Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
This looks interesting. Charming/humorous strategy RPG from a French studio.

Woah, that's a blast from the past.
If it's half as funny as the audio Naheulbeuk, it could be good. Dunno about that being a "regular" RPG though, it was supposed to be a parody...
And I feel even older, because it was originally released in 2001, looong before episodic content became a staple on sharing websites. Good god, that was years before even Myspace, I remember using IRC with my friends at the time, and MSN Messenger was new... 👴

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I had to switch back to the old library on Linux because one of the recent updates also introduced a massive bug: the new elements of the library just freeze while the rest of the client is still working normally and I can still launch games from the store page, forcing me to completely restart the client. It happened like a dozen times a day in the past 4-5 days or so. It looks like it's a widespread bug since there's a thread about it.
Yeah the same for me on Mac. Hasn't happened since I turned off GPU rendering off webpages.

Reactions: Eferis

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I just fired up Hitman 2 to try out the new map and the screen freaked out so....

Im updating my graphics drivers! wish me luck, haven't done it for a while,

Reactions: MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

why hasn't any streaming sites put up this weeks Always Sunny episode yet? I would have bought/subbed to Hulu/FXX if I could, but it's only for US folks.

Edit: found one.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

why hasn't any streaming sites put up this weeks Always Sunny episode yet? I would have bought/subbed to Hulu/FXX if I could, but it's only for US folks.

Never saw an episode, and that's directly due to the fucking availability of the show :anguished-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Never saw an episode, and that's directly due to the fucking availability of the show :anguished-face:
I would have subbed to the streaming site that had Always Sunny just for that show alone, so me needing to use illegal streaming sites makes this a availability problem for me.

Gabe Newell said many years ago that piracy is a service and availability problem.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018

I dont know if I can legally stream anywhere in Canada. Is it in Amazon Prime? They have some FX shows when I used to subscribe.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
i guess I’ll come as a massive hypocrite given how much shit I’ve been given Blizzard, but y’know, I just bought this iphone...
Nah you don't. Honestly, you either use phones or you don't, there are no good companies out there, especially among tech giants. Google spies on you and doesn't even bother finding an excuse for it, Samsung was caught spying through Smart TV sets a few years back and they were highly involved in the scandal that hit South Korea government some time ago, Huawei and all the others major Android producers are Chinese and that's also a leap of faith given their government, Apple is highly elitist and has many other issues. Just pick your poison or don't use a phone at all (but you probably need one).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i guess I’ll come as a massive hypocrite given how much shit I’ve been given Blizzard, but y’know, I just bought this iphone...
Nah you don't. Honestly, you either use phones or you don't, there are no good companies out there, especially among tech giants. Google spies on you and doesn't even bother finding an excuse for it, Samsung was caught spying through Smart TV sets a few years back and they were highly involved in the scandal that hit South Korea government some time ago, Huawei and all the others major Android producers are Chinese and that's also a leap of faith given their government, Apple is highly elitist and has many other issues. Just pick your poison or don't use a phone at all (but you probably need one).

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, that’s what i Think too. When it comes to smartphones, at least in my country, every brand is in bed with China or have questionable practices. It sucks :/

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
My EGS spider senses have been tingling about Moons of Madness for a while now and that coming to "PC" on the video and now Denuvo only put them into overdrive.
oh shit has it got Denuvo?. Bah, will probably wait on it a bit then. See if it gets removed.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

I only just found out about the story of this game a month ago and ya old game.

Death Stranding will come to Steam with VR support.

So they are shipping to Japan now?
Or I'm guessing he has an office in the US or something?

I'm sure getting something like this should not be hard for him but for others in Japan it's more inconvenient.

Cloud gaming between individuals? Without input lag for the remote players? Hmmm... Way more dubious than cloud gaming services like Stadia. The primary player streams the game to the remote players, and receives their gamepad input. Unless everyone has a really good Internet connection, I don't see that working on a fast and skillful game like TowerFall Ascension. If the remote players had the game installed, only ping would be an issue, but here it is both bandwidth and ping. Too many possible weak links.

So it may be ideal for some games but not all?

