Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Cautiously optimistic for this game. It looks like God of War reboot with a touch of Devil May Cry. It's one of the four remaining 2022 releases I'm anticipating (alongside Ragnarok, Tactics Ogre Reborn and Callisto Protocol).
Mine would be this one and Midnight Suns. Very excited for both.

Reactions: Arc

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Nibel not going to be covering games anymore. :crying-face:

:wd_salute:
fuller explanation - part Musk, but it sounds like the more immediate reason is that the failure of his Patreon made him realize that people were only following him as a news aggregator and that he hadn't actually built a personal brand he could monetize. Can't really blame him for deciding to quit; if I were him, I'd have burned out long before now

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Mine would be this one and Midnight Suns. Very excited for both.
I'm interested in that as well, but I'm waiting for a complete edition. I'm afraid I'll get burnt out on tactical RPGs as I'm playing through Mario + Rabbids and Fire Emblem Engage comes out in January.

Also this is coming out next year. Tactics fans are eating good.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Also this is coming out next year. Tactics fans are eating good.
Yeah. I went to read some Japanese impressions on R-Type Tactics after the announcements. Apparently the second game is really good. Can't wait.

• Gib
Reactions: Avern

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
lashman

You are not stopping posting Steam pages here, are you? Only Twitter right.
yeah, yeah, only twitter, don't worry

I just saw that Valve sent out another "Missing store assets" reminder recently. I wonder if the idea of less visibility in sales and other events will motivate stragglers to provide a library image. Probably not
it will not, no

Kecmo don't give a singular fuck :p

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
some people who quits twitter because of the new mods will get mad when they realize there's no mods on mastodon XD and the feedback they will get or even worse, when some kind of content appears overthere.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Voidu has a weird shelf of games. I went through like 20 things in my wishlist on Steam and they had none of them, not even Guardians of the Galaxy somehow. Figured I could find something worth using one of those codes on but so far the answer appears to be "no"

• This!
Reactions: sprinkles

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I use twitter because I want to follow specific individual accounts, so the instances approach for mastodon is just not for me.

I'll gladly move from twitter to another social platform if the great majority of accounts that I follow move as well though (and since many of the accounts I follow are gaming related, I don't see this happening anytime soon).

Reactions: QFNS

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I use twitter because I want to follow specific individual accounts, so the instances approach for mastodon is just not for me.

I'll gladly move from twitter to another social platform if the great majority of accounts that I follow move though (and since many of the accounts I follow are gaming related, I don't see this happening anytime soon).
Instances are more like... subreddits, I guess, if you're familiar with reddit layout. You can join instances to explore them if you want but accounts can be followed from anywhere. Edit: I'm no expert, I'm pretty new to it, but this is my understanding so far. I've never had to do anything to follow anyone differently than you do on Twitter.

And yea of course the only point behind a social network is the social part, so if there aren't people you want to follow, there's not much point in any site.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
You have any information/impression about this developer? Don't know anything about them but their "Developer Message" got me interested.

DEVELOPER'S MESSAGE
It's difficult for me to write this "overview", because I do believe that Saturn Quest: R. U. N. E. 3000 is one of the best video games ever created. It's my game number 10 and it's the first time I feel this way about my own work. I DO believe this work is genius. And honestly it's all I want you to know at this point.
Seems like they don't have sales very often and wondering if I should jump on the current discount.

If anyone is interested as well their other game Cube Gothic seems to be on it's first ever sale since it's release.

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Instances are more like... subreddits, I guess, if you're familiar with reddit layout. You can join instances to explore them if you want but accounts can be followed from anywhere. Edit: I'm no expert, I'm pretty new to it, but this is my understanding so far. I've never had to do anything to follow anyone differently than you do on Twitter.

And yea of course the only point behind a social network is the social part, so if there aren't people you want to follow, there's not much point in any site.
Yeah, following communities/instances is just something I have no interest in when it comes to twitter like apps, and the individual accounts that I follow are not on mastodon.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm of half a mind to ask for tips on using Magic Arena. I mean, not even play it, but that UI drives me nuts.
I deleted Tactical Assault and I'm not even sure I should have or how the recreate it.

Just to be sure, there are no pre-built decks you have to fill by farming cards ? Outside of the starter decks it's do it yourself or copy a net deck ?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I'm of half a mind to ask for tips on using Magic Arena. I mean, not even play it, but that UI drives me nuts.
Like what?
The UI for the gamemodes has definitely turned to shit tho, i give you that

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Like what?
The UI for the gamemodes has definitely turned to shit tho, i give you that
I'm not even sure how to explain it. I find the deck management confusing as heck. Why can't we have fucking tabs for each mode ? Why do I have to specify inside the deck for which mode I want to use it ? What if the deck is compatible with several modes, what then ? Do I have to clone it and specify the mode for each clone ?
It may be super stupid, I'm a lapsed player who historically played with starters and the whole management thing eludes me.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I'm not even sure how to explain it. I find the deck management confusing as heck. Why can't we have fucking tabs for each mode ? Why do I have to specify inside the deck for which mode I want to use it ? What if the deck is compatible with several modes, what then ? Do I have to clone it and specify the mode for each clone ?
It may be super stupid, I'm a lapsed player who historically played with starters and the whole management thing eludes me.
You dont have to specificy for which mode your deck is, the option is there so the card collection displays only the cards available for that mode.
So if you put it to standard, it will only show cards legal in standard etc.

If a deck is legal in multiple modes, you can just play it in multiple modes when you select a gamemode and choose deck you want to play.

Reactions: QFNS and Li Kao

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

At first I thought it's not heavily enhanced, see low res textures and stuff, but nope, it's a pretty substantial visual upgrade going back to the original after all.

Nice I just finished it the other day, lol. It doesn't look radically different though, other than having no distortion when looking up and down any more. One thing I'd hope it changes is this weird LOD line like a couple meters ahead of you, it only seems to change the shading or something and you see it move along the walls etc., but that's still there in the video. Oh well. Great source port anyway. I'm sure the new options will be appreciated by some.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Great news I was able to make reservations for Disneyland restaurants. I am disappointed that I was not able to get the times that I wanted but at least I will be able to experience something that not a lot of guest are able to.

New idea for a video game, when making a theme park game, force guest to make reservations before even entering your park, this way you know how many guests you can expect each day in your park and plan accordingly. You can even take it a step further by having guest let you know ahead of time what are they rides and restaurants that they are interested in visiting the day of their visit. Because that's the current situation at Disneyland.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Can someone tell my why this is some sort of big deal? To me, they just quote retweet some other pages.
Pretty much he shared/tweeted about gaming news in general and was often pretty quick at that. He was also rather quick at making tweets with summaries and screenshots from on-going live events.
It was just convenient following one person that just shared general gaming news.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Can someone tell my why this is some sort of big deal? To me, they just quote retweet some other pages.
They just aggregate content. Game journos used Nibel’s split-second postings almost exclusively to steal each other’s stories in record breaking time.

One of them even admitted they had Nibel’s Twitter feed open near permanently because they were so quick to post.

That said, Nibel tried to add monetisation to his linking/aggregating and it blew up in his face. Muskrat’s Twitter takeover probably hastened the inevitable shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.