Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Is the RE8 DLC useful storywise? Or can I just skip it and get the Standard Edition?
Also holy crap so much of my wishlist is on sale. It's been a while since the last good sale for me.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Just had an extremely fun Fiesta match in Halo. Tie at 35 at the ending time so we entered overtime. Everyone played safe and sneaked around. Then, someone from the opposing team managed to get into a missile warthog, killed my teammates and scored at 45-43, but I snatched a fusion core and threw it towards the warthog at the last second and killed two. Tie at the very end.

My favorite match so far. High level play from both sides.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Update: Post was apparently fake. Thanks for the heads up EdwardTivrusky!

Hello Splinter Cell Blacklist Fans,

My name is {I retracted the name on purpose here}, I am Head of the Ubisoft Customer Relationship Center. It has been brought to my attention by one of our team leads here at Ubisoft Customer Support, {I retracted the name on purpose here}, that many users have been reporting issues connecting with the Splinter Cell Blacklist services when attempting to access the multiplayer or cooperative features of the game.

Rest assured, we are aware of the issue. However, given the age of the game in question, and the relatively inactive player base, the game team has decided not to devote any further resources into rectifying this issue.

It is for this reason that I must ask you, our loyal players, to refrain from opening any further support tickets regarding this issue. My team and I have no input into the decision making process of the game teams, and by continuing to weigh down the support team with well-known and unsolvable issues only serves to prevent other innocent players from receiving the prompt problem solving they deserve.

Any support tickets submitted regarding this issue in the future will be met with a 7 day ban. During this period, you will be unable to make purchases through the Ubisoft store, log in to Ubisoft websites, log in to your Ubisoft account or play through the Ubisoft Connect client. However, you may still play offline. Customer support will not be able to lift this ban.

Further offenses will be met with a permanent ban.

In addition, any users found to be intentionally using an earlier version of Ubisoft Connect or Uplay launchers in order to workaround the issue will be banned. Older versions of Ubisoft Connect are no longer secure, and continuing to make use of them could result in security breaches to your Ubisoft account or Ubisoft as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Respectfully,
{I retracted the name on purpose here}
Ubisoft Customer Relationship Center
Red Storm Entertainment, Cary, NC

Last edited:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Apparently Ubisoft is banning folks who ask for a fix for an old game?

I thought it could no way be a real post, but it is stickied on their forum. Like sheeeesh, the optics to come right out and have an official statement like this in any capacity.
Unreal. I just sold my Wii U copy of this game, since I don't have a Wii U anymore. I've never played it, but it's been on my list for a long, long time. After selling the game, I was happy to see it so cheap on Steam and looking forward to finally playing it. However, reviews called out that the DLC requires online, and connectivity was broken. Now this. Fuck this company. I'll pirate it and any other Ubisoft games I ever feel like playing.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
According to the Splinter Cell reddit the MP was broken but some players found that using an older client to connect to the servers would let them get MP working. However there was apparently one user who posted a screenshot of him spamming their support with a thousand emails so obviously he's the catalyst behind the "Fuck you!" message and tone from Ubisoft.

... but rather than deal with it professionally Ubisoft had to be trash about it. Great work from the head of CR there, Ubisoft. Good job. Keep digging.

edit: Updated, it was apparently fake.

Ubisoft announced they will not fix Blacklist online connectivity issues

UPDATE: The thread on the Ubisoft official forum has been deleted. A new article on Kotaku talks about it, here's what it says about the thread: " Ubisoft representatives now tell Kotaku that the post had been written by a user impersonating a Ubisoft employee, not a member of the support staff. It has been deleted, with the player responsible for the comments now also banned. We regret the error, and apologise for the confusion."

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

My name is {I retracted the name on purpose here}, I am Head of the Ubisoft Customer Relationship Center. It has been brought to my attention by one of our team leads here at Ubisoft Customer Support, {I retracted the name on purpose here}, that many users have been reporting issues connecting with the Splinter Cell Blacklist services when attempting to access the multiplayer or cooperative features of the game.

Rest assured, we are aware of the issue. However, given the age of the game in question, and the relatively inactive player base, the game team has decided not to devote any further resources into rectifying this issue.

It is for this reason that I must ask you, our loyal players, to refrain from opening any further support tickets regarding this issue. My team and I have no input into the decision making process of the game teams, and by continuing to weigh down the support team with well-known and unsolvable issues only serves to prevent other innocent players from receiving the prompt problem solving they deserve.

Any support tickets submitted regarding this issue in the future will be met with a 7 day ban. During this period, you will be unable to make purchases through the Ubisoft store, log in to Ubisoft websites, log in to your Ubisoft account or play through the Ubisoft Connect client. However, you may still play offline. Customer support will not be able to lift this ban.

