Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Sorry for shilling, but...

I need more YT content to watch. Please help me feed my hunger thnx

About the only one I watch often is:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

The time can be cut down significantly if you're not going for 100%. I do recommend going for the secret achievement, though.

I think a lot of people here will like it a bunch. It's a laid back, exploration heavy, beauty of a game. I really enjoyed the world, the story, and quest style. You can explore and complete quests by just finding stuff to do. You'll eventually meet the person who wants whatever you found, or that you helped. The open-endedness may lead to a few bugs, but I imagine those will get ironed out soon.

Anyway, a dope game that really clicked with me. It's a shame it has the issues it does (performance & bugs), because it should honestly be the talk of the town right now.
:3

Around 16 hours here.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I like the look of Sable but will wait for a few patches i think. Also i remember the publishers being a bit dickish around the whole eggs stuff so it soured me on any games they put out.
Ill get it, just when its in a better state and price point for me.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I like the look of Sable but will wait for a few patches i think. Also i remember the publishers being a bit dickish around the whole eggs stuff so it soured me on any games they put out.
Ill get it, just when its in a better state and price point for me.
Latest gamepass patch seemed to increase framerate but the stuttering is still there.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Tales of Zestiria is almost universally disliked by Tales fans, but it kinda connects to Berseria so.
I'd be remiss not to mention that I still don't understand that at all.

IMHO, Zestiria is easily in the top 5 Tales games of all time. It has a great battle system which is a bit more tactical than many of the other games, and a comparatively low number of annoying and/or ow-the-edge characters.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Re: Tales of Zestiria backlash

I haven't played the game but I have watched the anime. The most controversy thing in ToZ among Japanese is the "real companion" comment by Mikleo

真の仲間とは (シンノナカマとは) [単語記事] - ニコニコ大百科 (only in Japanese)

Mikleo said Rose is the real companion to Sorey because "she can see and hear the same thing" as Sorey. As Alisa was not able to do so due to lack of power, this line is implying that Alisa being a drag to the party.

Around 2;20

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Re: Tales of Zestiria backlash

I haven't played the game but I have watched the anime. The most controversy thing in ToZ among Japanese is the "real companion" comment by Mikleo

真の仲間とは (シンノナカマとは) [単語記事] - ニコニコ大百科 (only in Japanese)

Mikleo said Rose is the real companion to Sorey because "she can see and hear the same thing" as Sorey. As Alisa was not able to do so due to lack of power, this line is implying that Alisa being a drag to the party.

Around 2;20
I know about this controversy among the Japanese fanbase and it's so silly it feels hard to take it seriously, even by silly gaming audience standards.

• This!
Reactions: Durante

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I know about this controversy among the Japanese fanbase and it's so silly it feels hard to take it seriously, even by silly gaming audience standards.
Bullying is a huge issue in Japan, so I can see why it is a controversy among them. Honestly I don't feel comfortable with this line as well.

• Eyes
Reactions: Li Kao and Tomasety

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Somehow cdkeys has Typing of the Dead keys. This game never discounts on steam in recent years so I would recommend grabbing it now when supply lasts.

Edit: Out of stock already! That's fast.
There's more keys now although not sure if it's the same price as before.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Bullying is a huge issue in Japan, so I can see why it is a controversy among them. Honestly I don't feel comfortable with this line as well.
If I remember this line correctly from the English version, Mikleo is being a bit heartless, but was just making a practical point. Rose is better suited due to her abilities. Doesn't feel like bullying to me at al. But then again, maybe I just have issues taking any of the interpersonal relations in a JRPG at face value.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
There's more keys now although not sure if it's the same price as before.
Same price!
If I remember this line correctly from the English version, Mikleo is being a bit heartless, but was just making a practical point. Rose is better suited due to her abilities. Doesn't feel like bullying to me at al. But then again, maybe I just have issues taking any of the interpersonal relations in a JRPG at face value.
I do agree that it is practical to think in this way, but that line can trigger a lot of people, especially in a game where Bamco advertised it as "情熱が世界を照らすRPG / RPG of Passion Lighting the World".

• Eyes

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, just seen the press release. This is one game I am not even disappointed in being EGS exclusive.

Guessing when EGS approached square for FF7R square decided to offload the games they expected to underperform. It's on old TV tactic.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I thought its just the three games previously, well guess its now expected for all SE games related to Nomura will be exclusives.
Timed, yes, most likely all Nomura content will be like this.

Yeah, just seen the press release. This is one game I am not even disappointed in being EGS exclusive.

Guessing when EGS approached square for FF7R square decided to offload the games they expected to underperform. It's on old TV tactic.
Who knows but the pattern is pretty clear I think

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm kinda surprised it's EGS exclusive since the original trailer had a generic PC logo. I was expecting Steam, EGS and MS Store like Forspoken. Oh well, I'll just rent it on Xbox and forget it.

Reactions: Gintaro

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
To VtuberMC:
  • Ribbon Loving Soul Doll – Monica (voiced by Shirakami Fubuki)
  • Doll Hugging Soul Doll – Monica (voiced by Omaru Polka)
  • Soul Doll of The Throne – Vanessa (voiced by Shirogane Noel)

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I'm kinda surprised it's EGS exclusive since the original trailer had a generic PC logo. I was expecting Steam, EGS and MS Store like Forspoken. Oh well, I'll just rent it on Xbox and forget it.
Or just wait a year until all the additional content is out (being developed by KT grants at least a few DLCs) and that's it
:p

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

The site suggested the plan was to release the remastered games in October or November 2021 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, PC, Stadia, and mobile phones, although it said the PC and mobile versions could be delayed as Rockstar was prioritising the console ports.
Later in August, reliable games industry insider Tom Henderson said he too had been informed of plans to launch the remastered trilogy, but that his sources had pointed to a release “sometime in 2022.”
Following Thursday’s classification, Kotaku sources claimed the plan has changed again, with Rockstar now intending to release the trilogy in November.

This could be "Unannounced Dungeon Tactics Game" from nvidia speculation.

Nice speculation kills.
If so, the game will be released ~ 3 months and a half later than scheduled.

Last edited:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
IMHO, Zestiria is easily in the top 5 Tales games of all time. It has a great battle system which is a bit more tactical than many of the other games, and a comparatively low number of annoying and/or ow-the-edge characters.
For me, Zestiria just has too much going on at all times, it's bloated as all hell to the point you're still getting basic system tutorials 20 hours in.

As for the characters, It's really not that hard to not be annoying when they're so dull and one note. No, Sorey, "protagonist" isn't a personality.

• Eyes

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
meanwhile at CaPCom
I'm sure they'll release DMCV Special Edition any day now then. Right? RIGHT? :blobweary:

for shmup lovers
Sweet. Darius Gaiden is included in this version of the collection, so that's an easy pickup. (I guess there's another collection of console versions and console-exclusive Dariuses. I wonder if that'll come eventually.)

I just hope it doesn't get always online DRM. Taito seems to love that garbage.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
What a pleasant surprise this thread is :)

I've been playing the Afterlife update to Death's Gambit and I'm enjoying it. There was some friction early on as I was figuring out the controls, but I keep warming up to it more and more. Worth checking out if you're looking for a new metroidvania / 2D action-RPG.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.