC2000 isnt on Steam, GOG has the DOS version, but not the - if you ask me, better - Windows version, because it has some minor problems with the Windows 16 bit components. Its easily fixable though. But on Linux, it runs without a hassle thanks to Wine and its superior legacy Windows support.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Can't buy Dungeon Keep because France is seemingly another planet. Come to think of it, I think it applies to Populous, too.
Pretty sure I have them on Gog, your loss EA :shrugblob:

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Can't buy Dungeon Keep because France is seemingly another planet. Come to think of it, I think it applies to Populous, too.
thats really weird, is it not showing in the store, or some other error?

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I hope that EA sells a ton with yesterdays classic game re-releases. I hope that it makes the rounds that they sell a lot and that other big/old publishers take note. So many of them sit on vast archives of lovely old games that dont exist on digital stores – and then sometimes only on GOG for some reason.. and I'm not speaking about remasters or anything... just make them run; do the bare minimum ... but release them, on Steam, like EA did, for a nice price. I dunno why so many publishers are so hesistant about their old games, or seem to think they need to push out a remaster / a remake, when the original packaged with DOSbox would be perfectly fine.

--
In the SimCity 3000 Steam forums, people asked about SimCity 2000, and here's an interesting one: while SC2000 isnt on Steam, GOG has the DOS version, but not the - if you ask me, better - Windows version, because it has some minor problems with the Windows 16 bit components. Its easily fixable though. But on Linux, it runs without a hassle thanks to Wine and its superior legacy Windows support.
It’s probably about opportunity costs. It does “cos” a publisher money to release older games on Steam since they have to pay the salaries of whoever works on getting the releases ready (like setting up the store pages). You can usually only sell older games for a pretty low price so they got to make a decision if not only do they think they’ll make money off of the release, but if it’s worth their employee time to release the old games instead of having them do something else that could bring in more revenue.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
It’s probably about opportunity costs. It does “cos” a publisher money to release older games on Steam since they have to pay the salaries of whoever works on getting the releases ready (like setting up the store pages). You can usually only sell older games for a pretty low price so they got to make a decision if not only do they think they’ll make money off of the release, but if it’s worth their employee time to release the old games instead of having them do something else that could bring in more revenue.
I'll do it for them for free ;P

• Toucan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah thought that was weird too, tried to find them on steam but couldnt. Did Molyneux piss off someone here or what since it seems to be Bullfrog games that aren't available.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Strange, there is no artwork, and when I put it in my cart there is no game name. But the price is here. Don't know if Steam will let me go all the way.

Dungeon Keeper 1-2 has just been released in France, maybe it's EA trying to find us on a map.
I just saw this in a discussion over at GamingOnLinux, someone else mentioned not seeing the Bullfrog games and then another responded that using the /sub/ links works; but if DK has released, Im assuming it was a bug thats being fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.