Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Jrpgs make me laugh sometimes, triangle strategy in this case. Oh no I totally didn't see guy making an angry face on his portrait art betraying me. That came out of nowhere!

Also that's happened like 3 times in the opening 5 hours lol.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I did the same and I was maybe ready to play the second one, but the perfs I get on emu is not ideal at all. It fluctuate between 22 and 30 fps too much for my liking. And if I was okay with it, I heard people say it can get worse later.
Are you referring to XC2 specifically?

Your 2600x is a hexacore CPU, same as mine (i7-5930K) although yours have potentially faster IPC at stock boost clock. I'd imagine you won't have issues if you have a decent GPU. Stick with Vulkan and use the nightly build.

Also, there's a highly unstable 60fps mod, I wouldn't recommend it. The 2x Supersampling mod is a must, though.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

Been giving this a shot recently.

So it is one of the many Vampire Survivors clones released this year (yeah, I know VS is a clone as well). However it does a few things differently that help make it stand out.

This is a more typically fantasy variant with orcs, ogres, skeletons, giant spiders, giant snakes and so on. The characters on display start fairly typical as the first class is the Barbarian. With a pyromancer being the second character and there appears to be around 20 different classes/characters to unlock. However the first difference is that, while there are skills that are unique to each class (skills being their variant of weapons and support items) there appears to be a mixture of skills that are common to all characters and then some that are unique to each character class.

There doesn't appear to be evolutions in the game, or not that I have come across yet. However I have only put about 4 hours into it so far. But the passive skills also work a little differently. They seem to come in three base types. Ones that buff the character such as movement speed, increased critical hits, additional dash charges and so on. Then there are ones that buff your skills with the usual AoE increase, damage increase and more. Finally there are ones that can buff mutliple skills as well, so for example one will upgrade all swing type skills. This appears to be their version of having Builds in the game.

A round is also more typically shorter last around 15 minutes or so and boss monsters are summoned after so many kills, and this is where another difference comes in. The bosses actually require some rudimentary skills to get around. The will do large AoE attacks, straight line attacks, have roaming elemental attacks and you will need to dodge out of the way. In addition some of the skills you pick up will require aiming (done with the right hand stick).

Outside of this there are resources. So there are your Yellow gems that act as experience for a particular run and give you your skills. Then there are smaller blue gems that act as currency more permanent character upgrades (more HP, fast XP gain the usual stuff). Then there are materials for things like new weapons for each class, more expensive character upgrades, Runes and a few other bits. However I can't comment on these as I haven't enough of the resources to work on them.

On top of this, I have been playing it on the Deck. (Perfect for Deck). With the default settings there appears to be a bit of slow down. I am not sure if this is from the tech side or a deliberate design decision. The problem is in VS when you get the slowdown it is usually at the end of the run when you have a fully evolved weapon set and the game is throwing screen filled enemies at you. Here it isn't quite as impressive as it more just feals slugish. Tweaking some settings seems to have fixed it, so probably more of a tech issue.

I also quite like how the game looks. It has a colourful low poly look to it. The spell effects are great and as you get late in a run and you have land slides running all over the screen with giant cleavers and explosions from grenades all over the screens it does look great.

While it doesn't have the same "just one more run" apeal that VS has it is still a great game. It does enough to differentiate itself from VS it also does enough for it to be comfortable to slip into if you fancy a change from VS but still want to scratch that itch.

One thing, as an aside, I really dislike this trend of using part of a popular game in your title, this is Soulstone Survivor or you get the games that use Souls is the titles. I know it gets the game type across but I just find it a bit lazy.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Are you referring to XC2 specifically?

Your 2600x is a hexacore CPU, same as mine (i7-5930K) although yours have potentially faster IPC at stock boost clock. I'd imagine you won't have issues if you have a decent GPU. Stick with Vulkan and use the nightly build.

Also, there's a highly unstable 60fps mod, I wouldn't recommend it. The 2x Supersampling mod is a must, though.
Yeah, my bad. I wasn’t too clear on which game I was talking about. So yeah, I finished XC1 already and this is XC2 that is giving me issues.

Ryzen 2600x / 2060 Super and it’s just not good, on Yuzu or Ryujinx. 22-30fps in the first zone, more often 27 IIRC (but with regular dips). So yeah, I could see me upgrading to a 5600x. Do you think it would have a noticeable effect ?

I suppose the 2600x has made its time, but I’m not sure what to replace it with, budget/perf wise.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I did a thing

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Are there recent Cyberpunk benchmarks ? The thing has been patched many times, I would be curious to see what state it's in these days.

Edit. Looks like a 3070 would be a good fit for 1440/60 RTX gaming (with DLSS).
Hum. It's still 700, not cheapo. Far more reasonable than the higher cards though, tbh.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Trailer for a new game in The Dark Pictures Anthology was leaked:

Probably being revealed at The Game Awards.
This trailer plays at the end of The Devil in Me. Which comes out tonight/tomorrow depending on timezones. Not a traditional leak, just someone with an early copy of the game.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Whaaaat, price mistake right? Does one have to buy it on the Swedish store?
Yes, it's a price bug. Also it seems it might only work for EU countries, I'm not sure, it is not a confirmed info.
EDIT. Just log in to your account and buy the game from that link.

Premium is everything?
Yes.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
New console so I got in the mood of something mainstream, so considering getting COD MW2, anyone here playing it?
I've been playing it a lot. I enjoy it as much as MW 2019 and it is light years above Vanguard. I still haven't touched Warzone yet, but I'll probably give it a whirl at some point.

