Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
A friend is actually defending the decision by Amazon of charging upfront for preorders. Capitalism does some wild shit on people's mind I tell you
Jeff Bezos is my friend! I love him and he loves me! Now let me order this 12 pack of peanut butter real quick.. no I don't need it. I WANT it. :p

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Jeff Bezos is my friend! I love him and he loves me! Now let me order this 12 pack of peanut butter real quick.. no I don't need it. I WANT it. :p
His argument is that preordering in order to play the beta and cancelling is something shitty to do, generates lossess for the companies and other stupid shit. Poor, poor Activision and Bobby Kotick, wont have their record profit next year and will have to fire other 800 people :( all because those heartless gamers who preordered and cancelled it. Can someone PLEASE think of the corporations?!

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I mean that is shitty, no doubt about it (admittedly using betas as pre-order incentives is too). But it a) only affects a select few videogames and certainly isn't the reason for a store-wide policy and b) I can still cancel and get my money back. Which will result in more costs (fees) which in the end will trickle down (the only thing that ever does) to customers.

Not heard anything about this for Germany yet thankfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: PossiblyPudding

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I mean that is shitty, no doubt about it (admittedly using betas as pre-order incentives is too). But it a) only affects a select few videogames and certainly isn't the reason for a store-wide policy and b) I can still cancel and get my money back. Which will result in more costs (fees) which in the end will trickle down (they only thing that ever does) to customers.

I disagree with it being shitty. People are just making the best they can with a bad system. They're arent stealing the codes or proerders.Betas, demos and stuff used to be free, now companies have found ways of monetize that.

And I know this is moving the goalposts but Amazon forced their employees to pee in a bottle in order to keep their job so whatever morality debate regarding them is pointless IMO.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Presumably the Amazon thing isn't actually about pre-order benefits. I can't imagine the number of people pre-ordering for a beta code and then cancelling are that significant a number of people (it's probably just a niche group of nerds), and I can't imagine the game developers really care in the end since it's free beta and server testing for them.

I would assume it's more about a very misguided attempt related to people hoarding games and consoles pre-release to resell, especially deluxe copies and such. Considering how much compensation I've gotten out of Amazon (free credit a bunch of times) when they miss my pre-order date, I would guess that's what's costing them money. I very much doubt it'll do anything, but if the up-front charge did make it so that I actually get my games on release date...I think I might actually be okay with it since their allocation for about 60% of the games I've ordered in the last year has been terrible.

Reactions: NarohDethan

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
This is literally the best month ever for me lmao. Bought it at 9$ to begin with, then I sold BO4 starter at 9$. And now they also give me the whole fucking thing? I'll literally profit of this bundle now and get every other game for free :money-mouth-face:
Wow, they actually giving away the standard edition? How nice of them.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
This is literally the best month ever for me lmao. Bought it at 9$ to begin with, then I sold BO4 starter at 9$. And now they also give me the whole fucking thing? I'll literally profit of this bundle now and get every other game for free :money-mouth-face:
Yeah its hilarious that they gave the Standard Edition as a completely seperate key and not an upgrade. I regret redeeming my battle edition instead of selling it :p

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls got delayed
Maybe Woodhead objected to PC release? I mean, I wouldn't want my child to be released on a platform awash with anime.
Woodhead is a bigger weeb than all of us combined

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Sequence (in only a few minutes browsing just now):
  1. Apparently Super Mario Maker 2 does have local coop -> interest++
  2. But then I think I'll need to pay for Nintendo Online to play other people's levels... not keen on that
  3. News headline: Get 12 months Nintendo Online with Twitch Prime!
  4. ... I guess I'll have to

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I just wanted to share Kenshi's OST. I've raved a lot about Kenshi already, but I don't think the Soundtrack is brought up enough. It's really good, and beautifully captures the themes of the game. I've been listening to it outside of the game lately.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
That's quite the deal.

I've been eager to play it again, especially now that they're done releasing new content. The Hardcore mode especially is really appealing to me.
What's this hardcore mode? More punishing survival needs?

If anything, I'd like to make things easier, especially the mod to enable save anytime without having to drink the schnapps and maybe the easier lockpick one.

Anyway, the game caught me off guard. It's a freaking 50GB download. :negative-blob:

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
What's this hardcore mode? More punishing survival needs?

