NEW ROSS JUST DROPPED

You know where to share

:wd_p:

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Watching that Necromunda video and it looks great, i'm loving the british accents they fit so well. lol.
Yes, there is a story, just don't expect more than action movie and you'll be happy. So far, it's no E.Y.E. and i'm fine with that.

edit: People are already whining about the female VA just like they whined about regional british accents in XC2 and i'm loving it. lol. Whine more!

edit: A bit more of a watch and yeah, after an hour it's what i expected. A small team made an FPS with tons of style and servicable gameplay. Don't expect subtlety and you'll have a fun time. Well, you probably won't hate it.

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Finished The Wild at Heart. It took me about 12 hrs to complete without rushing through. It's a fairly simple game, that never really gets as deep/difficult as it could with the Pikmin style gameplay. It still managed to keep my attention, and it's very beautiful. I played via GP and had no issues aside from some performance ones. $25 seems a bit on the steep side to me, so it was the perfect GP/Choice game for me.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, I was tempted to bite on Necromunda yesterday, but not totally sold. From what I saw, well for starters I fear environment variety won’t be big, contrasted enough. It’s a fucking 40k hive city after all. Enemies take a little too many bullets to take down (or the streamers were bad at aiming) and the cc finisher seems to be a little too essential. And as lashman said, modern Doom vibes, aka ‘arena’ design.
And I don’t hate but really don’t love arena fps.

Of course I will be proven wrong in a matter of hours, it will be a must play and the game will be 10 euros more on cdkeys. Because it works like that :anguished-face:

• Sad

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yeah, I was tempted to bite on Necromunda yesterday, but not totally sold. From what I saw, well for starters I fear environment variety won’t be big, contrasted enough. It’s a fucking 40k hive city after all. Enemies take a little too many bullets to take down (or the streamers were bad at aiming) and the cc finisher seems to be a little too essential. And as lashman said, modern Doom vibes, aka ‘arena’ design.
And I don’t hate but really don’t love arena fps.

Of course I will be proven wrong in a matter of hours, it will be a must play and the game will be 10 euros more on cdkeys. Because it works like that :anguished-face:
Put your money towards a proper worthwhile game
Ghouls n Ghosts resurrection

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
And that's Wasteland 2 finished. Only 112h of play time :sweaty-blob:
As said in the appropriate thread, I'm conflicted. It's far too long for its own good, the welcome was outlasted by a great margin. There are rare but huge difficulty spikes. Some irritating bugs. Shit and abrupt ending. Relatively ugly. But as a whole ? If not the best CRPG I played, it's the best I played in years. You want a CRPG, you could do much worse, this is some really good shit.

On another note, I think I'm dropping Little Nightmares 1. I know the game is super short and I have already gotten past the first zone, but I got zero interest or pleasure in playing this genre of games these days. I mean, it's not bad, I just don't care.
And as much as it pains me, I stopped my replay of Disgaea 1, too much grind. I suppose it's time for me to start behaving like a sane adult and not try to play whole franchises I'm LTTP in. So will maybe try 5 or 6 someday.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
112 hours of Wasteland 2 is kinda crazy, took me only 60 hours personally. To be fair, I might not have completely literally everything in the game, but that's still a huge discrepancy.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
112 hours of Wasteland 2 is kinda crazy, took me only 60 hours personally. To be fair, I might not have completely literally everything in the game, but that's still a huge discrepancy.
I have no idea in what measure I'm slow or you are quick. Keep in mind that I suffer (less so these days) from reading OCD, so re-reading sentences can add up quickly. I also took my sweet time, but neither rushing nor counting flowers, just trying to do the maximum I could.

Li Kao
Did you play the original or Director's cut?
Director's Cut, why ?

-

Ok, I'm still craving CRPG and affiliated, so the next one could be... (Most probable in bold)
Bard's Tale IV DC - because why not play a blobber ?
Disco Elysium - I'm terrified at the amount of text and the English level, but localizations have been so subpar for years that I have no faith in the recent French one
Original Sin 1 DC - maybe this time I will understand how to open the fucking door in the murderer's house ? :sweaty-blob:
Might & Magic X
Pathfinder Kingmaker - People talk about merciless difficulty and 200-300 hours of playtime :sweaty-blob:
Pillars of Eternity - Bored me to death the first time around, and not convinced by the French localization
Planescape - This is my GOAT, and I have a big thing to correct at the far end of the game, something with me lacking one fucking stat point. But this is so huge, I'm not sure I will be able to reread it.
Starcrawlers
Underrail
Vaporum - See Bard's Tale IV

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I have no idea in what measure I'm slow or you are quick. Keep in mind that I suffer (less so these days) from reading OCD, so re-reading sentences can add up quickly. I also took my sweet time, but neither rushing nor counting flowers, just trying to do the maximum I could.
Luckily, we can look at the time a lot of other peope took to complete Wasteland 2:

Your time seems closer to the "completionist" playthrough, and mine to Main + Extra.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Luckily, we can look at the time a lot of other peope took to complete Wasteland 2:

Your time seems closer to the "completionist" playthrough, and mine to Main + Extra.
Hey, nice to see I'm not a complete outlier :smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Mivey

