Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Sadrac is giving away 1 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

Good luck

The following games are being given away:

• STAR WARS: Squadrons
    • won by Pogi
    • (8 entries)

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
If KH games sold terrible on EGS (which everything points to), imagine FF Origins. :p
I really hope FF Origins sells terrible as well. It's the only way to discourage big publishers to do exclusivity deals on pc.

I'm afraid the FF7 remake will do very well no matter what storefront it's released. If that happens, I see Square abandoning Steam for their biggest games. I see Square signing even more exclusivity deals for their future games. These guys are greedy as f*ck.

Reason: Changed into a reasonable comment after eating some ice cream 🍦
Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really hope FF Origins sells terrible as well. It's the only way to discourage big publishers to do exclusivity deals on pc.

I'm afraid the FF7 remake will do very well no matter what storefront it's released. If that happens, I see Square abandoning Steam for their biggest games. These guys are greedy as f*ck.
Lol, Square is not abandoning Steam. Sometimes you need to chill.

Also, SE don't care about the games selling bad on EGS, they got money. I honestly think they are fully aware the games won't sell there.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

I'm afraid the FF7 remake will do very well no matter what storefront it's released. If that happens, I see Square abandoning Steam for their biggest games. These guys are greedy as f*ck.
EVERY SINGLE TIME, I FUCKING SWEAR!

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Tim's secret goal all along was for the EGS to fail so he could accuse Valve of being a monopoly and sue them too!
As sad as it is funny, there are folks who seriously suggest that the fact that Epic has spent hundreds of millions with little inroads into the market, proves that Steam is a monopoly, rather than entertaining the idea that maybe Epic's strategy is ineffective.

I dislike exclusives all across the board, but the only place they have ever made sense is in subscription services where customer retention is much more vital than direct sale services.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
All this Windows 11 stuff just reminds me of the Windows 10 release and everyone saying they will never upgrade. Give it like 5 months after official release and everyone will upgrade.
Personal users maybe, the hard sell is corporate/business users. I still see stores using Win7 at work all the time. Getting them to move to win11 is going to be impossible

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Personal users maybe, the hard sell is corporate/business users. I still see stores using Win7 at work all the time. Getting them to move to win11 is going to be impossible
Well yea corporate will be another story. I work in IT and I still see XP systems connected to the internet running software it's disgusting.

Also Server 2003 etc.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
All this Windows 11 stuff just reminds me of the Windows 10 release and everyone saying they will never upgrade. Give it like 5 months after official release and everyone will upgrade.
This is fair, though there were a lot of folks who never switched to Vista or 8, and I feel like there where an appreciable number of fence sitters sitting on 7 until MS started hiding an update to 10. I remember a few of my friends were hit with the surprise update and I was able to hold out a bit longer.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Well yea corporate will be another story. I work in IT and I still see XP systems connected to the internet running software it's disgusting.

Also Server 2003 etc.
Thankfully i havent seen any clients use XP in about 2 years, because it was hard enough to convince those morons that patient safety was at risk on their 'working perfectly' machines.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
the newest scoops on Steam Deckard:

some guy doing SteamVR stuff for Valve kinda accidentally posted some stuff to a forum before deleting it quickly, but some guys did get what he posted (the guys who downloaded it respectfully accepted his wishes about not spreading it / spreading it to a minimum level), but some guys did look more into it, and they found a deckard python file

the deckard python file apparently, has the following info:
  • it will have temperature sensors that can communicate info about it from the headset to a PC (or a Steam Deck)
  • it will likely have a Qualcomm Snapdragon arm chip going on

also, windows 11 is growing more and more impractical

the bar at the bottom of the screen is hard to navigate, the volume mixer takes more time to reach, and not only that
while this is a possible problem caused by me rampant abuse of my PC during every time i see my math teacher who'm i hate dearly, my PC screen has began once a day or two shutting down / getting a weird line on the bottom of the screen after long uses
generally, windows 11 is alright but it's not as good as 10, and it's best to just wait

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
The Demon Slayer game is gonna be 30fps locked at launch and will receive a 60fps patch at a later date (cutscenes will remain at 30fps).

Additionally, the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and Steam versions of the game will receive a 60FPS performance mode as part of a free post-launch update that will specifically feature 60FPS gameplay (exploring during Story mode and any battle where the player controls their character) and 30FPS cutscenes.

Hello! Yes, just to confirm, while it will be 30fps at launch to ensure a smooth playing experience both offline and online, we will indeed be adding a 60fps performance mode (60fps gameplay, 30fps cutscenes, to be precise) in a post-launch update. We appreciate your understanding during these challenging times.

