Community MetaSteam | November 2018 - These Regional Prices are STILL crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
DID SOMEONE SAY "REGIONAL PRICING"?
BECAUSE OH BOY DO I HAVE ESSAY WORTH TO SAY ABOUT THAT!

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
DID SOMEONE SAY "REGIONAL PRICING"?
BECAUSE OH BOY DO I HAVE ESSAY WORTH TO SAY ABOUT THAT!
please do ... i'm not joking ... and post it as a separate thread ... i REALLY want people to talk about regional pricing more

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
please do ... i'm not joking ... and post it as a separate thread ... i REALLY want people to talk about regional pricing more
Well, there you have Polygon saying Regional Pricing was a mistake for devs, ISN'T THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU? HUH?!?

Deleted member 113

Anyone knows a good deal, or discount code, for the games Darksiders III (Deluxe Edition), and X4: Foundations (Collector's Edition)?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Pretty sure everyone has Full Throttle Remastered, but in case someone doesn't, here you go: H7TYM-A58N8-REQZ0
should've put it in the "hide until liked" tag at least :p

like this:

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
too late now since i'm sure someone already grabbed it (probably a bot) ... but for future reference, you know

Anyone knows a good deal, or discount code, for the games Darksiders III (Deluxe Edition), and X4: Foundations (Collector's Edition)?
cdkeys? (haven't checked but they usually have good prices)

Reactions: Tizoc

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I now have 2000 games on Steam!:D Burly Men at Sea became the game, maybe not that special, but at least it was a game that was on my Wishlist.:D

should've put it in the "hide until liked" tag at least :p

like this:

[Hidden content]

too late now since i'm sure someone already grabbed it (probably a bot) ... but for future reference, you know

cdkeys? (haven't checked but they usually have good prices)
Ah that's actually a good way to do it!:D

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I now have 2000 games on Steam!:D Burly Men at Sea became the game, maybe not that special, but at least it was a game that was on my Wishlist.:D
nice, congrats!!! :) 3000 when? ;)

Ah that's actually a good way to do it!:D
yeah, it's not mudbutt, but at least it's Better Than Nothing™ ;) mostly since people who aren't registered can't see those keys

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
So CD Projekt said fuck it and raised the price of Thronebreaker for like 300% on most of the poorer regions. Good luck getting another GOG purchase from me. I can understand that on their own website they don't have all the setup for regional currencies, etc, but this is a different story.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So CD Projekt said fuck it and raised the price of Thronebreaker for like 300% on most of the poorer regions. Good luck getting another GOG purchase from me. I can understand that on their own website they don't have all the setup for regional currencies, etc, but this is a different story.
yeah, MegaApple noticed it as well

motherfuckers ... this is just pure fucking bullshit ... consumer-friendly publisher MY ASS

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
That is bizarre, esp. when on GOG you get GOG Wallet credit for any purchase where the price in your region is higher than in USD.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
They have regional price for Brazil on GoG and it's the same price as Steam. R$99.99
Yeah, but this way, people from poorer regions who were on the fence about their platform of choice will not have to think about prices, since they are the same.
Of course, if CDPR was really all about that "customer first" stuff, they would have changed the price in their store to reflect the Steam prices instead of doing it the other way round.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Castle of Illusion 2013 holds up well visually IMO. Controls feel kind of off at times but generally the gameplay works well for the way they designed the levels.
yeah, it still looks awesome ... i'm sooooo glad they remade that one!

now if only they could remake Mickey Mania as well ... in the style of Cuphead (graphics, i mean) ... imagine that

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Deleted member 113

now if only they could remake Mickey Mania as well ... in the style of Cuphead (graphics, i mean) ... imagine that
Speaking of Disney, I wish they would re-release QuackShot.
That game was a lot of fun. :giggle:

Deleted member 113

HITMAN 2 is so awesome!
I'm blown away by the scale of the game. Everything is so big, so fluid, even that intro mission in New Zealand is so immersive.

I'm perplexed to see reviews of 7's (like IGN) and 3.5's for the game, and reviewers complaining about the graphics and presentation of the game.
I really don't understand game reviews any more. Not that I ever cared about them too much. Heck, I just went through 2 playthroughs of The Quiet man. :p

I have a question, though.
I never completed the previous game, for almost comical reasons.
First, I pre-ordered the game, but when it originally launched, I played the tutorials, but on the first mission the game kept crashing. My graphics card was busted. I went months without being able to play any games, except the most basic things.
Almost a year later, already with a new card, I went through the tutorials and the first 4 or so chapters, and... my replacement graphics card got busted. :eek:

Thankfully, last year I got a new PC, so I'm hoping I can finally complete the story of the first game, on these new improved versions.
But, my question is: where does the Patient Zero campaign fit in all this? And that Sniper mode?

