lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i hate you all!!! i finished maybe like ... 2 or 3 games :cry:

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I think I finished 5 games this year (and one of them was Rise of the Tomb Raider, which was pretty much finished, since I abandoned the game during the final section back when it came out)

Reactions: lashman

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
at least i'm not the only one then :p
I'm really bad at finishing games, and this year it's been even worse than usual. For instance, I thought I'd finish AC Odyssey for sure, but then I started playing other stuff and left it mid way through (I still intend to finish it, but dunno if this year or the next)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm really bad at finishing games, and this year it's been even worse than usual. For instance, I thought I'd finish AC Odyssey for sure, but then I started playing other stuff and left it mid way through (I still intend to finish it, but dunno if this year or the next)
same :( except i haven't even finished Oranges yet

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh, I never finished it either. I played like 45 hours, liked it, but then Odyssey came out and I thought this one was a super evolved version of Origins, so I dropped the older game to play the new one.
ohh, i see ... i couldn't do that - i mostly play games for the story :p so i won't be able to start Odyssey before i finish Oranges ... and also Odyssey runs for me at like 35-40fps on any settings (meaning my CPU is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit)

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
ohh, i see ... i couldn't do that - i mostly play games for the story :p so i won't be able to start Odyssey before i finish Oranges ... and also Odyssey runs for me at like 35-40fps on any settings (meaning my CPU is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit)
Uplay deleted my saves in both Black Flag and Liberation, so I kinda stopped caring about the story in AC (both games also had unskippable cutscenes, so I couldn't try to play them again because those make me mad)
If they ever do some sort of remaster for Black Flag I'll replay it (should it let me skip cutscenes I've already watched)

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Windows 10 can mount ISOs like a normal CD, have you tried that?
I had read about it, but this is a .bin and .cue image, not an .iso, and I don't think Windows can mount the former.

At least someone made a community guide for enabling the Steam overlay in DOSBox, so I was able to configure the Steam Controler for this game.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I had read about it, but this is a .bin and .cue image, not an .iso, and I don't think Windows can mount the former.

At least someone made a community guide for enabling the Steam overlay in DOSBox, so I was able to configure the Steam Controler for this game.
use daemon tools then

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
maybe wait for the Maxima DLC before you start playing it?
Or not, doesn't seem like anything worthwhile will be added with it...
If the cue has only one data track (no CD Audio), it still should work, if you rename the .bin to .iso
(There should also be converters between the formats)
I'm looking forward to further censor patches on Sony consoles:

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Any more November releases are gonna be in the December highlight thread. December is pretty light as is thankfully :V

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Any more November releases are gonna be in the December highlight thread. December is pretty light as is thankfully :V
don't think anyone will mind ... there are PLENTY of recommendations in the November thread already :p haha

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
use daemon tools then
Guess I could, but at that point the solution is far more complicated and annoying than the "problem" ever was.

If the cue has only one data track (no CD Audio), it still should work, if you rename the .bin to .iso
(There should also be converters between the formats)
It has an audio track :(

Well, I'm actually not sad because that one track is amazing.

Deleted member 113

For those who own Overload (and if you don't, you really should give the game a try, it's awesome!), there's a new, cheap, DLC, that includes a new story-driven campaign, and 12 challenge maps.

A cool thing about this DLC is that these levels were created by members of the game's community (and then the developers tweaked and added official leaderboards), with the level designers receiving half of the proceeds of the DLC.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I hit 52 on steam a couple of weeks ago:

Also:

XBOX:

- The Incredibles Lego
- Halo 5 Guardians
- The Evil Within II
- Wolfenstein II

PS4:

- Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Injustice II
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
- Rime
- God of War
- Far Cry 5
- Dead Rising 4
- Mafia III
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Rayman Legends
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes II

To be fair, a lot of the games were partially finished already. DOS:2, Pillars 1, Banner Saga, Fallout 4

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
nope ... just fucking annoying
You remember how annoying it was; the marketing was effective.

Speaking of which, the VR version is completely busted on Steam for Oculus users. I had one at some point before I returned it and there were levels you could not finish. Apparently the one on the Oculus store works fine, so don't ever buy that shit on Steam. Better yet, don't ever buy that shit. The least they could do is support the game properly across all platforms.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You remember how annoying it was; the marketing was effective.

