Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I've noticed on Twitch that streamers from Korea are growing due to Steam. Snowrunner is increasing viewers on Twitch where they are playing the Steam version. With multistore releases like Days Gone and Below Zero, Korean streamers are getting a lot of views and they are using Steam. Just an interesting observation for me.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Invaded by dark spirit Pinocchio of the Boreal Valley!
Interesting choice, but it looks pretty tame right now.

In other news, I'm playing Resident Evil.
Resident Evil 4 because no monies.
It's still fun! Except the QTEs.

But I realized that I don't have RE5 on Steam for some reason :thinking-face: I'll try to get it and go on to RE6 after that.
If you're still looking for RE5, the Gold Edition is currently a bit over $6 at CDKeys

Speaking of CDKeys, they have a May Sale going too, there's some pretty good prices in it

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I've noticed on Twitch that streamers from Korea are growing due to Steam. Snowrunner is increasing viewers on Twitch where they are playing the Steam version. With multistore releases like Days Gone and Below Zero, Korean streamers are getting a lot of views and they are using Steam. Just an interesting observation for me.
Actually, could you please send me a private message with a few screenshots of those streams? that's something I would like to analyze and check alongside the steam releases, if you don't mind ^^

Reactions: Prodigy and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Actually, could you please send me a private message with a few screenshots of those streams? that's something I would like to analyze and check alongside the steam releases, if you don't mind ^^
Im on my phone currently, so can't really atm, but I really just checked the game's streaming "pages" on Twitch.

Reactions: lashman and Mor

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
Just speedran my way through Ghostrunner once again. This game is just an absolute joy to play. It took me 4 hours. It should have been less, but I redid a few levels more than once to beat all my friendslist times (for example, fantomena, you hold no more records buddy XD). Had I not done that, it would've probably taken 30minutes or so less.

This game is just my freaking cup of tea. And now with Nvidia reflex too! Everything is so smooth. The soundtrack is a blast. The visuals are stunning. The story is actually pretty great.

I mean, it was my goty 2020 for a reason.

Looking forward to Ghostrunner 2 so much.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Im on my phone currently, so can't really atm, but I really just checked the game's streaming "pages" on Twitch.

Got a picture of this fella with Steam open and playing the game, good good, thanks.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Ah that feeling in Subnautica when you've been out in the big blue and cowered and crawled your way around the monsters in the deep to pick up some much needed resources and then return to your home base. As it slowly comes into view the relief that its over for a while and you can set about moving things from one container to another in a safe comfortable environment.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The video starts with a Persona game.
So....
Well it is ranked #5 :p I can understand if the actual (gameplay) design of the dungeons is basic, but at least their thematic presentation is done well.

While I disagree with the picks somewhat, it was a nice cute video :3

Just a personal tidbit.
Much as I like FF9, FF9 'dungeons' are pretty basic and straight forward, they are visually nice, but there aren't overly annoying puzzles or the like

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I'm afraid that playing with 144fps Gsync will ruin 60fps games for me and I'm seriously considering keeping it at 60, am I insane? (yes)

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I'm afraid that playing with 144fps Gsync will ruin 60fps games for me and I'm seriously considering keeping it at 60, am I insane? (yes)
i had the same problem, still got a 144fps/1440p/Gsync-Compatible, and really worth it, some games dont run well 1440p (with my gtx1070) but still amazing experience with gsync.

Reactions: Pommes

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
I've been saying this for a while.

Korean , Russian subcontinent and LATAM regions' streaming influence on the growth and popularity of PC gaming is massively underrated and under-appreciated

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Possibly.

I would imagine the drastic, near instant temperature change (if you just blast the thing at close range, like I did) is more than capable of cracking the most delicate solders and components.
That's the one i meant to say as well!
You have to be damned unlucky to break things with canned air but you don't want to go using it for long periods and frequently.
I just borrow my housemate's computer anti-static blower he brings home from work but it's expensive for what it is and for how often i'd use it. I just make sure i clean my fan filters regularly.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Everyone's different but after downgrading from a 3080 to a 1070, for me it depends on the game. Twitch fps like doom eternal or borderlands 3 feels off for me even at 60-90 fps range. But slower games like village, red dead, asscreed is still enjoyable at 40-60 fps for me now as it is at 120 fps or higher.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Play a game like Doom 2016/Eternal for a while at 120/144 FPS. Then cap it to 60 and see how you feel. :p It'll make you want to throw up.

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Stevey

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Paradox has it online convention in the next three days:

The most interesting part is probably the Announcement Show tomorrow evening (20.00 CET; roughly 24 hours from now).

