Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Folks can play as they like, though I always go female and wherever a few clicks of the random and some small minor changes takes me in a minute or so of time spent.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Li Kao

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
i wish ... and port the rest of them to PC too ... i'd absolutely but a "classic collection" or something ... even if they were emulated isos
Allied Assault War Chest and Pacific Assault are available on GoG (and Origin). They might get them on Steam eventually too. Pretty sure console MoH games are a lost cause though. At least they're emulated very easily since they were all on PS2.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Larian are a little bit hypocritical there. Maybe that's just me but it felt like they kind of really, really loathed Elves in D:OS 2. It's like - "Make an original character! No. Not like that."

I like Elves and I loathed playing one in that game. They had a really gross take on the race :/.

Reactions: Li Kao

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Larian are a little bit hypocritical there. Maybe that's just me but it felt like they kind of really, really loathed Elves in D:OS 2. It's like - "Make an original character! No. Not like that."

I like Elves and I loathed playing one in that game. They had a really gross take on the race :/.
How do you have a gross take on a fantasy race that doesnt exist?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
The more I play these top down Bloodborne inspire indie games the more I feel like they are making combat bad as a joke.

Why does it have to be so clunky
Why does is it that often you can only attack to the sides

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
How do you have a gross take on a fantasy race that doesnt exist?
Having them be cannibals eating body parts and salvaging memories from them would be gross no matter the race, especially one that has the image of Elves.

Not to force my perception on you but I think you can at least understand why I'd view it as that.

Also what's even the point of saying the race doesn't exist, how does it even relate to its portrayal as gross? I mean, not gross as in distasteful not-subtle references to real-life topics. I mean gross as in really, viscerally, bloodily gross.

Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Having them be cannibals eating body parts and salvaging memories from them would be gross no matter the race, especially one that has the image of Elves.
I don't see the connection to cannibalism. Being able to take on the memories of your ancestors, after they have died, would make for an interesting culture. I would assume they would be expert historians, since they could just literally receive first hand accounts of any past event.
Note that it doesn't require them to kill anybody, they can just nibble on their remains after the fact.

You seem to be a bit too squeamish here. I guess you humans will never understand our elven ways * eats some of his ancestors *

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I really need to replay DOS2 to try the 2 characters I left out the first time and see all the improvments of the definitive edition. It's in my top 5 favorite games but it's so damn long which makes finding the time to replay it really hard.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Not to force my perception on you but I think you can at least understand why I'd view it as that.

Also what's even the point of saying the race doesn't exist, how does it even relate to its portrayal as gross? I mean, not gross as in distasteful not-subtle references to real-life topics. I mean gross as in really, viscerally, bloodily gross.
That would be my fault then, i thought you were going strictly for gross as stand in for real life. I don't think I'm far enough into DOS2 to have come across instances or records of them doing so yet. I'm intrigued at the very least, since that really flips the usual elf depiction on its head

Reactions: QFNS and Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't see the connection to cannibalism. Being able to take on the memories of your ancestors, after they have died, would make for an interesting culture. I would assume they would be expert historians, since they could just literally receive first hand accounts of any past event.
Note that it doesn't require them to kill anybody, they can just nibble on their remains after the fact.

You seem to be a bit too squeamish here. I guess you humans will never understand our elven ways * eats some of his ancestors *
Taking on memories? Yup! But doing it through eating their literal flesh is utterly disgusting to me and really comes across as an edgy take on Elves. You end up eating every rotten body parts that's lying around the world, come on. If it had been something like a drop of blood, such as what Malady does, I could kind of go along with it. But here you just much on a skin-less head.

Sorry, it's gross and really inappropriate for Elves to me :p.

That would be my fault then, i thought you were going strictly for gross as stand in for real life. I don't think I'm far enough into DOS2 to have come across instances or records of them doing so yet. I'm intrigued at the very least, since that really flips the usual elf depiction on its head
It's all good. And I'll hand it to them, it was original and unexpected if not very palatable for me.

Reactions: Mivey

Leon Belmont

Feb 7, 2019
How can it be possible that Steam Support can't help me with the cc issue, they told me that my CVV does not match with the one of my cc issuer, I called so many times to my bank and they told me that my cc was blocked, they unblocked it, still can't buy games.

Steam support keeps telling me that the info does not match. So I had to add paypal with the same cc to see if the problem is my cc, bumm I could buy the game.

So what's the problem?

• Hug
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
How can it be possible that Steam Support can't help me with the cc issue, they told me that my CVV does not match with the one of my cc issuer, I called so many times to my bank and they told me that my cc was blocked, they unblocked it, still can't buy games.

Steam support keeps telling me that the info does not match. So I had to add paypal with the same cc to see if the problem is my cc, bumm I could buy the game.

So what's the problem?
Have you tried in some way to ad money your Steam wallet and see if you can buy via your wallet? Or tired another cc if you have one?

I had the same problem a few years ago and either I waited it out or I wrote some info wrong.

Reactions: Leon Belmont

Deleted member 113

So what's the problem?
I occasionally experienced similar problems with Steam. I could buy with a certain credit card on Steam if I used Paypal, but not by paying directly.
In all occasions, after a few days without making further attempts, the issue would solve itself.

I believe each time you get a declined message, after a while their system "blocks" you for some time, and if you keep trying that blocking period continues to increase.

