Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Elden Ring will be robbed cos even those who loved it and played nonstop will have played it way too much and only recall the burn out and the cheap annoyances they quit over after completing like 90% of it, forgetting the wonder of exploring that world the first time and all the challenges they faced.
Nah.

I played it for 220 hours, and it was easily the best game I played this year. I didn't "burn out" on it, I completed it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I still need to finish up FF7remake and P5R

but as of now my GOTY list would be

1. Elden Ring
2. Rogue Legacy 2
3. Vampire Survivors

Need to pick up a couple more things for the winter seal. Overall I would say its been a great year. And next year is looking to be so good too.

Reactions: QFNS and inky

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Nah.

I played it for 220 hours, and it was easily the best game I played this year. I didn't "burn out" on it, I completed it.
100%? I can't imagine what that's like (or how it's measured, uncovering the whole map but not counting anything else, or does the game have a stat for it?) :eek:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm happy with The Witcher remake news.
I quite like the game but it's definitely one of those games that deserve a remake.

A lot of people that got into the franchise haven't checked it out either because it's PC exclusive or because of how different the gameplay is, not to mention how dated it looks.

I'm looking forward to this, it has a lot of potential. There's definitely a great foundation to build upon.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
🎃 Halloween Sale Deals 🎃

New games added since edit:

Bundles:

If you spot any other good deals, let me know!

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Elden Ring won’t be in my top 5. Or my top 10.

I am one of those Souls refuseniks. Really dislike those games.

Not sure what my top list will be, but Bayonetta 3 will probably be on it. If it counts, P5 Royal too.

Ai: The Somnium Files -nirvanA Initiative- too.
ER was very average to me but that's how I view all the souls games. I just don't really get the big deal with those games, the combat isn't very good despite what everyone claims and it has so little to do outside of combat. I get into RPGs for the stories and non combat exploration (like finding cool towns or optional quests), souls games don't have a lot of that. The exploration is great but it's all combat-related exploration, like finding consumables or more weapons. I think Sekiro was a VASTLY superior game to all of them, ER included. It was a much tighter and focused experience that didn't care about what you wanted to play as or what weapon you wanted to use. It didn't have to factor in 1700 play styles for boss fights, and thus the actual fights were far more interesting.

I'm still waiting to find stuff from this year that I'll put on a goty list. It's been a pretty dire year, maybe the worst I can remember since I've always had at least 5 games every year. Good news is I think plague tale will make the cut, I'm around 70% through and still enjoying it. If we're talking goty for this site I'll end up voting for FF7R since it should win every year it's eligible for :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: Kyougar and C-Dub

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That one Dead Space spiritual sequel game has not passed CERO in Japan.

It can still get released in Japan but if it does it will be a Digital only game for Xbox and PC.

Also very recently EA blocked the Dead Space 2023 game for Japan and region locked the game.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Man kiwi Browser is broken on mobile after update. What else can I use that supports add-ons/extensions while not being able (Firefox) on mobile?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Denuvo removed from Gotham Knights in just five days. Is that a new record?
And somehow my performance is even worse this patch. I was just getting fps drops traversing the world before, Now the game straight up freezes for a few seconds. Very cool WB

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
I kinda wish that there is a site that can go through all my Steam games and be able to list games based on a theme. For example, list all games with any Halloween theme, like horror or spooky.
Not quite the same, but one of Steam's recently added features I really appreciate is being able to filter your library via tags.

I wish there were a Halloween tag, though. Costume Quest 1 & 2 are my go-to Halloween games :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: FunnyJay and Deku

Deleted member 113

Yesterday I went a bit OOT, and posted about the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis Mini 2.

Sadly, the credits to this mini console brought to light the news of the death earlier this year of Rieko Kodama, who directed Phantasy Star IV, and was an artist or producer on several classic SEGA games (from Alex Kidd and Sonic games, to Skies of Arcadia).

Here's a few interviews with her (the first one from last year), discussing her work:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 113

Interesting that there is no link to Epic Account option.
Does anyone know a list of all Sony titles that have account link extras?

I know Spider-Man has some early unlocks as a bonus, since I started playing that one last weekend. :)
I'm curious about what other games have these "freebies".

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

Interesting that there is no link to Epic Account option.
There will be if they sell more on EGS. The account linking thing is to collect data and see what else PC gamers do/have done with their Sony account.

It’s one thing to have the SteamID, but unless they can link that with all their other data it’a not that valuable for a company like SIE.

I guess they want to see how much their PC push has impacted their console business, if at all?

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I think my steam account is still connected to my PSN account from the Portal release.

It's funny how I have such hard time remembering the evolve item pairings in Vampire Survivors, close to 30 hours in it one would think I knew them all by heart.
I’m like that for some of the evolves. I think it shows what evolves what on the pick up list. But only if you have the corresponding item already.

Reactions: Le Pertti

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I can't stop playing Marvel Snap, on Steam and on my phone, it's a pretty simple card game, but its so addicting.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

I was surprised at first to read a tweet from Naka where he doesn’t shit on one of his colleagues. But then again, he finds a way to insert himself in the narrative. Asshole status still very probable.

• Love
Reactions: NarohDethan

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Also-known-as: The EGS Story.
I doubt Epic has invested anywhere near as much into EGS, both in real terms and as a proportion of its income and company value, as Meta has into the Metaverse.

Sweeney is just spending money to muscle into markets his company was never innovative enough to pioneer in. Meanwhile, Zuckerberg is a deluded idiot.

FunnyJay