In addition, any users found to be intentionally using an earlier version of Ubisoft Connect or Uplay launchers in order to workaround the issue will be banned. Older versions of Ubisoft Connect are no longer secure, and continuing to make use of them could result in security breaches to your Ubisoft account or Ubisoft as a whole.

Respectfully,

I thought it could no way be a real post, but it is stickied on their forum. Like sheeeesh, the optics to come right out and have an official statement like this in any capacity.
The arrogant tone of this announcement is insane. How could you talk to your most loyal fans like this?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
The prefect storm of small community, shitty company and some dude who spammed support with 1k emails.
I'm sure there will be a more measured communication put out on tuesday after the american holiday they've got this weekend.

• Eyes

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Ended up buying RE8, Monkey Ball Banana Mania and Evil Within 2. Good haul overall!

In other news, I have found out that my local grocery store had Japanese beer in stock. So I've bought a lot of it and have been playing Yakuza 4 all night hoping that covid goes away and that travelling becomes possible and fun again.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Already played 26hrs of Infinite multi.

I haven't played a multiplayer game this much in a long while. Probably since Warzone first came out. But even that game was so boring, frustrating and forgettable.

In this there is so many fun moments. The ttk is so long. Its nonstop chaos lol.

I hope they nail the campaign. Will be a good game to run through next month.

Also Happy Turkey day MetaSteam 🦃

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Can I play Gears Tactics without having ever played any gears game? Will I get the story, character motivations, world/lore, etc?
Does it spoil in any way the other games in the series? I was hopping for a steam release so I could finally find out why people seem to love it so much.
Sorry for self quoting but can anyone help out?

• Eyes

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I saw there was an update to the Steam Link app a few weeks ago, and the changelog mentions:
What's New
* Added support for almost 1000 Android devices, including Google Chromecast
But I can't in any way actually figure out how to utilize the Steam Link app with Chromecast. Googling just results in people saying to Screenshare to the Chromecast, but is that really the solution if they write in the patch notes that they support the Chromecast? That feels more like a workaround.

• Eyes

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I saw there was an update to the Steam Link app a few weeks ago, and the changelog mentions:

But I can't in any way actually figure out how to utilize the Steam Link app with Chromecast. Googling just results in people saying to Screenshare to the Chromecast, but is that really the solution if they write in the patch notes that they support the Chromecast? That feels more like a workaround.
They probably talking about the new chromecast that runs on android tv and its not just a casting device.

undu

Mar 17, 2019

Respectfully,

If only the released the damn code to let fans maintain and fix their own servers without taking away resources from their new shiny projects.

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Can't wait, the first one is one of my favorite games ever.
It's definitely one of my favorite Uchikoshi stories.
The teenager kid looks like young Date. Maybe he got into a time leap? Also the sexy lady has a sexy Aibo... Yeah, Japanese logic.
Yeah I kind of got that, but is it only clicking one button to progress dialogue kind of game or is there a world to explore and move around in?

Edit, checked a review for it, yeah seems pretty good! Just need to be in the mood for that kind of game. But will give it a go!
Be careful of spoilers because they are the last things you want to see before playing this game. ;)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Can I play Gears Tactics without having ever played any gears game? Will I get the story, character motivations, world/lore, etc?
Does it spoil in any way the other games in the series? I was hopping for a steam release so I could finally find out why people seem to love it so much.
I played a bit of Tactics and had only previously played Gears 1&2 (ages ago, forgot most of it) and then 5 more recently. Didn't really feel like i was missing much. I guess if you sort of know what the Gears world is about then thats good enough.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and kio

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I've never played a Gears game but as a huge fan of the genre Gears Tactics is pretty tempting at this price.
Chimera Squad is also pretty cheap, haven't played that one yet either and I'm a sucker for X-Com... Fucking wallet is always on the brink of death.

• Eyes

Deleted member 113

Mayhem Brawler, an extremely overlooked, and fun, beat'em up game, just received an extensive gameplay update, and is currently on sale:

---

Also, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan, which launched in early October, is already 50% off. :face-with-open-mouth:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I've never played a Gears game but as a huge fan of the genre Gears Tactics is pretty tempting at this price.
Chimera Squad is also pretty cheap, haven't played that one yet either and I'm a sucker for X-Com... Fucking wallet is always on the brink of death.
If it helps I love X-Com but couldn't get into Chimera squad. They changed the turn based nature of it so that you alternate turns with the enemies. I didn't like it.

FunnyJay