Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm at the final boss of Divinity Original Sin, it's not as good as the sequel of course but it's still a masterpiece.

These games are so fucking huge and I feel conflicted about it. On one hand, I think that you can't have too much of these brilliant games but on the other hand sometimes I can't help but wish that they were shorter. I have so much stuff to play! But then I tell myself "most of those other games aren't as good as this anyway", then I say "I know but I want to check them out because they're awesome as well but at this rate I'll die of old age before I do".
So in the end you feel relieved when you finish a game which is weird because you fucking loved it. And it's not like there's any padding, these games fully justify their lenght, it's just the dilema of either dedicating several months to a single game or missing out on it entirely.
When you have a busy life how do you fit a 100 hour game into it? Sometimes I have to read old log entries to remember what happened early in the game because that was 6 fucking months ago.

Last edited:

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Any experience with Sabrent NVME SSDs? I could get a 1TB one that is usually sold for 170 to 200 euros for 98 euros. I'm quite tempted.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Any experience with Sabrent NVME SSDs? I could get a 1TB one that is usually sold for 170 to 200 euros for 98 euros. I'm quite tempted.
Apparently they downgraded the controller and cache so old reviews aren'T valid anymore, happens a lot with those kind of brands. Still a good price, was very close to buying the 2TB one for ~230€ myself.

Reactions: Eferis

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Any piano players here? I'd like to know if there are piano books with sheets for gaming related music that I can buy :)

I know there are sheets online, but many of those sites are locked behind a paywall.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have a looooot of work to do to course correct my life. But after today I can safely say that you are not part of it.
I received a lot of love :loudly-crying-face:

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYBODY, you made a miserable day feel quite good.

PS. Even my deep love for pizza won't make me face the cold today. I will eat some shitty chicken, but I will do it in relative warm.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Happy b-day Li Kao, hang in there.

Everyone is gushing over the LG C9 OLED. There are some big discounts right now but I still can't afford. Fuck me.
Gonna keep rocking that 10 year old 37" 1080p tv. The screen is looking weird, It has these "shadows" that are really noticeable when the screen is white, like some parts of the screen have a layer of dust.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Okay, I'm really feeling Disco Elysium now. The "getting your shit together" thought cabinet thing got a hearty laugh out of me. Very cool, haha.

Only now I'm not entirely sure about my charcter build, but I'm hearing it should be fine regardless. I went 2 intellect / 5 psyche / 2 strength / 3 motorics (with my signature skill being inland empire, so another +1 to psyche). Thinking I might've preferred dropping strength one and raising either motorics or intellect for better "cop" skills, i.e. analyzing the scene. Anyone have thoughts on that? I guess I could also just improve visual calculus and perception through level-ups?

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Idk but uplay does handle games from steam differently to games from it, ie, I couldn't install ubi games owned on steam from uplay alone (iirc, long ago).
I tried this morning with Far Cry 5 and it also isnt showing up. I wonder if that’s because I bought a bundle of the two (which would be stupid but... Ubisoft)

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
In light of what Phil said for Xbox, YoshP said that Sony will continue to support the PSVR and that it will work with the PS5, but there will likely also be a PSVR2, maybe sort of similar to what is happening with Steam VR, you can use any SteamVR HMD with Alyx but it was built with the index (PSVR2) in mind.
Honestly I don't think people need to be getting on Phil for his comments.

They've got a brand new 500$ console to sell people next year. That is where 100% of their focus will be. They can't tout VR as the next big thing and ask people to spend an additional 300-400$ on top of the new console price. It would be disastrous for them and PR would destroy them. Console gaming still has a stigma to it that involves being cheap + family friendly.

Its the same thing with Sony. I don't think you will see either of the two companies talk much about VR until like 2022 or 2023 again. By then they would have sold dozens of millions of new consoles and then they can introduce peripherals. Right now they are gonna need people to go out and buy new consoles first and foremost.

I think Sony will still support the first PSVR headset and they'll just tell PS5 owners that they can use one if they have it. And ofc they will support developers who do want to release VR games on the PS5 storefront. The experience will just be on the ver weak side of things compared to Index/Oculus.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Honestly I don't think people need to be getting on Phil for his comments.

They've got a brand new 500$ console to sell people next year. That is where 100% of their focus will be. They can't tout VR as the next big thing and ask people to spend an additional 300-400$ on top of the new console price. It would be disastrous for them and PR would destroy them. Console gaming still has a stigma to it that involves being cheap + family friendly.

Its the same thing with Sony. I don't think you will see either of the two companies talk much about VR until like 2022 or 2023 again. By then they would have sold dozens of millions of new consoles and then they can introduce peripherals. Right now they are gonna need people to go out and buy new consoles first and foremost.

I think Sony will still support the first PSVR headset and they'll just tell PS5 owners that they can use one if they have it. And ofc they will support developers who do want to release VR games on the PS5 storefront. The experience will just be on the ver weak side of things compared to Index/Oculus.
It's not about not having it at launch or even not wishing to support it, just being dismissive about it as he clearly was. Maybe he fixed it with his later reply but the original comments were clearly dismissive of VR as a whole and therefor by extension anyone who enjoys or is working on it in its current form (which will honestly be roughly the same form in 5 years time or whenever PSVR2 drops or they start thinking about it for Xbox at all). Don't expect PSVR2 to make Index look like a NES or whatever people like saying about VR being in its initial steps comparable to such old systems. The hardware is mature, yes improvements will come just as monitors and controllers also improve out of VR but the groundwork is laid down, and the game design is not at NES levels because while VR offers things you can't do elsewhere peripheral game design know how and game technologies apply just the same to it so a lot of software is also mature. The one thing missing was bigger companies willing to invest and flesh out ideas already seen by smaller developers and indies but that's slowly changing too (and Oculus funded higher production value stuff from day one so it wasn't nonexistent or anything either, just more rare than indie developers going at it).

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.