Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Ok, another Kenshi story!
Second character, who is actually the same character as the first but with a new name.

Started in the same useless town (do you always begin in the same place depending on what backstory you choose?).

Bought some food and then started my journey to the larger town.
When I arrived at the town, I noticed that the entire town is abandoned!
So my character can just walk into each shop and loot whatever!

Gathering some useful stuff, I leave the town continuing the journey.
Some wandering later, I find a small outpost with an engineering shop. I sell some of the loot, buy a backpack and set out to return to the abandoned town.

I loot as much as I can carry, and return to the outpost, selling everything.
I buy some building materials and set out again.

Travelling closer to a large swamp, I find a small patch of land that seems nice, so I build a small house. This will be my outpost in my coming adventures! 😀
Was that the Canyon Town?

Reactions: lashman

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Most certainly. Can't remember the name but it's located between two large cliffs in a canyon. I think the area is called the border lands or something?
Never played Kenshi myself, but saw two lets plays and one (Rhadamant) had the canyon town as his base of operations before he created his own town. Canyon Town shouldn't be abandoned, though.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Jesus H Fucking Christ...

The final level of the new Yooka Laylee game can fuck off to the highest degree. Wtf is this?? Did anyone buying a bloody Yooka Laylee game really expect or want to be playing Super Meat Boy by the last level?
It feels like something intended for a completely different game from everything that has come before, what were they thinking?

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I never got hyped for Outer Worlds, because didn't think I would be able to play it, so playing it now I have to remind myself that it's made by Obsidian and I'm starting to get more and more hyped the more I play.
The more I see it on Cohh's playthrough, the less I am inclined to play it myself. The whole shtick of corporation bashing in a funny matter is sooooo overdrawn in the game that it makes any criticism it should have brought front and center a joke.

The more I watch, the bigger case of Fremdschämen I get.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Jesus H Fucking Christ...

The final level of the new Yooka Laylee game can fuck off to the highest degree. Wtf is this?? Did anyone buying a bloody Yooka Laylee game really expect or want to be playing Super Meat Boy by the last level?
It feels like something intended for a completely different game from everything that has come before, what were they thinking?
I mean, it's called Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, not Yooka-Layle and the easily doable Lair

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
It's almost like the game glitches out and never loaded in the villagers, so now it's permanently a ghost town.
Or... someone snatched them all away in their sleep.
did you ever see slavers or dogs "attacking" the city? There were always roving bands in the proximity that attacked the gates.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I mean, it's called Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, not Yooka-Layle and the easily doable Lair
Honestly it should have been called "Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair - no really we bloody mean it"

The difficulty of the rest of the game is completely out of sync with it, I haven't seen something this ridiculous since the meat circus, and the title being what it is is kinda irrelevant when most people will just take it as being merely pithy until they actually play the final level.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
just finished codmw campaign, took me less then 5 hours on regular, its a fun ride, but the best part is that
they baited everybody telling that this game was a reboot, but its actually a prequel.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Or... someone snatched them all away in their sleep.
did you ever see slavers or dogs "attacking" the city? There were always roving bands in the proximity that attacked the gates.
No, the city was abandoned as I arrived. Completely devoid of life.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Honestly it should have been called "Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair - no really we bloody mean it"

The difficulty of the rest of the game is completely out of sync with it, I haven't seen something this ridiculous since the meat circus, and the title being what it is is kinda irrelevant when most people will just take it as being merely pithy until they actually play the final level.
did you get all the bees before trying to go through the last level?

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Blizzard becoming the leakiest ship in the lead up to Blizzcon.

Diablo 4 confirmed by an Art Book.
Overwatch 2 (with PvE and new modes) reported on by multiple outlets including ESPN)
WoW: Shadowlands popping up from a merch book scan.

That probably covers every announcement they will have. There will also be some sort of Hearthstone expansion (always is, but maybe they downplay it after the recent events).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah I've got them all, it's still utterly ludicrous and I don't understand how it's possible with less than the full amount
everything is possible, i guess ... you just need to be really fucking good at it ... speedrunner-level good

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
just finished codmw campaign, took me less then 5 hours on regular, its a fun ride, but the best part is that
they baited everybody telling that this game was a reboot, but its actually a prequel.
Is that good or bad?

Overwatch 2 (with PvE and new modes) reported on by multiple outlets including ESPN)

That probably covers every announcement they will have. There will also be some sort of Hearthstone expansion (always is, but maybe they downplay it after the recent events).
Overwatch 2? I wonder how that will go.

