Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
What does WFH mean?

Anyway, Raspberry pi is not a highend computer where you can do photoshop work. I don't even think Photoshop is available for Raspberry Pi
Huh, I see. Does that mean that it's not running on Windows? I can use alternatives like Gimp if I can't use Photoshop.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Thanks Deku , I guess I'll keep using my laptop for work.

Note: certain features for the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor videogame will no longer be available beginning Dec. 31, 2020.

Affected Features:
• The Nemesis Forge feature will no longer be available. Therefore, players will no longer be able to transfer their in-game Nemeses from Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor to Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
• Vendetta missions and Leaderboards will no longer be available.
• WBPlay will no longer be available, but the epic runes "Orc Hunter" and "Gravewalker" will automatically be awarded to all players.
But I haven't finished it. :pensive-face:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I wonder what's gonna happen with stuff like Destiny and The Division. Technically there's a lot of solo stuff in both of them, so devs can theoretically cut off online functionality and rebalance the game towards the offline play.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I wonder what's gonna happen with stuff like Destiny and The Division. Technically there's a lot of solo stuff in both of them, so devs can theoretically cut off online functionality and rebalance the game towards the offline play.
Yeah I played The Division completely on my own, even the end game stuff. I fear mostly that Ubi won't bother making it playable in SP and let it die instead.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
But I haven't finished it. :pensive-face:
as someone who has finished the game yesterday you don't really lose anything, the vendetta missions are lost but you need 1 for the achievement in like 30+ hours of gameplay, they add nothing of interest over killing uruk normally (they're literally "go here, kill this uruk")
I have never touched the rest and I have 100% achievements.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Huh, I see. Does that mean that it's not running on Windows? I can use alternatives like Gimp if I can't use Photoshop.
Pi is arm64 device and you're supposed to use a Unix system on it. If you want a look that's Windows (any version of it) or Mac, I suggest Twister OS.
That said, as other people already commented, it's not really a replacement for home computer. If all you need PC for is some light word/excel work and browsing web (bank, shopping), then by all means, it's a great option since it's cheap and takes very little space. If you do any sort of productivity work though, it won't do. Same with gaming, there are some games that have arm64 versions and some engine ports and some consoles can be emulated well (including Dreamcast), but otherwise no dice. The GPU in particular is very weak in Pi.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

There are s0me interesting thoughts on the last two tweets and an fact it seems from old times I didn't know about.
I'm also pretty curious to know what might be the trigger to get your game in a deal with an important publisher nowaydays.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Pi i
They are good for emulations, but I think they still have a long way to replace home/work computers. Although I haven''t used a pi as a work computer yet. So I might be wrong here.

If you can work in Linux environment, then you can give it a try.
It's fine for basic work, writing a letter, browsing, watching a video (unless it's YT 4k) etc.
Even steam streaming is fine.

But as a complete replacement, I agree it's just not there yet.

• Eyes

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
A random thought of the day, and an old ache : I really, really wish there was some kind of desktop visual experience that was as good as what Macs do, or at least used to. I don't mean the design of the OS itself, nor the options, but purely the aesthetic. Even Aero didn't come close and what I have experienced of Linux doesn't reach that either.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
A random thought of the day, and an old ache : I really, really wish there was some kind of desktop visual experience that was as good as what Macs do, or at least used to. I don't mean the design of the OS itself, nor the options, but purely the aesthetic. Even Aero didn't come close and what I have experienced of Linux doesn't reach that either.
Yeah macOS is the shit. Not only visually but how it works. I can imagine using anything else for work and general life. My dream would be if Apple one day makes the os available to anyone, meaning I can build a PC and use the OS and have Windows on the side for games.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah macOS is the shit. Not only visually but how it works. I can imagine using anything else for work and general life. My dream would be if Apple one day makes the os available to anyone, meaning I can build a PC and use the OS and have Windows on the side for games.
Visually, I agree. How it works, absolutely not, not in my opinion. Half of its capabilities are gated behind paywalls and it functions like a corporate perversion of Unix :p.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Not sure what functions are behind paywalls? I find macOS to be much more of a complete package than windows.
From the top of my head, file-sharing functionalities and being able to assign them to arbitrary folders was locked away behind MacOS Server way back when I used a G5.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Sony Online Entertainment now Daybreak

They had a "launcher" and everything.

