Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Man, RE 8 is so much fun. It has just the right amount of campiness to it and I love it. It also borrows some elements from RE 4, too. And the castle's art design is stellar. It's like the old RE pre-rendered backgrounds have come to life.

The only thing missing is Ethan suplexing an enemy. Give me that, and it'll me my GOTY. :p But I guess Ethan's hand abuse is a fun running gag too!

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
OT rant, sorry but I need to share the pain.

I did the stupidest thing I could do, I'm an expert, I watched a miniature painting video.
So I dug out the old paint tools, the unfinished minis and... well for starters my cat is insufferable, bite the minis, bite the brush, drink the water, wash his paws in it too.
Then I realized that I just can't see the details anymore. Can you imagine the feeling ? I was prepared to curse my shaking hands, but that. I am heartbroken.

I don't know what to do. Obviously take an[UWSL] ophthalmologist appointment, but I fear that my painting days are over.[/UWSL]

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

I did the stupidest thing I could do, I'm an expert, I watched a miniature painting video.
So I dug out the old paint tools, the unfinished minis and... well for starters my cat is insufferable, bite the minis, bite the brush, drink the water, wash his paws in it too.
Then I realized that I just can't see the details anymore. Can you imagine the feeling ? I was prepared to curse my shaking hands, but that. I am heartbroken.

I don't know what to do. Obviously take an[UWSL] ophthalmologist appointment, but I fear that my painting days are over.[/UWSL]
My wife wears glasses. She also paints, has the paintings in local galleries and sells them.
Your painting days are not over unless you let them be over.

Edit: I should also wear glasses but I can never be bothered to find them. When I do close up work with things I use a magnifying light, circular, LED lights around the outside with a magnifying glass in the middle. Its great.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Lots of painter use a magnifying glass for detail work. My eyes are knackered so it'd be no good for me anyway but it's something to keep in mind as Kafiend said.

• Love
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
My wife wears glasses. She also paints, has the paintings in local galleries and sells them.
Your painting days are not over unless you let them be over.

Edit: I should also wear glasses but I can never be bothered to find them. When I do close up work with things I use a magnifying light, circular, LED lights around the outside with a magnifying glass in the middle. Its great.
Thank you.
The thing is, of all the stupid things to be upset about. I nearly sold all my collection, I was over, big deal. But realizing your are not capable of doing basic things you could before is taking a toll on me right now.
I need to sleep on it. I sure don’t have the money to paint minis, not even sure I‘m that interested, there is a big nostalgia factor at play here.
But essential tremors and loss of vision, maybe because of diabete ? Fuck, can I catch a break here ?
I need to think about it, it’s true that there must be solutions, or at least helping tools. Painters don’t stop painting at 40-50...

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
One tip for the Cat is to put a box like the type that paper comes in or the lid to that paper box by the side of you. The half-height boxes or lids are cat magnets and the cat will gravitate towards sitting in the box and watching you do stuff rather than wander all over your stuff while you are painting. Cat happily sits in box and watches you do stuff and you get to do stuff. Win-win.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Don't catastrophize, I know loosing eyesight sucks but you will be able to paint. Just get new glasses, which can be hard but hey.

Also, I'm glad you were happy to try and paint again!

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
So, uh. a capital ship suddenly appealed on SC's PTU. As in, bigger than a Javelin and the subreddit is melting in screenshots. It's the Bengal.

Yeah, that Bengal. And it's absolutely. Fucking. Glorious.

990 meters' worth of fully realized, unashamedly high-poly and pom decal-displaced, obscenely detailed and hard surface modeling work of art, PBR'd to the brim and texture atlas layered to the bulkheads, badass spaceship carrier. The level of detail on this beast cannot be understated, and we only have the exterior because spoilers (and performance, probably).

Current mood. I mean, look at it.

I don't think I'm going to bed until I can see it.

Last edited:

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
please guys, talk me out of playing Burning Crusade next month.
I am 80% sure that I won't play it but there is some nagging in the back of my head.
I would only play solo and if I remember correctly, TBC had the least solo content.

Why didn't they release Wrath instead? :/ I wasn't playing when wrath was originally released, it has dungeon finder, achievements and quests that I never did. TBC just feels like a middle child that no-one wants.
TBC is pretty boring if you only want to play solo. Even then, eh....I had interest in returning, but the community for me more or less killed it.

