Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea that 4060 for 299$ will be a good card for many years to come.

It will run all your modern AAA games @ 1080p max and 1440p medium. Its good enough for VR too. Also enough to fuck around with some minor ray tracing stuff and overall only 110w average is delicious.

Not a good 4k card ofc but the 4k graphic snobs can continue dumping ridiculous $$$ for their high end addictions. The low end broke plebs need this.

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
A 4060 barely being that much of a performance jump from the 3060 despite costing nearly as much, and still having less than the RX 6700XT in terms of VRAM is honestly a bit insulting. They're selling this as a 1080p card when the PS5 and Xbox Series X are running games at 1440p (Unless it's Forspoken or Jedi Fallen Order) while targeting 60FPS (or higher depending on the game) despite costing nearly as much as NVIDIA's midrange cards. 13 to 15 TFLOPs isn't that big of a jump, at least compared to the 3060Ti > 4060Ti.

You have to pay $500 for a 4060Ti just to have as much VRAM as AMD's offerings, and while that may not be the end-all of performance, it's absolutely going to age worse than the 16 series of cards. My 6700XT as a result is actually not that terrible at 4K or 1800p, while it's pretty good at 1440p.

Outside of CUDA and OptiX, I see no reason to buy a new NVIDIA card still. DLSS 3 Frame Generation still needs time in the oven (Although IMO, it's a neat alternative to solutions like black frame insertion), AV1 encoding is supported on both Intel Arc and the Radeon 7000 series of cards, and both their Windows and Linux drivers (especially the ladder) are desperately due for quality of life improvements. I could see the point in buying a high-end NVIDIA card if you need it for a workstation or AI applications, but at this rate, they're intentionally making their entry level and midrange cards look far less enticing compared to last console generation where their cards constantly improved each generation and were actually a better deal than buying a console. Coming from someone who has mostly bought NVIDIA until fairly recently, and then sold their 3070 after being disillusioned with the state of their drivers.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Now this may surprise you, but that New F2P Hawken game should be avoided. Horrible pay 2 upgrade mechanics, shop sells you materials in either not quite enough for one, far too much for one but not quite enough for 2, very dull gameplay and appear to be using AI to fill a lot of gaps. Have a look at the doctor lady in the preview below.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Now this may surprise you, but that New F2P Hawken game should be avoided. Horrible pay 2 upgrade mechanics, shop sells you materials in either not quite enough for one, far too much for one but not quite enough for 2, very dull gameplay and appear to be using AI to fill a lot of gaps. Have a look at the doctor lady in the preview below.

IIRC original Hawken can be played on private servers, there is a discord for it hovering somewhere.
A 4060 barely being that much of a performance jump from the 3060 despite costing nearly as much, and still having less than the RX 6700XT in terms of VRAM is honestly a bit insulting. They're selling this as a 1080p card when the PS5 and Xbox Series X are running games at 1440p (Unless it's Forspoken or Jedi Fallen Order) while targeting 60FPS (or higher depending on the game) despite costing nearly as much as NVIDIA's midrange cards. 13 to 15 TFLOPs isn't that big of a jump, at least compared to the 3060Ti > 4060Ti.

You have to pay $500 for a 4060Ti just to have as much VRAM as AMD's offerings, and while that may not be the end-all of performance, it's absolutely going to age worse than the 16 series of cards. My 6700XT as a result is actually not that terrible at 4K or 1800p, while it's pretty good at 1440p.

Outside of CUDA and OptiX, I see no reason to buy a new NVIDIA card still. DLSS 3 Frame Generation still needs time in the oven (Although IMO, it's a neat alternative to solutions like black frame insertion), Coming from someone who has mostly bought NVIDIA until fairly recently, and then sold their 3070 after being disillusioned with the state of their drivers.
Would you recommend someone now buy a 3060 or 3070 as their first GPU card or wait for a 4060?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
IIRC original Hawken can be played on private servers, there is a discord for it hovering somewhere.

