Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!

SpellForce 3: Fallen God

Your dwindling, nomadic tribe of trolls has just one goal: survival. Plagued by vicious poachers for your precious tusks and weakened by disease, hope is almost lost - until an enigmatic Elven stranger offers you, the young chieftain Akrog, a path to salvation: you must resurrect a fallen god.

Apex Legends

Conquer with character in Apex Legends, a free-to-play* Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame & fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.

Möbius Front '83

The year is 1983 and the United States of America must defend itself from an enemy it could have never imagined— an America from an alternate universe that will stop at nothing to seize control of the country’s heartland!

In Möbius Front ‘83 you will fight tactical, turn-based battles with the cutting-edge military hardware of the early 1980s. Use every tool available -- powerful tanks, fast-moving attack helicopters, long-ranged artillery, tenacious infantry, and more -- to control the complex and rapidly-changing battlefield of the era.

Who are the “Americans” attacking America, and why? Find out in the game’s extensive single-player campaign and its fully voiced cutscenes. When you’re ready for some R&R, play a new kind of solitaire, solve Zachtronics-style puzzles, and even read the U.S. military manuals that inspired the game.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered

Feel the thrill of the chase and the rush of escape in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered on PC. Unleash a savage sense of speed both as an outlaw and a cop in the world's hottest high-performance cars. Outsmart the heat or take down lawbreakers with the tactical weaponry at your disposal in a heart-pumping, socially competitive racing experience. Updated with enhanced visuals, cross-platform multiplayer — including the asynchronous competition powered by Autolog — plus all additional main DLC, this is the ultimate edition of Criterion Games’ critically acclaimed Need for Speed debut. It’s time to reignite the pursuit.

DIRT 5

DIRT 5 is the boldest off-road racing experience created by Codemasters. Blaze a trail on routes across the world, covering gravel, ice, snow and sand, with a roster of cars ranging from rally icons to trucks, to GT heroes. With a star-studded Career, four-player split-screen, innovative online modes, livery editor and more new features, DIRT 5 is the next generation of extreme racing.

Whilst respecting the heritage and retaining the DNA of the franchise, DIRT 5 writes a new chapter in the legacy of DIRT – bolder and braver than ever before. New features, new innovations and a fresh approach make DIRT 5 a hub of off-road racing, style and culture, where you can constantly create highlight-reel moments.

Take a trip around the world to and race on over 70+ unique routes across 10 different global locations in stunning, dynamic environments. From racing on the frozen East River in New York, to under the Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, to shining by the Northern Lights at Norway, take on opponents, the terrain and extreme, everchanging conditions.

Get behind the wheel of an eclectic and exciting roster of cars. Conquer the toughest of terrain with boulder-beating machines, take iconic rally cars to new locations, or feel the power of 900bhp sprint cars. Rallycross, GT, trophy trucks, buggies muscle cars complete the ultimate off-road garage.

World-renowned voice talents Troy Baker and Nolan North head up the cast of DIRT 5’s story-driven Career mode. Under the tutelage of an icon, all eyes are on you to become the new star of an amplified world of off-road racing. Earn sponsorships and unique rewards, conquer all locations, and take on a fierce rival in our biggest ever Career.

Local split-screen up to four players on offline modes, including Career, makes DIRT 5 the perfect couch multiplayer racing game as you battle for position with your friends. Online, throw down in curated race playlists for up to 12 players and compete in innovative objective-based modes.

Capture your biggest jumps and best moves with a detailed Photo Mode, and show your creative flair with DIRT’s deepest-ever livery editor for all cars. Plus, more brand new features that allow all players to create and play in DIRT like never before.

Prodeus

Prodeus is the first person shooter of old, re-imagined using modern rendering techniques. It reaches the quality you expect from a AAA experience while adhering to some of the aesthetic technical limits of older hardware.

Observer: System Redux

Observer: System Redux is the definitive vision of the award-winning cyberpunk thriller, rebuilt and augmented for the next generation.

Veteran Observers can dive deeper into this dystopian reality thanks to three brand-new side cases to solve. “Errant Signal”, “Her Fearful Symmetry” and “It Runs in the Family” add another layer of depth to the game’s story while exploring thought-provoking themes of a future that soon might become our present.

On top of that, System Redux offers expanded gameplay, which includes new game mechanics, new secrets to find, redesigned stealth, additional neural interrogations, and quality-of-life improvements made with the help of the Observer community.

Newcomers get the chance to experience one of the most thrilling cyberpunk stories in all its next-gen glory: boasting 4K resolution, upgraded textures, new animations, models and effects, and transformed with jaw-dropping Ray-Tracing and HDR lighting.

