Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I swear I’m not on something, but, man, video games.

The breadth of experiences the medium can deliver is second only to stepping outside. Moments of enlightenment as you figure out a puzzle, learning how very crunchy systems work, participating in interactive storytelling, exploring spaces, collaborating with other players to build things, and so forth.

Video games, not so bad after all? :blobmorning2:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

The breadth of experiences the medium can deliver is second only to stepping outside. Moments of enlightenment as you figure out a puzzle, learning how very crunchy systems work, participating in interactive storytelling, exploring spaces, collaborating with other players to build things, and so forth.

Fully agree! The ultimate story telling, experience simulation, learning medium! But has so far to go to meet its potential! We are still in a kind of cartoon phase. Image the day we get fully mature experiences.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Hands down, best entertainment in the world.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I under the Black Friday pains. There is some stuff that I want to buy, but do I need it?

Last night I saw that the Lego AT-AT went up. I was planning of getting it some time next year. But then I saw that if you buy it you also get Luke's lightsaber as a gift. I looked a little more into it and last year they had Lego Yoda lightsaber and that sold out quick online (the nearest Lego store to me is more than 300 miles away) and that is selling for $80-$120. Even though the thing would normally be worth $15 or so if Lego was selling it by itself. So I ended up buying it mainly for that.

Some body help me.

As for buying games I think I'm just going to buy the FF pixel games

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Resident Evil is one of my favourite video game series, but I only really started liking them with RE Revelations. Why? I cannot stand tank controls or fixed camera perspectives. But yeah, RE 7, Village, Revelations, Revelations 2, REmake 2 & REmake 3 are all great. I should check out 5 & 6 at some point. I know I couldnt get into 4 because of the controls. Also its waaaay too brown :)

~

Im not sure I'll get anything in the sale, most of my wishlist is unreleased stuff – or not on sale yet. I'd have to actually go look through stuff to see whats good. But then again, I have too many games and mostly play WOW instead anyway.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
RE 6 is my fav too! Love the cheesey silly over the top action.

Couldn't finish 7, too scary.

I've started Village and enjoying it but yeah, these first person ones are a bit much for me. They are proper horror games where as 5-6 seem more like action with a bit of horror..

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Can somebody explain what's the damn point?

Same reason they added itch.io: so they can use it as a talking point against Apple.

Also it's supposed to arrive on Steam at some point, but apparently the publisher has been having issues with Valve.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Can somebody explain what's the damn point?
Antstream on RGS
It's another checkbox for EGS to add to their PR and hope that it will either attract users or encourage them to stay.
I'm sure there's money involved too and i'm pretty sure that's Antstream's reasoning. Somewhere EGS paid them.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
We're adding a store (well it's a streaming service, but you get the idea) within our store so that certain company(s) should too.
Same reason they added itch.io: so they can use it as a talking point against Apple.

Also it's supposed to arrive on Steam at some point, but apparently the publisher has been having issues with Valve.
It's another checkbox for EGS to add to their PR and hope that it will either attract users or encourage them to stay.
I'm sure there's money involved too and i'm pretty sure that's Antstream's reasoning. Somewhere EGS paid them.
I mean store is more resonable than damn streaming service, why it needs client at all. Stadia and GeforceNow work from browser without issues.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Stadia and GeForce are aligned with established brands with some visibility. Would you even know about this AntStream service if it wasn't in an EGS article?
I wouldn't.
Actually, I still wouldn't know about them if you hadn't posted a link. That sort of thing goes well under my radar these days.
so, yeah, visibility and discoverability and hopefully enough people will be interested enough to give your service a go.

• This!

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

The only holiday sale item I have my eye on is War in the East 2. Was on the lookout for Slipways too, but it never got a discount!

Anyway, WitE2 launched back in March on the publishers website. They typically stagger the Steam date some months to iron out the kinks for a broader audience, seeing how it's a high-ticket production at $80.

I've no issue with the unusually high asking price as the devs spend years injecting the production with an absurd level of detail on all fronts. It really is like an living encyclopedia for the historical theater campaign.

So the kicker is that it's currently -50%, but more importantly the dev posted that all direct purchases from the publisher would be issued a Steam key when it lands in a couple weeks at no extra cost.

So you're basically looking at a -50% pre-order price for a Steam key. And at MSRP of $80, that's pretty substantial.

So why don't I pull the trigger? Well, while the series is considered absolute best in class for the genre it's also considered most complex. I think it sits pretty firmly above my current skill level. I've recently been digging back into "baby's first wargame" Unity of Command 2. It really is a fantastic genre primer. I've got a couple dozen hours logged, but in a genre that measures time played in hundreds of hours, that's not saying much.

In an ideal world I'd stick with UoC2 for the time being, rise up through the skill ranks, and take on WitE2 when I'm better equipped to tackle it.

I guess in the end we're talking a FOMO situation. Much like the sale price, I'm 50/50 on nabbing it now vs. waiting it out.

Decisions decisions.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I picked up WitE and WitW and DLCs on GOG a while ago when they had stupid prices in sales and yeah, they are WAY above my knowledge and skillset but i do enjoy watching videos now and then especially ones played by people with a good grasp of history so they can explain things.

It's the same with Command: Modern Warfare another insanely detailed campaign management sim that i picked up cheap and is WAY too complex for me at the moment even if i do enjoy reading about the tech, the strategies and the AAR.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
I honestly think the "battle" against Steam is lost for anyone entering, Steam is too entrenched and too trusted in regards to PC gaming that Epic's main job is really just make sure EGS is kept relevant.
These other launchers try to "save" customers who are perfectly happy with steam, and "fix" problems where none exist

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
These other launchers try to "save" customers who are perfectly happy with steam, and "fix" problems where none exist
Unless you are a big ass game like Blands 3, EGS is especialyl the place where games go to die and be forgotten. Epic is suppose to be the greener side (according to Tim) due to being curated, but it is not. KH was suppose to be a giant thing when it arrived on PC, but became a wet fart and forgotten. Darkest Dungeon was insanely big on Steam, the sequel sold 100k during the first week on EGS with big Twitch numbers during the first week, nothing after the first week and Twitch numbers for the sequel is lover than the first game.

You need to be both big and extremely well known to have some sort of success on EGS.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Unless you are a big ass game like Blands 3, EGS is especialyl the place where games go to die and be forgotten. Epic is suppose to be the greener side (according to Tim) due to being curated, but it is not. KH was suppose to be a giant thing when it arrived on PC, but became a wet fart and forgotten. Darkest Dungeon was insanely big on Steam, the sequel sold 100k during the first week on EGS with big Twitch numbers during the first week, nothing after the first week and Twitch numbers for the sequel is lover than the first game.

You need to be both big and extremely well known to have some sort of success on EGS.
I'm always happy for true indies to get that money, fuck Tim, but the likes of IOI are on my shit list tbh.

Like you say, sending your game to EGS is sending it off to die. People legitimately forget/do not know that Kingdom Hearts is on PC now.

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Does anyone know of any Resident Evil Trainers that offer unlimited ammo?

I downloaded one to increase fov, but unlimited ammo is so much fun.

• Eyes

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Speaking of soundtracks i put some of the tunes from Brigador on whilst we were making dinner and my partner was like whats this weird synthy music but by the end she was feeling the beats and cutting shapes whilst stirring the spaghetti..

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Does anyone know of any Resident Evil Trainers that offer unlimited ammo?

I downloaded one to increase fov, but unlimited ammo is so much fun.

I have used WeMod for many years (it's great), also CheatHappens (lifetime).

• Eyes