Would you recommend someone now buy a 3060 or 3070 as their first GPU card or wait for a 4060?
I would say that depends on the availability of the 4060 and the price of the 3060
I wouldn't buy a 3060 just because it is only a little slower than a 4060 but costs the same.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I would say that depends on the availability of the 4060 and the price of the 3060
I wouldn't buy a 3060 just because it is only a little slower than a 4060 but costs the same.
Plus the one real upside of the RTX 4000 line is the low power draw compared to older gens or AMD offerings, especially in EU with our exploding energy costs.

Reactions: Kyougar

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
it isn't out yet, but as an entry tier card it isn't bad.

But it should be better considering the 40 series line top to bottom.
RTX 4060 laptops came out about 2 months ago.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Panda Pedinte is giving away 1 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

The key can't be activated in Brazil so I guess the same can be said for other LATAM countries.

The following games are being given away:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

So according to this we're gonna get Twisted Metal and TLOU Factions on D1 on PC, as well with Metal Gear Solid 3 remake. But most of all I hope we're gonna get a date for Hades 2
Seems fake. No Hoyoverse/Star Rail and a bunch of typos.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Finally arrived my new monitor ^^.
27GR95QE-B
^^. I'm so happy. I was using another great OLED monitor until right now, ASUS ProArt Display PQ22UC
but even being a good monitor, and with pro specs which means high density pixel (this was really stuning and it's the main difference with other monitors) I wansn't happy with it. It's just 330 nits at maximum, and this is pretty noticeable. I didn't care it hadn't audio because I usually use external speakers or earphones but nits range was unacceptable.
Let's see how the new one works on gaming ^^. 240Hz!!!! ^^

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

So according to this we're gonna get Twisted Metal and TLOU Factions on D1 on PC, as well with Metal Gear Solid 3 remake. But most of all I hope we're gonna get a date for Hades 2
One of the better fakes (admittedly a low bar), but it’s definitely fake.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Finally arrived my new monitor ^^.

27GR95QE-B
^^. I'm so happy. I was using another great OLED monitor until right now, ASUS ProArt Display PQ22UC
but even being a good monitor, and with pro specs which means high density pixel (this was really stuning and it's the main difference with other monitors) I wansn't happy with it. It's just 330 nits at maximum, and this is pretty noticeable. I didn't care it hadn't audio because I usually use external speakers or earphones but nits range was unacceptable.
Let's see how the new one works on gaming ^^. 240Hz!!!! ^^
Nice!

OLEDs are soooo good

• This!
Reactions: Censored

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Beside from the typos it doesn't look like a wishlist and there's that Dishwasher Collection that no one asked for that makes it look at least a bit credible to me, I dunno :shrugblob:

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
A question: Does Steam Link still work? Or is it abandoned?
I think its still being updated. Iv not tried the hardware but the app always had meh latency.
Iv been using Parsec.app for years. It has the lowest latency.
Moonlight (client)/Sunshine (server) is the 2nd best option. with some tweaking you can get it almost close to Parsec.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Thanks to kafiend ! Been in a Star Wars mood recently and they haven't fixed the port of Jedi Survivor yet so let's play a different one.

• Love
Reactions: kafiend

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

Ironically I think that pic is fake because it's not good enough compared to the hype that this show is supposed to bring according to grubb who has been 100% right on these shows so far. If they trotted out goodbye volcano high, darkest dungeon 2 and dishwasher collection here they'd get trolled by most people.

But yeah it's definitely fake. Grubb confirmed last night ghost 2 won't be there.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ironically I think that pic is fake because it's not good enough compared to the hype that this show is supposed to bring according to grubb who has been 100% right on these shows so far. If they trotted out goodbye volcano high, darkest dungeon 2 and dishwasher collection here they'd get trolled by most people.

But yeah it's definitely fake. Grubb confirmed last night ghost 2 won't be there.
I hope so because it's certainly not a home run list, for me. I want a PS5, but it is also the last thing I need in regard to entertainment. So yeah, Sony better go all in on the 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.