crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have a question: starting from Dark Souls to Factorio, how deep and extensive is the base building stuff? What is the ratio between fighting and building?
It's not really a "free-form" base building system, but more a big home base with pre-defined upgrades/expansion (but a loooot of them). But maybe there will be some customize-able stuff later, I honestly would not be surprised, but nothing like that yet.

Note that the system only even gets available ~15 hours into the game, so I can't say how the ratio will be going forward, but it's still a story-driven Action-RPG at its core.

Reactions: Kyougar

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Does anyone remember someone making potato pc benchmarking videos? Are those still a thing?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Sad to see someone leave over something as simple as a game being released. I don't think it's warranted, honestly, and I also feel that everyone was fairly civil in their discussion, so in the end, it really just seems to boil down to the fact that not everyone will agree that Valve making a big VR game is bad.

For that matter, my opinion is that it's great that Valve is making games that they are interested in making. It's clear that they lost interest in making single-player FPS games of any kind long ago, and I'm looking forward to what they can make with this new way of interacting with games.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Does anyone remember someone making potato pc benchmarking videos? Are those still a thing?
There's some channels on YT focused on low-end rigs / older builds, yeah. RandomGamingHD still does some benchmarks on low-end hw every now and then IIRC, for example.

I played a couple minutes of Freeman: GW and man it's Mount & Blade: Guerrilla Warfare. Surprisingly enough, however, performance was fairly decent considering that it's made on Unity, and the UI wasn't bad as I was getting ready for it to be - mind you, it's not a super clean and pleasant UI, but it works. The gun management part of the game is pretty decent too, so far I enjoyed it and will surely come back for more.

Reactions: FunnyJay

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
There's some channels on YT focused on low-end rigs / older builds, yeah. RandomGamingHD still does some benchmarks on low-end hw every now and then IIRC, for example.
I actually found the one I was thinking of by JERMgaming, but I'll check that guy out. This was the video I was specifically remembering:

Holy shit this looks so good and straight up my alley.

Reactions: lashman and MJunioR

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I re-watched the Half-Life 2 Episode 2 ending again earlier today.
It's still extremely good and the fadeout to credits is just perfect.

Yup, my showcase has updated at least, though now it's all just Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC score or timerun achievements. It's probably correct though, can't imagine those are super popular achievements.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

Wait what?

This says: "Hi! We saw your post and we want to help! Games received for free or bought with your Stadia Pro subscription discount, won't be available once your subscription expires. You'll still be able to play games purchased at full price."

Are they out of their mind? Free games are annoying but eh... Sony does it. But games purchased with the subscriber discount too?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Wait what?

This says: "Hi! We saw your post and we want to help! Games received for free or bought with your Stadia Pro subscription discount, won't be available once your subscription expires. You'll still be able to play games purchased at full price."

Are they out of their mind? Free games are annoying but eh... Sony does it. But games purchased with the subscriber discount too?
Seemingly confirmed a communication error

Still a good laugh

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
2h30 for either dissapointment, meh, cool, nice, what is that shit, that looks incredible, well that's noting, is that all, holy fucking shit or happy crying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsene and TheTrain

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
2h30 for either dissapointment, meh, cool, nice, what is that shit, that looks incredible, well that's noting, is that all, holy fucking shit or happy crying.
In my case there is high probability of being "Fuck!!! Now I need to find a lot money somewhere to buy a decent VR kit" :p

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Vesper Arcade's launched a new video today to clarify the stuff about SFV CE, it's very well explained ;)
Vesper Arcade tend to put out some questionable videos sometimes, but at least this should help those on the fence.
Simply put SF5 CE dlc gives you 95% of the game's content.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Since they own twitch this makes a lot of sense. A lot of potential too assuming they don't fuck up the launch like Google has.

Imagine just being able to click some button while watching a twitch channel and playing that game instantly. Or playing a demo while throwing bits or wtvr bs at the streamer. That site is gonna be drowning in layers and layers of clouds/monetization/ads.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I hope we actually get to see proper gameplay, but given that it's valve it's almost guaranteed

Reactions: lashman

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Reactions: Mor and derExperte

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
oh fuck me that's good

Oculus and SteamVR controller support. Might even mean it will use Oculus SDK.

Reactions: NarohDethan
Status
Not open for further replies.