Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way how do people that cover games choose what to cover?

Since a number of them seem to cover the same topic? And it doesn't feel like they go out of their way to talk about something else that is more interesting. I feel like if you want something like that you have to go to youtube and watch something by say the Internet Historian about Fallout 76. I still don't understand why on YouTube I will see a trailer for a game for say Rockstar and then IGN has their own even though it's a 1:1 (?) of the trailer that Rockstar has? Is this because they make ad revenue from people watching that video? Just like how in the past IGN will just slap a new title to an old trailer to get more views and there for more money?

There is a lot about all of this that I want to learn more about.

I want to know more about this video, since I did mention it back when the DS game was announced to officially be coming to PC again.

By the way Happy Halloween.

I am currently updating Apex so that I can still play the Holloween update since it ends in a few days.

I think I might even end up buying the physical Lifeline thing that they are selling for $20USD. What can I get with 1K Apex coins since it comes with that as well. It's nice to know that my progress will carry over to Steam.

I am deleting a lot of the stuff on my PC right now since I have a lot of games installed but I doubt I will play any of them. I don't want to delete the games with really big file sizes though since those will take a very long time to re-download. Well at least I should have a 2TB NVME by the end of the year so that should help a lot.

Now this is a good pro consumer move
I wonder if they will also have a PC CE as well

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It either better be a goddamn masterpiece or a complete mess. I don't want some boring 74-85 average score, I want either 95 or 25. I want to see blood spilt over (not literally) over these scores. The pre-release discussion was already spicy enough, I just want more.

TEAM CHAOS

I am curiously waiting for someone to point out which Visual Novels he ripped off for DS' story :V
So is Humble moving to the Humble Choice system later today?
Still ok to sign up and keep pausing for as long as it suits?
Go to

Scroll down until you see a link that asks if you're already a subbed member. If you see it, click it and are shown classic, you should be good to go.

Otherwise, if you want this bundle for at least the games shown, get it, otherwise. Wait for the next bundle.

If the next bundle is Choice....consider a group buy.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
bwahaha, the reviews are really good. Cue the meltdowns from the Kojima haters and the Kojima Stans.

I ain't melting down.
I'm chorttling. Quielty. Followed by me taking a sip of coffee. Cuz I wanna try and stay up all night today playing vidya games and slacking off :V
Maybe I'll catch up to some tv series for that matter. I'm 3 eps. behind Black Lightning >_>;;;;;

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is what I am saying we need constancy

Steam review wise it will likely be in the high 80s and low 90s.

It's not getting above a 95

So in 2021?

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Nice month here too (lol'd at Terminator recommendation though :blobxorcism: )
But (as always) will go with retro challenge, no day one purchases (especially nerdy strategy games).

bwahaha, the reviews are really good. Cue the meltdowns from the Kojima haters and the Kojima Stans.

Haters gonna hate, even if game had 99 MC score :notlikethisblob:

Reactions: lashman

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Giving how fucking boring MGSV was, DS being in the mid 80s probably means that the game is even more bland, to the point when Kojima's status not helping it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm curious about Jim Sterling's impressions, I almost always agree with him.

Reactions: lashman

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
Skimming through the reviews, most are really divisive on the movement and combat. Some hate the movement while liking the combat and vice-versa. At least the story sounds good from what most are saying.

Reactions: KainXVIII

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm not sure what the reason is, because I'm not reading the text of these reviews too carefully to avoid some spoilers, but it's really weird that it seems like the harshest reviews are coming from USA-based sites, while foreign sites seem to be more widely enthusiastic.

IGN Spain/Italy/Benelux/Japan/Brazil, numerous French sites, a couple Italian sites, a Greek site, Eurogamer, all give the game high marks.

I wonder what could explain that. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it feels weird. I wonder what's in the game that could possibly drive a regional difference in opinion.
USA has the worst taste confirmed.

in all seriousness, I’m glad this forum is populated by reasonable, sensible people. I’d hate to be the mod of any message board right now.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm not sure what the reason is, because I'm not reading the text of these reviews too carefully to avoid some spoilers, but it's really weird that it seems like the harshest reviews are coming from USA-based sites, while foreign sites seem to be more widely enthusiastic.

IGN Spain/Italy/Benelux/Japan/Brazil, numerous French sites, a couple Italian sites, a Greek site, Eurogamer, all give the game high marks.

I wonder what could explain that. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it feels weird. I wonder what's in the game that could possibly drive a regional difference in opinion.
One possibility is politics?

Just remember everyone

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I don't care for scores, MGSV was praised to hell and back and I found parts of it exceptional but the whole of it super forgettable. I want something I'll love. Which doesn't mean I expect it to be MGSV done "right", I'm just saying, cos it's his last high profile hyped game. This could be D3 for all I care, just be awesome.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
That's 4 reviews vs 50, such comparisons don't mean much. Unless you're not comparing them, just happened to post them together.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Edit: I realized after my post that you were mostly talking about critics, my bad! :LOL:
i was, yes :p haha ... and no worries :photoblobheart:

I still remember when I did the original Stardew Valley back on GAF. I waited for some reviews to also put in the OT and there were only two, meanwhile the game was selling very well.
yeah, exactly .... reviewers only started noticing it when it already became a HUGE success and sold a shitload of copies

Well, in my defense I'm old and cranky :p
yes ... yes, you are :p lol

I've been enjoying the Outer Worlds a lot. Very rarely does a game make me want to do all the side content before going to the main mission.
good to hear you're enjoying it, Munch :) can't wait to play it once it's on steam

I'm officially a married man. :giggle:
congrats! :D

Oh neat can't believe it's still October
:disapproval-blob:

Just passing by, this new thread looks as good as the previous threads
awwww, thank you :cat-heart-blob:

@lashman add me also to the monthly challenge thing.:D
done and done! :D

(lol'd at Terminator recommendation though :blobxorcism: )
what? why not? ;)

But (as always) will go with retro challenge, no day one purchases (especially nerdy strategy games).
good luck ... it's a REALLY good game! :D

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Oh my God the DS reviews are even better than I could have imagined. It's actually a divisive game. We're getting scores ranging from 3s to 10s.

This is amazing.

My totally unbiased opinion: 9/10s from the cult of Kojjma, 3/10s from people who actually like games. Kojima jumped the megalodon, Konami vindicated.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So no Choice today?

Hm, if I didn't already have Kiwami this would be a no-brainer but even then I have both Portia and Soul Calibur on my wishlist.
Oh wait dec. games include portia?

If so i would like to trade for a portia key with any of y'all getting it :3
My totally unbiased opinion: 9/10s from the cult of Kojjma, 3/10s from people who actually like games. Kojima jumped the megalodon, Konami vindicated.
GIVE ME CLASSIC COMPILATION RELEASES SO THAT I STOP BEING TEMPTED TO GET YOUR OLD CATALOG THROUGH UNSCRUPULOUS MEANS KONAMISALAMI

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It takes more than a few seconds to reply or post something, kinda feels offish but I guess it's on my end.
yeah, no idea what's going on, sorry :(

Previous banners showcased five games.
Why only settle for this one.
i didn't have enough time to do a proper one this month :( sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.