Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
i'm hoping one of you brainiacs can help.
I'm playing Oblivion in a window and the mousescroll is being passed through so it's scrolling the underlying window too. It's not a big problem but it is annoying me. Any ideas?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Preordered Midnight Suns, in the ultragigadeluxe edition cuz i trust to Firaxis to deliver on a high budget Slay the Spire clone.

BUT AT LEAST THAT HAD A DISCOUNT; HUH PLAYERUNKNOWN? MORE LIKE PLAYERUNDISCOUNTED

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Preordered Midnight Suns, in the ultragigadeluxe edition cuz i trust to Firaxis to deliver on a high budget Slay the Spire clone.

BUT AT LEAST THAT HAD A DISCOUNT; HUH PLAYERUNKNOWN? MORE LIKE PLAYERUNDISCOUNTED
Well duh, as it's not set in the PUBG universe, no Calisto Protocol preorder discounts!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Right now, the only "big" game for me on the horizon is Callisto Protocol which I pre-ordered on Steam before the price hike and Bloodlines 2.

However, these days Im focusing on Ragnarok before going back to PC gaming again.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I build my new PC. Sorta. Kinda.
Cable management apocalyptic.
No usb on the front because motherboard is incompatible.
Half of the front cables not labeled. No idea where to plug them.
Horrible pressure on the PSU cables as soon as you put the two hdd cages.
For 200 euros I’m seriously dubious.

It’s noisy too.

But on the other hand I nearly doubled my cpu score in 3dmark and went from 45-50 idle to 28-30.
It’s a fridge.

I will really need help to understand the front cable hell though.

edit
Oh and there are several red led on the right side of the case, not reassuring.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
I build my new PC. Sorta. Kinda.
Cable management apocalyptic.
No usb on the front because motherboard is incompatible.
Half of the front cables not labeled. No idea where to plug them.
Why the fuck in 2022 we still use these things as a connector. So much pain trouble shooting why the damn power button did not work... Good luck!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
P5R 100%.

Not gonna lie, this game is one of my favourites. I will probably be replaying this 10-15 years from now.

Guys, they updated the storepage for Callisto Protocol, what does that mean???

Playerunknown’s Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds: The Callisto Protocol.

Maybe they should hire someone to name their games going forward.

Last edited:

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
ASUS mobos has one of these things that makes it easier. No idea if other mobos have it as well, though.

Funny, my $425 X670 Asus motherboard doesn't come with that. Would have been nice.

Also while I'm at it, turns out that the Dualshock 4 USB adapter for PC was messing up Steam Input for all my other controllers. I'm going to blame Windows 11 as well because it's likely due to the lack of proper drivers for the adapter. Have no choice but to connect the Dualshock 4 via bluetooth/wired now and sell the adapter on Ebay as it's useless to me.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Funny, my $425 X670 Asus motherboard doesn't come with that. Would have been nice.
Yeah, it's a bit curious. I was researching mobos for my next round of upgrade, and the one I'm looking at (TUF z790) doesn't come with one according to its manual. I would've thought that the TUF series which has superseded the Sabertooth series (my current mobo) should come with one.

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm enjoying harvestella for what it is but I can't help but think that it's a wasted opportunity by square-enix. The game has promise but you can feel the low budget just about everywhere. Towns are more static than most jrpgs and while there's plenty of interiors there really isn't any reason to go in any that aren't marked as stores, there's nothing to interact with or loot in them. There's no VA at all (not a huge surprise for a farming/life sim sadly) and the combat is pretty rough and could have used some more time in the oven. For example in the 5 classes I've unlocked so far there is no way to dodge or block anything and they all have a basic 3 hit combo and that's it outside of special abilities you have to unlock. The lock on is also pretty useless too as it will disconnect if you do just about anything but look straight ahead at an enemy.

The farming itself is pretty basic but I don't think that's a budget issue. It feels like that's how it was intended to be and the game wants to focus more on the (surprisingly interesting) story and party members. If you look at it as a jrpg with some light farming instead of a harvest moon style game it works fairly well it just needed a bit more support by SE.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Oh no it looks good

I guess plans for next week (when it releases) have been decided :grimacing-face:
I find it very funny that a gacha game is gonna have a full-blown card game inside, that's gonna have zero monetization because it's just a side-mode, though it seems as mechanically it could have been a standalone game.

Anyway, from what I've gathered through various official and inofficial material (not necessarily complete):
The game will have 27 character cards and 248 action cards at release.
You can play against NPCs and gacha characters to unlock cards, earn currency and increase your player rank. Currency can be used to buy new cards or get fancy animated "skins" of cards.