If anything, I'd like to make things easier, especially the mod to enable save anytime without having to drink the schnapps and maybe the easier lockpick one.

Anyway, the game caught me off guard. It's a freaking 50GB download. :negative-blob:
It's quite a few things. Some of them I used to already avoid doing, such as using fast travel and quest markers. I refused to whistle-teleport my horse too, but sadly that's not part of this.

Hardcore Mode

• North, South, East, and West will no longer be visible on the compass, so be sure to check the time of day and where the sun is located (rises in the East, sets in the West).
  • Waypoints are shown only when you get close to them.
  • Fast travel isn't possible in Hardcore Mode.
  • There is no autosaving. The game can only be saved by drinking Saviour Schnapps, sleeping in your own bed, paying for a bathhouse full service, or exiting the game (deletes once the game is started up again).
  • You can't rely on eating from the cooking pots. The best way to regenerate health is to sleep. Food and healing potions take quite a while to kick in.
    You're only alerted to your current health and stamina levels by means of in-game visual effects.
  • Combat is more realistic in Hardcore Mode. Strikes have a more realistic impact, and engaging in combat with an experienced warrior without wearing quality armor is very deadly.
  • Traders pay less for goods and rewards are lower overall. Repairing items are even costlier.
In addition to these changes you have to pick at least two negative perks. One that really catches my eye is:
  • Sonambulant: Fun perk. There is a slight chance you will wake up somewhere else than where you fell asleep. Provides quite a challenge when you wake up in an unknown place and can't see your position on the map. Very rarely you can also sleepwalk your place to some secret areas.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It's quite a few things. Some of them I used to already avoid doing, such as using fast travel and quest markers. I refused to whistle-teleport my horse too, but sadly that's not part of this.

Hardcore Mode

• North, South, East, and West will no longer be visible on the compass, so be sure to check the time of day and where the sun is located (rises in the East, sets in the West).
  • Waypoints are shown only when you get close to them.
  • Fast travel isn't possible in Hardcore Mode.
  • There is no autosaving. The game can only be saved by drinking Saviour Schnapps, sleeping in your own bed, paying for a bathhouse full service, or exiting the game (deletes once the game is started up again).
  • You can't rely on eating from the cooking pots. The best way to regenerate health is to sleep. Food and healing potions take quite a while to kick in.
    You're only alerted to your current health and stamina levels by means of in-game visual effects.
  • Combat is more realistic in Hardcore Mode. Strikes have a more realistic impact, and engaging in combat with an experienced warrior without wearing quality armor is very deadly.
  • Traders pay less for goods and rewards are lower overall. Repairing items are even costlier.
In addition to these changes you have to pick at least two negative perks. One that really catches my eye is:
  • Sonambulant: Fun perk. There is a slight chance you will wake up somewhere else than where you fell asleep. Provides quite a challenge when you wake up in an unknown place and can't see your position on the map. Very rarely you can also sleepwalk your place to some secret areas.
My reaction to each bullet point:

Reactions: prudis and Arulan

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
London Mysteria, Senran Kagura Peach Ball and Reflexions coming to PC:

Also they're showing the PC version of Halo Reach on Mixer:

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019

Ah yes, needed my foot rubbing action on PC

/s

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls got delayed
I was looking forward to this. I always hated IP right mess.

:wd_rain:

And only a single Falcom game in the lineup. The age of XSEED is done.

Still keen on London Detective Mysteria, though.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
All this talk of Max Payne 3 made me buy it, I've been meaning to get it for the longest time. Quite enjoyed Max Payne 1 and 2, now to wait on the 30 gig install...

Reactions: RionaaM and MJunioR

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019

oh damn I didn't think they'd port those, that's great news, I already bought all the reflexions stuff on eshop but I might hold out for the PC version of peach ball

Reactions: 「Echo」

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
What the hell is humble doing. I dont want zombies! I already sold my COD battle edition key, what happens now? Why wouldnt they just reveal the entire game from the get go, I am guessing so that they can add even less to the bundle once unlocked.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Croixleur Sigma is being delisted from Steam on June 1st (Saturday). Apparently PLAYISM is taking over the rights.

Game will be 65% off tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.