Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Also Chinese state media put out an article talking up the virtues of video games. This may suggest they won't scrutinize the industry as hard compared to the past year. I think Steam Global will remain soft blocked, but maybe their government won't block the client. But with tensions between the US and CN where they are right now, who knows? :shrugblob:
My theory is that there are a few Chinese top men in the government that uses Steam and that's why Steam is still going in China.

In reality, global Steam should have shut down long time ago.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

I'm pretty interested in this, but the enemy designs are kind of goofy compared to Monster Hunter.

Also Chinese state media put out an article talking up the virtues of video games. This may suggest they won't scrutinize the industry as hard compared to the past year. I think Steam Global will remain soft blocked, but maybe their government won't block the client. But with tensions between the US and CN where they are right now, who knows? :shrugblob:
I don't think it's too surprising, there are many Chinese developed games that sell well in the West, mostly on Steam and especially on mobile like Genshin..
And it's the only Chinese cultural export that is remotely successful outside of their borders, so they want to prop them up.
Until the next old stooge in charge decides it's not needed, anyway.

Reactions: Arc and lashman

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Not sure if I should pre-load Miles Morales, I think it will probably download faster compared to unpacking it.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
PC Gaming Show about to start in less than 5 mins, I'm not expecting much from it (anything big would probably be at the game awards, right?), but SEGA is in the list of supporters for the show according to Gematsu (though I find it likely their presence will be about one of their strategy games?).

• Shrug
Reactions: Ge0force and Pommes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Ah, I guess SEGA's presence at the PC Gaming Show was the Creative Assembly shooter, Hyenas, I had forgotten that was a thing.

EDIT: Ah, they just showed Endless Dungeon too.

EDIT2: They just showed FFXVI during a highlight reel, even though it hasn't been announced for PC yet. xD

Last edited:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
About region swapping.

Whenever a post is linked it doesn't even load to the post, just shows me top of the page. I then try to find keywords using the find function.

Found nothing. Mentioned it and all they said "works for me" lol while not even mentioning what they linked. Then I asked directly and nothing still lol.

So I will never know lol.
kinda late buuuut I kinda forgot to reply and when I was finally back at my desktop I just didn't xD

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Been playing a bit of Warzone DMZ today and it's super dope! Don't really see a reason to get MW2, all the free stuff is more than enough for me.:)

NarohDethan What is that you play in COD?
I downloaded Warzone as well so we can play! I think I might download it on Xbox as well.

And yeah unless you want to play the campaign, you're better off with Warzone.

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Le Pertti

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
This seems like the perfect controller for me, xbox layout, gyro, compatible with shitload of platforms. Compared to the 8bitdo ultimate bluetooth controller it doesn't have paddles but has the xbox layout opposed to the switch layout but compatibility with more platforms and can scan amiibos and can swap buttons

Amazon product
(apparently also supports linux out of the box in case you wanna pair it with steam deck?)

Decisions decisions....

edit: it works on linux in windows mode with steam if you're trying to use it in switch mode and you're not on kernel 6.1 it leads to a hard system crash it seems :thinking-blob:

As mentioned in the title, Linux 6.1 will better support "cheap clone" Nintendo controllers. The Nintendo HID driver will now check the analog user calibration for the plausibility of it being accurate. Some "cheap clone" Nintendo controllers may report calibration values that are not possible like values of zero for min and max as well as the center value. In the case of being zeroed out, a divide by zero error in the kernel was happening with a cheap "GuliKit KingKong 2 controller". So the Nintendo HID driver with Linux 6.1 will make sure the calibration values are at least sane for better handling these knockoff controllers.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
This seems like the perfect controller for me, xbox layout, gyro, compatible with shitload of platforms. Compared to the 8bitdo ultimate bluetooth controller it doesn't have paddles but has the xbox layout opposed to the switch layout but compatibility with more platforms and can scan amiibos and can swap buttons

Amazon product
(apparently also supports linux out of the box in case you wanna pair it with steam deck?)

Decisions decisions....
Got one of these today and I’m using it now. D pad is not the best, but the feel in the hand is excellent and the sticks/triggers feel awesome.

I also bought the keycap switching kit which is necessary to fix (visually, at least) the stupid Nintendo button layout.

Reactions: thekeats1999

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
The Nintendo layout being fixable is what's making me consider the controller tbh also the fact that you don't need an app/software to program it?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

That porcupine design is surprisingly tame compared to the other monsters. Hope it's an exception. Hope this releases well before Capcom shows off a new cross/next gen Monster Hunter for their sake. Otherwise, looks solid like before, though this trailer's just about the contraption stuff so doesn't show much else.

Reactions: Arc and lashman

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
The Nintendo layout being fixable is what's making me consider the controller tbh also the fact that you don't need an app/software to program it?
8bitdo ultimate has a narrower/straighter grip shape too, some reviews on amazon and youtube mention that and depending on your hands, it might be uncomfortable or straight up intolerable. That's what stopping me from buying it in the end. Looks uncomfortable to me.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Do you think it would have a noticeable effect ?
Iirc, one of yuzu's developers also has a 5600x, and they reckon it should do for most games. Can't be too crazy with the supersampling, though. Not saying you absolutely need an RTX GPU, but if you can find one within your budget, get it.

Reactions: Li Kao

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Man Warzone solo is no fun
I've been wanting to give it a shot just to get my bearings since I've never played Warzone before but that's the thing that's been giving me pause. It's the same problem I had with PUBG, or most BR's really. Love playing them but it's miserable alone.

Though I'm thinking we might just have to work it into our BR rotation with Apex sometime soon. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com

Amazon product

Decisions decisions....

edit: it works on linux in windows mode with steam if you're trying to use it in switch mode and you're not on kernel 6.1 it leads to a hard system crash it seems :thinking-blob:

I personally would recommend against Gulikit, at least from my own personal experience. The sticks are indeed comfortable, but I've had two of the Gulikit King Kongs have buttons stick shortly after buying them. One of them lasted a little more than a month, lol.

I do love me some cheap third party controllers, but I stick with 8bitdo or Hori.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Apart from my Steam Controller, My 8BitDo Pro 2 has the most use amongst all my controllers. The only downside is that the back buttons aren't supported natively by Steam Input (it only detected is as a normal X360 pad instead of x360 elite pad, which has back buttons)

• Comfy
Reactions: hersheyfan

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So does warzone 2.0 need total of 125gb or not because the installer on steam says 21.35gb needed?

Amazon product

Decisions decisions....

What controller? I can't get the image to load.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Jesus tap-dancing Christ. This guy is a top tier scumbag. I recall him being attached to that Intellivision scam console a while back, so I figured this guy was a loser, but I didn't realize it went so far back. Good lord. What a tool.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
How do you release all three Crysis remasters without cloud saves?
I'd say probably the same way you release anything without cloud save support - for one of 2 reasons:
  • Absolutely no one giving enough of a shit about your release that they would spend (literally, not figuratively) 5 minutes enabling cloud saves.
  • Your internal processes as a company being so fucked up that the only people who would care even a little are not allowed to do it.
(At least this is true for Steam. It might / might not be more difficult on other platforms)

Status
Not open for further replies.