Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Did Valve get rid of custom home button chords in the new Big Picture? Whyyyy...
Are you talking about the beta? I think that's just not been implemented yet. On the Steam Deck it uses inbuilt buttons left and right for these, and it seems they haven't ported that over to the Desktop beta yet. I assume this is something they will ship later down the line.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

My version.
There's this on Apple Arcade, seems to be from the same devs. It should come to steam at some point.

Reactions: Yoshi and Aaron D.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
There's this on Apple Arcade, seems to be from the same devs. It should come to steam at some point.

switch version works well on yuzu, just saying...

( and on Deck : P )

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Playing Maid of Sker on the Deck. It's profoundly average, but I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy playing it. The fact that it's on an handheld may very well play some part in it. Not incredible, not a must play at all, but if you have it in your library, why not give it a go this October, for season's sake.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I don't think they send the keys through email, in the voidu page, in the account dropdown go to "my orders", and go to the order details for Sackboy, the key should be there unless something went wrong.
I know, I've been waiting for it on my order page. It keeps saying it's trying to get my key.
Are you talking about the beta? I think that's just not been implemented yet. On the Steam Deck it uses inbuilt buttons left and right for these, and it seems they haven't ported that over to the Desktop beta yet. I assume this is something they will ship later down the line.
I'm talking about like, I have a custom binding in Steam for alt+tab that I have bound to Start in the home button chord bindings. Right now it seems like the chord buttons are preset and there's no menu to change them. Can you fully customize the home button chords on the Deck?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
If their handling of NEO TWEWY is any indication, watch them shadowdrop it the same week Sony finally drops Bloodborne.
I dont even care if its a shadowdrop, i just want it already.
My balls are about to fall off from all this edging.
IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG.

I OWN THE ORIGINALS
I OWN THE LIMITED EDITION OF THE PS3 REMASTERS
I OWN THE LIMITED EDITION OF THE PS4 REMASTERS OF THE PS3 REMASTERS

BUT
WHERE
IS
MY
FUCKING
STEAM
VERSION

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm talking about like, I have a custom binding in Steam for alt+tab that I have bound to Start in the home button chord bindings. Right now it seems like the chord buttons are preset and there's no menu to change them. Can you fully customize the home button chords on the Deck?
In the old Big Picture, there is a menu that allows you to set the chord controls to whatever you like, even alt+tab surely.
The new one doesn't have that feature. Unless I really missed something major, I also don't think that the SteamDeck currently lets you modify any of those chord controls. It's just hard coded, right now. I would assume Valve will add this functionality before the new UI hits stable.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Yeah, I reverted to the old BPM mode. I used the button chord function often, and current lack of support is a dealbreaker for me. Also, the steam overlay hook in the new BPM doesn't play nice with one of my non-steam games even though it was working fine with the old BPM mode.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, I reverted to the old BPM mode. I used the button chord function often, and current lack of support is a dealbreaker for me. Also, the steam overlay hook in the new BPM doesn't play nice with one of my non-steam games even though it was working fine with the old BPM mode.
From my testing it doesn’t play nice with any non-Steam games.

I’ve reported the bug, so we just have to wait for Valve to fix it.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Hate me all you want but I think sackboy is stupid, It's cool it got ported to PC but I'll be the first to admit it's in my realm of "Uhhhh.... okay"

I'll get if it goes to like 5$ but that's never going to happen so I guess im never going to get it on PC lol
Elden Ring DLC leaked

:evilblob:

When you get offered an Accord

For that it should of been a spinning car instead of the bike

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The Winters expansion thingy* for RE Village is about 3 hrs long btw. Mostly reused areas (with twists of course). But overall, its pretty good!

* by that I mean "Shadows of Rose", of course
The middle part was by far and away the best.
The whole mannequin part was amazing!!

Im a little bit disappointed you dont get to use your super powers much so, especially with the ones youve unlocked at the end, it would have made for a real cool experience.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

My version.
This! Love Everybodys golf. Ive been playing World Tour via the rcps3 emulator. Works pretty well, just some imput lag which makes it tricky to get perfect shots (or im just a bit rubbish). Would love a proper version to get a pc release but doubt its very high on the port list.

Been on a bit of a spending spree. Picked up Rimworld new dlc, Timberborn, Prehistoric Kingdom, Pinball wizard and Gloomwood.

Still on honeymoon. We both got covid at the wedding which sucks. spent the first few days pretty rough but feeling better now. Unfortunately its chucking it down so just lounging around. Lucky i bought the deck!