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Ok, I'm still craving CRPG and affiliated, so the next one could be... (Most probable in bold)
Bard's Tale IV DC - because why not play a blobber ?
Disco Elysium - I'm terrified at the amount of text and the English level, but localizations have been so subpar for years that I have no faith in the recent French one
Original Sin 1 DC - maybe this time I will understand how to open the fucking door in the murderer's house ? :sweaty-blob:
Might & Magic X
Pathfinder Kingmaker - People talk about merciless difficulty and 200-300 hours of playtime :sweaty-blob:
Pillars of Eternity - Bored me to death the first time around, and not convinced by the French localization
Planescape - This is my GOAT, and I have a big thing to correct at the far end of the game, something with me lacking one fucking stat point. But this is so huge, I'm not sure I will be able to reread it.
Starcrawlers
Underrail
Vaporum - See Bard's Tale IV
If you don't mind my input don't bother with Bard's Tale 4 or Starcrawlers as they are both very mediocre. Vaporum is the best blobber from your list.
Everything in D:OS is interactive, you can always destroy the door...
Pathfinder isn't difficult per se but it's long as hell, maybe too long for it's own good.
I found Underrail to be excellent up to the last zone where it fell flat on it's back and became an horrible pain to play.
PoE's enjoyment at the start might be very dependant on your starting class but if the story and setting didn't grab you it's hard to recommend as the game leans heavilly on its story and themes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Everything in D:OS is interactive, you can always destroy the door...
Damn, how could I miss that the first time around ? :anguished-face:
Or maybe I didn't want to explode the door of someone still present in the room, I can't remember.

My playthrough from release basically went....
There has been foul play, everything point to at least a part of the answer being behind a door. A closed door. No fucking key.
Invest point in Talking to Animal. Animal says there is something behind the door (fuck you, animal !)
Goes west underground, can't make sense of the puzzle
Goes east, gets wrecked by a bunch of measly wolves
Fuck everything ! :blobeyes:
It's a shame because I liked the Planescape vibe of the plot.

• Sad

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Damn, how could I miss that the first time around ? :anguished-face:
Or maybe I didn't want to explode the door of someone still present in the room, I can't remember.

My playthrough from release basically went....
There has been foul play, everything point to at least a part of the answer being behind a door. A closed door. No fucking key.
Invest point in Talking to Animal. Animal says there is something behind the door (fuck you, animal !)
Goes west underground, can't make sense of the puzzle
Goes east, gets wrecked by a bunch of measly wolves
Fuck everything ! :blobeyes:
It's a shame because I liked the Planescape vibe of the plot.
I can't remember the exact details but I'm sure the key is somewhere in town. Maybe some stealing is required.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hey, I opened a Howlongtobeat link thanks to Mivey some minutes ago, let's check the blobbers !

Vaporum (Completionist) 20 hours
Cool, not too long. Too short ? Satisfying length ? Not sure.
Well, let's check...

Bard's Tale IV DC (Completionist) 76 hours
That's a fucking lot of blobbing :so-good-blob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If you find that part difficulty just wat till the end, you're gonna pull your hair out when you try to solve
the source temple puzzle, I quit during that puzzle, I hated it.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I own the old Xbox wireless adapter, i have an offer for the new one, Tried to search about the benefits but nothing come up.

Anyone here had the old one and changed to the new one?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
MetaSteam June 2021 - The New Genesis of Empty Wallet Olympics

Good bundle on fanatical

Tier 3 is Trine 4 for $6

I only want Beholder 2 from this bundle tho @3@
Pretty neat, but I have most of it already.
I'm hoping for a Reaper or Bento bundle 🤞

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Might & Magic X
I'm halfway through Original Sin 2, but thinking of dropping it (finished it before) to try Pathfinder, but like you I have never taken the plunge because I was intimidated. Apparently it's super long and I have heard if you don't know what you are doing then you can screw yourself.

• Love
Reactions: QFNS and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm halfway through Original Sin 2, but thinking of dropping it (finished it before) to try Pathfinder, but like you I have never taken the plunge because I was intimidated. Apparently it's super long and I have heard if you don't know what you are doing then you can screw yourself.
Yeah that, too. Pathfinder, like Original Sin in some measure is a game rich with possibilities. You obviously don’t want to screw yourself, but following a guide for those super long games isn’t that rewarding either.
It’s a case of, ‘no, no hand holding !... well, maybe a little ?’
I suppose it could be partly solved by reading the mechanical part of a guide. The issue of being aware if some part of the game can fuck yourself remains.
No playing CRPG like Pathfinder multiple times isn’t an acceptable answer. I don’t have 3 lives, ffs.

• This!
Reactions: Prodigy

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Iirc you can respec so it's not really possible to screw yourself out of finishing the game. But it is a long game with lots of options and a dauntingly large pool of skills and mechanics

Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
So my brother bought Village and I started playing it through family sharing.
When I went into the menu I saw that with texture quality set to the lowest setting (0,25gb) the game maxes out my gpu's 4gb. What the hell? Textures look horrible at that setting! Is this normal?

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I've not watched it but I feel like I can guess 90% of the points... Jim needs to totally overhaul their material imo but I said similar when they came out with "I hate all games and making this be my job"
I love their stuff but I rarely make it to the end of a video. Good points but always feel like I'm being beaten over the head with them.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
They probably cannot provide you a roadmap because they have no idea how long it'll take to fix stuff, so they cannot commit to anything less nebulous.
They cannot shut up because they need to present something, at least for the investor.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
So my brother bought Village and I started playing it through family sharing.
When I went into the menu I saw that with texture quality set to the lowest setting (0,25gb) the game maxes out my gpu's 4gb. What the hell? Textures look horrible at that setting! Is this normal?
I don't think it's very accurate so I wouldn't rely on it too much. ;)

Mine was at 11.5GB and played fine on my 8GB card.

Reactions: Dragon1893
Status
Not open for further replies.