Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
That was pretty disappointing.
Phantom Blade really caught my attention though, looks fantastic.
Shame we didn't get any MGS3 gameplay. There are a few pics floating around though.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
METAL GEAR SOLID 3 REMAKE SITE IS UP:

DEVELOPMENT IMAGES:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIMFUCKINGBUYINGITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDIWONTRESTUNITLIHAVEITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
yes
Are we getting the MGS collection too?
In the main page, it says that it was for "modern platforms" whatever that means lol. Is this going to be a Person 3,4 y 5 situation? That we had to wait for another publisher showcase to confirm that it is on everything?

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Assassin's Creed Mirage mentions Ubisoft Connect, Luna and Epic, but doesn't mention Steam, unsurprisingly.

At the bottom of the page:

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
well, that's petty as fuck lol

they still have to back it up with a good show tho
In the main page, it says that it was for "modern platforms" whatever that means lol. Is this going to be a Person 3,4 y 5 situation? That we had to wait for another publisher showcase to confirm that it is on everything?
Does PC count as a modern platform anymore? I mean, with these new GPU announcements I don't know anymore...

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Those MGS r3make images are like 1:1 with the original game, Demons' Souls remake style, huh? Or it's just the vibe that's spot on but they're actually quite different? Not sure that's what I'd want out of it really. Hopefully the world is at least seamless this time rather than segmented, they can do that, right? MGS3 also used the Dual Shock 2 analog buttons and crap so I guess they're gonna be altering the mechanics at least a bit. My dream was MGSV ace mechanics and polish with a pre-V MGS style awesome campaign rather than its sandbox world with mere glimpses of the formerly meticulous mission design of the series. Maybe that dream's dead with Kojima not onboard though so a faithful remake may be the best decision (but if it goes well they'll eventually make their own MGS sequels without him anyway so that may be a moot point). I wish at least one stealth action series of the sort had carried on, I actually liked Splinter Cell: Blacklist quite a bit even vs MGSV since it was all mission based, an improvement in that direction could rival any MGS like Splinter Cell never could before.

Last edited:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

So this is exciting Volume 1 will include MG1 MG2, MGS1 (With the VR missions included), and the HD collection version of MGS2 and MGS3! Vol 2 has to include MGS4 it has to come on.

Also, Steam release confirmation would be great Konami ty.

As expected but Konami doesn't have the best track record so it's good to see confirmation. Now about that Steam release...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

As expected but Konami doesn't have the best track record so it's good to see confirmation. Now about that Steam release...
What a thrill what a package. This is gonna be the goat game bundle and its only Vol 1.

Anyone here who never played any of these games make sure you don't read up on anything and just go in blind. Play them in release order and enjoy a magical experience. These are some of the best games ever made. They all still hold up really well too. The writing, visuals, animations, gameplay etc All legendary.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
For a PlayStation "Phase 2" showcase that was bad. For general game showcase that was fine I guess. Sony went back to CG fest (well I guess they didn't have choice because they had nothing to show and they couldn't pick and choose that much from 3rd party). They are also jumping on that GaaS MP bandwagon hard (basically everything new from their studios was MP GaaS).

Square embarrassing themselves witht hat Splatoon clone was funny. Aachen Mirage looks OK but Ubisoft is acting stupid again with no Steam release day 1 (I mean how the hell they can be this stupid still). I still don't knownehat to think about Alan Wake 2 (it's not like i will play it on Epic Store but still i am kinda interested to see how story continues) I can't get excited for Spider-Man 2 when it is 2026 relase on PC. No new PC ports from Sony was also lame but i guess if they couldn't announce new 1st party games it would piss off their userbase even more if they announced PC ports. But we finally got Talos 2 so that's a win, and Ghostrunner 2 looks cool.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
For a PlayStation "Phase 2" showcase that was bad. For general game showcase that was fine I guess. Sony went back to CG fest (well I guess they didn't have choice because they had nothing to show and they couldn't pick and choose that much from 3rd party). They are also jumping on that GaaS MP bandwagon hard (basically everything new from their studios was MP GaaS).

Square embarrassing themselves witht hat Splatoon clone was funny. Aachen Mirage looks OK but Ubisoft is acting stupid again with no Steam release day 1 (I mean how the hell they can be this stupid still). I still don't knownehat to think about Alan Wake 2 (it's not like i will play it on Epic Store but still i am kinda interested to see how story continues) I can't get excited for Spider-Man 2 when it is 2026 relase on PC. No new PC ports from Sony was also lame but i guess if they couldn't announce new 1st party games it would piss off their userbase even more if they announced PC ports. But we finally got Talos 2 so that's a win, and Ghostrunner 2 looks cool.
Sony just doesn't have that fire lit underneath them this gen. They are basically breaking all financial records in every quarter and everything is good for them. They are in cruise control and will basically reach their 100 million PS5 sales no matter what. They can do wtvr dumb boring thing and sadly it won't matter.

Unlike last gen when it was critical for them as a company to hit a home run after home run. Now its wtvr and they kind of did all the important damage control by revealing they will push this GaaS shit this gen. They would have been destroyed for yesterdays showcase if people didn't already know.

Unlike Xbox who has more pressure on them and honestly even Xbox can go safe mode n still be fine since they have over 25 million Gampass subscribers so these companies are reeling in so much money with different safety nets.

Also the big Sony teams (God of War, Horizon, Tsushima) are all in intermission basically so next year or the year after next is when they fire on more cylinders.

