Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

Sega effectively wants Persona to become a bigger franchise than Final Fantasy if they're expecting 5 million sales in a year for Persona 6. It might be possible if they do a day one release on PC and Switch 2.
I think the implication from Sega's COO is that's how they're going to do it.

Persona 6 will be on all the major platforms. The days of Sony timed exclusives for this series is over.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Sega effectively wants Persona to become a bigger franchise than Final Fantasy if they're expecting 5 million sales in a year for Persona 6. It might be possible if they do a day one release on PC and Switch 2.
I don't know about 5 million, but it could easily do 3+ million at least.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Alan Wake 2 finished, so fucking good! Everyone should pirate it and play, well that or play it on console because fuck epic.
Raoul, Duke, and Buk, they are my crowd
Fit together like the shotgun fits in Hemingway's mouth
I carve down my plot, I write with your blood
I created this world, but first came the word

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

:detectiveblob:
Lmfao

Yeah I watched my friend play it at launch, by play I mean sit around attempting to do random shit not actually playing

Instead of doing what everyone expects a good sequel to be "The same but better"
They just unlearned seemingly everything about the 2nd game after every update and improvement and threw it out and started from the beginning again and went "That'll do!"

The UI, the enemies, the servers, etc it was basically just like starting over and it was horrible when they had perfected a ton of aspects in the 2nd game when they should of just like Overhauled or introduced some massive changes that aren't arguably patchable so I have no idea who 3 was really for besides making no one intrerested in it besides making everyone happy that they werent getting rid of 2

• This!
Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
How the tables have turned. Japan was among one of the last places to officially get a Steam Deck along with other parts of South East Asia, but they are now the first to get it.

Right now there is an air port in Japan (haneda) where you can buy the new 1TB Steam Deck OLED and walk out with it, meanwhile everyone else that ordered one today has to wait a few weeks to get theirs. They how ever don't get the option for the limited edition though that the US and Canada got.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Alan Wake 2 finished, so fucking good! Everyone should pirate it and play, well that or play it on console because fuck epic.
Waiting for ps5 pro next year because the image quality is pretty bad going by the DF footage.

God I wish consoles could use anything besides FSR.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
inZOI from PUBG crearors looks amazing

PUBG decided to create Korean Sims. Hopefully it works out well. I don't think there are a lot of casual games like Sims. In the last 3+ years you have seen a rise in "cozy" games and prior to Animal crossing on Switch, EA controlled that segment on no mobile right?

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
I'd buy it. But first I need to buy TLoU1 on Steam, but that price man.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ok, who are the good PC streamers ?
I only know of my very good small French one, Mortismal and err... Cohh, I guess ?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
There are currently two 'festivals' on Steam. The kind they promote so badly you would be forgiven to not be aware of.

So cozy gaming...

And board games and other turn based affairs...

-

Any help identifying the games in the show reel for the Deck OLED ? Specifically two games.

• Very dark fight involving a black character. I suppose it's Blade and the game is Marvel's Midnight Suns ?
  • Some indie looking game with a sprite in a tunnel, there seems to be card like powers involved. No idea, that rings a bell, but not much more.

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
There are currently two 'festivals' on Steam. The kind they promote so badly you would be forgiven to not be aware of.

So cozy gaming...

-

Any help identifying the games in the show reel for the Deck OLED ? Specifically two games.

• Very dark fight involving a black character. I suppose it's Blade and the game is Marvel's Midnight Suns ?
  • Some indie looking game with a sprite in a tunnel, there seems to be card like powers involved. No idea, that rings a bell, but not much more.
Yeah the first is Midnight Suns.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah the first is Midnight Suns.
I'm pretty certain the second made some waves some months ago, some metroidvania shooter, but I have no element to find the title. Well apart from the metroidvania tag, but hey, I must have mid fever, not doing it :sweaty-blob:

edit -
I lied, I cared enough, it must be The Knight Witch. Damn, reviews are mixed.

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I'm pretty certain the second made some waves some months ago, some metroidvania shooter, but I have no element to find the title. Well apart from the metroidvania tag, but hey, I must have mid fever, not doing it :sweaty-blob:
As soon as I get back home I'll watch the reel on the big screen in case I can recognize it.

Reactions: Li Kao

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Is finally out on Steam

After few days of non-Steam exclusive is finally out.
I know is not a very popular opinion but I really like this graphic style, recently with highest monitor resolutions I’ve been finding pixelart games too pixelated at the point some of them look like pixel mess on screen -f.e. the lastest inti creates game Yohane the parhelion looks nice on Switch portable mode but not so much on PS5/Steam Pc- some games would benefit from this graphic style.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Ok, who are the good PC streamers ?
I only know of my very good small French one, Mortismal and err... Cohh, I guess ?
What kind of games are you looking for?
apart from Cohh, I only watch niche Streamers (or German streamers)

here are some of the english niche streamers I watch
- Strategy / 4x / survival (focus on modded Rimworld or obscure Project Zomboid runs)
- Strategy / 4x (although I didn't watch him recently)
- predominantly Battletech content (Roguetech or MW5) and sometimes DnD tabletop crafting
- Minecraft / Factorio / GTFO and other strategy titles
- was a good youtuber a few years ago, his streaming content isn't my forte, though

• Hug
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Played through The Knight Witch demo and... it's good ?
Maybe the difficulty skyrocket later, but for now it's a solid ShootVania !

edit -
Oh sure, some complaints are valid, the whole card thing doesn't work that much. It distracts the player in the middle of bullets waves to check what card they have.

YunoLumi

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway

So cozy gaming...

There is also

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
There is also
Really dumb of everyone involved to Voltron three events and barely communicate about them.

• This!
Reactions: Madventure

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Bandai Namco messed up the release of the new Naruto Storm game on 3rd party stores, the game comes with an extra bonus for another game (Shinobi Strikers), and now users that bought the new game outside of Steam can't redeem the key unless they have that other game in their library.

EDIT: Unrelated:

The PEGI rating for Dragon's Dogma II lists a March 22, 2024 release date

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.