Reactions: QFNS

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Overwatch 2? I wonder how that will go.
Its PVE focused with a story mode “inspired by games like L4D” which is literally the only thing I wanted from Overwatch lol.

There’s also a pvp mode but nobody knows what its going to be like

Deleted member 113

Ok, another Kenshi story!
Second character, who is actually the same character as the first but with a new name.

Started in the same useless town (do you always begin in the same place depending on what backstory you choose?).

Bought some food and then started my journey to the larger town.
When I arrived at the town, I noticed that the entire town is abandoned!
So my character can just walk into each shop and loot whatever!

Gathering some useful stuff, I leave the town continuing the journey.
Some wandering later, I find a small outpost with an engineering shop. I sell some of the loot, buy a backpack and set out to return to the abandoned town.

I loot as much as I can carry, and return to the outpost, selling everything.
I buy some building materials and set out again.

Travelling closer to a large swamp, I find a small patch of land that seems nice, so I build a small house. This will be my outpost in my coming adventures! 😀
I'm glad you're enjoying it. :cat-heart-blob:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

don't look at Hong Kong! Here are some juicy upcoming games.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Is that good or bad?
For me its bad,
The story of the old games are done, they were beyond WW3, there´s nowhere to go now, at least if they had rebooted they could start something new.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Its PVE focused with a story mode “inspired by games like L4D” which is literally the only thing I wanted from Overwatch lol.

There’s also a pvp mode but nobody knows what its going to be like
Inspired by L4D?

So overwatch 2 will be inspired by L4D, TF2, and DotA (I'm not sure about the DotA part but I was told that MOBAs in general were a sort of inspiration for Overwatch)

For me its bad,
The story of the old games are done, they were beyond WW3, there´s nowhere to go now, at least if they had rebooted they could start something new.
Okay, that makes sense, I heard that overall people seem to like it but I can see where your concern fits.

Maybe next will be side stories?

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I still don't believe there's gonna be an OW2.

You don't make the sequel to the game that spawned the hero shooter trend and remains popular as fuck PVE focused.

And Blizzard doesn't churn out sequels like that either. It took something between 7 and 12 years for their last sequels to come after the previous games.

Other games are still waiting longer than that.

How do you even follow up Overwatch without leaving yourself wide open to criticism? There'd be criticism if there are less heroes, less maps, modes, less whatever even at launch. Even though it took Overwatch 4 years to get to this point, sequels simply don't have less stuff generally. There'd be criticism for the slightest change to returning heroes as well. And would they really have the headroom to make it upgraded technically when it still needs to be played by potato PCs to have the chance to be just as popular with the given demographic? So it'd be criticized for that too, not looking next gen.

And why even try to one up a popular game generating revenue and having a big esports presence and all that jazz with a sequel that may not achieve this?

Maybe it's like an Overwartch: Season/Chapter 2 you buy a pass for.

Or a stand alone PVE focused game that isn't 2 but also unlocks some stuff for your normal Overwatch account and/or includes it.

But hey if they don't wanna play it so safe and actually do a main sequel that is so different more power to them I guess. Surprises are nice.

Mind I also thought L4D2 was a mistake or at least underwhelming back then and it could have just been a L4D expansion so what do I know.

I mean it'd be better for me if it's so different, I don't play Overwatch or even PVP generally. Not to mention I always wished its backstory actually played out in game at least a little bit with the teams having to be divided in good and bad guys rather than a free for all mix. I'm just saying.

My last time playing PVP much was probably World of Warcraft's Alterac Valley battleground because of its PVE element making my tank character useful.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I still don't believe there's gonna be an OW2.

You don't make the sequel to the game that spawned the hero shooter trend and remains popular as fuck PVE focused.

And Blizzard doesn't churn out sequels like that either. It took something between 7 and 12 years for their last sequels to come after the previous games.

Other games are still waiting longer than that.

How do you even follow up Overwatch without leaving yourself wide open to criticism? There'd be criticism if there are less heroes, less maps, modes, less whatever even at launch. Even though it took Overwatch 4 years to get to this point, sequels simply don't have less stuff generally. There'd be criticism for the slightest change to returning heroes as well. And would they really have the headroom to make it upgraded technically when it still needs to be played by potato PCs to have the chance to be just as popular with the given demographic? So it'd be criticized for that too, not looking next gen.

And why even try to one up a popular game generating revenue and having a big esports presence and all that jazz with a sequel that may not achieve this?