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, I just finished Uncharted 4 and now I continue playing Plague Tale: Requiem

I also installed Sackboy on Deck and after some fixing (I had a borked installation) it now runs great too. and I guess I will continue No More Heroes 1 and Persona 5 as soon as I can lol

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
The middle part was by far and away the best.
The whole mannequin part was amazing!!

Im a little bit disappointed you dont get to use your super powers much so, especially with the ones youve unlocked at the end, it would have made for a real cool experience.
I'm hoping they are saving all the superpowers stuff for a spin of, a RE like Control would be pretty great.

Reactions: LEANIJA

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I'm travelling a lot more for work again so considering getting a Deck
I'm not considering a Switch as Nintendo first party has simply never done much for me no matter how many times I have given Ninty the chance. Only a couple of titles otherwise grab my attention, which I could probably emulate on Deck?
How is the Deck when "docked" to a TV or monitor? Does performance take a real big hit when scaling up to higher resolutions?

Elden Ring won’t be in my top 5. Or my top 10.

I am one of those Souls refuseniks. Really dislike those games.

Not sure what my top list will be, but Bayonetta 3 will probably be on it. If it counts, P5 Royal too.

Ai: The Somnium Files -nirvanA Initiative- too.
AI Somnium Files 2 is definitely my GOTY so far

I haven't played that many 2022 releases tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub

Deleted member 113

In case anyone is wondering, Arkanoid - Eternal Battle is pretty alright.

It has a bunch of single player content, including the original Arkanoid (although sadly it currently doesn't play in full screen, it has an arcade cabinet "frame"), and the Neo mode (essentially a new Arkanoid game, with new power-ups, a catchy soundtrack, and the updated visual style), plus a bunch of multiplayer modes, including Eternal Battle, a 25 player online game mode in which the player with the lowest score is periodically removed, until there's 4 left, and they go into a final fight with a boss (until a single player remains).
Sadly, barely anyone is playing online, so you usually get 3/4 human players, and 21/22 bots, but it's still quite enjoyable.

I think the developers overestimated a bit the amount of players who enjoy the genre, and who are willing to drop 20€+ on a game, though (the full, non-discounted price is actually 29,99€).

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
How is the Deck when "docked" to a TV or monitor? Does performance take a real big hit when scaling up to higher resolutions?
As with all these things, it really depends on the game and the resolution.

For what it’s worth I tried Persona 5 Royal on my TV and at 1080p it held a similar framerate to handheld mode.

I also checked out The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and basically I was able to play it at 4K 30fps.

So it might be worth thinking about what you’re gonna play on it, what resolution you’ll be driving the Deck at when docked and go from there.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

Yeah...

In the old Big Picture, there is a menu that allows you to set the chord controls to whatever you like, even alt+tab surely.
The new one doesn't have that feature. Unless I really missed something major, I also don't think that the SteamDeck currently lets you modify any of those chord controls. It's just hard coded, right now. I would assume Valve will add this functionality before the new UI hits stable.
I'd really hope so...

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

The Steam and Switch versions of P5R will probably move several million more units when it's all said and done. Who would have thought putting games on platforms people use would lead to more sales?
This is what I was saying on discord yesterday when SE talked about japan not being enough anymore. All of the big JP publishers rely on global sales now because japan itself has mostly abandoned consoles. People like to rag on SE because they're an easy target but you have the proof right there, 77% of something as niche as persona is sold overseas. But it's the same for Capcom too, MHW selling 25m+ wasn't led by japan that's for sure despite MH being so popular over there for a long time.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
As with all these things, it really depends on the game and the resolution.

For what it’s worth I tried Persona 5 Royal on my TV and at 1080p it held a similar framerate to handheld mode.

I also checked out The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and basically I was able to play it at 4K 30fps.

So it might be worth thinking about what you’re gonna play on it, what resolution you’ll be driving the Deck at when docked and go from there.
Thanks
I’ve a 4K tv and a 1440p monitor but I’m happy to stick with 1080p 30fps and mid settings as needed

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Maid of Sker finished.
Like Doctor Dekker, I liked it in spite of the game. Story was alright. More than the main mythology it seems to go for, I think it mostly achieve the
murder hotel
mood without going nasty.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Trying to buy from CDKeys now, but there seems to be a network connection problem for me. Google and PayPal gets stuck on establishing a TLS connection and nothing really works. Gah, so tired!

Status
Not open for further replies.