Speaking of which, the VR version is completely busted on Steam for Oculus users. I had one at some point before I returned it and there were levels you could not finish. Apparently the one on the Oculus store works fine, so don't ever buy that shit on Steam. Better yet, don't ever buy that shit. The least they could do is support the game properly across all platforms.
yeah, i wish devs did that .... in general .... stuff like some games being DRM-free on other clients, but not on steam is complete BULLSHIT (Mad Max, Abzu and quite a few more!)

---

finally got a store page:

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

So tomorrow, The Quiet Man is released.

Is anyone else looking forward to it?
I'm very curious to check the final result. That mix of live action sequences and computer graphics on gameplay looks well done, but it can easily result in a gigantic mess. :giggle: Fortunately, the price (apparently around $15) makes an impulse buy less risky, so I'm in.

The game was barely promoted though. Square Enix is really sending this one out to die.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So tomorrow, The Quiet Man is released.

Is anyone else looking forward to it?
I'm very curious to check the final result. That mix of live action sequences and computer graphics on gameplay looks well done, but it can easily result in a gigantic mess. :giggle: Fortunately, the price (apparently around $15) makes an impulse buy less risky, so I'm in.

The game was barely promoted though. Square Enix is really sending this one out to die.
Human Head getting cucked again :cry:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Human Head getting cucked again :cry:
Sadly, it appears so. :(
I actually pre-ordered the new Rune mostly to support their efforts. I don't know how they are still around, considering all the cancelled projects, or games that tanked (Minimum, ...).

Mixing CGI and live action? What is this, a Sega CD game?
There's not many promotional materials around, but from what I saw it actually works pretty well. Check the below video, and jump to around 3:40 to see a transition between live action and computer graphics:

The gameplay portion is done by Human Head Studios.

It's a strange mix for sure.
Even more so considering the protagonist is deaf, and the sound design will play around will the lack of sound during many portions of the game.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I actually pre-ordered the new Rune mostly to support their efforts. I don't know how they are still around, considering all the cancelled projects, or games that tanked (Minimum, ...).
yeah ... i'm REALLY hoping Rune does well ... i really like HH and don't want them to go away
and FUCK BETHESDA for what they did to them

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Speaking of games with FMV sequences, a new one launched today:

I'm a sucker for the genre, so I had to buy it. :p

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

There's not many promotional materials around, but from what I saw it actually works pretty well. Check the below video, and jump to around 3:40 to see a transition between live action and computer graphics:

The gameplay portion is done by Human Head Studios.

It's a strange mix for sure.
Even more so considering the protagonist is deaf, and the sound design will play around will the lack of sound during many portions of the game.
That transition isn't half bad, looks like I'll have to keep this game in mind.

yeah ... i'm REALLY hoping Rune does well ... i really like HH and don't want them to go away
and FUCK BETHESDA for what they did to them
Wait, Human Head are the Prey 2 guys? Welp, now I'm depressed again :cry:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Anybody here played Vampyr? What skills do you suggest getting?? I got the cloud bomb thing when it tells you to pick an aggression one (other choices were claw and bloodspear).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Anybody here played Vampyr? What skills do you suggest getting?? I got the cloud bomb thing when it tells you to pick an aggression one (other choices were claw and bloodspear).
i only played it for like an hour or so (so far) ... didn't get far enough to upgrade more than once :(

Grabbed

Lucah: Born of a Dream

and

Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy

For now. Will report back with thoughts

:wd_salute:
that's a nice haul .... enjoy the games! :)

Reactions: Frecklestein

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Bought Orphan yesterday.

It's a bit more than just Limbo in Space/vs. Aliens. So far it's more avoid the enemies than puzzles and there are light survival elements. The only way to recover health is filling your canteen from a water supply and you have to get out your tent and create a save/respawn point at various intervals. No autosave I can see so far.

The graphics are great with beautiful backgrounds behind the silhouetted main action. Though the controls are not completely explained and there are some strange graphics settings going on. The menu actually has a built-in FPS counter but the game will only let you choose 4 frame rates 20,30, 60 and auto and for some reason, auto is about 32fps. The built-in counter says it can go 250+ but the game won't let you. V-sync on or off makes no difference.

Haven't had a chance to play too much but it looks like a very high-quality product and a very good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.