Reactions: Kyougar

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Don't catastrophize, I know loosing eyesight sucks but you will be able to paint. Just get new glasses, which can be hard but hey.

Also, I'm glad you were happy to try and paint again!
Oh, painting is very problematic for me, but those issues are specific to my situation and best left to the mental thread. Like the voice screaming ‘dude, you’re 42, unemployed and you want to... paint plastic toys ?’
And that‘s a ruinous hobby.

But man, when you are in the zone, this is something.
And come to think of it, part of the reason I came back and crashed, there is a sort of addiction, no matter how long it has been, you can fall for it again.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

They're going back and bringing California up to their current standards. Reskinning, rebuilding cities, and so on.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Oh, painting is very problematic for me, but those issues are specific to my situation and best left to the mental thread. Like the voice screaming ‘dude, you’re 42, unemployed and you want to... paint plastic toys ?’
And that‘s a ruinous hobby.

But man, when you are in the zone, this is something.
And come to think of it, part of the reason I came back and crashed, there is a sort of addiction, no matter how long it has been, you can fall for it again.
Mental health is the difference between a day spent painting for hours and forcing myself to do it for barely an hour out of guilt. Age doesn't change what you need, so I think you may not want to begrudge yourself what makes you happy. There's a lot more to life than age and having a job. This world is much bigger than all of that, though I definitively understand the worries.

I just think those small moments of happiness and pure delight and felicity are part of what living is about and denying yourself that would be horrible.

Edit : speaking of felicity and happiness. Who needs a life when you've got spaceships. I have to admit, this moment is pretty special to me. I'm getting goosebumps when catching glimpses of any megastructure while hoping to finally see the big boy.

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
In my experience they'll just become good friends and Li Kao will have two terrors to deal with as they tag-team being annoying to him.
My experience is that the dog will be scared of the cat so they'll bark at you to help them because they are too scared to walk down the hallway or up the stairs on their own when the cat is there.

This old girl is just a big coward.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
please guys, talk me out of playing Burning Crusade next month.
I am 80% sure that I won't play it but there is some nagging in the back of my head.
I would only play solo and if I remember correctly, TBC had the least solo content.

Why didn't they release Wrath instead? :/ I wasn't playing when wrath was originally released, it has dungeon finder, achievements and quests that I never did. TBC just feels like a middle child that no-one wants.
I can explain why they did this. Because they are going in order. Classic->TBC->Wrath, etc. Don't play their bad game.

I did play when Wrath was out (quit about 1/2 way through that expansion for good), and let me tell you dungeon finder? It wasn't in Wrath to start with. That was all added later either in future expansions or patches. Achievements were added slightly before Wrath but Weather's the first expansion since they came in, I think. Maybe TBC had em, I forget. Either way, it was lame. There definitely were some good quests in Wrath (phasing was a new thing!), But don't trick yourself. Wow quests are pretty shitty at storytelling untill way later on.

Don't go back into that dark hole of a game. There are too many great other games to play instead. Unless you really do just have lots of free time that you don't want anymore... In which case, go with your deity of choice brave soldier.

Reactions: xinek and Kyougar

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It kinda is not surprising that RE8 reached big numbers on Steam but it is kinda surprising that it sits at 93% of positive reviews after over 8K reviews.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Steam user reviews barely are in line with official reviews.
pretty much, as long as you are big enough and don't shit the bed you'll get to Very Positive
If anything I think moving away from a binary y/n rating would be much more useful

Reactions: Tomasety

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Getting really tired of not having my PC. I'm glad I have Ghost of Tsushima on my PS4 to keep me busy, otherwise this would be really frustrating.
Also been going back to Driveclub, I have a great time playing that game. Beating a required time by a few miliseconds after a ton of attempts never gets old (this applies to every racing game of course).

So, for the peeps with insider info, any word on 13 sentinels coming to PC?

• Sad
Reactions: Kyougar and lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I tapped out from Nier Replicant after getting ending B and just watched endings C and D on YouTube. Route B was already a slog and I have zero desire to do it again.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I am curious how deathloop combat is gonna be like; will mobs chase you until you manage to hide and in turn cause them to stop rushing at you?
I am so used to 0laying arkane games stealth but force powers + shotgun in deathloop calls to my soul.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat
Status
Not open for further replies.