Since I now have downloaded the content/missions of the first game, how shall I tackle it?
Should I just go through Story mode, and ignore the other modes and the Patient Zero campaign, or does that fit in with the Story Campaign?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HITMAN 2 is so awesome!
I'm blown away by the scale of the game. Everything is so big, so fluid, even that intro mission in New Zealand is so immersive.

I'm perplexed to see reviews of 7's (like IGN) and 3.5's for the game, and reviewers complaining about the graphics and presentation of the game.
I really don't understand game reviews any more. Not that I ever cared about them too much. Heck, I just went through 2 playthroughs of The Quiet man. :p

I have a question, though.
I never completed the previous game, for almost comical reasons.
First, I pre-ordered the game, but when it originally launched, I played the tutorials, but on the first mission the game kept crashing. My graphics card was busted. I went months without being able to play any games, except the most basic things.
Almost a year later, already with a new card, I went through the tutorials and the first 4 or so chapters, and... my replacement graphics card got busted. :eek:

Thankfully, last year I got a new PC, so I'm hoping I can finally complete the story of the first game, on these new improved versions.
But, my question is: where does the Patient Zero campaign fit in all this? And that Sniper mode?

Since I now have downloaded the content/missions of the first game, how shall I tackle it?
Should I just go through Story mode, and ignore the other modes and the Patient Zero campaign, or does that fit in with the Story Campaign?
Patient Zero is kind of an epilogue, i think .... and the Sniper stuff is just side-missions

you'd have to ask BernardoOne - he's the Hitman fanatic around here ;) (has over 1600h in S1 :p)

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain

They can really do some awesome stuff with their classic games, World of Illusion with online coop and refined difficulty and levels could be great. There are many more so let's see if they decide to bolster their games portfolio.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They can really do some awesome stuff with their classic games, World of Illusion with online coop and refined difficulty and levels could be great. There are many more so let's see if they decide to bolster their games portfolio.
they won't ... Disney doesn't really care about gaming anymore (unless someone shows up on their doorstep with a huge sack of cash ... see: EA, Squeenix etc.)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Play Patient Zero after beating Season 1.

Hitman 2's visuals are superb indeed, so giving it any kind of low score makes one question if they played the game on a base PS4 or X1 on an old ass HDTV and judged it off of that.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Play Patient Zero after beating Season 1.

Hitman 2's visuals are superb indeed, so giving it any kind of low score makes one question if they played the game on a base PS4 or X1 on an old ass HDTV and judged it off of that.
yeah, i can't understand some of those reviews .... like some of them say "it's more of the same" .... so what if it is? what were they expecting this time around, a kart racer? it's "more of the same" awesome gameplay ... and that's definitely NOT a bad thing

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I have surely spoken too soon about my like of BF V. The more I play the more I hate it. It's not necessarily doing anything wrong, but it's just not matching up to the amount of fun that BF4 was. My favorite class, Support, is still ruined from BF1 and now made worse with a downright awkward contextual-deploy-only bipod mechanic and no-ADS for half the MG selection.

I keep buying Battlefield games, hoping they'll swing back around to the crazy chaos of BF4, I want to re-live those days in a newer and more populated game... but they just aren't going that way anymore. Urgh.

What I can say though is that it's a very pretty game, and at 4K/Ultra my 1080ti weeps. This is a game that won't be playable at 4K/Ultra until Nvidia's next line even after these latest RTX cards.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It does, I was really lookin' forward to it. I don't think it's bad, it's just not what I'm searching for in a BF game I guess.

I uninstalled it lol. After thinkin' on it all afternoon, It's really just not for me and that's okay. They'll swing back around to modern weaponry and vehicles eventually, and when they do I'll be there.

Assuming I don't die first.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It does, I was really lookin' forward to it. I don't think it's bad, it's just not what I'm searching for in a BF game I guess.

I uninstalled it lol. After thinkin' on it all afternoon, It's really just not for me and that's okay. They'll swing back around to modern weaponry and vehicles eventually, and when they do I'll be there.

Assuming I don't die first.
hopefully you won't :p haha

but yeah ... really sucks, sorry to hear that

i only play those games for the campaigns anyway (no, really :p)

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I'm so pissed at CDPR right now.

I'd probably be fine with the price update if they actually did it right. The thing is, they don't. Out of 6 Southeast Asian countries, only 2 that are not affected by the price update. The rest (including my country) got updated price with direct conversion to USD. What's the reason behind that if not pure ignorance and stupidity? This is not how you push people to your GOG platform, if anything I detest it more than ever. Moreover, I actually topped up my Steam wallet that day to buy Thronebreaker. Just right after I redeemed my code, I just noticed that the price has changed. Screw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.