Maybe it's like an Overwartch: Season/Chapter 2 you buy a pass for.

Or a stand alone PVE focused game that isn't 2 but also unlocks some stuff for your normal Overwatch account and/or includes it.

But hey if they don't wanna play it so safe and actually do a main sequel that is so different more power to them I guess. Surprises are nice.

Mind I also thought L4D2 was a mistake or at least underwhelming back then and it could have just been a L4D expansion so what do I know.

I mean it'd be better for me if it's so different, I don't play Overwatch or even PVP generally. Not to mention I always wished its backstory actually played out in game at least a little bit with the teams having to be divided in good and bad guys rather than a free for all mix. I'm just saying.

My last time playing PVP much was probably World of Warcraft's Alterac Valley battleground because of its PVE element making my tank character useful.
From the looks of it there are issues with the Overwatch community, they have issues with the game and are leaving it. Maybe the will do a locked thing instead did making a new game. I am not sure how much the player base had dropped by but there are issue with the way the game that Blizzard does not seem to be addressing

Reactions: Samson

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Overwatch is really frustrating to play these days, a complete PVP overhaul is the only thing that can really save it and everyone, both the community and Blizzard know it. A lot of popular streamers quit playing it, a lot of players quit playing it for a variety of reasons, and honestly after playing the game for a thousand hours I cant blame anyone for wanting to leave. I honestly think the only reason I play it these days is because I want to bang several of the characters (completely shamelessly)

This video is almost a year old, its by one of the most popular streamers for the game and its still incredibly accurate to OW's issues. Overwatch 2 is absolutely necessary.

I fucking love Overwatch, the OW team is incredibly talented but they needed to step back and retool how a lot of the game's core works. Stunlocks, Shields, Hard counters. I don't remember the last time I played it where I didnt get off angry or upset.

You know you're doing something wrong when fucking Fortnite's tacked on PVP mode feels significantly better to play than your game that was MADE for PVP.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS and Samson

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well they should just revert those changes in original OW then.

How's it gonna be a good look if they fuck up a game over time with updates only to then fix it with a sequel to what? Fuck it up just in time for an OW3?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

How's it gonna be a good look if they fuck up a game over time with updates only to then fix it with a sequel to what? Fuck it up just in time for an OW3?
There's no point in doing that. Its better to make Overwatch 2 now that next gen consoles are coming, and they said themselves that if they wanted to add a PVE story mode they'd need to make a new game because OW1's engine is limiting them when it comes to PVE content. The games performance has also gone down the toilet overtime on all platforms because the original engine just isnt good.

Overhauling the whole game on an updated engine is the best thing for the game, both in terms of profits and quality.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion

The scans are leaks, but the other stuff is 100% intentional info being shared from Blizzard to
A) distract people from the HK situation

B) try to tide unhappy players over until Blizzcon (OW especially)

C) test the waters to see if there's anything they need to fix with their messaging about OW2 before Blizzcon.
From the looks of it there are issues with the Overwatch community, they have issues with the game and are leaving it. Maybe the will do a locked thing instead did making a new game. I am not sure how much the player base had dropped by but there are issue with the way the game that Blizzard does not seem to be addressing
There have been issues for years. Personally I left the game in mid-2018, it's just that now people just have finally gotten sick of it in greater quantity.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Mary Skelter 2 denied rating in Australia which effectively means it is banned. So even if a Steam release happens down the road is it also banned from there or can IF just submit it without a rating?

Reactions: Arsene

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion

I'm fairly certain this isn't actually a hard sequel.

It's obviously going to be a massive overhaul of the current game if they want to fix the game's issues, but I think there's next to a 0% chance they charge for this update.

They just released OW on Switch, and they've been atrophying players/streamers/community for months now. Acti-Blizz doesn't want OW to be behind a $60 paywall anymore. They want to compete with Fortnite and they probably need to make the update free to bring people back (at the very least it has to be free to current OW1 owners), and then they'll make their money with tuned-up "service" monetization schemes.

All of which is to say, if they have problems again, it won't be a "bad look" because it'll just be a troubled patch cycle that might require a major update cycle to fix like many service games go through. Fortnite went through a lot of bullshit in Seasons 9-10, League went through shit during its Ardent Censer meta in 2017, etc.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Can Overwatch 2 just be a grid / hex-based tactical turn based strategy game? There's a lot of great mechanics there when you take the repetition, paying for costumes & other humans out of the equation.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.