Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

I never knew that Tony Hawk performed a song.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I think Scarlet Nexus is the first game I started with an English dub and I had to swap mid game to the Japanese audio, I usually play Bamco games with the English dub because I find it's ok but this time not so much.

This game is also weird, coming after the various GE games and Code Vein it has some awkward choices like the always present photo-mode prompt (even during cutscenes!) and the need to go into the option menu to zoom in/zoom out the minimap.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
in other news, i recently managed to scramble enough coins to buy the stanley parable ultra deluxe edition on steam

honestly, i expected something else entirely, i thought it'd be "longer" in several aspects
to put it in more layman's terms, i expected a series of goosebumps books, but i instead got a collection of donald duck comics

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Going to try Twin Mirror soon. I liked Tell Me Why and replayed it the other day for the other ending.
I also really liked Vampyr for the atmosphere. I'm actually looking forward to whatever they're working on.

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Mistover is being delisted on June 30th

I was super interested in this game when it was announced, but the demo held me off and reviews have never been amazing. That said, game will not even be 3 years old and I do not think it has been on sale in quite some time.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Mistover is being delisted on June 30th

I was super interested in this game when it was announced, but the demo held me off and reviews have never been amazing. That said, game will not even be 3 years old and I do not think it has been on sale in quite some time.
Huh. Isn't this a single player game? Why would it be delisted?
Looking at the price history it was exactly 2 times on sale, the last one being at -30% almost 2 years ago. Doesn't surprise me that it doesn't sell well, but still, keeping it up for purchase and occasionally discounting it shouldn't exactly require much work and still bring a bit of money every now and then?
Weird situation.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Huh. Isn't this a single player game? Why would it be delisted?
Looking at the price history it was exactly 2 times on sale, the last one being at -30% almost 2 years ago. Doesn't surprise me that it doesn't sell well, but still, keeping it up for purchase and occasionally discounting it shouldn't exactly require much work and still bring a bit of money every now and then?
Weird situation.
It is single player and it is reallyyy weird. Especially since it is owned by PUBG maker and they are probably swimming in cash that it could not have been any monetary issue to keep the game listed. Krafton is also closing Tera so maybe they just want to clean out their published catalog. Still weird nevertheless.

I still want the game, but wanted to wait until a better sale and/or update. Apparently, a future update may have added workshop support Now any planned updates are done. I might still pick it up, but will wait to see if they put it on sale.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
The side quests sure are pointless in this game, even more than in other games, they’re also annoying because they ask you to kill xyz in a certain way

• Eyes

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Is this Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes 2?
IMHO, it's better. Having played a bit of Clash of Heroes again recently, it feels more dated and RNG dependent in comparison.

Not entirely the same game ofc, but they scratch the same itch. Grindstone is one of the best match 3 games ever made!

Last edited:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
thought my laptop would always be inferior to my desktop, but after tonight, i'm pretty sure that this laptop is actually an amazing reminder that desktops are just meh

this fucking office looking ass laptop just managed to run death stranding on a 1440p 165hz monitor on high settings with far more than 60 fps

and it costs like, only 80 dollars a month for 2 years, which is basically free for me as i have a fucking study loan every month (not the same system americans have i think; we (students at universities who are living away from relatives during study) basically get "free" money every month for rent and food, but it all piles up at the end of your education, but if you finish your education, it gets cut in half, basically, free money for now)

i have to thank my grandma's boyfriend for learning me about the fucking magictrove that is partial payment, screw the fact that i'll actually pay approximately a bit 150% of the original price over time (in rough conversion, laptop costs around 12k, i pay 80 dollars a month for 2 years, so 19k in total over the two years), this is such a fucking amazing tip, i want to fucking share it around the fucking town hall for fucks sake

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
i have to thank my grandma's boyfriend for learning me about the fucking magictrove that is partial payment, screw the fact that i'll actually pay approximately a bit 150% of the original price over time (in rough conversion, laptop costs around 12k, i pay 80 dollars a month for 2 years, so 19k in total over the two years), this is such a fucking amazing tip, i want to fucking share it around the fucking town hall for fucks sake
Maybe it's me, but this is not something that I would continue to do. Buying stuff with money that you don't have yet is a risky way to get yourself in a debt that you maybe never get out of

