Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
How about just being happy something inspired their developers

I want them to want to make a HL game not to push a overpriced gimmick but because they want to, its not right to wait 12 years and finally maybe a game because some interns need to be kept busy.
This is much, much better than doing a overrated sequel in a traditional format. This will be revolutionary in VR design and push things forward immensly, in the same hay HL2 did back then. It'ds mindg boggling to me that some people dont seem to understand how much logical sense it is to bring this specific series to VR. The biggest thing about HL2 was the revolution in physics, and that's something you can take to a astronomical new level with VR and 1:1 body input, something that couldn't be accomplished anywhere else.

Reactions: Mor

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
Actually, if it's that big, I can't think on anything but a portable console, it would make sense as it would also use the streaming and cloud system.
I'm not that optimistic and I think it will be Steam Console V2 (now actually made by Valve instead of being a license for third party manufacturers). Mind you, that could be cool in itself of course. But I'd really, really love a SteamBoy but I don't see it happening :(

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I'll say that I don't think streaming as an option is a bad thing. When I was reviewing MHW Iceborne on PS4 a good 25-30 hours of that was over remote play, and honestly? It wasn't all that bad, at all. I also genuinely thought that Project Stream was decent when I tested it, back before it became Stadia.

HOWEVER...

My internet is really good. REALLY good. 450Mb/s down, 30Mb/s up. Most folks can't match that, and while it's great as an option if you can manage it, I definitely don't want all my games locked to streaming.
Also, a streaming service needs your internet to be perfect for the duration of the session. Any connection drop could take you out of the game, potentially losing progress.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
What online nonsense

Is the game online? lol
it requires an online connection, reviews have mentioned this and how losing connection etc means u cant save at that time,

i havent had a problem with net my end or servers being fucky yet though

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
well this is VERY weird ...

this game just came out in early access on steam:

seems like a cool idea, right? and it is ...

but reading the description ... i actually remembered something ... namely:

what the hell is going on here?! :confused-face:

the game's (Size Matters) community hub looks EXTREMELY fucking sketchy as well ...

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
well this is VERY weird ...

this game just came out in early access on steam:

seems like a cool idea, right? and it is ...

but reading the description ... i actually remembered something ... namely:

what the hell is going on here?! :confused-face:

the game's (Size Matters) community hub looks EXTREMELY fucking sketchy as well ...
The same dude spams both forums:

Edit:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Everything is people not getting their codes to use the damn thing. A sight to behold.

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019

Everything is people not getting their codes to use the damn thing. A sight to behold.
Am I shitty for not feeling bad to any of those suckers? Why would anyone buy into the hype

Reactions: Kuro and low-G

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Am I shitty for not feeling bad to any of those suckers? Why would anyone buy into the hype
I do feel kinda bad that they didn't get what they were promised, just like Kickstarter backers who didn't get Steam keys when games became EGS exclusives. But their (Stadia founders) situation is still kinda funny,

Reactions: Wok

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
I do feel kinda bad that they didn't get what they were promised, just like Kickstarter backers who didn't get Steam keys when games became EGS exclusives. But their (Stadia founders) situation is still kinda funny,
Oh for sure, but some had that condescending tone where they believed Stadia will kill console/PC gaming during it's reveal and I just find it funny that there were so many people defending it up until it's launch.

Reactions: Kuro and fantomena
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
it looks like a weird situation for sure
i mean - just look at the screenshots ... it's basically the SAME EXACT game ... only one has textures

but the concept and gameplay are IDENTICAL (i know because i played Inch by Inch when it came out last year)

Reactions: MJunioR and Wok

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Inch by Inch devs are too kind with the rip off. How do you resolve the issue they ripped off your game by just altering level layouts etc. after the fact. Oh well.

Reactions: lashman

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Yes, back to showing the world all my Marvel Heroes rare achievements!

Fuck you Gazillion.

"He is the Jhonny Sins of consoles. He fucked every console."

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Inch by Inch devs are too kind with the rip off. How do you resolve the issue they ripped off your game by just altering level layouts etc. after the fact. Oh well.
yeah ... what the heck is going on here?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
EA just added Little Misfortune, Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption, Tacoma and For the King to EA Access.

Edit: Or not. They show under recently releases in the vault, but can't be added to library yet.

Reactions: lashman

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
No, in fact you are good if you feel good when they suffer. Why is this a moral good? Because their willful ignorance is in fact malicious and comes from a place of hate. Hate for science (believing lies over truth). Hate for progress (hating everything good in gaming today). Hating the poor (us gamers, they want us to loser our property). Hating the rich (Epic, MS, Sony executives)... They just hate everything. So rejoicing in their despair is ethical.

Reactions: Rando10123

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
It's funny that the company who have the biggest online infrastructure can fuck up this bad. You'd think that from all those companies, Google is the one who has the best chance on streaming platform.

To think, for a moment, that I considered that Google was being brave releasing Stadia with fighting games - and not just being arrogant/stupid.
Well as someone who are used to raiding with 250-300ms ping and have to develop some kind of foresight to stay alive during raid, latency is a real thing and I don't know what people expected.

Reactions: lashman and PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.