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Play a game like Doom 2016/Eternal for a while at 120/144 FPS. Then cap it 60 and see how you feel. :p It'll make you want to throw up.
I divided all values by 10 to get from hypothetical to realistic.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Let's hope the strategy "I want more imaginary money" will work out. I seriously doubt it will.
Maybe if they leave Steam and consoles (lol, yeah right),they'll realise the difference between "money I would like to have had" and "actual money you can earn in the real world".
They can just make their own console and release the games exclusively for that.
100% profit this way
:smart-thinking-blob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
OH ! If we are talking monitor, my relatively brand new one is making me shit bricks these days. I still think it's a software issue but jeez.
Basically, each time I open an openoffice document, and rarely when doing other things like that, my monitor goes black for 1/2 second, like when you change resolution.

What. The. Fuck ? :anguished-face:
Anyone ?

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Not saying what you get is all fine move along but, occasionally get it on game exit on my TV/monitor. Always assumed it was to do with sluggish resolution changes from 2k gaming to 4k Desktop + a little bit of text magnification to 150%.

Reactions: Li Kao

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Iceborne looks sooooooooo good. :sweaty-blob:
I love the snow. Turf wars continue to be stunning. The new claw moves are super cool too.
So I was fighting this ice-shark-lizard monster. Grappled his head and was going to use the explosion move to shove it towards a wall and stun it.
I did shove it against the wall. Then I started hearing rumblings and it looked like some stones/snow was starting to fall from the wall.
I'm like "wait, did I trigger an avalanche, no way right?". Well I did! Kinda. The entire wall broke down and an avalanche shoved monster and me down into a newly uncovered cave.

That was amazing.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Doubt it will and honestly I'm not sure I wanna know how it ends without the story being told by Miura
Young Animal will still publish the issues which hasn't been collected into a tankobon, so hopefully we'll see volume #41 once Dark Horse publishes it in the west.

As for the continuation of the story, I'm perfectly content with the story left as it is, after all (late issues) the return of Casca is almost perfect as a bookend to the story as a whole.

It probably won't stop fans from writing doujins(*) just to see the ending they wanted, though.

(*) Not to be confused with H-doujins.

Reactions: Li Kao

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
What the what?

I...don't understand.

Logistical 3: Earth moved away from the module DLC in L1 &L2. Instead offering up every country on the entire planet. No idea why dev is going back to piecemeal DLC.

Strange move. Perhaps the individual modules will be more detailed than their counterparts in L3: Earth. But as it stands, I just don't see the point.

Reactions: lashman

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Swenhir you still using Shadow PC? There doesn't appear to be an official press release or update stating it via text, but apparently on stream today they talked about how Shadow PC price is going to $30 fucking dollars a month now. Just one tier (the lowest, Boost), all upper tiers canceled. Maybe some hardware upgrades later in the year (uh huh). WTF.

Son of a bitch, this is my main way of playing games as far too many are not available on GFN.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
OH ! If we are talking monitor, my relatively brand new one is making me shit bricks these days. I still think it's a software issue but jeez.
Basically, each time I open an openoffice document, and rarely when doing other things like that, my monitor goes black for 1/2 second, like when you change resolution.

What. The. Fuck ? :anguished-face:
I had a very strange "random 1/2 second of black screen" issue that I never properly understood.

A years or two ago, I was playing Sekiro with ReShade. (1st playthrough; I installed ReShade right away, because I didn't like the washed out colors at first. I had the monitor for 2+ years at this point.).

After 10-ish hours (over several sessions) I got a half-second of black screen, apropos of nothing. Then another a couple of hours later. Then another, say, an hour later, and another and another, with increasing frequency, to the point that it detracted from gameplay. Restarting the game helped, but not a lot. I told myself: "Sekiro has issues".

Then I started getting them when not in game. Ah. I told myself, "actually it's a windows / drivers / whatever issue, possibly aggravated by running Sekiro". Maybe I updated something at the same time I started playing the game. Since I only use Windows for gaming (I have a Linux dual-boot), I spend little time in Windows and not in game. Still, strange that the frequency of black screens increases so visibly while playing; the longer the session, the greater the increase.

Then, after a long Sekiro session, I rebooted into Linux to get on with my day. Email. Blah blah. And then it started. I quickly got a random black screen. And another. Whatever it was, it was a hardware issue. I did not touch Sekiro for weeks (I played something else), and it gradually went away.

Months later, I tried Sekiro again, wondering if I had imagined a correlation between Sekiro and the issue, or whether it had been an accidental correlation perhaps. At first all was fine, but after a couple of hours it started again. No longer any doubt about the culprit.

At this point, I remembered about ReShade and removed it. Still played Sekiro. I now have ~220 hours in it. The frequency of black screens kept diminishing, and after a couple of months disappeared almost entirely.

So it was ReShade. There was something in it that somehow "fatigued" either my GPU or my screen. I have no idea how such a thing is even technically possible.

(I have another mysterious issue where the screen sometimes goes black, and stays black, highly correlated to my getting out of my chair (!!?). I have to restart it with the button when that happens. It started rather recently. I assumed something to do with cables being jiggled by vibrations or whatever, but couldn't reproduce, don't have a single, solitary clue.)

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.