Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
All the stuff with stealing away kickstarter stuff & Epic is sort of just adding more fuel to the fire for me ignoring games on KS until they're a real product. I'll wish them well and hope they succeed but I'm not giving them any money until they're tangible.

I mean I learned my lesson about kickstarter back in 2014 or 2015 something when the first ones from 2012/13 started rolling in and chain failing and delaying their stuff and I stopped backing stuff even though it was me watching games I had seen literally decades ago basically get revitalized.

They started out good for with an incentive to actually help them get started but then ended up being just as expensive if not more so when you backed them on kickstarter.

My final straw was backing a game ended up being just helping a KS for a digital artbook to help get the final launch goal and they didn't want to send out the book until the very end because it "contained" spoilers. Followed up by them just dumping it in an open link anyone could grab so I didn't have to bother backing it if I wanted it in the first place after having waited 2.5 years for them to finally release it. Lol

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
totes off-topic:
yes we make swanky watches, yes we have a lot of cows, yes we have banks filled to the brim with "not our gold" ...

But the next time someone tells me Swiss trains are always on time... I'll start swinging.

Reactions: Ruvon and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way are Resistance and Killzone good FPS games?

Also it looks like I will not be getting my copy of Death Stranding until Nov 15, which is when the Jedi game comes out.... Oh Best Buy you already did this with me and the FE game. I think I'm just going to play Astral Chain since it should take me less than 20 hours to beat
Also I failed the October Challenge. I tried getting back into Code Vein and while it can be fun it can also be frustrating. When you attack in one direction you can't just change directions. And this sucks because it uses up stamina and the enemy is in the opposite direction of where I am attacking.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
I've seen some negative comments about the new Library today. I've been using for a while already, but I quite like it.

Detail view was my favorite previously though, and it's clearly based on it.

I hope they continue to iterate on it though.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I've seen some negative comments about the new Library today. I've been using for a while already, but I quite like it.

i'm sure they will (they already said as much)

and yeah, i really like the new library (been using it since beta) ... i just wish more devs and publishers gave a fuck about updating their shit, 'cause right now about 70-75% of my library doesn't have the new assets

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

I'm surprised they rolled it out so fast. I was fully expecting it to be in beta for months.
But I suppose it makes sense with the Halloween sale and the new Events system, they want devs to be able to benefit from it already during the sale.

Did report a bug yesterday though. I wrote a review and noticed that it shows up in the game page activity feed but without any formatting or line-breaks. Looks garbage.

i just wish more devs and publishers gave a fuck about updating their shit, 'cause right now about 70-75% of my library doesn't have the new assets
I just hope that now that it's out of beta more devs/pubs will get pressured into updating their shit.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
RE2 only 22$ on Indiegala.

Part of me really wants to bite...

but the other part of me knows I currently have Spyro, Crash, TOW, Bloodstained, Death Stranding, RDR2 and Steam sales in the coming months on my plate. + Wtvr additional stuff Humble unlocks tomorrow.

Drowning in my backlog while wanting to spend more $$$ on video games :cautious:

Also wouldn't be surprised if next humble monthly early unlock winds up being RE2. The deal is active for another 4 days so better to not buy anything now.

Reactions: PC-tan and xinek

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
totes off-topic:
yes we make swanky watches, yes we have a lot of cows, yes we have banks filled to the brim with "not our gold" ...

But the next time someone tells me Swiss trains are always on time... I'll start swinging.
You have good french speakers humorists like Marina Rollman or Yann Marguet too :p

Yeah, same here, people doesn't like it because of What's New section like OSatan , find it hard with new font color to see if a game is installed or not, or doesn't like how the list is displayed.

I have no problem with it, I like how informations are more visible when you select a game, dynamic collections and filters are cool, but I do understand some find the old display easier to read.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
You have good french speakers humorists like Marina Rollman or Yann Marguet too :p
oh ? I'm not really familiar with our comedy scene. But to be honest, I rarely like francophone or italophone comedians. I usually stick to american/british comedians !

But thanks for the rec. I'll look them up on YT !

Reactions: Ruvon

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
The combat in Resident Evil 6 is terrible. Melee is mostly kicking and hitting thin air, and slow crawling zombies are jumping towards you all of a sudden without visual indication. Some zombies also seem to be immune against headshots. What a mess... :(

By the way are Resistance and Killzone good FPS games?
Resistance 3 is one of the best FPS games ever made for console. Killzone 3 is good as well. At least it was last generation.

Reactions: Li Kao

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
The combat in Resident Evil 6 is terrible. Melee is mostly kicking and hitting thin air, and slow crawling zombies are jumping towards you all of a sudden without visual indication. Some zombies also seem to be immune against headshots. What a mess... :(
Paging Jawmuncher for a better explanation than I can provide.

I found the melee combat in Resident Evil 6 a lot of fun. Actually more fun than shooting. But you shouldn't just flail around, there is method to the madness. I think the best/funnest way to play was to shoot the zombies once and then go in for a melee finisher when they're staggered.

But it's been a while, Jawmuncher probably knows better.

Reactions: Ge0force

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Started My Friend Pedro. Needed something different after a streak of playing 3 RPGs right after another. It's fun. Still need to get used to the controls a bit but it seems fine. Can't imagine playing it with a controller though.

Oh and it isn't the new client, the game or my PC that the game hangs for a moment when I unlock an achievement?