Reactions: JMTHEFOX

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This game is such a joy to play. Just wrapped up the second world. Are you hunting all those collectibles just like I am? This is a perfect game to 120%

Edit: I've just read that you did it. Congrats! What were your feelings? I absolutely adore this game
It was a lot of fun!
Going for 120% didn't feel annoying at all, but just right.
Nice to be able to go for 100% in a game without it feeling bloated.

Reactions: vitormg

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
I didnt know about this. Thats great for them, I hope Apple would do the same.

If you need a new phone, Apple is at least making some amount of effort with their privacy tools that you can appreciate. Yes, their stupid shit with HK/Taiwan emojis is dumb, and the constant issues with apps that are temporarily censored, but if you're going to use a phone, you might as well use the one who's dedicated time to supporting encryption, curtailing ad reach in browsers and even trying to create a spam email solution.

It's definitely a pick the lesser of evils in the smartphone market though. I can easily go without Blizzard in my life. I can't easily go without a smartphone.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
The Bradwell Conspiracy, quite liked it, sure it was buggy and little rough around the edges but thought the atmosphere was nice at times and I liked the "conspiracy". It felt like one of those straight to TV things you watch a sunday morning.

Lol yeah I thought that. Did all of MC get a key from that stream?
Haha yeah think many did.:D

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
If you need a new phone, Apple is at least making some amount of effort with their privacy tools that you can appreciate. Yes, their stupid shit with HK/Taiwan emojis is dumb, and the constant issues with apps that are temporarily censored, but if you're going to use a phone, you might as well use the one who's dedicated time to supporting encryption, curtailing ad reach in browsers and even trying to create a spam email solution.

It's definitely a pick the lesser of evils in the smartphone market though. I can easily go without Blizzard in my life. I can't easily go without a smartphone.
I recently selected an iPhone because of this. Everyone has their hands dirty tbh

Reactions: Samson

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
but if you're going to use a phone, you might as well use the one who's dedicated time to supporting encryption, curtailing ad reach in browsers and even trying to create a spam email solution.
Apple is doing all this? I thought they were worse than Android when it comes to privacy issues.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Indivisible is a game where the writing is the thing I find it hard to put up with. It's really bad. I am skipping talking with most NPCs because there is nothing interesting they have to say. And for the main story the dialogue is atrocious and not in a good way. I can put up with Borderlands but this is almost too much for me.
I really enjoy the gameplay part though it can sometimes get pretty chaotic and janky. Looks great, too.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Apple is doing all this? I thought they were worse than Android when it comes to privacy issues.
Apple very famously refused to unlock an iPhone for a trial stating that developing a backdoor for its systems would endanger its customers’ data.

Reactions: PC-tan and Samson

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Well Android means lots of different brands and implementations and "all this" isn't anything special. Apple also had a bunch of data breaches and questionable privacy policies exposed, I wouldn't trust them either (and wouldn't buy their stuff for a slew of other reasons anyway, but let's not get into that). I agree tho that it's hard to find a phone brand you can trust 100%, there are some niche devices that are geared 100% towards privacy but they usually have other drawbacks like outdated hardware, availability or bad longterm software support. From the known ones if I were very concerned about my data I'd probably give BlackBerry a try.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Add me to the list of Spyro players.
120%, all achievements, it was great! And at no point was it annoying, the little challenges are perfect and reward exploration nicely. Plus that's one hell of a remake, it looks exactly as it should, and plays like a dream.
My small complaint would be the pretty flat soundtrack, and the bosses lack a bit of charm, they still have nothing to say (except the last one) and are little more than reskinned regular ennemies with some extra platforming in the middle. They make good use of Spyro capabilities, but they're a bit boring. Maybe they could have added some cut scenes? Odd considering the amount of work they've done in animating and dubbing every single dragon otherwise.
But it's a nitpick.

I loved the game back then, and it still totally holds up. Much better than Crash... and it has good hitboxes too, that helps.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Lol, in what universe?
Are they perfect? No, their shit is way too expensive and they still do some totally morally dubious stuff trying to appease China and certain Middle Eastern states every once in a while. The main difference is that they're still primarily interested (for now) in selling you that expensive-ass hardware. Not necessarily datamining you and monetizing your humanity, which is still pretty much the entire raison d'etre for other certain tech companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.