Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

And my 5000th shall of course be Death Str....... nah, just Ghost Files 2: Memory of a Crime, hidden objects games > Kojima, better gameplay and better stories.

DUde what the fuck I just noticed I was replying to a post from page 34 and, like 500 posts ago, and which other people have kindly covered the topic of very well...
Doesn't matter, that memory chips can actually be too cool is worth repeating because it's counter-intuitive and few people know.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And my 5000th shall of course be Death Str....... nah, just Ghost Files 2: Memory of a Crime, hidden objects games > Kojima, better gameplay and better stories.
also fuck 505 for that "regional pricing"

GIMME REGIONAL PRICING ALREADY VOLVO YOU PRICE GOUGING DUGONGS.
be careful what you wish for ... seeing how most big publishers do regional pricing nowadays you'd probably end up with higher prices than the US ones ;)

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
Stadia always seemed like a trainwreck about to unfold... we are just now witnessing the beginnings of the unfolding.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
also fuck 505 for that "regional pricing"

be careful what you wish for ... seeing how most big publishers do regional pricing nowadays you'd probably end up with higher prices than the US ones ;)
Fine it will help me in cutting down on purchases, but i would much rather pay less than the normal usd price for whatever i can.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Interesting. So I'm guessing that these companies are trying to beat each other to the market and secure a foothold before anyone else does?
Yeah, I think it's seen as a gold rush. Will be curious to observe who (if anyone!) is actually successful in this space.

I don't like beer and I am not a big fan of alcohol in general (I'll drink a glass of wine every three months or so) but I do like coffee and tea.
I love tea and beer (it's the only alcoholic thing I drink outside of extremely rare occassions), but don't drink coffee.
I guess you have to have at least 2/3 :p

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I mostly try to drink water nowadays when i'm at home or at work, because it is H E A L T H Y or something like that.

My favorite beverages are in unranked order

Fritz-Kola, it's like normal coke but with lightly less sugary taste and thrice the caffeein content.

Emmi Cold Coffees. Unfortunately i can't drink them as often anymore due to my lactose issues, but they will always have a special place in my heart, in the past i was sometimes chugging three of those a day.

Almost all cocktails, but especially fruity ones, such as Maitai and Pina Colada

And of course, good, german beer. How could i not. mostly Pils and Kölsch,

I'm not a huge tea drinker, but at my old Job i LOVED the freshly brewed Cay from a nearby restaurant you would get with your Kebab menu.

In regards to hard alk i drink pretty much everything, but i prefer not to do it pure.

And to really Insult our local bartender 「Echo」 , i recently had a Whiskey cola out of a can

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It looks like the update with English language addition has been dispatched. They haven't updated the store page though.
1 Two new language options: Traditional Chinese and English. Enter Settings from the title page and select your language under Preference page.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

edit: and I jumped to 5001 game. why can't Steam count? shows different number in library too, I guess that's because f2p but still a mess. not that it really matters, I'd just like to understand how Gaben's brain works.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I mostly try to drink water nowadays when i'm at home or at work, because it is H E A L T H Y or something like that.

My favorite beverages are in unranked order

Fritz-Kola, it's like normal coke but with lightly less sugary taste and thrice the caffeein content.

Emmi Cold Coffees. Unfortunately i can't drink them as often anymore due to my lactose issues, but they will always have a special place in my heart, in the past i was sometimes chugging three of those a day.

Almost all cocktails, but especially fruity ones, such as Maitai and Pina Colada

And of course, good, german beer. How could i not. mostly Pils and Kölsch,

I'm not a huge tea drinker, but at my old Job i LOVED the freshly brewed Cay from a nearby restaurant you would get with your Kebab menu.

In regards to hard alk i drink pretty much everything, but i prefer not to do it pure.

And to really Insult our local bartender 「Echo」 , i recently had a Whiskey cola out of a can
Ayinger makes some killer beers, I'm lucky that I can get about 6 different varaities in 500ml bottles in NJ.