Smooth playing experience... :|

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Its not enough to support Nioh2 day one on Steam after a delay but ofc KT had to get in bed with shitheel suits at Square for their next game. And I bet the eventual Nioh3 down the line will again be exclusive to Playstation for a year.

Oh well next year is stacked anyways with Elden Ring, Silksong, Stalker 2, BG3 and Starfield. I'll play FFOrigin in 2023.

Would really love for EGS to be launched into the sun at this point. They've been doing this stupid shit for 3 years now and it has absolutely done nothing to make PC gaming better/bigger. Pointless in every way.

Also hard to get excited for new Valve headset because its at least a year away and it will be sold out for months after release. And no chance it will be cheaper than 500$.

The best thing that can happen for PCVR going forward is for Zuckerberg eat the cost even more and to drop the Quest 2 down to 200$ with maybe a relowered 64gb version. And get rid of the FB requirement. But its a slim chance of it happening since you know Oculus are already working on Quest 3 and Quest 2 will be discontinued the second the third model comes out.

Also good to see lash post again :cat-heart-blob:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Also hard to get excited for new Valve headset because its at least a year away and it will be sold out for months after release. And no chance it will be cheaper than 500$.

The best thing that can happen for PCVR going forward is for Zuckerberg eat the cost even more and to drop the Quest 2 down to 200$ with maybe a relowered 64gb version. And get rid of the FB requirement. But its a slim chance of it happening since you know Oculus are already working on Quest 3 and Quest 2 will be discontinued the second the third model comes out.
facts ngl, the headset won't be cheap at all, but it'll be way more convenient than the Index with it's basestations
honestly, oculus quest 2 is a nice start for VR in the mainstream, i'm even considering making the custom haptic gloves i saw on youtube as a replacement for the rather dull controllers the oculus quest 2 has

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Not everyone.

win10 cancer is on work pc and it goes to lock screen after 1 minute of idle time after updating today. registry fiddling, group policies nothing works. Gotta enter that mile long password every other minute like a looney tunes idiot. Piece of shit, I can't believe anyone would use that crap of their own volition.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The Demon Slayer game is gonna be 30fps locked at launch and will receive a 60fps patch at a later date (cutscenes will remain at 30fps).

Smooth playing experience... :|
Into the trash it goes.

• Sad

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Woo, Melty Blood (mostly) works now! French Bread dropped a small patch today, and it appears to have fixed the NA servers. I've still encountered a few stray problems, but not enough to hamper the experience.

I'm still dunno who to play, but I'm currently leaning towards Arcueid or Kohaku (with Ciel and Miyako as distant possibilities). I haven't played Kohaku outside of maids team yet, but she seems interesting. As for Arc, I played ~30 matches with her and had a pretty good time despite how simple she is. I need to learn how to convert hits in the corner with her, since she has multiple ways to wallbounce someone into the corner, but it's always too high for me to naturally pick up.

Honestly, now that I'm getting a better feel for its quirks, the game is becoming lots of fun. It's got some odd quirks that I'm not used to yet, like how there are barely any dedicated anti-airs, or how odd the movement can feel (air-dashing doesn't correct your facing direction, and that's hurting my brain). But I'm getting the hang of the wacky shield wars nonsense and managing all the crazy meters and special moves. Also, if you play it, for the love of all things sacred, never hit a button when the opponent is in Blood Heat. I have stolen so many rounds already off shielding in Blood Heat, which auto-activates your Last Arc Drive.

Oh, and color customization isn't as detailed as I'd like, but still fun. Here's my dripless Arc:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Jeff Bezos and Tim Sweeney are both secretly pissed Steam was needed for New World's success.

Not a joke, I honestly think they are.
The Grand Tour game would've been a lot more popular if it had a Steam version. Too bad the whole thing was gone in less than 2 years and I never got the chance to experience it.

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
It's Demofest time

Do we have a thread for it?

I just looked through the quite specific "local coop games with some sort of campaign" subset and wishlisted these:

* Onsen Master, a hot spring customer management game with a cooperative campaign mode.
* Together, a re-coloring metroidvania with some sort of timed split screen mechanic.
* Deep Space Gardening, in which you cooperatively try to save the ecosystem of miniature planets.
* Bread & Fred, a designed-for-two-players precision physics platformer with a central rope swinging mechanic.
* TailQuest Defense, a beautiful non-violent tower defense / puzzle platformer mix.

At times like this I wonder how some people can be so upset at the state of gaming overall. We really live in a golden age of gaming and creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.