It's doing massive numbers right now with over 81k CCU. It has (mostly) great regional pricing with notable discounts in Argentina, Turkey, Russia and China. South Asia is the only region that's priced above Valve's suggestions.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Yes, it's a price bug. Also it seems it might only work for EU countries, I'm not sure, it is not a confirmed info.
EDIT. Just log in to your account and buy the game from that link.

Yes.
I can't read the language lol

I get stuck at the address part...I have paypal selected.

• Sad

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I can't read the language lol

I get stuck at the address part...I have paypal selected.
yeah same.. well, I understand SOME swedish, but used the built-in translator from the Vivaldi browser. but anyways also got stuck at the adress part with PayPal. I think thats when it detects my account adress isnt exactly in Sweden.

edit... not that I'd actually play it since I dont use Windows but alas ;)

~

they fixed the bug. Its 759SEK now

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
yeah same.. well, I understand SOME swedish, but used the built-in translator from the Vivaldi browser. but anyways also got stuck at the adress part with PayPal. I think thats when it detects my account adress isnt exactly in Sweden.
Yep I am getting Det går inte att köpa ordern just nu. Försök igen.

Basically saying can't complete, I even found a random address in Sweden >.>

• Sad
Reactions: LEANIJA

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I had better luck failing my way through the Swedish and paying via CC.
Paypal was farting out for me.

Though it's incredible but, with the state of the game pass app, I'm not even sure if that worked or what that bought me. The dlc list is a mess, sometimes I'm owner, sometimes not.

Deleted member 113

Despite not using the Xbox PC app, I went for that deal. ;)

For those familiar with the website, may I ask a couple of questions:

-how can I see what games I own in my account, through a website/webstore? My local (Portugal) store doesn't show any of the games as owned, only that Swedish one says something, so I'm wondering if the licenses actually applied or not.

-in order to complete my Paypal purchase, it asked me for a Swedish address. I just used "-" in both fields, and the postal code that was shown as example, and it went through. But now I can't remove that address from my address book, since it says it's in use with a subscription. It tells me to set another one as the default address, I did so, but I still can't remove the Swedish address. Does anyone know how do erase that address from the address book?

By the way, does anyone know if Microsoft usually honours these errors, or just ends up refunding everyone?

thanks ;)

Deleted member 113

Well they send a confirmation mail anyway, but the only other sure way I found for confirmation is to go to https://account.microsoft.com/ and look at my purchase history.
GP and Store apps are that bad.
I didn't receive an email confirmation (only a Paypal invoice), but I just noticed the address I had in my account was an old one that no longer exists. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I didn't receive an email confirmation (only a Paypal invoice), but I just noticed the address I had in my account was an old one that no longer exists. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I edited that part of my post, was irrelevant as the invoice doesn't detail what's included.
Here's the zoomed out account detail.

Edit - Ok, the GP app is just ridiculously slow to update.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
The PC Gamer preview I suppose. Basically more social ala Fire Emblem that hardcore tactics.
Ah I see

I’ve never tried FE actually but it tickles the weeb in me, and I love the art design of the new one:coffee-blob:
But no switch 👀
Skills up preview is what I watched

Struggles to keep 60 fps with a 4090, im not paying for badly optimized games. Devs need to sort their shit out.
Jesus

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao and QFNS

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Steam Deck performance of Midnight Suns:
My time was split between a high-end gaming PC and a Steam Deck, and I’m happy to report that the game runs like a charm on Steam Deck. With settings set to Low, you can get a pretty stable 60FPS out of the game, and with all settings set to Medium, you can get 30FPS out of the title. Obviously, some people might not be able to live with the compromises of low settings, but as somebody who just wants to play the game on the go, it’s a sacrifice I’m more than willing to make.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I'm pretty interested in this, but the enemy designs are kind of goofy compared to Monster Hunter.

Also Chinese state media put out an article talking up the virtues of video games. This may suggest they won't scrutinize the industry as hard compared to the past year. I think Steam Global will remain soft blocked, but maybe their government won't block the client. But with tensions between the US and CN where they are right now, who knows? :shrugblob:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Also Chinese state media put out an article talking up the virtues of video games. This may suggest they won't scrutinize the industry as hard compared to the past year. I think Steam Global will remain soft blocked, but maybe their government won't block the client. But with tensions between the US and CN where they are right now, who knows? :shrugblob:
I really hope they ease up. Feel bad for folks in China just wanting to play games and especially for the folks in the amazing indie scene. I am genuinely excited for what indies have been releasing from studios in China.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I've been playing it a lot. I enjoy it as much as MW 2019 and it is light years above Vanguard. I still haven't touched Warzone yet, but I'll probably give it a whirl at some point.
I have it on PC if you don't mind playing crossplay.
So, the MP in MW2 is different from Warzone ? The latter which has rebranded itself a 2.0 and MW2, but it is also free. Is there a point to buy MW2?

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I really hope they ease up. Feel bad for folks in China just wanting to play games and especially for the folks in the amazing indie scene. I am genuinely excited for what indies have been releasing from studios in China.
There are a bunch of great Chinese indie games. My favorites are Eastward, Gunfire Reborn and F.I.S.T. Hopefully the environment improves so they are allowed to shine.

So, the MP in MW2 is different from Warzone ? The latter which has rebranded itself a 2.0 and MW2, but it is also free. Is there a point to buy MW2?
The $70 MW2 is the campaign and old school style gameplay . Warzone is the battle royale which is F2P.

Status
Not open for further replies.