Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, all kinds of games revenue growing from 2019 -> 2020 should be the baseline expectation., I read somewhere that the entire industry growth was 77% (!). Which makes the drop in Fortnite revenue noteworthy, even though it is smaller than the drop from 2018 -> 2019.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
[UWSL]It grew in revenue![/UWSL]
F2P also means free to pay :smart-thinking-blob:

They also brought the engagement-focused Fortnite BP model there and ditched loot box stuff right?

So rather than fishing for whales, they’re going for keeping people busy. That’s a strong model nowadays based on how popular it is.

I’d wager that Destiny 2 makes more now that it’s F2P than they did before too.

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It's 2021 and you still use hotmail? If you want something that's easy to use and don't care about anything else then get Gmail. If you care a bit about privacy, get something end-to-end encrypted like Protonmail.
But how people stay with hotmail or worse yahoo email I can't understand.
Ive had these emails for more than 10 years, :shrugblob:

My hotmail.email was among the first i ever created 20 years ago and use it to this day.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I still have my Hotmail account (created back in 1996), although I just use the POP mail feature to forward any incoming emails to my "real" Inbox for the past 20 years.

Reactions: QFNS

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Yep, old Hotmail user here too. so many things need accounts over the years i just never bothered getting rid of it when i switched. I have it forwarded to Gmail.

Reactions: QFNS

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The only reason we stay with our ISP is because my wife can't stand the idea of losing email addresses which are tied to our current provider.

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I, too, still have a hotmail account. :p Gmail is my primary. Although, nearly every Australian corporation/business I've worked for and with seem to pretty much use Outlook as their primary e-mail provider.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
I have still msn.com mail address. Probably 20 years old

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The input management UI for Steam Link has gotten a lot better in this recent update. Really good stuff. Or maybe I didn’t pay attention until now. Holding back on a controller allows you to swap between a variety of input configurations on the fly. Very useful.

Last edited:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I have my original hotmail since sometime in the late 90s(MSN messenger shenanigans), and I too have 2 accounts, my original is now only for spam stuff, and my second is only for windows login and xbox on pc stuff.

• Sad

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Is kafiend already dead and this is kafiend's wife posting?
My murder was avoided :p

Edit: although in fairness, mainly because our car got trashed quite a bit when it was parked up while my wife was out and about and standing a 100 yards away. The person who did it just drove away, so anything I might have spent went unnoticed.

Also: people are dickheads.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I use Hotmail, i have a bunch of accounts i use regularly.
I only use my gmail accounts for my phone and youtube. I think i log into my gmail accounts from a browser maybe twice a year just so they look active.

• Sad

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Anyone here who has impressions of Contradiction old version vs the new overhauled one? I didn't play it before.

EDIT:
After looking further into this: "new interface, better controller handling, better video quality and much improved audio quality. The game also now autosaves to ensure you'll never lose any progress, even if the game closes without exiting" "plus the colours are a bit more saturated."

It's pretty cool that you can still access the old version if you want to. Not every dev implements branches!

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Anyone here who has impressions of Contradiction old version vs the new overhauled one? I didn't play it before.

EDIT:
After looking further into this: "new interface, better controller handling, better video quality and much improved audio quality. The game also now autosaves to ensure you'll never lose any progress, even if the game closes without exiting" "plus the colours are a bit more saturated."

It's pretty cool that you can still access the old version if you want to. Not every dev implements branches!
yo what
Contradiction got an update o_O

• Comfy
  • This!
Reactions: QFNS and lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Remember when Wolfire & Sean sued for Steam increasing prices? :p
I've been thinking, bare with me here, this is just a bunch of assumptions;

We knew that Apple would use Valve as an example against Epic, and we knew that Humble had an agreement with Epic, and apparently Wolfire guys are still at Humble, so, the Wolfire lawsuit against Valve is pretty convenient for Epic to undermine Apples argument, since the Wolfire lawsuit is pretty baseless and without merit.

/tinfoil hat

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
  • This!
Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Mechwarrior 5 hitting Steam and GOG on May 27 and adding crossplay. The price has also been dropped to 29.99
Honestly, I'm looking forward to this. If the regional pricing is at least half decent I'll probably get it day 1.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I recall that MW5 had a huge amount of drama and discontent surrounding its parent company, PGI. I would be very cautious around this one.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Why didnt you highlight egs as well?
Because they clearly weren't in the green. :highfiveblob:

It's 2021 and you still use hotmail? If you want something that's easy to use and don't care about anything else then get Gmail. If you care a bit about privacy, get something end-to-end encrypted like Protonmail.
But how people stay with hotmail or worse yahoo email I can't understand.
I use both frequently, but I actually prefer Outlook over Gmail! I didn't think it was possible but they really managed to deliver an intuitive layout with useful features, especially with regards to spam/junk mails.

Also, the less I have on Google the better. It's not like Microsoft is necessarily any better, but I prefer to not have all my data with Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.