Doesn't exist anymore. What was it?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So Gearbox posted a halloween shift code for Borderlands 3 and im going to get the game eventually on Steam so I decided to try and redeem it. To my surprise it actually lets you register Shift codes for the Steam version of the game even though its not out until April lol.

Hell when I redeemed the code Steam was literally the only option I had. So just a heads up for anyone interested in picking up BL3 when it comes to Steam.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
So Gearbox posted a halloween shift code for Borderlands 3 and im going to get the game eventually on Steam so I decided to try and redeem it. To my surprise it actually lets you register Shift codes for the Steam version of the game even though its not out until April lol.

Hell when I redeemed the code Steam was literally the only option I had. So just a heads up for anyone interested in picking up BL3 when it comes to Steam.

Thanks! I redeemed several shift codes for Blands 3 despite not owning it :D

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, can a kind soul share these codes ? I mean, I'm in no rush to play Bland 3 but why not.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Uh, can a kind soul share these codes ? I mean, I'm in no rush to play Bland 3 but why not.
  • HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR (1 Golden Key)
  • ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36 (1 Golden Key)
  • Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6 (1 Golden Key)
  • 9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z (3 Golden Keys)
  • ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5 (1 Golden Key)
  • ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H (3 Golden Keys)
  • K9W3T-BJZ59-B9SHB-6B3JT-T9CFF (Halloween Masks, Expires Nov 4th)

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
  • HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR (1 Golden Key)
  • ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36 (1 Golden Key)
  • Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6 (1 Golden Key)
  • 9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z (3 Golden Keys)
  • ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5 (1 Golden Key)
  • ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H (3 Golden Keys)
  • K9W3T-BJZ59-B9SHB-6B3JT-T9CFF (Halloween Masks, Expires Nov 4th)
Thanks, I am late and didn't play Bland 2, I suppose golden keys are a kind of loot box ?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Thanks, I am late and didn't play Bland 2, I suppose golden keys are a kind of loot box ?
Yeah it opens a box that gives you a choice between two or more high power weapons of a random type. Its recommended to use them late in the game to get the most value from them.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Finally got to play a (functional) version of P.T today, oh boy, it's exactly as scary as everyone says it is. Damn. (Still not Jump scare mansion but... P.T is creepier)

Oh, yeah...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN FLUFFERS!

The High Holiday is upon us. Its raining like the dickens and it'll be windy AF later on, so the kids are screwed. I've got my Reeses Pumpkins set, so fuck them' kids. (JK, poor children)

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Please educate me :p
This is what I found from Jawmunchers OT way way back:

GENERAL TIPS
  • The prologue only teaches the basics. So don't fully rely on it.
  • The loading screen tips are worth reading.
  • The more you utilize all of the games systems, the more fun you can have.
  • Auto-mix herbs and insta-load pills: Hold R1 and press Square when empty (RB and press X on XB1)
  • Paint targets for AI partner: L2 + Circle (LT + B on XB1)
  • Laying on the ground or taking cover regenerate's stamina quicker, also taking pills will restore stamina as well.
  • Dazing enemies (Like in RE4 & 5) allows for special melee attacks to be performed on them.
  • Insta-Death QTE's can be turned off in the options (The game will automatically perform them if you fail)
  • QTEs which say to wiggle the analog stick mean for you to wiggle both analogs, which will fill the bar faster.
  • In the options you can change back to laser pointer aiming if you dislike the crosshair.
  • There are numerous camera settings, such as FOV slider, Shoulder Preference, camera bob, etc. So mess with the settings and find a camera configuration comfortable for you.

COMBAT TIPS
  • Sliding: Dash with Action button (X on PS3, A on XB1), then hit L2 to slide (LT on XB1). To spin 180 degrees mid-slide, pull back while sliding. To shoot while sliding, tap R2 (RT on XB1))
  • Rolling while standing: Aim with L2 (LT on XB1), then tap Action button and left or right to roll in that direction. Release L2 (LT on XB1) mid-roll to stand, or continue to hold L2 (LT on XB1) to lie on the ground. On the ground, tap left and right to roll
  • Dodging: Aim (L2 on PS4, LT on XB1) and hit the Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) while standing
  • Running attacks: Dash with Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) and hit R2 (RT on XB1)
  • Quick shot: L2 + R2 (LT + RT on XB1) when near an enemy; tap repeatedly to attack multiple nearby targets (Uses your stamina bar)
  • Quick recover: Mash the Action button (X on PS4, A on XB1) when knocked down, or hold back and tap the Action button
  • Counter Attack's can be performed by pressing R2 (RT on XB1) at the right time when the prompt is shown.
  • In mercenaries mode you can slide into Time Bonuses to break them.
  • Jake has hand to hand moves as a weapon, use them often when playing as him! Hold L2, then hold R2 (LT & RT on XB1) to lock on. Release R2 (RT on XB1) to dash, keep pressing R2 (RT on XB1) to do multiple moves on the enemies around you. You can perform a Backflip using Down + X (A on XB1) during this if needed.
  • Always remember you can slide into cover!

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
So after Arkham Asylum 100% I just started City last night and I must admit I am kind of overwhelmed at the "open world" and all of the riddler things I can see but can't access yet. I think I prefer the Asylum level design. That said I am only 2 hours in so we will see how it grows on me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.