If you already checked all your info (including address, phone number, postal code, ...), and everything is exactly like your bank statement, try waiting 3/5/7 days without attempting to make a purchase, and see if things start working again.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Is it just me or is paypal trying to kill itself? First huge increases in regional transfer fees, then reducing protections for users, then this and whatever I forgot?
You're misreading the situation here. This isn't a dumb move on the side of Paypal. This is a monopolist using their market share to increase prices and knowing that a large percentage of the customers can't really get around them anyway. There's many shops out there that only take Paypal, and if you don't have a CC, there's hardly a good replacement for Paypal, one that's nearly as well supported world-wide.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Is it just me or is paypal trying to kill itself? First huge increases in regional transfer fees, then reducing protections for users, then this and whatever I forgot?
how much did they increase the price by? Because otherwise I might just use my credit card that I normally use any way.

I have been wondering about that, is there really any point in me using PayPal. I have a credit card and the good thing about using it is that the funds will go back to my credit card, when I pre-order something from Best Buy and use Pay Pal they will just keep the funds, that is not bad but at least with the credit card I can just pay for it when it comes out type of a thing.

The main reason that I would use PayPal for was to just buy stuff a lot easier without having to go and look for my credit card all the time and because of how Google stores your credit card information I can just type in the CV and it will autofill my card information. And if my CC gets compromised like it did last month then I can just call my bank and they will get me another one without charging me money.

The main reason that I want to use PayPal is for buyer protection stuff but I have not really needed to use that either.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
I guess it's a good think I renew my TS3 server annually using PayPal then. I rent it from a Russian hosting service that lets you pick Kaliningrad as the server location, which is very close to my city (meaning great ping) and it's almost 50% cheaper than Polish (and over 100% than Western) hosting. All the payment options besides PayPal don't accept non-CIS credit cards though.

EDIT: It seems logging in is enough to keep you safe, so it's not that bad. I guess they want to get rid of accounts that have money on them but didn't see any activity for a long time.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
So Yakuza 2 isn't exactly a great port, is it? I can't get it to run at 60 so I set the frame-rate to 30 which causes screen tearing even with v-sync on. If I set the frame-rate to 60 the screen tearing disappears but I'm always fluctuating between 40 and 50 fps.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

I’m certain several people here can answer that one.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some FMV and story focused games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Liquidators

Short free experience about what being a liquidator during the Chernobyl nuclear disaster meant.

Based on actual events, LIQUIDATORS is an interactive experience about the three nuclear plant workers that embark on a daring mission to prevent a nuclear fallout that would affect half of Europe during the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster. The player will take the roles of Alexei Ananenko, Valeri Bezpalov, and Boris Baranov, in order to find the correct drainage valves in a destroyed reactor that is extremely deadly and hazardous, to prevent one of the worst disasters foreseen in history.
Long time no see

Chinese FMV (with English translation for everything but audio) with decent acting, following a class reunion that goes odd.

You and your friend Ma Zhigao decided to participate in a class reunion and use it as a chance to rob the safe of your rich classmate. But against all expectations, the tranquil villa turned into a closed-off crime scene. You need to make a series of choices in order to survive in various situations as well as uncovering the truth.

Methods: The detective competition

A visual novel set during a detective competition, 100 detectives come, only one can win (chicken dinner).

One hundred detectives compete against each other in a mysterious competition, solving crimes created by the world's smartest criminals.
The detective who wins receives one million dollars and the opportunity of a lifetime. If a criminal wins, however, they will also receive a million dollars... and parole, no matter the severity of their crime.

Lapso

Firewatch-like game where you put yourself in the shoes of a scientist in an old region where even animals have escaped from. It has a demo too!

Before the incident, its trails were travelled by hikers and pilgrims, now it is a place frozen in time, where the animals fled long ago.
Put yourself in Ilai's shoes, a scientific illustrator caravan camping on the edge of the lake in the 1970s, undertaking a special assignment. One day, he discovers an unmapped section of forest and everything changes.
Explore Rockrose's autumn in search of oddities, visit its abandoned places and discover its secrets.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Time to do like in the movies, be a man :coffee-blob:
Please don’t

• Toucan
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Deleted member 113

I'm not sure if everyone checked it already, but Green Man Gaming has a "4 for 1€" deal that may be of interest to some people:

Most offerings were already bundled several times, but still, there's some cool games in there, like Beat Cop, The Flame In The Flood, Toybox Turbos (a lot of fun), Tower 57, Rocket Knight (unavailable to purchase on Steam in many locations, like mine, so buying from 3rd party stores like GMG is your only option), ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
This year unexpected hits from Steam, woah!

Tumbleweed crossing the streets on EGS

EGS PR: or exclusive dev before Steam release Guys! Game XYZ is a massive hit!"
Most of the community: Yeah, sure, Epic.

EVEN IF there is a massive Hit, nobody will believe it, because there is no statistic to look at, no metrics. Especially Multiplayer games need people believing in your product, believing that the game has a healthy community. Twitch can only tell you so much and is inflated in the first days to two weeks.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is insanely cool:

What tools are they using? Which HMD and that stuff?
This year unexpected hits from Steam, woah!

There is likely to be more also did you know that in average it would seem that Steam now has something of 20 million concurrent players. More or less that's where the numbers have sort of settled at after the whole stay at [UWSL]home thing. [/UWSL]

Status
Not open for further replies.