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Maybe it's me, but this is not something that I would continue to do. Buying stuff with money that you don't have yet is a risky way to get yourself in a debt that you maybe never get out of
i must've been not that precise with that i wrote before that quote:

i as a student get basically free money every month that goes to rent and food, which comes from the government
however, that money is a study loan that is gradually handed to you each month, and of course, at the end of your education, it gets rallied up and turned into a debt you have to pay back (but it can be dramatically cut if you finish your education, like 50%)

i get like 800 a month, after rent i have 320 dollars, plenty to pay enough for that laptop, and not only that, but if i get a bit short on money, i still get valve money every month which itself is enough to cover it once

i get study loan money 2 years more, and i pay for the laptop 2 years more; it's basically a free laptop for me, with the exception that some of my monthly money goes to it

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
thought my laptop would always be inferior to my desktop, but after tonight, i'm pretty sure that this laptop is actually an amazing reminder that desktops are just meh

this fucking office looking ass laptop just managed to run death stranding on a 1440p 165hz monitor on high settings with far more than 60 fps

and it costs like, only 80 dollars a month for 2 years, which is basically free for me as i have a fucking study loan every month (not the same system americans have i think; we (students at universities who are living away from relatives during study) basically get "free" money every month for rent and food, but it all piles up at the end of your education, but if you finish your education, it gets cut in half, basically, free money for now)

It's not that surprising that gaming laptops can be quite powerful. They use pretty much the same chips as you have on desktop these days, just clocked down a bit for thermal reasons, and getting a lower wattage.

To me the downside from a laptop is that you pay twice for the same performance as you would on desktop (in my experience, though I would guess the pricing has improved in recent years, what with GPU prices going through the roof), you have pretty much no way to upgrade the CPU or GPU, especially the latter can help a desktop machine to extend its "life time" by a ton.

of course the net benefit is that you get lots of mobility, so there are some advantages too. I wonder if the existence of the Steam Deck isn't changing things on that front too. Even better mobility, and pretty great performance for a small 800p screen.

It's great to hear that you are happy with your gaming machine, though. :)

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
It's not that surprising that gaming laptops can be quite powerful. They use pretty much the same chips as you have on desktop these days, just clocked down a bit for thermal reasons, and getting a lower wattage.

To me the downside from a laptop is that you pay twice for the same performance as you would on desktop (in my experience, though I would guess the pricing has improved in recent years, what with GPU prices going through the roof), you have pretty much no way to upgrade the CPU or GPU, especially the latter can help a desktop machine to extend its "life time" by a ton.

of course the net benefit is that you get lots of mobility, so there are some advantages too. I wonder if the existence of the Steam Deck isn't changing things on that front too. Even better mobility, and pretty great performance for a small 800p screen.

It's great to hear that you are happy with your gaming machine, though. :)
considering that my last laptop was like, barely able to run minecraft, i was just shocked that laptops could be THIS powerful, i'm still even amazed at the steam deck and how it can do what it can

in my case at least, it's more economical; my big pc uses tons of wattage compared to this one, what i would save from building a desktop would be used on playing it, plus i really needed a laptop as mine had actual stab wounds and would actually need a miracle

i'm very happy, although i considered waiting for the deck in the first place, but after hearing about partial payment and how it fit right in with my plans, as well as how the deck's time in norway isn't announced yet, i just went for the laptop

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Life is Strange 2 was great, and I for one enjoyed Tell Me Why.
Of course they also made Life is Strange 1, so mixed bag.
I enjoyed Life is Strange 1 much more than its sequel, but I still think Beyond the Storm is the best, tho that one was made by another studio. The second one was just alright, it didn't hit me like the first one and bts. I have Tell Me Why in my Steam library but it's waiting for a good occasion to play it. I would say that their track record is a bit rocky, but they have the talent to do great games.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Those icons are clue.

I guess Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order could be on next Choice, although I hope they don't decide to put Squadrons instead of it. On the other hand, I have a feeling that it matches perfectly STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II icon on Steam store.

As for the other two clues I'm working on it. I give up

Reason: Added another guess
Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
OK PEOPLE! NEED THREAD TITLE IDEAS!!!!

Assets are all ready, we just need a catchy title :blobmorning2:
MetaSteam | June 2022 - AI Love Gaming

A wordplay to the upcoming AI: The Somnium Files – Nirvana Initiative in June. "Ai" in Japanese means love, and it just sounds like "I" in English.

• Eyes
Reactions: Pommes and Tomasety

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019

Those icons are clue.

I guess Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order could be on next Choice, although I hope they don't decide to put Squadrons instead of it. On the other hand, I have a feeling that it matches perfectly STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II icon on Steam store.

As for the other two clues I'm working on it.
Has Destroy All Humans been in Humble Bundle before? If not maybe the alien is for that since they just announced the remake of 2 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.