I LOVE TEA. I love herbal teas, green teas, hot tea, iced tea, earl grey, black tea, chai tea, peppermint tea, pumpkin spice tea, vanilla chai tea (it goes on and on). In the US we Arizona Ice Tea, with many flavors $.99 per 24oz (710ml), I clean up with that shit.

Not a giant fan of coffee. In fact, I just had my first coffee of the week, Now, don't get it wrong Meta, I'm a massive, depraved caffeine addict but my preferred delivery method for this mind altering drug is pill form. Coffee feels weird bc it hits like a freight train compared to the more steady release from caffeine pills.

I do like soda but only diet. Rarely will I get any soda of quality, maybe once a month I'll get a boylans or something. Energy drinks are another one of my great vices.

Back to gaming!!!!

I'm going to be watching these Jedi fallen order reviews closely. If it gets a thumbs up from you peeps, I'm going to spend some time on it. Been AGES since I've played a star wars game that I really got deep into.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I'm tired...

So Legend of Bum-Bo just came out. Only on Steam.

I've just read : "oh, another example of Steam monopoly : McMillen only releasing his game on Steam !"

I don't even know what to say.
Ask them why they care about Steam's shovelware and why they aren't playing Rune 2 and Bee Sim. EGS having a terrible month including RDR2 being a mess right now is really getting to many stans, easier than ever to pummel them, even diehards are having obvious trouble coming up with something, anything.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Speaking of MS, do y'all think that strategic XCOM-like Gears game is dead? It was probably the only Gears related thing I was looking forward to.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Speaking of MS, do y'all think that strategic XCOM-like Gears game is dead? It was probably the only Gears related thing I was looking forward to.
pretty sure they're still working on it

maybe we'll get a release date today

Reactions: Eferis

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Ask them why they care about Steam's shovelware and why they aren't playing Rune 2 and Bee Sim. EGS having a terrible month including RDR2 being a mess right now is really getting to many stans, easier than ever to pummel them, even diehards are having obvious trouble coming up with something, anything.
To be fair, I do understand one thing : some games only releases on Steam. But how is it possible to conclude that Steam has a monopoly ? It's dev / studio / publisher's choice to release only on Steam.

Valve isn't asking or rewarding games that choses to release only on their store. They don't work on this so called monopoly except by trying (not succeeding all the time) to make their store the best for devs / pubs and players.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
To be fair, I do understand one thing : some games only releases on Steam. But how is it possible to conclude that Steam has a monopoly ? It's dev / studio / publisher's choice to release only on Steam.
I'm quite positive many more games would gladly appear on the Epic Store if they dropped the exclusivity thing.
pretty sure they're still working on it

maybe we'll get a release date today
Won't hold my breath for a release date but I sure hope we see something today.

Reactions: Ruvon and lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

TL:DR, RTX 3000 cards may be delayed until June of 2020. Which sucks because this is after the current shipping date for Cyberpunk and I know that basically all PC gamers are prepping for the best Cyberpunk experience they can get.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

TL:DR, RTX 3000 cards may be delayed until June of 2020. Which sucks because this is after the current shipping date for Cyberpunk and I know that basically all PC gamers are prepping for the best Cyberpunk experience they can get.
True. I'm planning to upgrade my 970 for Cyberpunk. Probably have to settle with 1660 Super then.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Good question, I was wondering this as well. Let's hope we'll get some information about it in the next few days. More high quality turn-based games is always welcome. :)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
A local site compared it with Dark Souls with a Star Wars skin. Is that your impression as well?
It has more in common witk Sekiro than Dark Souls. The combat is much more "snappier" and less "heavy" than Dark Souls. It's definetly Soulslike, just more like Sekiro.

I do hope someone will mod dismemberment in. I want to cut stormtroopers to pieces.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Is there an easy mode in Fallen Order? I don't have the muscle memory or experience for Souls games but i'm interested in the game so i'd want to just slap it on easy and play without frustration.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Is there an easy mode in Fallen Order? I don't have the muscle memory or experience for Souls games but i'm interested in the game so i'd want to just slap it on easy and play without frustration.
Yes, it's called "story mode". There is story mode, jedi knight, jedi master and jedi grand master.

You can change difficulty at any time.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky
Status
Not open for further replies.