Community MetaSteam | November 2018 - These Regional Prices are STILL crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wonder what the regional pricing for Sunset Overdrive will be like - never played it myself, but everyone is hyping it up so much that I'll prob get it day 1.
oddly enough - MS has decent regional pricing on steam (check ReCore, for example - that should give you a good idea)

Punished Snake

MetaMember
Nov 15, 2018
I wonder why Voidu store is soo poor compared to other stores. I mean, usually their prices are much better than other stores, but they simply don't get all the new releases like Humble or GMG.

Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I wonder why Voidu store is soo poor compared to other stores. I mean, usually their prices are much better than other stores, but they simply don't get all the new releases like Humble or GMG.
Maybe they are trying to compete and get better deals on those few games they offer? Might make sense to not spread out there resources.

Last edited:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
so you should thank most AAA publishers for setting regional prices for you so extremely high then ... i guess ;)
They'd be doing me a favor, lol. I really should stop buying things, but it's soooo tempting.

Deleted member 113

Any deal around for Sunset Overdrive?

I'm hoping it works on Windows 7, like most recent Microsoft games that were released on Steam (they may say Windows 8 or 10 as minimum, but they worked on Windows 7).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They'd be doing me a favor, lol. I really should stop buying things, but it's soooo tempting.
stop liking games so much, goddammit!!! :p

Any deal around for Sunset Overdrive?

I'm hoping it works on Windows 7, like most recent Microsoft games that were released on Steam (they may say Windows 8 or 10 as minimum, but they worked on Windows 7).
try GMG maybe?

Reactions: Deleted member 113

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Every year I add like 2 years' worth of games to my Steam library. At this rate I'll be finished with my backlog 5000 years after Valve closes its doors.
I feel you. After making a Steam account 4 years ago, I bought Bundles left and right, went on shopping sprees every Steam Sale (thanks Russian bear :cry:) but after I reached 800 games, I pretty much stopped buying stuff for myself.

So weird. I used up all my (little) savings back then but now that I earn a bit of money, I lost interest in getting more games, haha.

Deleted member 113

It was a long time since chrono got a game that I really want :) Grabbed Heroes of Hammerwatch
Yeah, I was on the exact same boat. :)

After I recently saw some screenshots of an upcoming DLC that looks really cool, I had it very near the top of my list of games to buy in an upcoming sale.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
At least we had hints of Sunset Overdrive coming the 16th even without a store page. Killer7 was legit just dumped and everybody was like "wait, what?!"
that's NISA for you ... either they put up a store page and delay the game 8 months ... or just dump it on steam without telling anyone ;)

Reactions: Kurt Russell
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And cheaper than GOG at least in euros.

Interesting that some of those in latest batch has been sitting for years in SteamDB. Maybe they forgot to release before lol.
yeah, that's what i meant by saying - someone at Disney FINALLY remembered they have all those games in there :p how else would you explain Sam & Max or Outlaws?

also - set your avatar already!!! i need that doggo!!! :p

Reactions: madjoki

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

It's alright, spin the pieces to link up all the paths. Not particularly inspired and seems designed more for the letter/number achievement pictures for your profile.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Looks like the first LootCrate/Chrono bundle was released yesterday

Games included in the bundle:
1. Crossing Souls
2. Epistory - Typing Chronicles
3. NeuroVoider
4. Hammerwatch
5. Turmoil

Some games are good, but still not a great first bundle.

Next month's early reveal is Overload

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

1. Crossing Souls
3. NeuroVoider
4. Hammerwatch
5. Turmoil

For some reason they are not selling it to Australia sounds like it's probably for the best!

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

1. Crossing Souls
3. NeuroVoider
4. Hammerwatch
5. Turmoil

Yeah, all those been bundled before. Overload is good, but $10 is not that great price. (It's free on Twitch Prime also)

I don't understand why they would region lock a bundle filled with digital games. None of these games don't look like they are region locked either.
Legal reason most likely. If you sell digital stuff to a country, generally you need to follow their laws. It's actually complex, even if it sounds simple.
Where with physical package you would be one that needs to take care of legal stuff, since you're doing an import.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
It's a bit odd, they do ship the physical crates to Australia for USD$40 shipping each!

There are some new rules regarding sales tax on overseas purchases in Aus. If you are sending physical/digital goods to Australia, the overseas company has to collect the 10% sales tax and send it to the Australian Government. Ridiculously onerous. I imagine they don't want to have to do it for digital purchases. The law has already resulted in Amazon no longer selling into Australia from its overseas operations. If it's not on Amazon.com.au you can't buy it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.