Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Uhh, why is the font size for the Steam user reviews suddenly 18px? This happens in Chrome and Firefox. It looks ok in the client.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Gabe has told multiple people through his email that it was a real thing and that he does own every steam game
I pity the fool. He'll never experience the pleasure of his first Steam sale, or of getting that elusive key for a removed game, or buying a game that went on sale after years without a discount.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
So hang on. You guys dont think that the next consoles will be doing 120fps at 4k?

Ye of little faith.
I'm sad because the new consoles will render controllers and TVs obsolete. They will feature a neural network that taps into your brainwaves and shifts the patterns according to what you wanna do in the game. It also casts the rendered frames straight into your cerebral cortex, bypassing the optical system that adds a lot of lag to gaming. There's also the quantum cybernetics advances that allow them to generate the required power to sustain prolonged game sessions without an external power source, thus making them the first perpetual motion consoles of all time.

Online multiplayer is still behind a paywall, but hey, starving Sony and Microsoft still gotta eat somehow, you know?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm sad because the new consoles will render controllers and TVs obsolete. They will feature a neural network that taps into your brainwaves and shifts the patterns according to what you wanna do in the game. It also casts the rendered frames straight into your cerebral cortex, bypassing the optical system that adds a lot of lag to gaming. There's also the quantum cybernetics advances that allow them to generate the required power to sustain prolonged game sessions without an external power source, thus making them the first perpetual motion consoles of all time.

Online multiplayer is still behind a paywall, but hey, starving Sony and Microsoft still gotta eat somehow, you know?
All that fueled by the exquisite taste from your Mountain Dew Verification Can.

Reactions: Kvik

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I'm putting my PC on ebay as we speak because I don't want it in the same room with my new console or it might hold it back due to bad karma and electromagnesium
Hey, I got some mega special enthusiast audio cables to sell you that will take care of that for you. They come with their own hanging device to keep those pesky electromagnets out of the way.

And maybe I'll throw in a magic rock that resonates the audio better in your room...

/s

Reactions: Kvik and lashman

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
All that fueled by the exquisite taste from your Mountain Dew Verification Can.
Can? Thanks to DRM, it's more like Can't.
Hey, I got some mega special enthusiast audio cables to sell you that will take care of that for you. They come with their own hanging device to keep those pesky electromagnets out of the way.

And maybe I'll throw in a magic rock that resonates the audio better in your room...

/s
Sound waves so sharp and edgy they would make Shadow the Hedgehog blush.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Anybody guess why this particular category is 215/216 when all my other categories are just one number?

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I'm annoyed that some people can't handle losing an argument with dignity. Someone over at that dumb "PC is doomed" thread claimed that the 360 was more powerful than high-end PCs at launch. I posted a comparison by Gamespot for Oblivion in which it is shown that the 360 was competitive with a mid-range PC with a 6600gt while it was soundly beaten by high-end PCs.

So this other user jumps in and claims that the 360 in fact outclassed the mid-range PC because the 360 version had smoother framerate while the PC version dropped into the teens according to the article. So I quote him and post another video in which the 360 is shown frequently dropping into the teens in Oblivion.

He never replied. As soon as he saw he was wrong he simply stuck his head in the sand and kept posting in the thread but never acknowledged his mistake. I found this quite rude. Anyway,sorry for discussing my pet peeves, carry on!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
lashman is devoted to watching and indulging in anime.
It is a fact, he just trolling you all as his awkward tsundere way of appreciating anime.
Started to play DreadOut before going to sleep. That was a huge mistake. I am too scared to play this scary game. :suicide-blob: :suicide-blob: :suicide-blob: :suicide-blob:
Why on earth compelled you to want to play a horror game before going to bed? :V

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
lashman is devoted to watching and indulging in anime.
It is a fact, he just trolling you all as his awkward tsundere way of appreciating anime.

Why on earth compelled you to want to play a horror game before going to bed? :V

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So, Disco Elysium settled at 5k concurrent users peak. I honestly expected MUCH higher considering the hype and anticipation build up pre-release. Even when compared to other CRPGs, it's still pretty low. Pathfinder and Pillars 2 had 22k, even a "failure" like Tides of Numenera had 7k. That said, considering that it's very niche as there's no traditional combat in the game, and the asking price which is rather high, I guess it's definitely not a failure either. Just not as successful as I was hoping for.

Nonetheless, considering it's the studio's first ever game, I'm happy that it's successful enough for what it is. Looking forward to their next output.

Reactions: Wok and lashman

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
So, Disco Elysium settled at 5k concurrent users peak. I honestly expected MUCH higher considering the hype and anticipation build up pre-release. Even when compared to other CRPGs, it's still pretty low. Pathfinder and Pillars 2 had 22k, even a "failure" like Tides of Numenera had 7k. That said, considering that it's very niche as there's no traditional combat in the game, and the asking price which is rather high, I guess it's definitely not a failure either. Just not as successful as I was hoping for.

Nonetheless, considering it's the studio's first ever game, I'm happy that it's successful enough for what it is. Looking forward to their next output.
I don't understand why Cohh isn't playing it yet. He was responsible for like 95% of the viewership for Kingmakler.

Reactions: Samson and lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

The game is currently at #1 of global top sellers for CRPG, though. I wouldn't worry about it since the word of mouth is still strong. Besides, most people are still too busy playing Destiny 2. Hell, I'm a part of the problem too since I bought it and hardly put any hours into it.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Rob is right, though
I didn't say that he was wrong. But I know there's multiple ways to become homeless. Just saying that it's interesting to have the opinion of someone saying this is not the reality he experienced.

I've been homeless for a very short time and had to be housed by friends for 2 years about 10 years ago (but I still had a job, so it was definitely easier), and I housed several homeless people in my home these last years too. Some for a few days, an illegal family of 5 fleeing war in their country for months, a friend of my gf for almost a year... All of them had different stories, so I'm fully aware that every situation is different.

Still interested in this game though.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Because it seems like a good game and that doesnt generate clicks
If anything, an unknown game that came out of nowhere getting 90+ reviews would piqued people's curiousity.

because it's PC-only (for now, at least) ... so for most of the outlets it might as well not exist
I'm not so sure about that. Original Sin 2 had 72 reviews on Meta, even the first game had 59.

Reactions: lashman

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Has anyone tried Hell Let Loose? I saw a number of Battlefield streamers/content creators have tried it out, and it looks intriguing.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
because it's PC-only (for now, at least) ... so for most of the outlets it might as well not exist
If only the game is on EGS because the discoverability isn't doing ZA/UM any favours.

But seriously, when people like jschreier only found out about the game in its launch week, it should tell you where their interests lies.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But seriously, when people like jschreier only found out about the game in its launch week, it should tell you where their interests lies.
yeah, pretty much ... it's even worse with indies ... no matter how popular they are on PC (unless they ABSOLUTELY blow up - like Undertale or Stardew Valley) - most of them won't pay any attention to them ... until they come to a console (especially switch) ... that's when they start caring

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
To be fair, the quantity of release is staggering. There are bound to be blind spots. Like, I'm pretty sure if you want to make a reviewer cry you just have to ask for mobile coverage on top of that.
But yeah, it's PC only so it's not that important too.

All this being said certainly not to defend fuckers like Schreier 🖕

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.