Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
I dunno how I feel about the new GTA remasters
Looks kinda like Fortnite
Not that its bad, just...weird. Not sure its a replication of the original game's art direction

• Toucan
  • This!
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So yeah that remaster trailer left me completely motionless. Looks like a bunch of mods slapped onto the old games, nothing more. No wonder they pulled all that bullshit with mod authors and removed the old games from Steam, so that new buyers will only have one choice. Rockstar is brutally overlooked in the "absolutely shitty publishers" list :p

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Potentially January, their coupon promotion ends on January 16th so it's a good bet, we will keep an eye on the Steam packages and see if anything changes.
Not too bad

Do you have nothing else to tide you over until they release on better stores?
No

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Zero fuck given for these remasters.
I guess it's one of the pros of being constantly LTTP, I still have GTA V and RDR 2 to play. And even then, I LOVED GTA SA, had a remarkably good time with it, but replaying it ? Replaying all those big sandbox games ?
I mean, it's not totally impossible that I change my mind, but there are so many games to play...

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Deleted member 113

This free, cool looking game is out now:

---

Also, I just noticed Oniria Crimes has recently dropped its price on Steam quite significantly.
I'm seeing the current price at 8,19€ on Steam, while on the Microsoft store and PSN it costs 19,99€:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I finished Eastward. Extremely charming game that is one of the few Earthbound tributes to do a good job in capturing that game's tone. It can get kind of dull when there's a lot of dialogue, but I still think it's worth playing.

Also Inscryption has sold 100k copies in 3 days.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
A lot of games I want is on sale right now, but due to Metroid Dread I haven't been able to touch my backlog on Steam this week. Shit. Thanskfully it's only Dread I have to play on my consoles atm, but still.

Woah. I feel Im flooded with cool games being released every week. Like EGS exclusives is something I don't care about these days due to all the "new release" mails from Steam.

Reactions: Tomasety

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
GTA remasters look great. Will buy day 1 on Steam.
Yeah, the upscale looks really nice.

Then you add on top of that 60/120 fps, GTA V controls/targeting, instant mission restart, etc.

Sounds like a nice all-around package. $60 doesn't bite too hard imo as it's 3 titles.

My only trepidation will be the licensed soundtracks. Not really expecting a miracle (100% intact), but I hope they don't get too butchered.

I can see myself pulling the trigger when it lands on Steam.

EDIT:

Another thing I'm SUPER curious about will be the audio bitrate sampling. If memory serves (it's been a long time), the voiced audio always sounded crazy tinny in the old games as the bitrate was so low in the audio files.

Hopefully they correct that for the remasters.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
A lot of games I want is on sale right now, but due to Metroid Dread I haven't been able to touch my backlog on Steam this week. Shit. Thanskfully it's only Dread I have to play on my consoles atm, but still.

Woah. I feel Im flooded with cool games being released every week. Like EGS exclusives is something I don't care about these days due to all the "new release" mails from Steam.
I'm buying less and less games :shrugblob:

• Evil
  • Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Shishiro Botan, a Japanese VTuber i watch was playing Inscryption earlier today. Devolver going for the trends and coverage. Not sure if it was a sponsored stream or her own choice but either way it'll probably get a bump in sales over there too.

Speaking of Botan playing,
she actually beat something that by all accounts should have been unbeatable, she is too good haha

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I'll definitely pick up that GTA trilogy remaster for under 20$ when it hits Steam. Been wanting to replay Vice City for years now and these should run great on the Deck too. By then PC version will have all the mods needed to really make them definitive.

I still can't believe these clowns are making it exclusive to Rockstar launcher at launch. I don't see the point and they can't seriously think releasing a game once every 5 years will make their launcher viable in any way with PC gamers. They would have to release GTA6 day n date on PC with that launcher for them to really make impact. And you know they won't do it so its dumb as hell keeping these games off Steam where you know they will sell best long term.

Also I bet Sweeney is blowing up their phone right now trying to land the trilogy on EGS lol.

Deleted member 113

In recent days, I've started noticing some conspiracy theory stuff, mostly Covid related (but not just), on my twitter feed, silly stuff really (like "Arnold Schwarzenegger is a nazi!!!", and worse), and I was not understanding where it was coming from.
The culprit? Yet another indie developer (Deceptive Games) who apparently thinks it's a good idea to use their company's twitter account to spread crap, instead of promoting their games.