Notable Games:

• Everquest 1 and 2
  • Planetside 1 and 2
  • Star Wars Galaxies
  • Matrix Online
  • DCU Online
  • H1Z1 (The Original standalone Battle Royale)
  • Payday: The heist

and many more
Rumors have it they are coming back to releasing some of their AAA single player games, after Horizon Zero Dawn.
Time will tell I guess.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
I have a Raspberry Pi4 with Twister OS, I mainly use it hooked up to my bedroom TV for emulation and media center purposes and it's great for that. It can run Gimp, but probably too slowly to really be productive with it.

• Eyes

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Finished the new Doom DLC and it took me around 6 hours. Really got my ass kicked the first hour since I've totally forgot how to play and it expects you to use every upgrade and tool at your disposal. Once I was back in the flow I felt the same adrenaline rush throughout the fights just like in the main game.

I hope they will release part 2 rather sooner than later. I don't want to relearn everything again. Also kinda disappointing that the promised RTX features are still missing almost half a year after release.

Now I need something new to play and I'm considering jumping into Ghostrunner but the demo I played a few months back didn't really sell me on the game. I felt that the early levels were kinda bland and boring. Does it get more exciting later on?

Reactions: Valdien and lashman

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Unpopular opinion but I really do wish Macs were worth a damn for gaming :(

Reactions: Swenhir

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
One of the best things about Yakuza games is that when you start a sidequest literally ANYTHING can happen.
Like always I'm spending hours at a time getting sidetracked in Kiwami 2.

Looking at some older games in the backlog to play (wont be able to afford new hardware in the foreseeable future) I'm looking at Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, seems right up my alley, it's actually weird that I never got around to playing it.
Also Castlevania LOS2, I really liked LOS1 back in the day but the terrible reviews the sequel got put me off. That crazy cliffhanger always stayed in the back of my mind. Is the game really that bad?
I have both in my steam library because of giveaways I won, I should get around to them after finishing Kiwami 2.

Also, my brother got me to try Ghostrunner today, seems pretty cool.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have played a bit of Catherine. The game is polished, but I had to deactivate the overlay of MSI Afterburner, otherwise the game would crash.

It looks like a decent puzzle game hidden in a weird setting. I would be okay playing the same game in a simpler shell, like Rapunzel.

Moreover, I have a hard time understanding how it requires 13.5 hours to beat, as there are only 8 stages. It took me 1h30 to go through the first two stages. There must be a ton of (anime) cutscenes. :face-with-medical-mask:

:kappa:

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: C-Dub and Tomasety

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
So for the past hour or so I've been trying to buy a few games from Steam at the tail end of the sale, and it can't even get to the final checkout page. It just fails to initialize. Both in browser and client. I also can't actually log a support ticket via the "correct" way, if I put in that I'm trying to purchase a "game or software" it just goes to a page that the only option is "having trouble with a physical CD Key". So, that's a great way to not buy anything I guess.

I'm unreasonably pissed because I've been disappointed by the last like 4 games in my library I've tried to play through and wanted to get some promising ones on sale and now it's not an option.

• Sad

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
So for the past hour or so I've been trying to buy a few games from Steam at the tail end of the sale, and it can't even get to the final checkout page. It just fails to initialize. Both in browser and client. I also can't actually log a support ticket via the "correct" way, if I put in that I'm trying to purchase a "game or software" it just goes to a page that the only option is "having trouble with a physical CD Key". So, that's a great way to not buy anything I guess.

I'm unreasonably pissed because I've been disappointed by the last like 4 games in my library I've tried to play through and wanted to get some promising ones on sale and now it's not an option.

DRAGON QUEST® XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Definitive Edition Demo WWデポ

DRAGON QUEST® XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Definitive Edition Demo Jデポ

Reason: Fixed order
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.