Factions missing is a headscratcher but I guess the game will have its own state of play soon to announce some beta or wtvr. Maybe early next year.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
So according to Jez Corden, MGS4 is never going to be part of the collection. Vol 2 is peace walker, portable ops, and Metal gear rising. This ruined my night, to be honest. Hopefully, he's just wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: QFNS and yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So according to Jez Corden, MGS4 is never going to be part of the collection. Vol 2 is peace walker, portable ops, and Metal gear rising. This ruined my night, to be honest. Hopefully, he's just wrong.
Volume 3 copium :(

Peace Walker and Portable Ops were some of the best PSP games tho so that will still be a damn good collection for PC/Deck.

MGS4 is gonna have to be remade at this point. And assuming Konami goes that far with the remakes you are probably looking at it happening 15-20 years from now lol It will be the last one remade.

Reactions: PC-tan

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Sony just doesn't have that fire lit underneath them this gen. They are basically breaking all financial records in every quarter and everything is good for them. They are in cruise control and will basically reach their 100 million PS5 sales no matter what. They can do wtvr dumb boring thing and sadly it won't matter.

Unlike last gen when it was critical for them as a company to hit a home run after home run. Now its wtvr and they kind of did all the important damage control by revealing they will push this GaaS shit this gen. They would have been destroyed for yesterdays showcase if people didn't already know.

Unlike Xbox who has more pressure on them and honestly even Xbox can go safe mode n still be fine since they have over 25 million Gampass subscribers so these companies are reeling in so much money with different safety nets.

Also the big Sony teams (God of War, Horizon, Tsushima) are all in intermission basically so next year or the year after next is when they fire on more cylinders.

Factions missing is a headscratcher but I guess the game will have its own state of play soon to announce some beta or wtvr. Maybe early next year.
Well they scream how they don't want to disappoint their fans with day 1 PC releases and scream how much those fans mean to them. Then they announce first showcase in 2 years and give those same fans this. Really mixed messages. One way or another PC players kinda got most out of this showcase. We will see what MS will show next month and what 3rd party left for Geoff Summer Games Mess.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Probably we won’t get MGS4 until it gets perfectly emulated on rpcs3 (still runs like shit). Then when the work it’s done by others, Konami will cannibalize it and do few changes to it, like change prompts and menus and repack it on a collection.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Well they scream how they don't want to disappoint their fans with day 1 PC releases and scream how much those fans mean to them. Then they announce first showcase in 2 years and give those same fans this. Really mixed messages. One way or another PC players kinda got most out of this showcase. We will see what MS will show next month and what 3rd party left for Geoff Summer Games Mess.
I keep forgetting Druckmann unveiled TLOU remake and Factions at Keighleys show last year. Not at any Sony thing.

So it wouldn't be surprising if they did it again this year at SGF. I give it a solid chance we see more on it in a couple weeks. And there may even be a PC port announcement there too (or PC Gamer show). This way Sony extends its presence this summer across multiple events.

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Why is it petty? Is it petty when we PC bros "ooh and ahh" over the games coming to our platform? The MS twitter guy is just doing his job lol...

Don't think it's petty at all. If anything it always struck me as more "petty" that any of the big 3 would have to rely on 3rd parties to sell a showcase?
Indeed. All platforms holders should do this after an event where we get a bunch of multiplatform game trailers omitting information about where they're actually releasing. That post reveal scramble to find that shit out always annoys me.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I read somewhere that Snake Eater is the first game in the series chronologically, is that correct? If so, I would guess that remakes of the other mainline games will soon follow.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Making a multiplayer game PlayStation exclusive when not even Sony is doing that for their own upcoming ones sounds like a pretty dumb move, so of course Square Enix is doing that.

Probably gonna have a 80€ price-tag + F2P monetisation on top of it and servers will close after a year.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Making a multiplayer game PlayStation exclusive when not even Sony is doing that for their own upcoming ones sounds like a pretty dumb move, so of course Square Enix is doing that.

Probably gonna have a 80€ price-tag + F2P monetisation on top of it and servers will close after a year.
Probably gonna go as well as Chocobo GP.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I read somewhere that Snake Eater is the first game in the series chronologically, is that correct? If so, I would guess that remakes of the other mainline games will soon follow.
Yea its the first in the timeline. Kojima kinda did a Star Wars thing where he went back in time to do a prequel trilogy (MGS3, PW, MGSV) but he continued numbering them in order unlike Star Wars.

And yea the fact that they are just calling it Delta Snake Eater tells us they aren't gonna number the remakes going forward. It will just be the OG code names.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yes. As has already been said, the Delta title will probably be how they do the remakes in chronological order rather than release order.

An interesting approach, but if they’re 1:1 remakes then games like MGS 1 & 2 will feel rather detached and pointlessly mysterious from later games in the series, where revelations and retcons will be introduced prior to the actual thing they’ve retconned.

Unless their plan is to do the Big Boss saga as more faithful remakes and then more heavily change the Solid Snake saga.

But if they do all the major titles in chronological order we’ll get:

Big Boss saga
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid Delta: The Phantom Pain

Solid Snake saga
Metal Gear Delta
Metal Gear Delta: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid Delta: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Guns of the Patriots

I suspect we won’t get all of these, though.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
They are not gonna remake anything more than the first three games.
The rest are gonna be HD Remasters at most

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
MGS4 is alledgedly a fucked up game held together by duct tape so it can only work as is on a PS3 and would take way more effort to port than current Konami could be arsed to do for an old game not being remade.

Status
Not open for further replies.