I wish this would be a rare occurrence, but sadly, it isn't. I've lost count on the developers I unfollowed for this very same reason.
I've mostly given up on using twitter to get videogames updates, or news about small indie developers.
What are these people thinking? o_O

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
In recent days, I've started noticing some conspiracy theory stuff, mostly Covid related (but not just), on my twitter feed, silly stuff really (like "Arnold Schwarzenegger is a nazi!!!", and worse), and I was not understanding where it was coming from.
The culprit? Yet another indie developer (Deceptive Games) who apparently thinks it's a good idea to use their company's twitter account to spread crap, instead of promoting their games.

I wish this would be a rare occurrence, but sadly, it isn't. I've lost count on the developers I unfollowed for this very same reason.
I've mostly given up on using twitter to get videogames updates, or news about small indie developers.
What are these people thinking? o_O
I had to unfollow them as well, but this new stuff is way over the edge.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm buying less and less games :shrugblob:
Lucky guy

this is my current installed "one-and-done" backlog:

In my not-installed curated backlog collection I have 174 games. :(

I have also other installed games in other shelves, "online/MP", roguelikes, strategy, VR, card games, sandbox, management/building. I have 65 games installed overall on Steam. It's also why I don't really ever open GOG, EGS, Uplay, Battle.net because I have more than enough with my Steam games, so everything not on Steam get's forgotten regardless how much I wanna play them. I have installed a few games on EGS than I received a promo copy for (that endless cylinder game, Jett game and Arcadegeddon), but I have never touched them and don't see myself playign them unles they are releases on Steam.

Bacially I don't really need anything else other than my Steam games if Im being really honest with myself.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

I know many don't particularly care about early access games, due to their unfinished nature, but I highly recommend you keep Survivalist: Invisible Strain "under watch":

The original game was already well received, but this sequel is much bigger, and better looking (I rather dig the art style used; it masks the lack of budget quite nicely, and gives it a peculiar, appealing, comic book-like look).
It's currently quite affordable (the normal price is below 6€), and it has a rather impressive scope (with a little "jank", but what fun are games without some? :giggle:).

And, it has been progressing rather nicely.
For example, here are a couple of screenshots showing the new HUD:

Pretty neat, eh? ;)

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Holy shit Steam Beta branch just gave me a heart attack moment. Currently playing Yakuza 5 Remastered and suddenly my save file is all gone today. Turns out is related to Steam Beta and opted out. Glad to see my save files are safe. It's gonna be hell if I need to replay everything to the Finale chapter :sweaty-blob:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Might pick up Resident Evil Village as its on sale.

Were all the stuttering issues sorted does anyone know?

Also if i wasn't a fan of 7 will i like Village? I found 7 just a bit to much scaryness, prefer the more silly action Resi games
yes, i think 6 is pretty good :dmcblob:
I think they fixed the stuttering. I installed it and wanted to run it a bit* to check and didnt notice anything (including the fights where there was stuttering before)

Also runs fine via Linux/Proton, btw.

And RE Village isnt scary except for one part of the game...but even that is not really scary...but Im probably not the right person to ask, I hardly find anything scary. I find horror games cozy.

* ended up playing 2 hours or so

Deleted member 113

I played the first one a bit and yeah it was alright. Well worth the price.
This one is much more ambitious, and "big", and what I played of an earlier version was rather impressive, especially for such a small developer.
It reminds of those Eastern European games from a few years back, that were quite ambitious, while lacking the budget to pull some of it off. Meaning, you get less polish in the final result, but they frequently had a great sense of freedom, originality, and were quite fun.

This one is one of those cases where I have no problem recommending it, despite not being yet "complete".
I mean, it has it all: scope, fun, very positive reviews (and it has almost 1800 reviews, not 100/200), affordable price, and there's even a demo available.

Here's a very old trailer (more of a gameplay video; it's 11 minutes), from a version that is almost 18 months outdated:

The game has progressed quite a bit since then, but the video shows some of the scope, mechanics/systems, and different gameplay situations that the game offers.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Yea for games on game pass, but you can still get the games elsewhere and mod them there.
Yeah, but Im specifically talking about game pass PC. Any client/storefront that makes it difficulty to mod, cheat and edit your game is to me a threat to the health of PC gaming. If GOG did the same, I would consider GOG and PC game pass both threats to PC gaming.

• Evil

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah, but Im specifically talking about game pass PC. Any client/storefront that makes it difficulty to mod, cheat and edit your game is to me a threat to the health of PC gaming. If GOG did the same, I would consider GOG and PC game pass both threats to PC gaming.

But you can still get the game and mod. It would be a threat if the game was exclusive to game pass. I don’t mind game pass until they start doing Shit like that. Openness of pc means options and game pass is a great option for situations that suit some people. Contrast with EGS, they took away all other options.

• Comfy
Status
Not open for further replies.