The year is 2084. The future has turned out much darker than anyone could imagine. First, there was the Nanophage. A digital plague that killed thousands upon thousands of those who chose to augment their minds and bodies.
Then came the War, leaving both the West and the East decimated and shattered. With no one left to seize power, corporations took over and forged their own crooked empires.

You are a tool of corporate oppression. Feared and despised, you hack into the darkest corners of your suspects’ minds. You creep into their dreams, expose their fears, and extract whatever your investigation may require.

You are an Observer.

Using a device known as the Dream Eater, hack into the minds of the dead and dying to relive their final moments, to explore their fears and obsessions. Delve into these twisted neural mazes and search for clues that will help you find the elusive killer. But beware: the deeper you go, the greater the risk of losing your own sanity.

Using a device known as the Dream Eater, hack into the minds of the dead and dying to relive their final moments, to explore their fears and obsessions. Delve into these twisted neural mazes and search for clues that will help you find the elusive killer. But beware: the deeper you go, the greater the risk of losing your own sanity.

Enter a world ravaged by war and cyber-plague, where life is cheap and hope is scarce. Where most people will do anything to escape their grim existence. Virtual realities, mind-altering drugs, neural implants - pick your poison and drift away into a blissful oblivion. But remember, no matter how deep you go, you can never hide from an Observer.

The Falconeer

Become the Falconeer and soar through the skies aboard a devastatingly powerful Warbird. Uncover secrets lost to the sea as you join or oppose different factions and clans scattered throughout The Great Ursee. Take advantage of multiple Falconeer classes with individual stats, weapons and warbirds that can be upgraded through winning battles, completing quests, discovering secrets, or applying Mutagens or Chants. Use ocean thermals and energy to dive, dodge, barrel-roll, and twist to gain an advantage.

The Falconeer is an open-world air combat game, featuring fast, brutal aerial dogfights and deep exploration of an incredible fantasy open-world set not only above the clouds but also amongst the waves and down through the sunken, ocean depths.

The Great Ursee is an ancient place, filled with beautifully detailed locations to find and explore, not only above the clouds, but also below the waves. Discover sparks of order and civilization as well as wild and dangerous coasts filled with treasure, pirates, lost technology and amazing creatures.

Combat in the Falconeer is fast, brutal and devastating. The unique abilities of Warbirds allow for an unparalleled level of control and movability, creating epic fights with mounted enemies such as War Falcons, Weaver dragons, Mantarays and Razorbeetles.

The rich and powerful yield fleets of airships and Falconeers to protect their assets, while revolution and dissent are brewing among the downtrodden and poor. Join and support your faction, flying missions that may change the fate of your comrades as well as yourself.

Choose your unique character’s origin story, and build an unbreakable bond between player and bird, through one of multiple playable campaigns, encompassed by a world packed with side quests and free-flying exploration you won’t want to miss!

Purchase new weapons, armour, cosmetics, and mutagens to perfect your mount – whatever the cost.

XIII

XIII is a remake of the cult first-person action game that was initially released in 2003. You play as “XIII”, a man without an identity, in a solo campaign with numerous twists and turns. Inspired by the eponymous graphic novel, the game features a completely reinvented and unique cel-shading design. In XIII, players can also take part in fierce multi-player fights.

The country remains in a state of shock following the assassination of President Sheridan. You wake up, wounded and with amnesia, on a deserted beach on the east coast. The only clues as to your identity are a tattoo of the number XIII near your collarbone and a locker key. Even though your memory is failing, you discover that you have the reflexes of a highly trained professional fighter. You set off in search of your past, discovering that you played a role in the murder of the President of the United States of America, and revealing the most astounding conspiracy ever hatched in the country's history.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Ichiban Kasuga, a low-ranking grunt of a low-ranking yakuza family in Tokyo, faces an 18-year prison sentence after taking the fall for a crime he didn't commit. Never losing faith, he loyally serves his time and returns to society to discover that no one was waiting for him on the outside, and his clan has been destroyed by the man he respected most.
Ichiban sets out to discover the truth behind his family's betrayal and take his life back, drawing a ragtag group of society’s outcasts to his side: Adachi, a rogue cop, Nanba, a homeless ex-nurse, and Saeko, a hostess on a mission. Together, they are drawn into a conflict brewing beneath the surface in Yokohama and must rise to become the heroes they never expected to be.

Experience dynamic RPG combat like none other. Switch between 19 unique Jobs ranging from Bodyguard to Musician, using the battlefield as your weapon. Take up bats, umbrellas, bikes, signs, and everything else at your disposal to clean up the streets!

When you're not busy bashing heads, relax by hitting up the local arcade for some classic SEGA games, compete with locals in a no holds barred go-kart race around Yokohama, complete 50 unique substories, or just take in the scenery of a modern-day Japanese city. There’s always something new around the corner.