How to play:
A deck consists of exactly 3 character cards, the rest are action cards.
At the beginning of a turn, a player rolls 8 D8, where each face corresponds to one of the 7 elements in Genshin + a universal element. The player can pick a number of dice to reroll once.
Energy can be used to play action cards, attack with your characters and switch the active character. Cards can be discarded to generate energy. Character cards have normal attacks, a Skill and a Burst, just like in the game. Attack and Skill have different energy cost and using a skill generates energy for the character (the circles on the right side of the character card). If their energy is full, they can use their Burst.

Attacking the enemy applies the element of the attack on them, and attacking with a different element causes a reaction. Basically the reaction system of the regular game got adapted into the card game as well.
The goal is to defeat the opponents character cards.

It sounds really interesting, let's see if actually playing it is fun :blobeyes:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Why the fuck in 2022 we still use these things as a connector. So much pain trouble shooting why the damn power button did not work... Good luck!

Surprisingly I didn’t have that many connectors to plug, less than in the pic, which, uh, troubles me.
going by memory I had one PWR, maybe a double one as reset works, an audio hd, an uh, an horrible daisy chain of cable plugged in another cable plugged etc, fot the 3 front fans.
I may be forgetting one but no hdd led or power led etc.

And again if memory doesn’t fail, my how and where the hell should I plug that are one usb cable, another usb cable (like one is 3.1 and the other 3.2) and three RGB cables.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
ASUS mobos has one of these things that makes it easier. No idea if other mobos have it as well, though.

My gigabyte one had something similar, more like a sheath you put the connectors into and it lines them all up on the board.
Are these usually any good, or just filled with bundle filler?
You can the previous ones here:

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Im more confused that Teslas would even have a x86 based infotainment system where you could run Steam/PC games... I assumed it'd be something arm-based / android-based?

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Im more confused that Teslas would even have a x86 based infotainment system where you could run Steam/PC games... I assumed it'd be something arm-based / android-based?
A lot of the self-driving features require a beefy PC inside.

• This!
Reactions: LEANIJA and Mor

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm enjoying harvestella for what it is but I can't help but think that it's a wasted opportunity by square-enix. The game has promise but you can feel the low budget just about everywhere. Towns are more static than most jrpgs and while there's plenty of interiors there really isn't any reason to go in any that aren't marked as stores, there's nothing to interact with or loot in them. There's no VA at all (not a huge surprise for a farming/life sim sadly) and the combat is pretty rough and could have used some more time in the oven. For example in the 5 classes I've unlocked so far there is no way to dodge or block anything and they all have a basic 3 hit combo and that's it outside of special abilities you have to unlock. The lock on is also pretty useless too as it will disconnect if you do just about anything but look straight ahead at an enemy.

The farming itself is pretty basic but I don't think that's a budget issue. It feels like that's how it was intended to be and the game wants to focus more on the (surprisingly interesting) story and party members. If you look at it as a jrpg with some light farming instead of a harvest moon style game it works fairly well it just needed a bit more support by SE.
Yes, I honestly agree with what you say about the game. The game is obvious a low-budgeted effort. The combat is simple, even though some fun skills in later classes, most of them having the dash (not really dodge) and introduction of critical attacks after chapter 3B, it simply couldn't reach the level of character action games.

However, I think the developers did a great job in delivering a good game even with its budget limitation. The story is interesting and has twist and turns. Party members are good-written, the scenery is pretty and locales are cool. And the music is fantastic. Most importantly, they completely deliver on good dungeon design by making use of puzzles and enemy placement. Every dungeon has its own mechanics. In my honest opinion, it blows some recent highly-rated JRPGs out of the water in this regard.

Harvestella is objectively a mediocre game but I am proud to say I LOVE it. I am currently going through chapter 4 and it has the first hyped moment of the game. The game really plays like a modern PS2 JRPG with its own thoughts and characters. SQEX really needs to give these developers more money so they can turn the game into a franchise.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Midnight Suns is getting better reviews than I thought it would. It's currently at an 88 while I thought it would be in the high 70s to low 80s. I know I said I would wait until all the DLC comes out, but I might grab it sooner if I can ever find the time to finish Tactics Ogre lol

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Oh I thought I shared some stuff about this before.

New Tesla will actually be able to run Steam.

The work that went into Steam Deck and Linux and their AMD stuff is going to be used on Tesla, this was hunted at back in September or something like that.

Well certain current Tesla are able to run Steam right now but they need AMD parts though.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Pretty epic trailer.

Dunno what improvements this version has but apparently the PC version's not getting patched with it. F bamco.

Status
Not open for further replies.