Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

In case anyone is yet to play it, and isn't bothered by somewhat dated graphics (although I still quite like them), my all-time favourite RPG, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, is on sale for not much more than 1€.

I really can't think of a better way to spend that amount on Steam. :)

And I can't bring up the game without mentioning the lovely, mesmerizing string soundtrack:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Really nice update but i must say that i am bit disappointed regarding new texture work. Some of the textures we saw in that trailer and in gameplay videos during the stream were still bit low res.
Yeah its good update in general, but if you are on PC then a lot of what was shown was in mods like the camera change, grass, textures, lod improvements, and even the small things like ui and other improvements. Still good to have it all available in a standard download. But yeah when you see the shots that people like jim2point0 posts:

Last edited:

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
The main feature for version 0.93 build of The Force Engine is the Save System - and Quick Saves.

With this release, The Force Engine is feature-complete for version 1.0. We are now on the last leg of the journey to version 1.0 - the focus will be on fixing bugs and polishing for the 1.0 release.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So, any good Steam Deck games that you guys recommend? I'm pretty much open to everything and I'm looking for some Deck for the Autumn and Winter sales.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
In case anyone is yet to play it, and isn't bothered by somewhat dated graphics (although I still quite like them), my all-time favourite RPG, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, is on sale for not much more than 1€.

I really can't think of a better way to spend that amount on Steam. :)

I remember playing this game. I was fighting some bandits and my character was standing about 2 meters from one of them. I threw a grenade at him but my character threw it in a completely different direction because his throwing skill was so bad. Good times.

Deleted member 113

I remember playing this game. I was fighting some bandits and my character was standing about 2 meters from one of them. I threw a grenade at him but my character threw it in a completely different direction because his throwing skill was so bad. Good times.
Oh, it's awesome. You can do pretty much whatever you want in this game. Want to kill a whole town, including quest givers? You can do that (and neighbouring towns will react accordingly). Want to blow up a wall during the night to a store carrying those weapons/items you can't afford? You can do that (and you better be quick, before the characters who heard the noise arrive, of course :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:).

For those unfamiliar with the game, this is the "true" successor to Fallout (the main creative team behind the game left during the early stages of Fallout 2 to make Arcanum), and the first game by Troika Games, who later made the originally ignored, but now well regarded Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.
I love their work. :cat-heart-blob:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So, any good Steam Deck games that you guys recommend? I'm pretty much open to everything and I'm looking for some Deck for the Autumn and Winter sales.
I know this isn't the deck but I play steam remote play on the go through my phone and I found these games pretty fun:

Kenshi
Battle Brothers
Slay The spire
Ring of Pain
Monster Train

I did play RDR2 on it but I got bored of RDR2.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I know this isn't the deck but I play steam remote play on the go through my phone and I found these games pretty fun:

Kenshi
Battle Brothers
Slay The spire
Ring of Pain
Monster Train

I did play RDR2 on it but I got bored of RDR2.
I've done several runs of Monster Train on Deck and it played/worked really well. Games like that and Slay The Spire are definitely good choices.

Some other stuff I played this year that ran really well and would recommend.

Dark Souls remastered
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS
Rogue Legacy 2
FF Pixel Remasters
Persona 5
Binding of Isaac
Castlevania Advance
20 minutes until Dawn
Vampire Survivors
Geometry Wars Retro
Dead Cells

Deleted member 113

A good beat'em up "needs" a good soundtrack to match the fast-paced action, and the somewhat overlooked Final Vendetta has a rather impressive one.

The original soundtrack is basically a collection of various dance sub-genres that were popular in the late 80's/early 90's in the UK, covering everything from house, drum and bass, big beat, and more. The developers even got Utah Saints to record new music for it!

Here are a few samples:

If you like the genre, the game is well worth checking out, as is the soundtrack, that is now available in streaming platforms.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone here played Lego Skywalker Saga? If how good is it?

Nuuvem has it currently on a flash sale and the price is tempting.

Reactions: QFNS

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Most of my wishlist is on sale but I bought Miles so my gaming budget is dead for the near future.

