Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
RDR2 comes out on R* and EGS right next to Blizzcon and Doom Eternal.

The new Overwatch game being announced is going to give me an out of body experience alone and Doom Eternal will keep me busy for the rest of the month. Seeya in december R*

Reactions: lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Rockstar infinite money > Epic infinite money

They legit could only afford a month lmao
Technically a month + no preorder on Steam. But I'd be very cautious with assuming that they can't afford xyz in general. You have to realize that 100m wouldn't even make a dent in Tim's personal bank account and Epic has its vault filled too, whenever someone mentions 10 or 20m I have to wonder if people think that that's still a lot because it isn't, it's chump change these companies can throw around all day, every day. It's more likely that RockstarT2 weren't interested in a longer exclusivity period and wanted to get on Steam before Chistmas.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
As a side note, RDR2 on Stadia sounds like a fucking nightmare

The game's sluggish controls + input delay = ????????

Reactions: arts&crafts

Deleted member 113

Definitely may. Thats a great price. I really enjoyed that other JSR-like game recently, but its name escapes me.
There's a demo available on Steam, if you want to give it a try.

It's an older demo, the version launching today should be updated over it, but it should give you an idea about the game. :)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Not that I care that much about RDR2 as I didn't like the game that much on the PS4 at launch, however I'm glad it releases everywhere so you can choose wherever you want to buy it. Congrats for those who were waiting for it.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
whynotboth.gif
Yeah... or that!

I mean seriously, what is he trying to even accomplish here? This is seriously getting beyond ridiculous. Seems like he has this console warriors like fetishized obsession with the notion of exclusivity that he's willing to spunk a shed load of cash just to have games be "exclusive" to his trashy store, even if it effectively means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. What's next, one week exclusive? 12 hours exclusive? 🙃

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Yeah... or that!

I mean seriously, what is he trying to even accomplish here? This is seriously getting beyond ridiculous. Seems like he has this console warriors like fetishized obsession with the notion of exclusivity that he's willing to spunk a shed load of cash just to have games be "exclusive" to his trashy store, even if it effectively means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. What's next, one week exclusive? 12 hours exclusive? 🙃
That word, EXCLUSIVE!, is starting to sound pretty expensive whilst becoming more meaningless. Go ahead head Tim.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Imagine being one of those EGS exclusive game, preparing to re-launch on Steam a year later and seeing that RDR2 release on the same day/month of your game because of....Epic.
Oh, the irony
Hell yeah if R* launch RDR2 before December 10th Ashen and Hades devs (maybe Hello Neighbor whatever too) won't be happy at all

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
1 month delay on a game that is already an 1-year old port is really pathetic, and probably very expensive. Sweeney hate-boner for Steam really is something else...

Well, for me the wait will be longer because I'm guessing the regional price will be really shitty.

Now.... if only there was some good looking games launching non-stop these months to make the wait bearable :p

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Imagine being one of those EGS exclusive game, preparing to re-launch on Steam a year later and seeing that RDR2 release on the same day/month of your game because of....Epic.
Oh, the irony
Hell yeah if R* launch RDR2 before December 10th Ashen and Hades devs (maybe Hello Neighbor whatever too) won't be happy at all

they knew what they were getting into ... i honestly have no sympathy

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Is there a funnier thing this year in gaming than Epic desperately paying for a month of exclusivity?

Man they really don't know the PC audience if they think one month is going to phase most people.
People who want to play day 1 will buy RDR2 on Rockstar Launcher anyway. Just like what happened with Division 2.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Honest question, is RDR2 even a good game?
Personally, didn't like it that much, other? ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

So it's one of those cases where it's better to check by yourself and see if it's your cup of tea.

Reactions: Exzyleph

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
You should definitely give it a try, it's very polarizing. If it clicks on you it's pretty amazing, if it doesn't, it can be an absolute drag (it's an incredibly slow open world game).

Reactions: Recrees

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
dex3108 Wow this man with your screenshots

RDR2 is a nice walking simulator, but I've heard mixed impressions regarding its gameplay. Personally I will wait for modders to include actualy gameplay into the game before I get it.

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I liked it more than 1 but keep in mind 1 was the worst game I played in 2010. 2 is still deeply flawed in every aspect of gameplay but hopefully some of the smaller things like the absurd animation times just to pick up an object can be modded out on PC. Things like horrible mission design won't be fixed.

One mission I did it refused to progress because I didn't take cover behind the tree it told me to get behind. I went to a different tree next to it and the game refused to progress until I listened exactly. That's the kind of mission design you're going to be in for with RDR 2. Step a bit too far to the left? Fail and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.