Rogue

In the early 1980s, a computer game emerged that changed the world of fantasy gaming forever. Randomly generated rooms meant that each journey into the infamous Dungeons of Doom was unique. The potent combination of random generation with perma-death proved to be intoxicating, and the game was so influential it spawned an entire genre: "Rogue-likes".

Now you too can experience the thrill of dungeon crawling for the fabled Amulet of Yendor in the original ASCII adventure.

How long has it been?

How many lifetimes have passed since I began my sojourn through this maze of underground passageways, of damp, dimly lit chambers? How long have I been alone, the only human among a menacing crew of hideous subterranean beasts, stumbling over forlorn reminders that others have passed this way before me... never to return!

Long before I forgot the warmth of the noonday sun or the refreshing coolness of the evening breeze, I forgot my name. Call me what you will. I am the Rogue.

Spelunky 2

Get the achievement: Track Star​

Finish the Tutorial Speedrun in under 30 seconds.

People who have completed the challenge:​

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the [HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS] tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Only Apex Legends on Steam for me this month, and maybe Falconeer if its good as I'm expecting it to be.

Great thread as always, Thanks Lashman!

• Hug
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I wonder if I could get into Spelunky 2. I bounced kind of hard from Spelunky back in the day on 360 and never went back to it, but have always wondered if it was a time and place thing.

On another note, I've been playing a bunch of Nelke & The Legendary Alchemists.
I'm not really an Atelier super fan so I'm kind of not in the actual target demo for this and I'm actually just skipping most of the wacky alchemist interactions, but I'm enjoying the management aspects. Like so many Atelier games it too has a set time limit and I actually failed that yesterday after about 36 hours. Stings a bit. Though you get a clear save from that and some bonuses to friendships and whatnot on the next run, so I guess I'm playing it more. The other benefit is obviously that I now know how the game works. The tutorials and manual were really poor at some details and somewhat spotty translation didn't really help, so starting over now should be smooth sailing.

Reactions: Durante

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Great thread as always lashman :photoblobheart:
The selection is diverse and tempting. Will at least be Prodeus and Observer for me.

• Hug

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks for the thread:face-throwing-a-kiss:

Interested to see how the Falconeer will fare. Look forward to the console launches and humble choice as well. I have a feeling that this month will be great for gaming.

• Hug

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
So, the credits just rolled for CoD WWII. I got it on day one for Multiplayer but I just got around to play the campaign on PC and played it as a preparation for CoD Black Ops Cold War.

Where to begin? I think it is a good game as it is. The plot is standard USA military propaganda. It also looks VERY good graphically (in my opinion, of course), with some wonderful vistas.

Just a couple screenshots I took.

The game has varied enough gameplay, alternating from standard corridor shooter, an espionage mission, stealth sections, and the occasional tank/plane level as well.
The action however is absolutely ridiculous, hence the thread title. It is so over the top that you will be laughing your ass off rather than be amazed that you just made it out alive.

I think it is worth a shot, and ranks on the top 5 of my favorite CoD campaigns.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Hi November! This is my second favorite month of the year, so here's hoping for some great things. And as always, great OT lashy!

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and ISee

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Had a quiet Halloween this year. Me and my girlfriend planned to play The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope. However, the acting and writing was so bad we had to drop it and get a Steam refund.

Not sure what November holds for me. I think I'm gonna hold off on buying anything new and instead play some games from my backlog.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
FOMO November !
Though I don’t have the use or budget to feed them, new consoles !
More interesting but as unattainable, new GPUs !
I guess I will at least be able to finally buy the new Xbox controller :thinking-blob:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Happy November everyone

Played some Ashen and it is alright though I have some gripes with it. I think what a lot of people overlook when taking souls-combat as inspiration are the animations in it. I feel conditioned to evade while an enemy attack is happening and before it hits me in these type of games and I think I have an okay enough grasp on it in the From games because it is readable. In Ashen it feels like this particular animation is missing. There is the attack windup and then immediately the attack from what I have seen. While they have the dash from Bloodborne this doesn't really lead to risky play... at least so far. It seems like I am alright evading in the windup animation which is something I usually not want to do.
I know there are budget discrepancies between Ashen and From's games so I don't want to hold it too against it. At the same time wonder if lots of people (and devs) who like this type of combat think it is enough to put a stamina bar, shield and evade in a game and think that is enough.

Anyway, having a good enough time with Ashen. Feels like a very chill soulslike so far. Not digging the visuals as much as I thought but it is alright.

Excited for Yakuza 7. And my PS5 arriving in 2 and a half weeks. Getting more excited the closer it gets. Kinda most excited about the controller stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.