During the first few hours of Prelude to the Fallen I was getting worried that there would only be a battle every couple of hours but it seems to be picking up the pace. Liking it so far.

Reactions: Cacher

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im gonna take a moment to appreciate how well Valve/Steam has managed to make Steam big for JRPGS. 10 years ago people would send you to a mental asylum if you expected a game like Persona on Steam.

Also a thing how few JRPGs there are on Xbox and EGS.

Seems like it is

1) Steam
2) Switch
5) Ps5
21) Xbox
56) EGS.

Deleted member 113

Grabbed some cheap games for steam cards money :blobthief:

Super Hero League of Hoboken is a lot of fun. ;)

Speaking of cheap games that one can get for card money, I mentioned Arcanum earlier in the page, but some personal favourites can now be purchased for next to nothing.

Like the insanely underrated Freedom Force series, that I can't recommend enough:

There's a dual pack that costs not much more than a single game:

---

Or the flawed, but extremely charming Ghost Master:

---

X-COM: Complete Pack, a 5 game collection, is also insanely cheap (and at least the first two games deserve a spot in everyone's library):

---

And finally, I always had a soft spot for Evil Genius, who is also quite affordable at the moment:

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Like the insanely underrated Freedom Force series, that I can't recommend enough:
Maybe i will get some (already own the X-Com collection) of these games..after they will be available here again :blobclosecry:

Super Hero League of Hoboken is a lot of fun. ;)
Yeah, we need more Legend Entertainment games in Steam! Deathgate, Shannara, Xanth, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon and some others..

Deleted member 113

I apologize for taking much of the page with links and random recommendations, but allow me to post one more cheap game, for those looking to clear those wallet funds. ;)

Not many people know of this RPG, which is quite an interesting, flawed title, that features some neat ideas (even horse riding), and a rather interesting narrative.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Free Steam key for Garfield Kart - Furious Racing @ Fanatical

Credit to cubsonyt & ---n-- @ Reddit
1. Use VPN if you're in these unavailable countries: Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Hong Kong, India, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Macedonia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uruguay, Vietnam.

2. You have to connect your Steam account to your Fanatical account in the settings. Fanatical
If you use a VPN, make sure you have access to the email you used to sign up. Your account may be locked, and you have to enter a code sent to your email to get back in. You cannot make a different account once this happens, since it will not allow you to link your Steam account again. I used a disposable email to sign up and my account is now toast

Reactions: Nabs and inky

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I apologize for taking much of the page with links and random recommendations, but allow me to post one more cheap game, for those looking to clear those wallet funds. ;)

Not many people know of this RPG, which is quite an interesting, flawed title, that features some neat ideas (even horse riding), and a rather interesting narrative.

Never heard of this game, but for that price why not, thanks.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Sony is fighting MS/Activision merger because of CoD and people in general are focused just on that. Meanwhile I am here looking at IPs that Activision has that they will never use again unless someone buys them.
Give me a proper Vigilante 8 3 papa Microsoft.

Reactions: thekeats1999

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021

Gives completely different vibes than the movie :thinking-face:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Stevey

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So if Sony signed a timed exclusive deal for EGS with Dreams many years ago, where is the game? Would have thought that Sony would have wanted the game to release on EGS asap so the Steam release could be sooner, unless they regretted the deal and cancelled it.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Because you haven't seen the bad stuff. :kissing-face:

...from someone who just finished their 13-hour work day.
I will further explain the joke I was trying to make.

On Steam there is stuff that is region locked, some of Bandai stuff Is region locked in Japan.

I'm sure that you have already experienced the whole Naruto is on sale for 0% off and when you click on the sale banner you are lead to the page said that the game is not available in your region.

Idolmaster is one of the few (the other being Super Robot Wars games) that are region locked outside of Japan.

So Steam Japan gets Idolmaster when the rest of the world (well a decent portion of it) gets stuff like Naruto.

Naruto is nice and all by why can't we also have idols as well?

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher
Status
Not open for further replies.